• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
It's cheaper than what you'd normally get for a DLC fighting game character, which usually cost around $5 a pop. You can say that those characters aren't worth that much to you personally, but you can't really call it outrageous in the context of the current video game industry.
100% agree. DLC characters are anywhere from $4-5 EACH. That's the standard these days. $10 for the rest of the characters would be a steal. Bringing the total of the game from $39.99 to $49.99, which is $10 less than the Wii U version which is $59.99. It's fair that the Wii U would get free bonus characters. Also, hey guys, have you forgotten..

AMIIBOS ARE $12.99 EACH - That's worse than DLC in my opinion.

Any argument from now on that states DLCs are a bad business model for Nintendo needs only to look at Amiibos.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I can't believe of one of the big 3 is dead :( (King k rool)

please sakurai to make mewtwo a future patch release or dlc i beg of you

Last edited:

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if Mewtwo is even so much as a trophy in the 3ds version? It's weird that there's no signs or mention of him AT ALL yet.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Just a reminder that the negative reception Mewtwo had will forever haunt the character. People can beg all they want, but being viewed as a mistake from the producers is what will ultimately seal it's fate

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just a reminder that the negative reception Mewtwo had will forever haunt the character. People can beg all they want, but being viewed as a mistake from the producers is what will ultimately seal it's fate
What negative reception? How was he viewed as a mistake?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
That doesn't discount ALL the reasons why he should still be in the game. Also, if Dr. Mario can make it back it, Mewtwo can. You're telling me there's more demand for Dr. Mario than Mewtwo?

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
What negative reception? How was he viewed as a mistake?
Lot of fans hated Mewtwo for being garbage, to the point where there were petitions begging for Mewtwo to be cut.

Needless to say people got their wish, and now Mewtwo isn't returning anytime soon. The hard truth is especially aparent this time around with Mewtwo being overlooked despite the massive outcry for his return.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Lot of fans hated Mewtwo for being garbage, to the point where there were petitions begging for Mewtwo to be cut.

Needless to say people got their wish, and now Mewtwo isn't returning anytime soon. The hard truth is especially aparent this time around with Mewtwo being overlooked despite the massive outcry for his return.
Who the **** petitions characters to be cut?
Cutting characters because their garbage is ridiculous. Kirby was total **** in Melee, I guess we should have petitioned for him to be cut in Brawl.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace

Remember how Meta-knight nearly single handedly ruined Smash Brawl.

Notice how he has come back for Smash 4?

Balance doesn't determine roster inclusion.

Plain Yogurt

Smash Ace
I have to believe he'll be DLC if only for 1 reason: How would he NOT be in a Master ball?! Like, I think he'd be one of the first Master ball Pokemon I'd show off. But he's not. So I think it's still possible.

Winchester7314

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Tough loss for the fans. Personally I would have loved to see Mewtwo with a reworked moveset, and Mega Mewtwo X as the Final Smash.

Don't get your hopes up guys, I'm not getting mine at this point. It'll just lead to disaster.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
[rant]

You know what makes me mad. Looking back in these forums, all the obligatory "Pokemon can't have as many reps cause Mario"

Mario now has 10 character slots! 10!!! Where are the complaints about over saturation now? How come these guys are so eager to bring their logic why do they not open their gobs when it come to the Mario franchise?

I'm pissed off because I feel it's stupid logic like this is why Mewtwo has stopped being included, screw him being one of the most unique characters both gameplay and personality wise, We got arbitrary boxes to check in!

[/rant]

T-Hell

Smash Lord
That doesn't discount ALL the reasons why he should still be in the game. Also, if Dr. Mario can make it back it, Mewtwo can. You're telling me there's more demand for Dr. Mario than Mewtwo?
Sakurai has no ****ing logic about iconic or requested characters.. He just does whatever his balls feel like.
Sorry guys, I'm just so upset..

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Let's all not be ***** okay?

Sakurai is a bit of a dumb a ss for including DR MARIO OVER MEWTWO

But he did include Mega man and Pac man. Which in my opinion are going to be awesome.

Jk damn you Sakurai.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
After looking at the positives this isn't that bad...better than brawl IMO.Also does anyone have an extra demo code?

