• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's probably nothing, and maybe they were talking about the false information that Zipzo gave us, but 3:02:40 strikes me as a bit odd. Why are they being so hush hush about it?

http://www.twitch.tv/shofu/b/567421353
It could either mean they are messing with us or they are contractually obligated not to confirm or disconfirm whether a character is playable or not.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
? This thread is getting removed?

Where should we post if we want to talk about petition stuff and rallying for DLC? Is there a correct place for that once this thread gets removed?
According to Xiivi all threads related to non-confirmed characters will be shut down bar DLC confirmation. Not sure if there's going to be a DLC thread, however, I would guess not.

Would recommend making/joining a social group.

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
Well, im all for the inclusion of cross platforming. Any mewtwo is better then no mewtwo.

And here is a bunch of lucina quotes to get you in the mood
(at 0:44 if the time stamp is messed up)

:4lucina:I challenge my fate! :4lucina: That one is the best imo[spoiler/]

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Well, so much for "the best character game". In the end, I think I feel far more dissatisfaction than satisfaction from Smash 4. There were only two things that I really wanted in Smash 4: The return of Mewtwo and a decloned Ganondorf. With that, I'd even be able to overlook a lot of other things bugging me like certain character cuts. It seems both of those common requests were just way too much to hope for.
As I look at the final roster (I'll view it as such until officially shown otherwise), I can't help but ask, "What were they thinking?" in regards to certain choices. I think it's safe to say if Wii Fit Trainer hadn't been included in the first place, there would be practically nobody at all asking, "Where's Wii Fit Trainer?" right now. The same could probably be said to a lesser extent about the likes of Duck Hunt and a few others. When I play, I have a preference to face actual people over CPUs, as do many others, and therefore will play most matches online, where customizable moves and Miis can't be used; it almost feels like including such things was a waste of time for that very reason. There are many things turning me away, with lack of Mewtwo being one of the big ones. I even feel like I would gladly trade customizable moves, Wii Fit trainer, Duck Hunt, Miis, Pac Man, Dr Mario, Dark Pit, Lucina, Lucario, Greninja, and Jigglypuff all for just Mewtwo and feel much happier with the end result. lol
7 unique movesets for 1 character i love mewtwo but that's to much

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Has it been revealed what that screenshot of the Wii U menu option was where it shows you can link the 3DS to the Wii U? Because if it hasn't, that fits in with the potential of transferable new characters that will be included in the Wii U.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Has it been revealed what that screenshot of the Wii U menu option was where it shows you can link the 3DS to the Wii U? Because if it hasn't, that fits in with the potential of transferable new characters that will be included in the Wii U.
No, it hasn't. I think it's safe to assume that's to transfer your customizable character onto the Wii U.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
yea but i think thats more for the amiibo stuff since the 3DS does not have NFC support built in. i doubt it will have anything to do with including more characters or transferring characters. At this point im not gonna speculate anymore, we'll just be setting ourselves u for failure again.

3DS FC
2552-3002-7860
Oh don't worry guys. you can always wait 6-7 years for the next Smash <3 ( I know that's not the Smash circle)

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
No, it hasn't. I think it's safe to assume that's to transfer your customizable character onto the Wii U.
yea but i think thats more for the amiibo stuff since the 3DS does not have NFC support built in. i doubt it will have anything to do with including more characters or transferring characters. At this point im not gonna speculate anymore, we'll just be setting ourselves u for failure again.
Yeah, Occam's Razor - it's probably for customizable characters. I wouldn't mind hoping for new characters being downloadable in the future to hype the Wii U release though. It makes sense to me, but I wouldn't exactly go around perpetuating that myth. But I'm looking forward to the Wii U release in hopes of it being true, everyone else can give up, I have enough hope for all of us :)

D

Deleted member

This roster is just ok to me. I will never ever be satisfied with a smash roster until Mewtwo is brought back. His removal, unlike other cut characters, makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
i really think pokemon needs more reps then fire emblem but sakarais thinks not
Two franchises that have the most characters compared to other Nintendo franchises. I think's it's fine they have a similar number of reps. Mario on the other hand has like 18 characters if you lump the Donkey Kong and Yoshi series together and add in the alt costumes Bowser Jr. has.

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
Two franchises that have the most characters compared to other Nintendo franchises. I think's it's fine they have a similar number of reps. Mario on the other hand has like 18 characters if you lump the Donkey Kong and Yoshi series together and add in the alt costumes Bowser Jr. has.
but pokemons got so many characters people want but fire emblem doesn't and plus pokemons more popular and also mario might have had more if dixe kong or king k rool were in

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
but pokemons got so many characters people want but fire emblem doesn't and plus pokemons more popular and also mario might have had more if dixe kong or king k rool were in
People wanted Chrom and Lucina since they're the latest Fire Emblem characters. Robin wasn't thought of since Robin's a player-created character and I think lots of people hate Micaiah 'cause she's a Mary Sue who overly righteous or something.

For Pokémon, I know people wanted Mewtwo back and Sceptile or a Grass starter to finish the trio, but I can't think of any other Pokémon people wanted.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
The mods should let this thread stay open at least until today's live stream is over. There's still a very low chance of him getting revealed IF that Wii U/3DS connection thing is true. If that isn't true, we could hold out for DLC but why waste the most requested Smash character of all time for DLC? I'd rather Mewtwo be DLC than have no Mewtwo at all. If he so happens to not be DLC, well, I'm afraid that he'll never be in a Smash game again, which is very depressing.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm still kind of in shock. I didn't expect this. Not at all. Why, Nintendo? Why..?

pokeman2223

Smash Cadet
list of pokemon people wanted mewtwo septile jigglypuff to return a kalos pokemon trainer and zouruek or what ever he's name is

Last edited:

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
People wanted Chrom and Lucina since they're the latest Fire Emblem characters. Robin wasn't thought of since Robin's a player-created character and I think lots of people hate Micaiah 'cause she's a Mary Sue who overly righteous or something.

For Pokémon, I know people wanted Mewtwo back and Sceptile or a Grass starter to finish the trio, but I can't think of any other Pokémon people wanted.
Thats 1 thing i didn't understand, I loved FE awakening but i never wanted Chrom or Lucina in smash simply because they are practically Marth lol. Same sword, same blood line, same play style almost. I wouldnt mind Roy being back or somone different. There are tons of characters to choose from for FE. Lucina and Chrom should have been alt skins really.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Let's hope for DLC at the very least, since Mario Kart 8 got some after all and it being a very well liked game, I can expect Smash to get the same. I mean, Dry Bowser came back to Mario Kart due to his popularity, so I can see that happening for Mewtwo. Either way, it's been a good run, even though we ended on a sad note. Perhaps someone will restart this thread over on another site though, but if not, then it's been fun.

Last edited:

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Not to sound like a broken record, but the best we can do is hope for DLC or the 3DS/Wii U thing to unlock characters.
And also, what we have is this: If all is said and done and Mewtwo has no real shot at this, he's still got Project M going for him.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thats 1 thing i didn't understand, I loved FE awakening but i never wanted Chrom or Lucina in smash simply because they are practically Marth lol. Same sword, same blood line, same play style almost. I wouldnt mind Roy being back or somone different. There are tons of characters to choose from for FE. Lucina and Chrom should have been alt skins really.
Still off topic I guess. The thing is supposedly Marth's fighting style was passed down so Chrom, Owain, and Lucina fight with it, but in Owain's case, game design shows him as a Myrmidon so he fights sort of like a samurai. Chrom, however, fights much more differently than Marth in Shadow Dragon and SSB. He's upfront and straightforward while Marth is graceful and accurate. Lucina similarly has her own style which I think is faster and more fluid than Chrom, but still more slash-based than Marth considering Falchion resembles a longsword now instead of the short sword Marth has. In a way, Lucina's fighting style could have been a pale imitation of Marth and if that translated, Lucina would share some moves while also having her own moves.

Chrom wouldn't have been a clone, but he'd be a boring swordsman compared to brutal Ike, graceful Marth, speedy Lucina, magic-using Micaiah, spear-using Ephraim, fencer Eirika, spell-sword Leif, axeman Hector, iaido practitioner Lyn, and fire-sword Roy. He, Eliwood, and other, earlier Lords in Fire Emblem were just defined as swordsmen. Nothing more; nothing less. Kind of like how Ninten, Ness, and Lucas resemble each other in combat in Mother/EarthBound.

Lucina is arguable since she tried to emulate Marth as a disguise, but realistically, even if you knew everything about someone, it'd be difficult to copy them completely. Heck, it might work against you since it might not fit you. Bruce Lee's philosophy, Jeet Kune Do, is all about using what works for you. Lucina's style might have been similar to Marth, but it would have been different enough that she'd be a semi-clone in SSB instead of a straight-up clone with a different Counter animation, stature, and properties.

Last edited:

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Not to sound like a broken record, but the best we can do is hope for DLC or the 3DS/Wii U thing to unlock characters.
And also, what we have is this: If all is said and done and Mewtwo has no real shot at this, he's still got Project M going for him.
Yes, because the PMBR do care about our Mewtwo needs.

Outlawstarx

Smash Cadet
I'm still kind of in shock. I didn't expect this. Not at all. Why, Nintendo? Why..?
I hate to say it but Sakurai is biased toward his characters. Which i can understand but dont force feed them to people if no one really wants them. Kirby has 3 reps, Kid Icarus has 3 reps. Metaknight was super op in brawl. lol. It truly is a shame for Metroid to not have more characters. Thats a historic franchise and the Prime series sold millions of copies. And is rumored to be returning soon. DK should have more. I think they shot themselves in the foot having to develop 2 games at the same time, I Think they just ran out of time. wii u should have been their priority and the 3DS version should have released next year to take advantage of the (new) 3DS specs and features.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I hate to say it but Sakurai is biased toward his characters. Which i can understand but dont force feed them to people if no one really wants them. Kirby has 3 reps, Kid Icarus has 3 reps. Metaknight was super op in brawl. lol. It truly is a shame for Metroid to not have more characters. Thats a historic franchise and the Prime series sold millions of copies. And is rumored to be returning soon. DK should have more. I think they shot themselves in the foot having to develop 2 games at the same time, I Think they just ran out of time. wii u should have been their priority and the 3DS version should have released next year to take advantage of the (new) 3DS specs and features.
I'd say perfect DLC would still be Mewtwo (for obvious reasons), Ridley (for the Metroid rep), Dixie Kong/King K. Rool (DK rep), and some other vetarans like Ice Climbers, Wolf, and/or Lucas and/or some other newcomers like Issac, Chorus Men, and/or another LoZ rep.

Last edited:

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Tbh, it wont feel the same to me. We've been wanting to get Mewtwo back in an actual Smash game, not in a Brawl mod but I suppose it's better than nothing.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
You guys are going to get your chance eventually, safe to say dlc is going to be in this game, and Mewtwo takes less work than a unique newcomer while guaranteeing a great reception.

I have no doubt Mewtwo will eventually be in Smash 4, and I don't even care about him, it's that obvious.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
You guys are going to get your chance eventually, safe to say dlc is going to be in this game, and Mewtwo takes less work than a unique newcomer while guaranteeing a great reception.
I'm not sure about the "less work". From those who have played it, the "rebuilt from scratch" statement is pretty true. I suppose you don't have to conceptualize new moves, but implementation is just as hard.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
its all over i enjoyed discussing mewtwo but he's deconfirmed ...
I wouldn't say that just yet.

Remember, we still have the Wii-U game to come. A direct tomorrow, and also, there is still the fact that we haven't seen ANYTHING of Mewtwo yet at all. There hasn't been a trophy confirmed, so that's a positive sign.

I've only had about 4 hours sleep tops staying up to see if he was in the 3DS version. As down as I am right now, I'm still optimistic this isn't over and Sakuari might just surprise us in a way we least expect.

Keep the dream alive until it's really done and dusted.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
There are rumours of Mewtwo data in the game card.

Edit: This guy is probably lying. No proof. Not even sure how you would check a game card.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I'm not sure about the "less work". From those who have played it, the "rebuilt from scratch" statement is pretty true. I suppose you don't have to conceptualize new moves, but implementation is just as hard.
Not to mention balancing. It'd be all cool and stuff if say, Ganondorf had these ridiculously powerful AOE attacks, but it wouldn't be fair against everyone since nobody could touch the evil king. It's also a reason why Brawl wasn't character-friendly since Sakurai tried to balance everyone by himself which lead to health issues - his hands were strained - and perhaps not enough time or ability to manage 30+ characters.

Everyone confirmed for SSB4! :p

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

I have no doubt Mewtwo will eventually be in Smash 4, and I don't even care about him, it's that obvious.
At least there's one optimistic person left :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom