• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco Movelist Discussion. New*

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I guess this is mostly a bump, since this thread has potential, in my opinion.
Anyways, I think bair is one of the best of Falco's moves, and has virtually no weaknesses. The only one I can think of being that it can be shield-grabbed from a perfect shield (but everything can be perfect shield-grabbed, except silly medanite).
So post away, people, I want to see how this thread develops, and maybe get some new ideas!

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
^Thanks.

Personally I believe that the Bair is one of Falco's great surprise weapon. Extremely quick, solid hitting move that allows for aerial follow-ups along with KOs off the edge.
Ledge-dropping into a Bair and returning to mess up someone's recovery is also another great use for this move.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
You're welcome, B-Mon. I just think that this thread is a very neat idea.

As for the bair, I really can't think of any weaknesses, except what I said above and that it can be outprioritized by broken moves (Mach Twirl, Drill Twirl, and Turtle).

Blad01

Smash Lord
And of course, Bair has a very strong priority :D

SHFFBair are great, and difficult to punish. Down-throw to RAR (FF) Bair can be good, and catch airdodgers. But after a down-throw uou would usually prefer Nair, USmash or SH SHine.

Does Bair outpriorities (ôO) Illusions ?

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
NEXT UP: D-TILT

I really think this move is underated and has alot of potential when used in conjunction with other moves. For example: Jab>Dtilt>Shine.

D-tilt can set up for multiple Utilts aswell.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I think that this move is very situational, and is useful when your opponent is very close to you and you want to get them into the air. I do not use it often due to its low range, and that ftilt is faster. However, this move has very good combo potential, more so than the ftilt (although ftilt>laser lock is nice), because it pops the opponent upwards, and can be chained into a dair to send them back down, a uair to kill, or nair to rack up more damage. At 0% this leads directly into a grab, which is useful. So, overall this move is generally underrated, and has its uses, but its low range limits its potential.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
DOES ANYONE WANT TO HELP PEOPLE BY TELLING THEM WHAT THEY KNOW ABOUT FALCO's MOVES?
THIS CAN STOP NOOB THREADS ASKING WHICH MOVE IS BETTER. SERIOUSLY GUYS COME ON!

null55

Smash Master
D-tilt: nice surprise move. Dair, nair, laser, and a lot of things can string nicely after it at appropriate percents. I like to string it into a full hop spiked dair, which feels really good, but doesn't happen often.

F-air: really situation. Best applied off the stage and can gimp a lot of people when the last hit strikes, such as Wolf, Falco, Fox, and Ike (possibly others that I don't really know. Link, Ganon, and maybe Marth come to mind.) Otherwise, you have better options most of the time. Never short hop it, blah blah blah.

Blad01

Smash Lord
DTilt : Nice poke move :) And since Falco crouches, he can sometimes get out of the range of an attack (A from Snake by example). Can also begin a chaingrab or combo at low percents :)

Fair : Situationnal. FJ Fair is a great anti-aerial move, and can be followed by a silent laser.

I've the impression that Falco boards are dead :( Same goes for the Match-Up Thread...

Vlade

Social Outcast
I've the impression that Falco boards are dead :( Same goes for the Match-Up Thread...
Agreed.

Anyway because of Dtilt's small range its possibilities are limited, although if you do get the chance to use it, it is a nice move that just pops them into the air.

Ok the fair IMO is falco's worst move. If I ever use it (which is pretty much never), it is usually by accident when I'm trying to use falco's bair (e.g. mario's cape). The landing lag of this move is awful so it definitely should not be short-hopped. As for the use of fair, I guess edgeguarding with fair is its best option, but bair and dair are way better.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Don't use the fair, use nair/dair/bair instead, the fair is horrible. I can't think of a worse fair in the game right now, maybe there is, but Falco's is pretty bad.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for not helping out :( I'm a n00b Falco though, I really haven't felt like I can contribute much to any of these threads besides what I've read on these boards.

I've seen SK92 and Seth use Fair very occasionally, and only when full-hopped. It seems very situational - maybe if you're SK92 or Seth you'll see the right opportunities to use it because if you hit with all of it it can do a good bit of damage and stays out for a while... but if you're not, just stick with the better aerials.

J4pu

Smash Champion
In SlashTalon's first or second combo vid he had clips of him using Fair while facing the stage, off-stage in order to use the multiple hits to drag them toward and under the stage resulting in the final hit with ample knockback giving stage-spike possibilities.

_________O__->___STAGE
then
_________________STAGE
____________-O>
then
_________________STAGE
________________-O>
then
_________________STAGE
________________->

________________O

For clarification purposes because the wording was sloppy
-> = SlashTalon (arrow is which direction he was facing)
O=opponent
STAGE=Stage
_____ because the forums have problems with extra spaces

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
So I freshened up the place a bit.

Seeing some improvements.

Moving onto the next move soon guys.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I've found its greatest use is as a surprise move. If you find yourself on top of each other, they'll probably expect a dsmash or AAA or just a jump to get out of the way, but the dtilt is pretty fast and the range isn't an issue in that situation. Other than that, I find it pretty hard to apply.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
FAir is Falco's most situational move, and probably the move I throw out the least mainly because when I do my opponents won't expect it. When I do friendlies with my roommate's Lucario, I like to FAir chase off the edge (probably the best utility for it) and it usually puts him too far to recovery, leaving me barely enough distance for a firebird. Its ledge-game potential isn't bad either. Short hop a rising FAir on a recovering opponent who isn't going for the ledge (do not fast fall it) and it'll give them something they can't airdodge.

Since most of Falco's moves don't stay out for a long time excluding a couple (jab for one) people might try and shield grab you to no avail. FAir is completly situational.

I don't see much coming from the dtilt other than a set up move. I've used it to set up for rising Nairs or into an utilt to other things at lower percents. But at the higher percents, there's just not much use for it other than switching up your approaches and combos. Feel free to disagree with me.

B-Mon

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys know that the Bair has 3 seperate hitboxes?

Anyways a little more info on the Fair and then a new move will be up for dissection.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I Jab to Dtilt once the CG isn't a possibility anymore, it sorta sets up for stuff at those percents and it shield pokes at a decent point.

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
Awesome, The DAIR!
Personally, I use it all the time. I use it after chaingrab (duh), when people recover, and to keep them on the ground. It can be extremely effective against characters with more predictable recovery's, such as DK or Pikachu's Side-B. Also, I use it against characters with a better air game, such as Marth, to keep them on the ground, where I can use jabs and tilts effectively.
I'd also like to see what everyone else says about this move, so don't let the thread die!

ftl

Smash Journeyman
Dair... sh dair is a fun approach, but shdl is a better make-them-approach. :/

Dair's pretty all-purpose.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
Th-The... DAIR YOU SAY??!? I use the DAIR!!! pretty much when my opponent is off the level and they think I'm going to spike them but I usualy just do Bair to kill them easier or sometimes I just like to Spike them from the top of the level if they aren't carefull... You can't handle the awesomeness of teh DAIR!!!
Summary: DAIR!! is a solid and fast Spike = Ownage
Also an awesome finisher for Chaingrab and low percentage kills also... an awesome approach.

P.S When I spike someone I usually like to Short Hop like an idiot and spam Dair on the ground...

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Th-The... DAIR YOU SAY??!? I use the DAIR!!! pretty much when my opponent is off the level and they think I'm going to spike them but I usualy just do Bair to kill them easier or sometimes I just like to Spike them from the top of the level if they aren't carefull... You can't handle the awesomeness of teh DAIR!!!
Summary: DAIR!! is a solid and fast Spike = Ownage
Also an awesome finisher for Chaingrab and low percentage kills also... an awesome approach.

P.S When I spike someone I usually like to Short Hop like an idiot and spam Dair on the ground...
its only an awesome approach if you sweetspot it i think. or else they can shield grab you after.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I like to catch my opponent off guard by using Dair at high percents to bounce them off the ground before following up with say an Uair to finish them off. Either way Dair has so many uses as a damage racker, combo finisher/starter, killer etc. It blatantly releases the essence of bread when it sweetspots...

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
As good as the Dair is, I find it slightly overrated. It's great out of the CG, and SHing it is pretty good against an approaching opponent. The hit box is a little small, though, and I think Ftilt and Nair are better spacing tools. It's not a bad move by any means, it's just not as useful as many people say.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Tier List of Falcos Moves

Laser
Dthrow
Dair
Jab
Phantasm

HIGH
Bair
Upsmash
Nair
Dash Attack
Dsmash
Fsmash

MID
Reflector
Utilt
Ftilt

---large gap----- (this seperates falcos "good" moves and "bad" moves. also all the moves below are very situational and usually there are better moves to do then these.

Bthrow
Fthrow

BOTTOM
Uair
Dtilt
Fair
Uthrow
Firebird

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Hmm I disagree with your placement of Bthrow and Dtilt. Bthrow can be a great move for racking up dmg when you throw them behind and follow up with several full hop lasers. Dtilt can also be surprisingly effective as it has good range and can launch them a decent way into the air where Falco enjoys being. Thar's my 2 cents =\.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
I moved bthrow a bit up, but dtilt is gonna stay. theres always a better option then dtilt (its NEVER used also), and upair is extremely good for baiting and juggling (if they airdodge your uair you can just bair)

should i make the tier list a thread or just keep it here?

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
ftilt is high enough. reflector is too good, an anti tornado attack, and can reflect projectiles and get you out of some jab combos, and can trip

Utilt will always win you a spotdodge war.basically if your opponent spotdodge or airdodges alot, use this move. also if you dair, you can do this right after, and utilt is also good under platforms.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
updated the tier list a little. should i make it a thread?

ftilt is a great spacing move, but it tends to get shielded alot IMO

Top Bottom