• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
Did anybody see today's PoTD? Sakurai just stated there will be patches and stuff so given how well it's been going for Mario kart8 I doubt nintendo would not do anything to rake in little more cash for such high demand characters
Oh I say it is pretty much guaranteed that we will have DLC and Mewtwo has a high chance of being one of the characters I think anyway.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
Oh I say it is pretty much guaranteed that we will have DLC and Mewtwo has a high chance of being one of the characters I think anyway.
They better not make us pay for mewtwo. It's not about the money but the principal. He should have been in the game already.... No excuses.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
So a Dixie trophy was just unlocked. Thats strike one for the final 5. Im dreading the unlock of a Mewtwo trophy. I know he isn't in but the trophy would really just confirm it.
I didn't think Ol' dixie would make it regardless, poor girl has had a bad run with the selections.

The Nico Nico stream has just mentioned DLC, I don't know what it's about due to it being in Japanese, but DLC was in English sooo.....

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
Well, I'll admit that if there were any characters not in the leak, I would have expected Mewtwo to be among the likeliest contenders. Kind of a shame, I definitely preferred him to Charizard and Jigglypuff, and the Pokémon roster looks pretty lackluster as a result. I'm pretty cool with the rest, at least...

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
They should be doing DLC MK8 style.

Cool stuff not relevant to Nintendo (Snake, Rayman, Shadow, etc) - Like Link and the Villager in MK8
Characters not really justifying their own position (Daisy, Cranky, Ghirahim, Adam Malkovich, etc)
Clones - (Dr. Mario, Lucina, Dark Pit, Ninten, etc) - Dry Bowser, Cat Peach, Tanooki Mario

That's not to hate on the above. I would have bought Lucina (2noob4Marth, and those alt colours). Heck, price dependent I may have bought the lot.

But DLC should not be used to get highly demanded veterans back in. It should not be used to give franchises proper representation (Donkey Kong), or any representation at all (Golden Sun). Now I would buy Mewtwo. On Wii U. Not on 3DS (unless crossbuy is enabled). Not on the Nintendo Fusion (or whatever) for Smash 5/6. Nintendo get more of my money in the short term, but lose out in the long term.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
I just want Mewtwo back at this point. It's actually making me feel quite sick, and it would just completely destroy me if a trophy of him is found. I know it might sound ridiculous, but it's a pretty big deal to me if Mewtwo returns. I'd buy the games in a heartbeat, but at this point my hype has died and I don't even want the game anymore unless he's in it.

Not being a stinge or anything - just I don't want to spend so much money on the games and a Wii-U only to just be disappointed. Sure I'd enjoy it but it just wouldn't be the same without him in it. I really would only get the game for Mewtwo.

I hate this. I just want to know already if he's in or not, or if he'll be DLC. I'll gladly pay for DLC. Anything just as long as he comes back.

If Sakurai doesn't include him this time round then I want answers because at this point there really is no excuse not to bring him back!!

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
I seems I have jumped the gun.

I must clarify that most of the mentionings of DLC was in the chat as I didn't know what the commentators were saying.

The only thing I have going right now is the mention of the "Toka DLC" (DLCとかで追加しそう) which hasn't yielded any results.

This could mean anything from confirmed, to a Japanese version of Kappa. So hope for the best, and expect the worst!

Sandfall

Stage Designer
So a Dixie trophy was just unlocked. Thats strike one for the final 5. Im dreading the unlock of a Mewtwo trophy. I know he isn't in but the trophy would really just confirm it.
I don't think DLC is going to be limited by the trophies in game.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
They better not make us pay for mewtwo. It's not about the money but the principal. He should have been in the game already.... No excuses.
Would you rather have his situation in Brawl as an incomplete character again. He is a late addition so course he's gonna be DLC with set price. If he's the only one then maybe it will be a free download but I think there will be more too.

Also point out that the PM team made Mewtwo from scratch within 700+ hours with the limited resources they had, Sakurai has the people who made Tekken and Soul Calibur. There's no lazy excuse for Sakurai to not put him in at some point.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I hope we get a dlc pack announcement... Mewtwo Ridley and Wolf for $10 comes with them,there trophies and a mewtwo stage.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Guys, Dixie's down, K Rool is down, and apparently people found a Ridley trophy (I'm calling bull**** because I seen no pics and people on 4chan openly admitted nobody took pics). Mewtwo's chances are getting scary..

Epic Neal Time

Smash Cadet
With Ridley as a boss and K. Rool as a trophy, things aren't looking good for the big 3 as DLC. :(

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
I'm still hoping Ridley and Mewtwo are announced at today's Nintendo's treehouse as some type of DLC for the Wii U launch or even the NA Smash 3DS launch.

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
All these old vets. and fan-requested characters appearing as trophies; things aren't looking good.

cg0rz152

Smash Rookie
I've been a long time lurker here since back to when the Brawl leaks were first announced, but I'm amazed no one has wondered if it's possible that Mewtwo's trophy hasn't been found yet because it's similar to how it was unlocked in Brawl. By that I mean completing All Star Mode on the Highest difficulty setting. (I'm almost certain that was one of the challenges in the vault.)

To my knowledge no one has done this yet.

Anyway, like most here I hope Mewtwo gets in, but I'm not holding my breath at this point.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
Treehouse has started now for those who were interested.
I'm waiting for class or I'd watch :(

I hope we get a dlc pack announcement... Mewtwo Ridley and Wolf for $10 comes with them,there trophies and a mewtwo stage.
You are making me drool...

10 bucks for 3 character would be outrageous imho. I could get two VC titles for that money.
You kidding id gladly pay 100 bucks a pop for each of these bad boys. (Let's be honest I'd probably pay even more, like a lot more...)

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Guys, just let it go. Mewtwo is not returning. You're just setting yourselves up for disappointent again.
I both agree and disagree. I do think we should let it go but at the same time be hopeful. Nothing wrong with being hopeful, but the game right now looks pretty fun as it is. I still have Robin. And seeing Palutena do stripper moves just made her my alt.

Captain Soviet

Smash Apprentice
I refuse to pay money for cut Veterans unless there is a significant difference in how they play. Otherwise that sends a message that Nintendo can cut corners on full priced games, just to turn around and sell us those corner for extra money. Mewtwo is a maybe since he's been out since Melee, but I will not drop a penny for Wolf unless he's changed drastically.

Last edited:

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
....The full roster has been shown, unless there's some new info or a character trailer there's not much reason to watch the Treehouse.
They're doing several games before treehouse, and I'd like some English commentary as I can't speak Japanese and would like to hear how chars feel.

(Also they are giving demos out during the session)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
....The full roster has been shown, unless there's some new info or a character trailer there's not much reason to watch the Treehouse.
Speak for yourself. I'm waiting for Nintendo Treehouse's Erik Peterson :love:

I refuse to pay money for cut Veterans unless there is a significant difference in how they play. Otherwise that sends a message that Nintendo can cut corners on full priced games, just to turn around and sell us those corner for extra money. Mewtwo is a maybe since he's been out since Melee, but I will not drop a penny for Wolf unless he's changed drastically.
That would be the point though. Some people would. That's why DLC is optional.

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
10 bucks for 3 character would be outrageous imho. I could get two VC titles for that money.
It's cheaper than what you'd normally get for a DLC fighting game character, which usually cost around $5 a pop. You can say that those characters aren't worth that much to you personally, but you can't really call it outrageous in the context of the current video game industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom