• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fancy Smash in Naperville, IL *UPDATED* July, 12th

iao

Smash Rookie
Oh, I'm using Marth. >_>

Question I asked earlier was if people play friendlies during doubles, or should I just show up an hour later for singles?

Edit: Oh, and how to change my main here. Like you have Sheik, I don't play Bowser, lols.

Sn1per

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I'm using Marth. >_>

Question I asked earlier was if people play friendlies during doubles, or should I just show up an hour later for singles?

Edit: Oh, and how to change my main here. Like you have Sheik, I don't play Bowser, lols.
Tourny matches first but if there are extra we can have some friendlies. IF we need your TV just stop your match mid way :)

thanks!

-Zec

iao

Smash Rookie
Thanks. :D So I can show up an hour later? And just sign in wherever?

Also, how is the venue? It looked iffy on the site.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
Quick question...

If I bring a wii, brawl, my laptop, and a gamebridge to play brawl on the laptop, will I still get the venue fee waved? >_>

Byronman

Smash Journeyman
Ok I am going to sound like a n00b for this but its been bother me for a while: this whole mm thing...what is it? and what is it short for?

chun1

Smash Apprentice
mm = money match

we definitely need setups for melee. if you can't bring a whole setup, just bring a copy of the game. i'm guessing after the tourny no one will want brawl friendlies.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Ok I am going to sound like a n00b for this but its been bother me for a while: this whole mm thing...what is it? and what is it short for?
you aren't a n00b, you are just new. Don't get down on your self.

mm = money match

we definitely need setups for melee. if you can't bring a whole setup, just bring a copy of the game. i'm guessing after the tourny no one will want brawl friendlies.
Hey Ray Chun! How is your gap apparel going for you?

Chun is right, as of now I believe the only melee set up is mine, and it appears that a lot of people want to play melee. for sure, bring setups for melee. TV's would be great too because usually people show up with just a console and a disc, no TV.

Rat

Smash Lord
I might come to this, I'm not sure I want to drive though. I might just show up to play some melee.

What's a good way to get there with public transportation. Or if someone wants to carpool that would be cool.

Rat

Smash Lord
Ok so it looks like i should be able to come. I don't have a copy of melee (it broke in half) so I can't bring it. I do have a wii + brawl. Someone bring an extra copy of melee so I can set-up my Wii for that.

Though it probably won't matter,
Please please please please don't allow Sudden Death.

edit:
I'm also accepting Yomi (password: daigo) MMs. I'll bring my 5 decks if you don't want to make one.

Rat

Smash Lord
Normally Sudden Death is turned off.

Why? Well I'm not exactly sure. If I had to say why

1) It can give the losing player a win
(ie You were at 150%+ damage and your opponent was at 0%)
2) Where the bombs fall is random.
3) It drastically changes gameplay
(No one does Sudden Death Tournaments.)

TheStig

Smash Lord
nice tourny Zec. I like pools. Are the results going to be uploaded onto AllisBrawl?

I have a lot of videos, and I think i have the losers finals and winners finals. i'll try to post them.

crazn137

Smash Journeyman
I know the next month is going to be melee, but what about after that? Will it still be brawl or will the rest of the tourneys be strictly melee?

metroid1117

Smash Master
That was a fun tourney. Good games to everyone I played; I learned a lot by playing so many different styles today.

@Rat: I'll figure out how to beat your Falco... someday >.>.

@Tink: Congratulations on getting 1st place. It was fun Ike dittoing you in pools; it's too bad we couldn't get in some friendlies.

@Other people I played: Sorry I don't know your names, but again, it was fun playing all of you. It was cool seeing who you guys are in real life, instead of relying on how you guys seem like online.

By the way, I was the Ike player :p.

EDIT: More shoutouts, now that I'm more awake.

@Zec: Thank you for hosting this tourney; it was great. The matches that we played were good.

@Zijin: My friends later told me that you were the Snake user (I hadn't known before); those matches were crazy fun.

Me14k

Smash Lord
Were you the Ike player in the red shirt?
He came in third place. He was the ike that *****.

D: GG's. Next time I won't be so cheap on you.
Vro: you are so good, you made my knee start to bleed. Tooo good.
Halfdemon: Team Monster Biscuit will always ****.
Ko-Kit: TMB.
Ray Chun: You improved a lot. Nice.

Any1 else I played in Melee, Good Games.

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
ah dang it why did i miss this... this was so close to me.. you should have posted this on allisbrawl.. :( oh well i guess i just need to check smash boards more often since this was pretty close to me.

paralasalud

Smash Ace
yes, tink got first.

he was my first match right out of pool. :(

whuddufuh man.

and THEN Les.

s'alright. at least stig and i were reppin jiggs.

Top Bottom