• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Falco: Approaches and Combos/Strings

BlueBirdE

Smash Journeyman
Ive been busy for awhile I haven't much of my research on this character only scratched the surface honestly. I figure the best thing to do is share what i have and some of you guys may be able to help me out. Here is it below starting with falcon

Captain falcon:
0% for now. Dthrow to all of neautral air to regrab
0-12%Dthrow up smash: 21% Follow up with another grab or up tilt, can link an up tilt (2 from 0-6% possible)
0-32% Dthrow wait for them to bounce onthe ground then 3 ftilts. follw up grab 3 hits up throw 2 up airs or back part ofup air to bair 65-70% damage. RESET after 3 ftilts short hop nair for last hit andfollow upwith 3 lasers regrab to up throw 2 uairs or uair bair 80%
0% for now Close dtilt to far away dtilt. 23%. Options regrab for u throw up air to back air
0% for now Side b into laser for laser lock
0-8% Dthrow strong dash attack up tilit: 22%
0-13% Strong dash attack into up tilt
Weak dash attack into laser:9% Regrab for down throw up smash, can follow up with tilit afterwards
Weak dash attack to 3 ftilts: 0-33%, then regrab up throw then up air bair or 2 up airs 65%
0-20% more reliable: Weak dash attack into laser for laser lock: Follow up with either dthrow to u smash orstrong dash attack up tilt (dependon percent rate)
28-35% more reliable: last hit of n-air to laser. Uthrow u-air u-air follow up
0-12% dilt -> up angles ftilt, follow up for 0% hit confirm jab combo, if ftilt follow up with closer double utilt
13-27% dtiltfollowup with sh n-air after wards not all n-air hits will connect, can mindgame with this and follow up with utilt or grab after ward
23%f-air: try laser
38% fthrow crumbles try laser
KILL COMBO
around 80% Hit side b for 2 uairs off the top OR Back part of u tilt for double uair
Up throw up air kill percents 102-129% timing changes the higher percents. Personally I full hop then 2nd jump uair at the same time. As percent builds let the full hop reach the peak. After about 126% utilize the 2nd jump to reach the target faster dont uair at the same time with it.

There's still more to work with falcon as you can see i said try laser etc. but this will do. A lot of these setups that work on falcon work on other characters and some don't. Currently Im working on rob, fox (good one), robin, and megaman. From my own opinion i feel this character can be a hard counterpick for certain type of characters, specifically zoners ( i like to compare how young link is used for specific characters in melee). Not only for the reflector but also that up throw up air kill grab does work on them. Time will only tell how this develops but for right now in my region i will be using falco along with luigi and see the results. I will still be posting videos, i have accomplished these combos on good players so a visual would be nice to see.

Last edited by a moderator:

B_Rocka

Smash Rookie
Falco is definatly a good pick, going into paragon as a Ganondorf main, i was doing alright, but eventually had to counterpick a few times to Falco. I destroyed as Falco and actually won my first match with him, safe to say, Falco is my new main.(destroyed, AKA actually doing good)

Sry Ganon ;_;

What people really didnt expect of course was the fair edge guards, people busy near the bottom killbox just minding their own business unaware that i was fastfalling a fair on them. feelsgoodman.jpg

Last edited:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
Doesn't seem like very many people use Falco's nair. Its a quick get off of me move and if fast falled correctly can lead to a grab, jab combo, or a smash attack at time. Its definitely not something you want to use to approach (you'll get punished if blocked and it doesn't really cover people below you), but if you get it while someone's on the ground then keep this stuff in mind. You just have to remember to use it carefully.

Approach wise though, what I do is lots of d-tilts and some jab pokes mostly. You don't want to play rushdown with falco. Just shoot 1 or 2 lasers when you have the chance, relax, and kind of keep your opponent at bay until you can figure out what tool is best for the job. You just wait for mistakes, and make your opponent respect your space

-Opponent in the air? Fast falled Uairs and Uptilts (lots of up tilts) are great. While bair is one of falco's greatest moves, its a kind of iffy poke imo. You have to space it correctly against a shielding opponent and it doesn't push you away like captain falcon's bair for example. Usually only do it as a scare tactic or when you know its going to work. Incorrectly doing this can lead to a free punish. DON'T use this against Mario, Luigi, or Doc's up smash. Dair on stage only when your opponent is below you and you know they are open. Too much lag on this move as well.

-Dash attack has a lot of lag. Only do it on roll reads, saving your partner in 2v2s, and when people are off stage, but are close to the edge (if thats the only option you have to attack).

-Reflector should never be spammed. I am against using it period unless its against projectiles, but in certain combos it can be great.

Last edited:

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
I found that back air is a strong option to keep pressure and enemies away, if you sh and imediately bair you can hit characters size like Mario (but you have to throw the b air as soon as you sh or else the hitbox will be to high to hit) and even win trading hits, i gotten a lot of kill sh bair out of shield, it comes out so fast and it has no landing lag, its really safe, and its good for edguarding too, a good way to use it is dash pivot sh into bair, and down throw into dash pivot sh bair at 30%~50% is really good combo too.

Last edited:

gameplayzero

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RetroBlaze
I found that back air is a strong option to keep pressure and enemies away, if you sh and imediately bair you cant hit characters like Mario and even win trading hits, i gotten a lot of kill sh bair out of shield, it comes out so fast and it has no landing lag, its really safe and its good for edguarding too, a good way to use it is dash pivot sh into bair, and down throw into dash pivot sh bair at 30%~50% is really good combo too.
its definitely something you want to throw out and use constantly in your arsenal as its easily one of falco's greatest killing tools. You just need to space it properly in order for you not to get grabbed on shield. Dash reverse bair is an amazing (and satisfying) way to kill since its unexpected. Its a fantastic edge guard tool I agree. If someone's off the stage you just grab the ledge, go below, and full jump bair opponents if they are pretty far from the stage (like in melee). if you go immediately after them they will air dodge. This mixes things up.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Dose the
its really really dependent on the opponents DI and i can usually only land a single Bair.

i find myself doing D-throw > SH Fair > regrab > D-throw > UpSmash/RAR SHBair since its easier to pull off and isn't as dependent on your opponents DI
does this "chaingrab" combos? Or is it just a reset? Also what does RAR mean? I imagine it could work in fast fallers like ganon, but does it work on characters like mario or diddy?

Yeah on fastfallers like c.falco and fox a really good kill combo (depends on DI and %) is up throw to bair, i think it was mentiones before on this thred but anyways, i find myself killing with this at +100% wenever im playing a Heavy/fastfaller character.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Dose the

does this "chaingrab" combos? Or is it just a reset? Also what does RAR mean? I imagine it could work in fast fallers like ganon, but does it work on characters like mario or diddy?

Yeah on fastfallers like c.falco and fox a really good kill combo (depends on DI and %) is up throw to bair, i think it was mentiones before on this thred but anyways, i find myself killing with this at +100% wenever im playing a Heavy/fastfaller character.
I think it's a reset since it causes hitstun and allows you to grab your opponent again. As for RAR, it stands for "reverse aerial rush". In Brawl, it was common for Wolf players to RAR his Bair. In this and in Brawl, Ike used his Bair like that as well. Link to Smashwiki's article on it: http://www.ssbwiki.com/Reverse_aerial_rush.

For a true combo on a similar combo where you D-throw to Bair: check out this from this thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/d-throw-to-back-air.387302/.
Im sure everyone here after D throw uses Upsmash or nair...but i was testing the best option kills or just the best attack at high%

ON characters like c.falcon(heavy)
D throw--> Run turn jump Bair, this is a true combo and it works after 30% to 83% even can kill near the edge.

ON characters like ness(middleweight)
The same combo but with a maximum of 63-66%

ON characters like kirby(light)
Same combo but at 56-60%, max

ON super heavys like bowser, ddd lol it works 88-93%

And D throw after 100% to aprox 200% u can just full hop and shot a laser! Or 3 haha It ever hits;3 lol a true combos

Something good too. ..at 0% if u d throw a fast fall char or heavy and they dont jump or tech shot. 3 láser to laser lock him then Run grab and feel free to follow up with another attackc:

If someone before posts it im sorry if.not...try it and máster it!

Last edited:

Kamikazu

Smash Rookie
This is Great stuff guys, :roll:

Falco main here:

Approach is really dependent on fighting style of opponent, how readable/predictable their style is, and how far into the match you are. An approach that may have worked at full stock 0% may not work at last stock 0% because opponent is used to it and so conditioning the opponent to react to you is really important.

Furthermore I would try to approach with fast killing moves at higher % (Bair, Dtilt) or if read-able Fsmash at later %.

Before talking about my approach i would like to talk about neutral game because i feel its so integral to approaching that it needs to be discussed more in this thread... so briefly:

What is neutral game~?
There are a few responses to this question:

A quick Google search finds that the forums on Reddit/smash bros say...
1. Neither player has a positive advantage over the other.
2. Both players are looking to approach or looking to deal with an incoming approach.
3. When both players are on the platform and are not being hit-stunned/ combo'ed

Falco has an amazing neutral Game.
Why? In my opinion, his Specials:
  • -Lasers
  • -Phantasm
  • -Reflector
  • and...
  • -His fast fall.
The point of leaving neutral game and approaching is intrinsically linked since a great deal of the time can be just that, entering and leaving neutral game. Lasers can be used to harass at a safe range in the air or on the ground as well as a safe follow up after knock-back at higher percents and a possible gimp during edge game. Phantasm can be safe to approach with from certain distances (I.e. a distance that allows a hit on the opponent and a safe distance remains from you and the opponent at the end of the phantasm). Reflector can keep an aggressive opponent off you in a bunch of different situations where the opponent may be approaching
Lastly as with other characters in the game he has a faster fast fall speed (correct me if I am wrong here) than most other characters. This fast fall speed allows him to short hop > Fast fall in neutral game to bait a move and be there in the same spot lying in wait with a tilt, Smash etc for the opponent to accidentally Directional influence (DI) or roll towards him for example.

I am trying to work on approaching with a shield cancelled dash and then out of shield (OOS) tilts (up, down or angled forward tilts) I have found this is pretty safe and rewarding approach style, If shield is read then a grab is safe at this point and often i find myself running in for a dash or pivot grab on an opponent after I have begun to approach.

Later on I try to mix in some SH Bairs or OOS Bairs (at higher percents (70%+) but i find this technique a little difficult for my current mechanical level with the Gamecube controller but I am sure it will come soon.
In some situations I play silly buggars and often like to Fair approach or phantasm to approach and catch opponent off guard but said moves are not advised as they are just too risky for competitive play when used from the neutral game in my opinion.

My understanding of the approach is a work-in-progress and I will endeavour to learn more about how i should and shouldn't do it, more to come soon.

Also Hello everyone. O/ :bee:

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
Dose the

as Ffamran said, its more of a reset than a combo. I find it harder to do on characters like Fox who fall abnormally fast but its still doable depending on their DI. For Fox/Diddy I would rather do D-throw > Usmash > Utilt since its a little more reliable

Last edited:

I Am Normal (IAN)

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chalz25
3DS FC
2466-1591-2815
Yesterday in training mode I found that an upthrow can follow up into the back part of nair in a full hop. At I believe 30% on heavy characters, back hit of nair can follow up with an immediate bair or uair, which can follow up into another bair.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yesterday in training mode I found that an upthrow can follow up into the back part of nair in a full hop. At I believe 30% on heavy characters, back hit of nair can follow up with an immediate bair or uair, which can follow up into another bair.
I think @ Berserker. Berserker. mentioned that hitting with the back of Nair means all the hits will connect or something, but this was mention on the Zelda Social thread.

Edit: Found it.
Wow. You can combo Falco's b-air or f-air off his d-throw. N-air also can combo off from d-throw. Facing backwards with n-air will get all the hits to connect for some reason unlike using it forward. Also, you can get b-air, and f-air off from u-air. I managed to get u-air off from u-throw but it's a bit too difficult to execute anyway and it's probably avoidable by DI. Anyway, neat stuff. I guess.

I tried to use Rosalina for quite a while but dropped her because her style felt too slow for me. The only character I've yet to try is Dark Pit

Last edited:
You can follow up a lot of moves from d-throw. U-throw -> U-air's the most damaging throw combo iirc. I think u-air to b-air is a thing too

Kamikazu

Smash Rookie
You can follow up a lot of moves from d-throw. U-throw -> U-air's the most damaging throw combo iirc. I think u-air to b-air is a thing too
Up-Throw to Up-Air is something i do quite a lot. Easy to pull off till around 45%

LightLV

Smash Ace
Been playing a few matches. I was feeling pretty confident with my ability to control space with Falco until i played someone with alot more range than me, and a player who spaces 100x better than me. Alot of the tools i use to stuff out approaches (Ftilt, reflector, jab) become alot less powerful here.

In these sorts of situations, i find that Nair is somewhat of a secret weapon in many situations, at least in terms of gaining a bit of control back. It catches alot of things Bair is too fast to, or Fair is too narrow and risky to. Of course, it's nowhere close to as good as a sex kick and unfavorably trades with all of them. But on a clean hit, best case you can get carry to the ground and a grab, worse case you get them off the ledge.

Falco's laser is also really really bad, against anyone who knows just how bad it really is. I throw it in only for pressure and the occasional extra ledge damage, but against more speedy characters i've had nearly 70% of the stage covered and gotten punished on hit.

Two tools i'm trying to make better use of now are Falco's up-angled Ftilt. It's pretty fast and stuffs out alot of stuff on this game, but i need to experiment more to see if it can catch people trying to use aerial fadeaways. Fair remains my strongest edgeguard tool with falco, its hitboxes are amazing and almost braindead to use off the ledge. I've been trying to make better use of phantasm, but wiffing it is really, really bad.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I believe this belongs here. A YouTuber named Muramishi made a Combo Exhibition. Some of these might only work on fastfallers, but they're all neat like the Dtilt (x3) to Reflector. Muramishi does make a disclaimer that they might not work if the opponent DIs by the way.

Last edited:
D-tilt > F-air is combo. You need to land the 12% hitbox of d-tilt though. Works at 27% against Mario

Legato

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LLegato
Hey all,

Falco main here, and I can confirm dtilt->fair works on all med-heavy weight characters as a true combo. Lucina etc are at around 30% using a full hop. Heavier characters require a short hop typically, also you can use the vacuum of fair to position your opponent if you fast fall as you hit them (I have only had success with the short hop-fair version). I have dtilt->faired a jiggly before, but it may have been bad DI. I'll need more testing for that. The combo typically stops at 50% for almost all chars.

I believe nair->uptilt true combos (can anyone confirm?), I've seen it in videos, but it is so risky and situational since nair isn't the best option for neutral approaches on a grounded opponent.

I have also juggled using sh->phantasm at low percents on heavier characters but once more is a one-trick pony (the swag though).

I can also confirm that dair->dair true combos at 80% on med-weight chars as a kill at the end of the stage if you cancel the first dair. That combo is ridiculously hard to hit though. Awesome swag and lols if you get it tho. Also note, the hit stun of dair at 70+ %s is very high and makes the move a lot safer to use if spaced well.

phantasm->bair also works if you hit with the end of phantasm, can punish edge guarding sometimes if you get it (not very useful though as opponent has ample time to react).

Happy hunting guys!

ViRuSy

Smash Cadet
NNID
zvirusz
3DS FC
4897-6866-1159
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a great bread and butter combo is dthrow-reverse aireal rush (dash,turn around,jump) bair. Easy 18% and it can kill pretty nicely. Some fastfallers (I can confirm MK and Fox) can DI out of it though. They would have to DI down and away, which can still leave them vulnerable to dash attack, lasers, and at high percents to short hop reflector.

A tricky but useful approach is reverse up air. Decent cooldown, safe on shield, combo/shield pressure set up. If the opponent blocks it, I prefer to ftilt right way to add more (safe) pressure.

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but a great bread and butter combo is dthrow-reverse aireal rush (dash,turn around,jump) bair. Easy 18% and it can kill pretty nicely. Some fastfallers (I can confirm MK and Fox) can DI out of it though. They would have to DI down and away, which can still leave them vulnerable to dash attack, lasers, and at high percents to short hop reflector.

A tricky but useful approach is reverse up air. Decent cooldown, safe on shield, combo/shield pressure set up. If the opponent blocks it, I prefer to ftilt right way to add more (safe) pressure.
I love this combo, it has been mentioned before, at low % you can even follow it up by a grab or dash atack, lots of damage right there, and for the up air aproach i prefere not duing the reversal hop you cover more front range this way, but doing reversal hop with bair is really good, on tall characters is really easy to hit, i have killed many this way.

But you shoudent be agresive all the time, falco is really good countering short hop pressure, try to read when opponent is gonna go for a short hop and bair, uair, or nair them, uair is great combo starter, nair comes out fast and basically hits all around you and bair its strong kill move, i ones killed a megaman at 100% with an sh up air into sh bair, i hitted him with the souer spot of upair so it didnt knocked him back to much allowing me to follow with the bair i think it comboed.

ViRuSy

Smash Cadet
NNID
zvirusz
3DS FC
4897-6866-1159
[...] i hitted him with the souer spot of upair so it didnt knocked him back to much allowing me to follow with the bair i think it comboed.
Yeah, that awkward sourspot of up air actually has some hitstun that combos at higher %. Crazy how all 3 different hitboxes of up air are good in a way (1. in front of Falco, 2. behind/above him, 3. On his body [sourspot] )

Last edited:

LightLV

Smash Ace
A depressing fact I noticed in a few casual local matches down here. Unsurprisingly, Luigi can actually NAir out of Falco's Dthrow combos, even at low percents.

Here are some more tips i can give people that i've noticed perform well against opponents:

- Get comfortable with Reflector. Like laser it's very unsafe on block, but also like the laser you can framefake some people for decent damage, but most importantly you can severely break their momentum. If you knock them on their ass, that puts you in an even better position. Best of all, against people who have strong Nair approaches, this is an easy snuff-out against it, since you retain aerial movement and can slightly fade away its recovery.

- In fact, since all of Falco's B moves suck, the best use I can find for them is momentum breaking your opponent. Something as simple as making your opponent second-guess what he can and can't get away with is enough to open them up for alot of stuff on this game.

- Abuse Falco's Jab, abuse abuse it, can't say this enough. Falco's Jab clashes with alot of silly things, including projectiles and characters with melee weapons. The catch is that it's extremely fast and has decent range, so in some cases ive tried to get into the habit of simply jab-clashing things I know are coming instead of shielding them, allowing for a better approach. It's a work in progress, but next time i play casuals i'm going to experiment more with it.

Edgeguarding remains my weakpoint with falco, but i'm working on that too.

Zionaze

Smash Ace
D-throw combos have to be studied a lot. Many combos that we've found may work on characters like Fox but may not work on Jigglypuff viceversa. However the safest D-throw combo is definitely D-throw to Dash attack. That's been Falco's bread and butter combo since the games release.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
A depressing fact I noticed in a few casual local matches down here. Unsurprisingly, Luigi can actually NAir out of Falco's Dthrow combos, even at low percents.

Here are some more tips i can give people that i've noticed perform well against opponents:

- Get comfortable with Reflector. Like laser it's very unsafe on block, but also like the laser you can framefake some people for decent damage, but most importantly you can severely break their momentum. If you knock them on their ***, that puts you in an even better position. Best of all, against people who have strong Nair approaches, this is an easy snuff-out against it, since you retain aerial movement and can slightly fade away its recovery.

- In fact, since all of Falco's B moves suck, the best use I can find for them is momentum breaking your opponent. Something as simple as making your opponent second-guess what he can and can't get away with is enough to open them up for alot of stuff on this game.

- Abuse Falco's Jab, abuse abuse it, can't say this enough. Falco's Jab clashes with alot of silly things, including projectiles and characters with melee weapons. The catch is that it's extremely fast and has decent range, so in some cases ive tried to get into the habit of simply jab-clashing things I know are coming instead of shielding them, allowing for a better approach. It's a work in progress, but next time i play casuals i'm going to experiment more with it.

Edgeguarding remains my weakpoint with falco, but i'm working on that too.
Luigi, Yoshi, and a couple of other characters can Nair out of Falco's D-throw combos; they have frame 3-4 Nairs. Falco might not be able to Nair his way out of another Falco's D-throw combo because of Falco's poor air speed. Characters like Ganondorf, Charizard, DK, and Bowser, however, are easy picking because of their large hurtboxes.

As for edgeguarding, you could try using Captain Falcon and Ganondorf since they and Falco share the same Dair speed at frame 16. That's just for Dair practices. As for Fair, it's a timing thing as well, but Bair stage spikes are awesome especially if you see a character who can wall cling hang onto the side of the stage for some reason. They are sitting ducks for Bair stage spikes. As for Uair, I think you can do the same thing the Capt., Ganondorf, Luigi, Mario, Dr. Mario, and perhaps Yoshi by running off the ledge and using Uair. It'll cover in front of them and to the ledge.

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I've noticed not a lot of people using this method of edgeguarding. At the edge ranging from 0~40% D-throw into Fair into Fair will land if they don't mash their 2nd jump out and will gimp almost every character who doesn't have a decent recovery option. If you use this game 1 they WILL mash out the next time you do this so you can trick them by using D-throw > Fair > Uair. Mixing these 2 up just may give you an early kill.

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
I found an interesting approach. You'll need the right spacing for this. SH Phantasm, you should then be behind the opponent. Opponent might think they can punish you, so they will try to capitalize, right after landing throw out a F-Tilt. Works really well in my opinion! And it doesn't always have to be F-Tilt, it can depend from the situation. Phantasm is safe on shield, provided the right spacing is measured. Very flexible!

I think @ Berserker. Berserker. mentioned that hitting with the back of Nair means all the hits will connect or something, but this was mention on the Zelda Social thread.

Edit: Found it.
This reminds me. What do you think of a RAR Nair approach, while DI-ing behind the opponent?

I've noticed not a lot of people using this method of edgeguarding. At the edge ranging from 0~40% D-throw into Fair into Fair will land if they don't mash their 2nd jump out and will gimp almost every character who doesn't have a decent recovery option. If you use this game 1 they WILL mash out the next time you do this so you can trick them by using D-throw > Fair > Uair. Mixing these 2 up just may give you an early kill.
Fair into Fair offstage is so satisfying!

Zionaze

Smash Ace
I see many people saying that Falcos too slow but using SH phantasm allows you to effectively chase the opponent with enough time for followups. Using phantasm will cover more distance faster than Falcos "slow" running speed

ArhyLis

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AstralRaptor
3DS FC
5069-4138-6092
I see many people saying that Falcos too slow but using SH phantasm allows you to effectively chase the opponent with enough time for followups. Using phantasm will cover more distance faster than Falcos "slow" running speed
I agree, just takes proper timing and spacing. Sometimes I feel people underestimate Falco's speed. Seriously, his ground movement is mediocre imo, where his air speed is practically immovable (For some odd reason... because bird). Something I feel many people underestimated is Falco's attack speed. They are quick; I saw his frame data, and overall his moves come out faster than Yoshi's. yet I hear people saying things about the end lag. I have a video where I took the last stock from a friend with some phantasm stuff. Unfortunately I don't have anything to record with... If it helps, I like to think of Falco like a Samurai.

Ayeyomidget

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thomas.P6
3DS FC
2638-2639-0690
We can share here all our approach strategies or the combos/strings we have found. Let me start with this:

In terms of approach: Airdodge to the ground is no longer an option because the lag it has when you land on the stage. I think dash attack can punish a lot of things and has good range but be careful, in this game shield is so good and if we dash attack they can shieldgrab us easy. I dont know good way to get a grab since the range is garbage. Well spaced BAir can be a good approach too. Also jab is very good, you can use it for punishing dodges and similar.

Combos/strings:
DThrow -> dash attack/nair
UThrow -> UAir/BAir
At edge -> BThrow enemy out of the stage -> gimp with BAir or FAir
Hey here is another one:
down throw ->SH DAIR ->Ftilt jab lock-> up smash /down smash for more damage
Deals 44% I'm not shure if it's inescapable. This combo works on diddy Kong and should on everyone heavier (I have not tested this on everyone)
I know it works on kirby so it should work on a good portion of the cast
requires decent tech skill

Very nice recopilation, bro!

This is very nice, if we land this we get a lot of damage. If they DI away we get less damage but we are forcing them to DI and we can use to do reads and stuff, nice discover mate!

Should we start Jiggs MU thread? Just tell me and I add the post :p
We can share here all our approach strategies or the combos/strings we have found. Let me start with this:

In terms of approach: Airdodge to the ground is no longer an option because the lag it has when you land on the stage. I think dash attack can punish a lot of things and has good range but be careful, in this game shield is so good and if we dash attack they can shieldgrab us easy. I dont know good way to get a grab since the range is garbage. Well spaced BAir can be a good approach too. Also jab is very good, you can use it for punishing dodges and similar.

Combos/strings:
UThrow -> UAir/BAir

Combos/strings:
UThrow -> UAir/BAir
Try down throw SH DAIR ftilt to do a jablock into down smash/ up smash/ forward smash

Ayeyomidget

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thomas.P6
3DS FC
2638-2639-0690
Try down throw SH DAIR ftilt to do a jablock into down smash/ up smash/ forward smash
U can do all of the smashes afterward however I recommend up / down smash because with the time u have to charge it they both do about 17 %however if u do up smash it leads in to a bair/ fair

your gunna need to cancel that D-air to be able to F-tilt them
EDIT: NVM you have enough time to F-tilt and smash at the end, my bad.
No problem just try it on a fatty like donkey kong it works everytime at 0%

To see the combo go to YouTube and type FALCO COMBO IN SMASH 4. My YouTube channel is Falco 6

U can do two Ftilt jab locks to put the combo at about 53%

here is the combo first put http:// and then put youtu.be/y59qhqMLh0Q that will be the combo

LightLV

Smash Ace
Luigi, Yoshi, and a couple of other characters can Nair out of Falco's D-throw combos; they have frame 3-4 Nairs. Falco might not be able to Nair his way out of another Falco's D-throw combo because of Falco's poor air speed. Characters like Ganondorf, Charizard, DK, and Bowser, however, are easy picking because of their large hurtboxes.

As for edgeguarding, you could try using Captain Falcon and Ganondorf since they and Falco share the same Dair speed at frame 16. That's just for Dair practices. As for Fair, it's a timing thing as well, but Bair stage spikes are awesome especially if you see a character who can wall cling hang onto the side of the stage for some reason. They are sitting ducks for Bair stage spikes. As for Uair, I think you can do the same thing the Capt., Ganondorf, Luigi, Mario, Dr. Mario, and perhaps Yoshi by running off the ledge and using Uair. It'll cover in front of them and to the ledge.
It's worth looking into. My problem with Falco's Dair isn't its speed, it's its hitbox. Gannondorf's Dair has a much better hitbox and thus is much easier to land than Falco's. In fact it feels like everybody with a spike Dair has a better hitbox than Falco's. But my word isn't worth much, I never go for the spike.

My most effective edgeguard is actually Fair because of its lenient hitbox. I'm terrible with Bair, so i only do it if i'm feeling safe with it. SH Phantasm only works if they lose their first jump, but most characters can even still UpB to saftey at high percents.

I'm going to try and see how turnaround > Fair works towards opponents trying to ledgegrab. It has a long animation and alot of active frames, which may be able to exploit ledge vulnerability in this game.

Last edited:

Ayeyomidget

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thomas.P6
3DS FC
2638-2639-0690
Hey here is another one:
down throw ->SH DAIR ->Ftilt jab lock-> up smash /down smash for more damage
Deals 44% I'm not shure if it's inescapable. This combo works on diddy Kong and should on everyone heavier (I have not tested this on everyone)
I know it works on kirby so it should work on a good portion of the cast
requires decent tech skill

Last edited:

Zionaze

Smash Ace
multi posting is posting one post one after another without interval. If you have something to add on you can edit your previous response and write it in there.

Ayeyomidget

Smash Rookie
NNID
Thomas.P6
3DS FC
2638-2639-0690
Thank you I under stand that it's just that my iPod lags so when I hit post reply sometimes it dosent say it posed when in reality it has been posted

If enyone want to play my FC is
2638-2639-0690

Top Bottom