• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
In a game that Sakurai is trying to balance, there's little need to worry about certain characters being "too" weak/strong compared to the rest of the cast.
Sure, we might have some characters that are more advantageous over others....but I honestly think there won't be a "bad" character this time around.
...like Gannon and Pichu were...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
*Was afk*
Mirror mirror on the wall, who's Liquid of them all?:yoshi2: Although I never eggsactly said he's guaranteed, I did go on saying he's the one of Super Smash Brothers meaning, disregarding his O12 status since it's not something Falcon holds onto as a crutch.
Falcon is the only O12 character that can viably hold that crutch, so...

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Given how they revealed Captain Falcon, I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is making it into that final trailer. Mewtwo's demand to be in Smash is far greater than the Captain's. Plus, he was skipped over for a generation, and that means bringing him back will bring even bigger hype.
It is simply expected that Falcon will be in. Thus, there isn't much clamoring for him. It doesn't mean fewer people wanted Falcon. I bet nearly everyone wanted Falcon back, but no one suspected Sakurai to be so dense as to cut him.

Mewtwo was already cut once, so of course there will be an outcry for his return. It's not a comparable situation.

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
In a game that Sakurai is trying to balance, there's little need to worry about certain characters being "too" weak/strong compared to the rest of the cast.
Sure, we might have some characters that are more advantageous over others....but I honestly think there won't be a "bad" character this time around.
we already have one weak one dark pit but to make this relevent :mewtwopm:

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
You may want to address which Ganon you mean & which Pichu. Melee Ganon was boss while Brawl Pichu is A tier currently.:p
Falcon is the only O12 character that can viably hold that crutch, so...
Falcon can do more than just hold it.:shades:

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
You may want to address which Ganon you mean & which Pichu. Melee Ganon was boss while Brawl Pichu is A tier currently.:p

Falcon can do more than just hold it.:shades:
xD I see what you did there...since Pichu in Melee is actually Pikachu in Brawl. Ha. Very good.
But um, yeah.
Brawl's Gannondorf
Melee's Pichu
^^;

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
nobody will miss pichu. :pif pichu seriously gets in over mewtwo there will be hell to pay!!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
xD I see what you did there...since Pichu in Melee is actually Pikachu in Brawl. Ha. Very good.
But um, yeah.
Brawl's Gannondorf
Melee's Pichu
^^;
;) Volt Tackle convinces all if the goggles weren't convincing enough, the swimmer trainers never existed either!:upsidedown:
nobody will miss pichu. :pif pichu seriously gets in over mewtwo there will be hell to pay!!
I miss Pichu. It's on a small concealed level but I do dread over Pichu's cut from time to time. How else am I gonna have fun & handicap myself beating other players?!
EDIT: Pichu is in my favor of being DLC low-priority for the DLC pack name:
So you wanna be a Master?! Of Pokemon!

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
If they are going to do a trailer with Mewtwo in it at all, it would be cool to see him and Ness together. Whether it would be Ness and Mewtwo together against Bowser Jr., or Ness and Duck Hunt Dog versus Mewtwo, either way, I just love the idea of those two together.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
If they are going to do a trailer with Mewtwo in it at all, it would be cool to see him and Ness together. Whether it would be Ness and Mewtwo together against Bowser Jr., or Ness and Duck Hunt Dog versus Mewtwo, either way, I just love the idea of those two together.
I could go for seeing a psychic duo.

Or Mewtwo and Dr. Mario rising out of Melee against everyone else.

Ooooor everyone else fighting each other and Mewtwo just rolls up and screws with everything.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I could go for seeing a psychic duo.

Or Mewtwo and Dr. Mario rising out of Melee against everyone else.

Ooooor everyone else fighting each other and Mewtwo just rolls up and screws with everything.
Man, I would love a Dr. Mario+Mewtwo trailer. And...if Snake is amoung them saying "Keep you waiting, uh!" My mind would explode!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Snake is in "never ever" territory now, bud. DLC or bust. Don't set yourself up for disappointment.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

A daily reminder that

1999 BURGER KING MEWTWO IS NOT AMUSED BY PETTY NONBELIEVERS!

-Yes, it's actually a Burger King toy from 1999
-Its eyes used to light up, but that was over half my life ago Q_Q

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
;) Volt Tackle convinces all if the goggles weren't convincing enough, the swimmer trainers never existed either!:upsidedown:

I miss Pichu. It's on a small concealed level but I do dread over Pichu's cut from time to time. How else am I gonna have fun & handicap myself beating other players?!
EDIT: Pichu is in my favor of being DLC low-priority for the DLC pack name:
So you wanna be a Master?! Of Pokemon!
meh. thats the only reason why anyone would use him. for an (unfair) challenge against other players. if pichu gets in before mewtwo i will be angry. but if it does get in it will prolly be a punching bag :p

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If they are going to do a trailer with Mewtwo in it at all, it would be cool to see him and Ness together. Whether it would be Ness and Mewtwo together against Bowser Jr., or Ness and Mewtwo versus Duck Hunt Dog, either way, I just love the idea of those two together.
Fixed.

No way the DHD is a hero.

Last edited:

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Smash direct within the next 2 weeks please someone make this real.Imagine if this was announced.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

A daily reminder that

1999 BURGER KING MEWTWO IS NOT AMUSED BY PETTY NONBELIEVERS!

-Yes, it's actually a Burger King toy from 1999
-Its eyes used to light up, but that was over half my life ago Q_Q
Alt. Costume Confirmed? :troll:

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Needs more of this.

And of course we can't forget Mew...

The tears of Mew fans that day were unlike any other I tell you, my own included.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
I still don't understand why Sakurai stood up during the XY conference to comment on Mewtwo being in smash, i believe the roster was finalized in 2012 right? So his comment was after this. So he must have done something with our most wanted character i must think.

Also, do you guys think anyone at PAX asked about it and got a straight answer they could give us when the endorsement is over?

I know it's a stupid question but it may give us something to talk about...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I still don't understand why Sakurai stood up during the XY conference to comment on Mewtwo being in smash, i believe the roster was finalized in 2012 right? So his comment was after this. So he must have done something with our most wanted character i must think.

Also, do you guys think anyone at PAX asked about it and got a straight answer they could give us when the endorsement is over?

I know it's a stupid question but it may give us something to talk about...
He wants to keep fans guessing. Or he never considered it and pulled something out his rear for a quick answer. Or it made him reconsider, kind of how Lucina came to be.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman
He wants to keep fans guessing. Or he never considered it and pulled something out his rear for a quick answer. Or it made him reconsider, kind of how Lucina came to be.
But the thing he did most was give people hope imo and, IF (i believe he is) Mewtwo is not playable he shattered that hope with a falcon punch :'(

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
He could have just as well not stood up. He wasn't part of the panel, he was a spectator.

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
This video is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8DTpQpiQ0

If Mewtwo isn't back... Then I'm sorry to say... that Sakurai is stupid. I really don't wanna say it because I worship Smash and Sakurai is it's creator, he's a god. But there is no damn excuse! Mewtwo has SO many points making him an priority in the game. I've been holding my breath for so long... Just 12 more days. (unless Mewtwo isn't in the game yet and there is DLC characters for when Wii U version comes out)

Please Sakurai, I'll never forgive you for what you've done... T_T

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
He could have just as well not stood up. He wasn't part of the panel, he was a spectator.
He chose to stand up, which raises the question of why.

But one cannot claim to know Sakurai's manner of thought.

This video is pretty good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x8DTpQpiQ0

If Mewtwo isn't back... Then I'm sorry to say... that Sakurai is stupid. I really don't wanna say it because I worship Smash and Sakurai is it's creator, he's a god. But there is no damn excuse! Mewtwo has SO many points making him an priority in the game. I've been holding my breath for so long... Just 12 more days. (unless Mewtwo isn't in the game yet and there is DLC characters for when Wii U version comes out)

Please Sakurai, I'll never forgive you for what you've done... T_T
You really should watch what you say. I want Mewtwo as much as the next guy, but his exclusion does not mean Sakurai's an idiot.

Last edited:

Oops!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aguyudontknow
3DS FC
1693-1719-9908
This thread moves insanely quickly. I dunno what we're really talkin' about right now, but I just wanted to add that I think Shulk's confirmation only confirms the other charaacters leaked in the ESRB videos and neither confirms nor denies Mewtwo's inclusion.

Still holding out hope, but I'm kinda done speculating and worrying about it now. I just want this to be over D:

Swedish_Otaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Swedish_otaku
You really should watch what you say. I want Mewtwo as much as the next guy, but his exclusion does not mean Sakurai's an idiot.
Watch what I say? But I mean it. He would REALLY be STUPID. (I said stupid, not idiot. Idiot is a verb, stupid is an adjective)

I could say much worse things... But that's just out of anger. I really only say what I really mean.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Watch what I say? But I mean it. He would REALLY be STUPID. (I said stupid, not idiot. Idiot is a verb, stupid is an adjective)

I could say much worse things... But that's just out of anger. I really only say what I really mean.
Well, true. Comments like those can be interpreted as flaming, and we all know he Smash community has the entire floor covered in gasoline that sparks if something as simple as a leak or comment comes down, filling in for the metaphorical match.

I personally won't question your opinion, but I can't talk for the dozens in this thread.

And yes, I'd be mad at Sakurai too, but I'd move on.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
Well, true. Comments like those can be interpreted as flaming, and we all know he Smash community has the entire floor covered in gasoline that sparks if something as simple as a leak or comment comes down, filling in for the metaphorical match.

I personally won't question your opinion, but I can't talk for the dozens in this thread.

And yes, I'd be mad at Sakurai too, but I'd move on.
i preordered the game, i know im gonna love it, i would just love it better with mewtwo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom