• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Farmington/Durango Tournament Rankings

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
Welcome to the Farmington Play N Trade ranking system!

We are setting up a ranking system similar the ranking system for chess...it will also be applicable to Brawl when it comes out (With ladder reset of course).

Every week, we will have tournaments at the Farmington Play N Trade in the Animas Valley mall. Every player who participates will be ranked according to our system, the top 20 players will be posted for all to see, and the top 5 will have their main character displayed. As for stats tracking, the following will be logged:
Wins
Main Character
Rank Score
*NOTE: Kills, Deaths, and losses were getting too difficult to track, so they were dropped. Also, a ladder reset has occurred, the top players will recieve 5 aditional points for the rank position they were in.

THIS LADDER IS NOT UP TO DATE!!! WILL BE UPDATED VERY SOON
CURRENT LEADERS
Brandon, rank 1040, Fox
Wins: 8
Paul, rank 1035, Dr Mario
Wins: 8
Zenjamin, rank 1022, Ganon
Wins: 11
Kenneth, rank 1019, Samus
Wins: 9
Stuey, rank 1016, Falco
Wins: 4

PLAYERS 6-15
Ari 1006 Wins: 6
Josiah 1006 Wins: 5
Patrick 1003 Wins: 2
Nephi 1000 Wins: 2
Matt 996 Wins: 0
Jared 996 Wins: 0

Rank Scoring starts at 1000 points. Every win gets you 2 points while every loss loses you 1 point. The winner of the tournament also get an aditional 5 points for winning everything.

Everyone from anywhere is welcome to join in our tournaments...even if your out of state. If there is a rank system from where you hail from and you are ranked as a higher end player, you (not us) may opt to start with extra points. Your rank in your region will determine how many extra points you will recieve. Some form of proof will be required...a thread in SmashBoards that can be identified as a ranking system will do.

Every saturday at 3:00pm another tournament will occur till December 1st when our final ranked Melee tournament will occur. After, we will have un-ranked matches till the release of Brawl. Bring your own controller if you don't want to get stuck with a possibly deteriorated controller.

Rules are as follows:
Sets are Best 2 out of 3
Double Elimination
Random Stage Select with levels that are listed below
Loser gets counter pick on both stage and character selection (stage selection is limited to list of stages below)
Infinites are banned
Tournament winner gets an inherent 5 points added to his or her rank
4 stock with 8 minute timer
Pause is disabled
Brackets are random, however, players from the same region may request a re-randomization so as not to fight comrads initially (ONLY INITIALLY!!! CONTROVERSY WAS BROUGHT UP OVER THIS POINT BEFORE, BUT HERE IT IS STATED IN THE RULES)
All Melee battles will be fought on Gamecubes and Brawl on Wiis
For Finals and Semi-Finals, each player may ban a stage at the beginning of their set that will stay banned till the end of their set
Modified controllers are not allowed in any way...this includes notching, rapid hacking, button re-mapping, or anything else that might give a player the edge as deemed by tournament officials
No macro or turbo controllers
Johns are automatic grounds for disqualification as deemed by tournament officials and other player your johning to (the player needs an official to agree for disqualification)...this is for extreme cases, but still needs to be stated
Disqualification or forfeit results in 2 points loss
No Items

Stages for random are:
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Banned Stages include:
Brinstar Depths
Princess Peach's Castle
Great Bay
Temple
Yoshi's Island
Venom
Big Blue
Onett
Fourside
Mushroom Kingdom
Icicle Mountain
Flat Zone
Yoshi's Island N64

All others are allowed as counter-pick stages

If you have ideas to clean up this post/see an error/make it look pretty...just PM me...also this will be updated a lot.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
that sounded sorta complicated. but it sounds like you know what your doing. so are you saying that we get points for everyone we beat?

so if we play a little kid, would it be in our best interest not to sand-bag or play with a different charcter, but rather just roflSTOMP his 6 year old ass into the ground?

Johns are automatic grounds for disqualification as deemed by tournament officials and other player your johning to
lol. very nice. but if someone is johning. doesnt that mean they lost and thus the issue of disqualification becomes null?

is there an entry fee?

you kick ass for hosting this.

could we perhaps come up with what stages should be neutral/counterpick/banned on our own?

the MLG rules were outdatedis somerespects. the were specific to past pro matches, ect
ex:
some matches were banned because of stalling tactics. then they just made things simple by banning stalling tactics themselves.

Anyways. intro.
hello everybody. my name is Zenjamin, Zenj, Benjamin, Ben, Benj, ...whatever.
ganon is my main. I used to be 3ed best in DSC (Durango Smash Crew), behind Nin9 and Duha.
however 9 and Duha have left, but in their place we have Kennith. he is from texas and has smashed with the best of them. you will likely play his DK, CF, or any other character. but if you either ask real nicely or make him through a demonstration of skill, he will show you his samus.

we also have Brandon (mewtoo) who has improved by leaps and bounds over the summer(unlike me. i didnt play once:() and Andy(sheik). but i only played him once so i dont know if he has improved at the rate Brandon has.

it is out goal to come to Farmington every week and take 1st, 2ed, and 3ed place, so be ready to fight us for it;)

im not sure how completive i will be as i dont have a gamecube to pratice techs with and such. but it should be fun regardless.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
Entry fee is always gonna be $5.00...I'll fix that on the post. Nice intro there...by the way, I am Ari or Bef or Bombshelboy...you know, whatever. My main is Samus but I have a decent jiggs, peach, game & watch, and zelda. I do work at PnT, but I also am putting in money for the tournies AND have a chance to win prizes/ranks.

To answer what levels are legal/illigal, the random stages are as follows (and will be posted above as well):
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Then the counter-pick stages include the above plus:
Rainbow Cruise
Great Bay
Venom
Poke Floats
Fourside
Mushroom Kingdom II

You might have noticed that DK 64 stage isn't enabled...its because of unfair advantages that certain characters gain

EDIT: We can look at the stages that you might want enabled/disabled. These rules aren't set in stone by any measure.

Stueyman2099

Smash Cadet
Hey Hey ppl.

I go by Stuey, which is likely evident by my screen name. Incidentaly, I'm bombshels room mate, and will hopefully be able to participate in some of these. I mostly play fox and falco atm.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Entry fee is always gonna be $5.00...I'll fix that on the post. Nice intro there...by the way, I am Ari or Bef or Bombshelboy...you know, whatever. My main is Samus but I have a decent jiggs, peach, game & watch, and zelda. I do work at PnT, but I also am putting in money for the tournies AND have a chance to win prizes/ranks.

To answer what levels are legal/illigal, the random stages are as follows (and will be posted above as well):
Yoshi Story
Fountain of Dreams
Pokemon Stadium
Battle Field
Final Destination
Dreamland 64

Then the counter-pick stages include the above plus:
Rainbow Cruise
Great Bay
Venom
Poke Floats
Fourside
Mushroom Kingdom II

You might have noticed that DK 64 stage isn't enabled...its because of unfair advantages that certain characters gain

EDIT: We can look at the stages that you might want enabled/disabled. These rules aren't set in stone by any measure.
if anything congo jungle64 should be random in my opinion.
i think you are thinking of normal congo jungle, where a gator randomly eats you.
it doesnt give any real major advantages to any characters that i am aware of. not like yoshi's story does for marth or anything like that. and thats a random stage.

why is peache's castle banned?
why corneria banned?
why is green greens banned?
usually im for more stages but great bay should be banned. many charcters can throw people under the stage for an absurdly easy stage spike.

EDIT: after looking through your post, i just think you forgot some stages.

rather then go through each one you posted. ill post my opinion/findings and you can work from there

References :
MLG chart
sometimes it hard to remember what name goes with what stage.
smash wiki.

BANNED​
Congo Jungle – a gator comes up and randomly kills you
Onett – was banned by the MLG. But I wouldn’t mind seeing this as a counter-pick
Great Bay – the space below and to the right of the main platform can be exploited for quick stage spikes
Yoshi's Island(N64) - too big and the cloud can be exploited
Hyrule Temple – too big and the “caves” can be exploited. Esp if you can tech
Brinstar Depths – ****. NO.
Icicle Mountain
Flatzone
Mushroom Kingdom
Big Blue

COUNTER PICK​
Jungle Japes – not banned by MLG, but some people ban it B/C of the giant fish. I don’t care either way.
Brinstar – is allowed by MLG, Some people hate the lava, I don’t care either way.
Mute City - Some ban it, others don’t. I don’t care
Venom - this was banned by MLG, but if anyone camps the middle wing, we can declare it a stall tactic.
Fourside – most ban it. But if you watch the game and make sure nobody is running and camping the top spire, it should be fine
Yoshi's Island(melee)– MLG bans it because of wave-shining off the right side... But I like the music.
Mushroom Kingdom II – some ban it. But its only overly cheap if you don’t have the skill to avoid a grab at the edge. Might also have to watch for camping here.
Princess Peach's Castle - i think MLG banned this one on the chart b/c of infinite waveshines. but other stages have that and i dont think anyone in the area can do it with such perfection anyway.
Corneria
Green Greens
Rainbow Cruise
Poké Floats

RANDOM​
Kongo Jungle(N64) - I think it should be random. But make it counterpick if you want.
Yoshi's Story - I think this should be counter-pick because of the huge advantage it can give to marth. But everyone practices with it as random so well just stick with that.
Battlefield – I have just learned mewtoo can do something nasty here... but ill let Brandon show you :lick:
Fountain of Dreams
Pokémon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland

Hey Hey ppl.

I go by Stuey, which is likely evident by my screen name. Incidentaly, I'm bombshels room mate, and will hopefully be able to participate in some of these. I mostly play fox and falco atm.
welcome to smash boards!

fox/falco are great charcters.
everyone should watch thiese following vids, but they are espically important for technical charcters like fox and falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiZLs2doK8E&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFmGIOcWdsM&mode=related&search=

by the way, do you farmington people have a semi-offical crew yet? the last time we did a crew battle aganst Albuquerque was a blast.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
We have a semi-crew right now...still getting it together. Right now we only have 3 members...but it will grow the more tourneys we have.

Donkey Kong 64 is banned because the floor is hollow (AKA you can go through it), the edges don't exist (dis-advantageos for link and samus players), and there are a couple of kirby glitches that are too easy to exploit (provided you can predict the barrel of course)

Peach's Castle is banned because if the Bulletbill hits, its too easy a kill to just throw them into it and the switches throw off timing since they do a short pause of game play

Corneria is banned for ship kills (AKA the ship flies up while your on it)

Green Greens is banned for controlled explosions for any projectile user

If your talking about the pulling through the ledge with MewTwo, I already know about it...it doesn't really work so well with all characters though...I'm also appending to the rules the ability to ban a stage for the semi-finals and finals...so each player may disable 1 stage (at the beginning of their set...not at the beginning of each round). I'm also going to change Brinstar to on and Great Bay to off

OH!!! And do ROFLSTOMP little kids...it hurts your rank if you don't

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
We have a semi-crew right now...still getting it together. Right now we only have 3 members...but it will grow the more tourneys we have.
thats fine, we only have 4.

Now, before I start. Let me just say that i respect play N trade as our humble host, and accept that you have the final word on the issue.

But these stage flaws you pointed out have been analyzed to death by MLG over the years. and they have found that such issues are worth getting a stage banned from random, but not counter pick.

Donkey Kong 64 is banned because the floor is hollow (AKA you can go through it),
only from the bottom up. which only really benefits jiggly. And even then, it just adds a new element to edge guarding. Just follow their recovery and hit them through the floor. Rainbow cruise has floors like that for half the ride
the edges don't exist (dis-advantageos for link and samus players)
you mean ledges? Im pretty sure you can use the grapple there. It’s just hard. Like on battlefield. But even if they didn’t, a lack of grapple for two characters that already have very good recovery abilities is hardly worth a ban.
and there are a couple of kirby glitches that are too easy to exploit (provided you can predict the barrel of course
lol, I don’t know what "glitches" your talking about, but Kirby sucks so bad he deserves them.

Peach's Castle is banned because if the Bulletbill hits, its too easy a kill to just throw them into it and the switches throw off timing since they do a short pause of game play.
don’t get grabbed. Easy as that. Its not a random element or anything. such an event can be avoided with skill. And I never even noticed about the (very short) pause with the switches. Not noticeable. The whole reason for banning pausing is b/c they can be used to interrupt combos. But if your comboing someone, they are not going to be able to flip a switch.

Corneria is banned for ship kills (AKA the ship flies up while your on it)
if someone jhons about that, just tell them "dont get on the ship, noob"(I wouldn’t call them a noob though).and if someone combos someone else onto a ship (very rare occurrence), then they deserve the kill because it was earned with skill.

Green Greens is banned for controlled explosions for any projectile user
the bomb pattern is not completely random. they spawn in a way so that there is always a way either over or through them. (if your quick and careful)

Just to summarize. The things you mentioned are not significant enough to lend a great advantage to anyone, or has any random element that would dominate the match. However they are noticeable enough to be disallowed from random.

MLG actually did ban PP's castle. But for the express reason of a wave-shine infinite against the wall. But I don’t think there is a fox in the area that good.

kongo jungle64 does give jiggly a noticeable recovery advantage. i forgot about that. so i revise my statement that it should be random and now go with the basic MLG counter-pick.

Ive talked to Kennith and the rest of DSC feels the same way aswell.

OH!!! And do ROFLSTOMP little kids...it hurts your rank if you don't
lol. Good stuff. but i think ill use those matches as pratice matches untill i get a GC.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
nice. good **** man. hey. didnt you used to be manger of that PNT? what happened? wasnt payen the bills or somethin?

/shrug.

so long as their still doin tournys.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
nice. good **** man. hey. didnt you used to be manger of that PNT? what happened? wasnt payen the bills or somethin?

/shrug.

so long as their still doin tournys.
No...that was James who was manager...JohnnyLaw is Paul :p

Thanks everyone who showed for the tourney (The D-Crew and F-Crew pretty much :p) it was really fun...I hope it was for you too...I'm gonna post the current rankings up on the first post....seeya guys!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
if you call second place right behind Kennith with 30$ in my pocket, then ya. i lost. but i dont consider it a loss unless I lose money or someone in DSC gets knocked out by someone not in DSC.
and i did beat him in our first set. but i came from the loser's bracket so i had to do it again, but didnt.

anyways. great tourny Ari. my thumbs hurt when i put pressure on them so it seems like you did make us work for it.
but DSC did great as expected. none of our members got knocked out by anyone other then another member of DSC.

so ari. you said you were going to update the stages for counterpick? we really should just use the MLG with the exception of fourside(as it was banned because of peaches stall tatic. but we can just disallow the tatic itself.)

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
9/15/07 NMGC Monthly Results:

1st - Alphabravo
2nd - Erich
3rd - GoldenGlove
4th - AllBoutPeach
5th - Sinz
5th - BTK (johnnylaw)
7th - Lrin
7th - Kashakunaki
9th - wraith
9th - Freewind
9th - Sliraobe God
9th - Pice
13th - Robot
13th - Yuki
13th - PEDE

Stueyman2099

Smash Cadet
thanks for the links Zenjamin, but I had seen those already. I just really need to apply it more, as you likely saw in my match against Kenneth (7734). I find myself not using them becuase I don't have enough practice with them and end up failing to use them properly, casuing me to end up in a bad position. I try to make up for it by out thinking and out playing people, which was how I was able to take Kenneths falco to 100%+ on the last stock. In anycase, I'm always open to taking advice and critisicm about my play.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
stuey:
was that in a tourny match?

johnny law:
i see you beat kash. very good. i still need to MM that guy. come up to farmington one saturday.
actually i did mention it to him
but he didnt respond, so either he didnt see it or he's scrred (as 9 would say)

dont double post

CURRENT LEADERS
Kenneth, rank 1018, Samus
Kills: 48 Deaths: 42 Wins: 11
Zenjamin, rank 1013, Gannon
you should make use of bold, spaces, and perhaps different colors to make things a little more seperate and readable.

o. and in responce to what i highlited with red...
GANNON-BANNED!!!!

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
9/15/07 NMGC Monthly Results:

1st - Alphabravo
2nd - Erich
3rd - GoldenGlove
4th - AllBoutPeach
5th - Sinz
5th - BTK (johnnylaw)
7th - Lrin
7th - Kashakunaki
9th - wraith
9th - Freewind
9th - Sliraobe God
9th - Pice
13th - Robot
13th - Yuki
13th - PEDE
Awesome Paul! Good to see that you made top 5...I did too. Lets have a cake party!

I found that one sheet...it was crumpled up down the hall in the mall...must have been some ****ty kid. I will write the info digitally from now on because screw this ever happening again.

EDIT: I just read the second page comments, and I will do some better formatting. When you say Gannon-Banned do you mean I should make it Gannondorf? I'll do it anyway just incase...

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
na. just that it can be spelled ganondorf or ganon. But not gannon with two N's. some other ganon player got on me for that.
EDIT: and you still spelled it gaNNondorf? lol. see above "gannon banned" link

anyways. could we please talk stages? at the tourny i heard you would revise them.

Corneria, green greens, and congo jungle64 are my counterpick stages of choice. all of which are allowed by the MLG and the general competive smash community. these are also relitivly popular as counter-pick stages to balance out the options that people like falco and marth users have.

more reference: smash wiki.

i wont fight you over mute city, but i know Duha would if he were here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

two vids i started thinking of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60imXV33c5E&NR=1:
i should prob get to know PK floats like these guys. getting KOed by goldien/magicharp/floundermon/whatever the frack his name is, was just lame.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnfyF8uSkNk :
for the ganon who left befor i could ditto him.
1233 was the first pro ganon to start usen the downB spike. and i think he started doin it because I suggested he start. o well it looks badass

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vziStKcg6g&NR=1 for the new CF:
you were hella hard to catch. but that shouldnt be CF's style. running arond, keeping in your charcters sweetspot range, and looking for an oppening to get one ot two his in; thats ganondorf's style. CF's style should be to use shffls and dash dances to inniate a combo and keep that combo going as long as possible. (at least thats how ive heard it.)
but you were quite good. keep it up

Stueyman2099

Smash Cadet
stuey:
was that in a tourny match?
Yes, round 3 of the only match I had time to play.

Round 1:Falco (me) Samus (7734) 7734 wins
Round 2:Falco (me) Samus (7734) I win
Round 3:Falco (me) Falco (7734) 7734 wins

Incidentaly, 1 edge guard would have won me round 3, but I was far too slow to capitalize on the oppurtunity.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
o ya. that was when kennith yelled at me for yelling at him to stop hitting your shield and getting sheild grabbed.

unfortuneatly that match woke him up and he wouldnt let me get a sheild grab on him in our finals.

Smash Journeyman
Ari- Thanks for hosting this and taking the time to create this thread and ranking system. Its nice to know that people are actually showing interest now! As for the touney.. Everyone has gotten so much better since last time! Sucks paul and them could'nt be there. I hope I can make it out the next two saterdays. I dont want to fall down in the rankings, but I may have to. L8R

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
I will most likely be coming to this next tourney. Marcus and I. Marcus has defintely improved and I seem to be accelerating as well. It will be a hoot.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
spiffy, who's marcus play? skill lv?

looking forward to playing you again. if you beat kash/paul2 at the monthly then you must have improved alot. (there are two pauls... right?)

Smash Journeyman
I get off at 4:30 next sat. Ari- If I were to get off at 3 or 3:30 could I get a first round bye? (givin there is an odd number) And if I'm still not there in time could I forfiet my first match and go into the losers bracket? I really want to go bad! thanx

p.s. we should do MLG counter pick stages!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Rank Scoring starts at 1000 points. When players that are even in points battle, the winner gains 3 points and the loser loses 3 points. When a player of higher level beats a player of lower level, the higher level gains 2 points if within 10 points of difference or 1 point if they are more than 10 points higher (loser loses score accordingly). If a player of lower score beats a player of higher score, 5 points are transfered. The 5 points are static for ANY lower ranked player...even new players.

Ok. I re-read the ranking system and i finally think I see how it works. However i think it has a built in flaw that will reveal itself down the road...

Every time someone beats someone who is higher ranked then them, they get 5 points.
even if I was only one point behind Kennith, if i beat him, i would gain 5 points. And he would only gain 2 points if he beat me.

Kennith is better than me. But I do have the ability to beat him. with this system I could, in theory, be switching places with him quite often.

I think your goal with this system was to have a system where new competitors could more easily climb the ladder. And people wouldn’t get so far ahead in the rankings to catch.

but this system does that a little too well. Things will not be consistent. Positions will be switching constantly and gives too large of a handy-cap to those at the top of the ladder.

When players that are even in points battle, the winner gains 3 points and the loser loses 3 points.
lets be real here. players will almost never be even in rankings. So the default "the winner gains 3 points and the loser loses 3 points." will only apply in the first tourny. Which already happened.

There should be a system that does not so heavily hand-cap people at the top and close the gap between the good, the bad, and the ugly.
As it is now, being at the top of the ladder means you will always get 2.5 Less points then everybody else. And 5 times less points then everybody who is 10 points below you. For Kennith this means everybody but me.
with this system, it seems like it would be quite easy to get within 5 points of the top dog. and one absence could severely set him back.
this has the potential to be a very inconsistent system.

Suggestions:

The % Formula

Have it baised on porportion. just give the winner of the set a % of the points of the person they beat, plus a set # (or a % of the avrage of everyones points to make it more fair. and consistant/scaleing)

EX:
Kennith 2947 points
Zenj 1848 points (has missed many tournys)

zenj beats kennith :
2947 X 0.01 + 10 = +39.5 points

if kennith won:
1848 X 0.01 + 10 = +28.5 points.

so...
whats % of 40 is 11?

whatever. theres the theroy.
the formula would have to be tweeked of corse.... but that may be a little too complicated.

Player Tiers​
we could do tiers. players ranked by tiers.
you beat someone ranked top tier you get 6 points, beat someone high tier; 4 points, mid tier; 3 points, ect...
of course the points earned for beating someone within a tier can be adjusted.

Challenge system​
Or, just have the loser lose 3 points, winner gain three points. And if you want to climb the ladder quickly. Just challenge someone high on the ladder and if you win your points will be averaged together.

Rules/exceptions (adjustable):
1) You can not compete in a challenge with the same person more then once a month.
2) you may, once a month (or some other # of days), decline challenges, as you may not be playing very well at the time.
3) You must have 10% less points then someone to challenge them.
4) If you challenge someone and lose, the winner will take three of your points, just as they would in a normal tournament match. so some level of confidence is suggested

EX:
Feel the top person has too many points, and you should have a chance to compete in the race neck and neck with him?
Just challenge him. if you win you are even with him as your points are avraged together. you then can compete in normal tournament matches with your skill to help you pull ahead.

I will be missing at least one (perhaps two) tournaments in a row. if that happens i could echallenge someone to get me closer to where i feel i should be. if i challenge Kennith, i could lose and be stuck climbing the ladder three points a set/match for another month. and i would have to give him some of my points. so i would challenge someone i feel more confortable beating. or someone not from DSC if they ever happen to get so many points ahead of me that would allow a challenge match..

so it does have the option of accelerated advancement for those who fell behind on the ladder. but only in relation to your skill, only in your relation to the skill of who you challenge.

any ideas/votes? questions/comments?
i like the tier idea or the challenge idea best myself. perhaps Not as fair as some huge formula, but more simple and free of thchnical error.

the challenge idea seems most fair,consistent, flexable, and easiest to handle. plus the added bonus of epic battles. but there wont be so many of these as to disrupt normal tournament flow because of rules 3 and 4.

SHIT!!

i just missed class typing this.

Fracking forums.

Smash Journeyman
OK.. Its official! I will be able to make it sat. but wont the next sat.! I will get off at 2:30 so I may still have to forfiet my first match! BOO!

-Accepting money matches. I get paid woohoo!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
When I noticed you play Stuey, I noticed you use Y to shorthop laser, I suggest using X and tapping the side, it will help you short hop with almost every character in the game.

Can't believe I got ranked 5th, this Saturday you guys are going down. Mewtwo all day, seeing how mewtwo was the only character I won matches with. Ben, you got too lucky with my suicide in that last match.... VENGENCE WILL BE MINE!!!

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
OK.. Its official! I will be able to make it sat. but wont the next sat.! I will get off at 2:30 so I may still have to forfiet my first match! BOO!

-Accepting money matches. I get paid woohoo!
excelent.
you know, if you didnt have the winners bracket advantage i would have won that last tourny.

but i shouldnt wish ill on a fellow Durangin.

Ben, you got too lucky with my suicide in that last match.... VENGENCE WILL BE MINE!!!
**** right i did. after i killed myself at 0% i was atrocious. missen Lcancels and holding sheild next to you, begging for a Dsmash? if someone plays like that again(including me), spank them hard.

Marcus plays doc and its pretty good. And yah I think there is a paul but he is alpabravo.
wait. is marcus Kash? Kashnatickumi?

i was hopen to get some pratice time with thechs and ****.
/shrug.

i really gotta get myself a GC.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

did anyone read my post about the ranking system(s)?

Ari:
post more noob!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
ITS OVER FOUR HUNDERD!!!!!

ya, well, that was sort lame.

/shurg.

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
Why don't you guys just do it like everyone else's state? Put like 3 panelist and have people vote on what they think is the current ranking for you guys. Tournaments will only help to show your's and other's skills and you can base it off of that for the first ranking, then base the rest on further tourney results. Seriously, like Zenjamin said, this system puts on too much of a handicap on the higher ranked and is too much of a hassle to read/understand.

Zenjamin

Smash Lord
Why don't you guys just do it like everyone else's state? Put like 3 panelist and have people vote on what they think is the current ranking for you guys. Tournaments will only help to show your's and other's skills and you can base it off of that for the first ranking, then base the rest on further tourney results. Seriously, like Zenjamin said, this system puts on too much of a handicap on the higher ranked and is too much of a hassle to read/understand
because we are cooler then everyone else. thats why.

/shrug.

id be cool with it. but then it has the pontential to become political. albquere people want their people; DSC theirs; farmington theirs.
just seems like anything baised on opinion has the potential to cause drama.

i still think the challenge/zero sum system seems like it would be fun and fair.

PS. for those of you who dont know who SD is... he is the ****.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Ferdi, I thought you quit... and I agree, ranking system isn't as good, but having people vote is too popularity based. I want another mm btw

spiritdragon

Smash Ace
No I didn't quit. I said I'd quit like 3 times but this game and the smash scene as a whole just draws me back in every time. Also, the voting wouldn't be biased from popularity since most of it is actually from tournament results. Also, you have more than 1 panelist, so everything should be evened out easily.

Smash Journeyman
Brandon has internet access! Wow! call me *****, Ive been trying to get ahold of you. Spoox and my lil bro will be here next mon. thru fri.!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Alright man, answer your phone. I don't have the house number. ITs good you didn't quit Ferdi, your an amazing player, and I need to beat you to confirm success in becoming better then Denver! YEAH!

Anyways, FARMINGTON, Durango is not coming, there will be no official, meaning that the results can't go to ranking. If we decide the vote for the best crap, I definetly vote for Kenneth. Hes pwnzr, and only I can amount to his skillz.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
No car yet, and I guess I'll try to be at the Of Dep at 1:50, don't leave until like 10 after just in case plz, cuz I am gonna find a ride out there. Catch you guys in a bit.

bombshelboy

Smash Cadet
Why don't you guys just do it like everyone else's state? Put like 3 panelist and have people vote on what they think is the current ranking for you guys. Tournaments will only help to show your's and other's skills and you can base it off of that for the first ranking, then base the rest on further tourney results. Seriously, like Zenjamin said, this system puts on too much of a handicap on the higher ranked and is too much of a hassle to read/understand.
This system is inherently flawed in the fact that people can be bias'd....so f that.

My system keeps people in balance...good players will rise quickly, bad players will fall on their butts...it is a little complex, but its a good thing.

I'm gonna be posting the rankings in a couple mins so everyone can see how that works out...also I am putting DK 64 (Since people won't stop b-itching about this) for random and Corneria for counter-pick...but screw Green Greens for control via projectiles and screw Mute City for kills being canceled by the f-ing ground.

Finally...I don't post here alot because I don't frequent this forum...I like a couple others that I play with more.

Top Bottom