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
I imagine Dr. Mario wasn't really "chosen over Mewtwo". Sakurai explained with Lucina that if an alternate costume has even a slight difference, then they get their own character spot. Dr. Mario probably was just planned to be a Mario alt and then when they gave him the pills, they decided "oh hey, I guess we have to give him his own spot now". I seriously doubt Sakurai said "No" to Mewtwo and "Yes" to Dr. Mario.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I imagine Dr. Mario wasn't really "chosen over Mewtwo". Sakurai explained with Lucina that if an alternate costume has even a slight difference, then they get their own character spot. Dr. Mario probably was just planned to be a Mario alt and then when they gave him the pills, they decided "oh hey, I guess we have to give him his own spot now". I seriously doubt Sakurai said "No" to Mewtwo and "Yes" to Dr. Mario.
Exactly. If the clones weren't in there wouldn't be anyone else in their place except for maybe different clones.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Yes. but why would they bring him back in the first place? Even as a costume they still brought a unwanted character from Melee. As good as this game is. Seeing Dark pit and Dr.Mario on the roster makes me think Sakurai was just a tiny bit lazy on this one.

Samuel Intrater

Smash Apprentice
Yes. but why would they bring him back in the first place? Even as a costume they still brought a unwanted character from Melee. As good as this game is. Seeing Dark pit and Dr.Mario on the roster makes me think Sakurai was just a tiny bit lazy on this one.
Well, there's nothing wrong with extra costumes. You don't see people complaining that they added "Hoodie Mac over Mewtwo". The only difference here is that Dr. Mario has an extra spot on the roster.

It's fine to be upset about Mewtwo, but taking it out on the clones doesn't seem fair.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
Even if the clones took a negligible amount of development time, their existence makes it seem like the game's priorities aren't straight. It's like adding Clonedorf before Link simply because he's an easy addition.

Thus, adding Dr. Mario before Mewtwo just seems wrong.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
There was probably some extra development time to include some minimum effort characters, but not enough for a completely new character. Dr. Mario has his fans and he's a better choice for a Melee clone than Pichu, Young Link and Roy (now that we have Lucina). Really complaining about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit is just saying you'd rather have two less characters on the roster because I don't think an original character could have been developed in the time it took to make them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Even if the clones took a negligible amount of development time, their existence makes it seem like the game's priorities aren't straight. It's like adding Clonedorf before Link simply because he's an easy addition.

Thus, adding Dr. Mario before Mewtwo just seems wrong.
Clones aren't added before anyone because they're easy to make, they're squeezed in AFTER everyone else is done because you have the ability to squeeze them in. Ganondorf only made it into Melee because he was able to be a clone. It's not like Dr. Mario's exclusion would have made Mewtwo more likely to be developed. Dr. Mario's exclusion just leaves one less character.

Last edited:

InfernoIII

Smash Rookie
If there's anyone I'm upset about getting in before Mewtwo , it's Greninja. Greninja , while a unique character , is not as iconic , or nearly as interesting as Mewtwo. Pokemon X/Y really doesn't deserve a rep yet either IMO , at least before the far superior (IMO) Black/White , Ruby/Sapphire or Gold/Silver if generational diversity was the reason.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
There was probably some extra development time to include some minimum effort characters, but not enough for a completely new character. Dr. Mario has his fans and he's a better choice for a Melee clone than Pichu, Young Link and Roy (now that we have Lucina). Really complaining about Dr. Mario and Dark Pit is just saying you'd rather have two less characters on the roster because I don't think an original character could have been developed in the time it took to make them.
Having more characters is always great.

But seriously these are just alternative costumes. Heck, Bowser JR's alts are 6-7-8 different characters.

It's really upsetting to be quite honest. Sakurai better say something about this. And quick. I wasn't ready for the disappointment so my hype for this game has significantly been lowered.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Having more characters is always great.

But seriously these are just alternative costumes. Heck, Bowser JR's alts are 6-7-8 different characters.
If they're just 'costumes' why are people thinking they were included over other characters?

Last edited:
3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
If they're just 'costumes' why are people thinking they were included over other characters?
Because they're costumes that got their own slots. It's ridiculous. "Let's add Dark Pit and Dr.Mario because they have different models!"

I cannot even imagine. These characters (clones) are just in to enlarge the roster. Clearly, Sakurai wants more characters in. But he also just ignored a huge, huge amount of fans. Adding Dr.Mario and Dark pit before Mewtwo is a slap to the face. It's like saying "Well, we didn't really want to add Ridley and Mewtwo. So here you go! Some clones with different colors/models!"

I can't see one logical reason to add those 2 characters but to piss off the people or because Sakurai wants the roster to have more characters but is too lazy to make new ones from scratch. Which he won't have to do, for Mewtwo at least.

InfernoIII

Smash Rookie
I can't see one logical reason to add those 2 characters but to piss off the people or because Sakurai wants the roster to have more characters but is too lazy to make new ones from scratch. Which he won't have to do, for Mewtwo at least.
... I like Dr.Mario because it gives me a way to use Tornado Spin in For Glory mode . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom