• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

This is fake, but...notice something?
Looks like someone hasn't been keeping an eye on recent Nintendo news over no new major Mario titles for 2015. Also the name for the new FE game is terrible. Metroid being there me thinks means this was made by someone in the US. Would also assume Star Fox is being held off for E3.

Last edited:

PokÉmblem

Smash Apprentice
NNID
wolfvdc
3DS FC
4553-9960-0926

It's so fake that I find Shrek being a newcomer more real. Chronicles spelled wrong, really? Not to mention that that anyone can make that in Microsoft word. Also, the Mario news and the sequels having terrible names confirms it even more fake.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
and ofc giant disclaimer of fakeness was somewhat skipped

Also the name for the new FE game is terrible.
100% agree. It's impossible to make a direct sequel to Awakening without making a canon...and since there's multiple endings...

Sure, Mass Effect did it, but at least they prepared like hell for any possible saves.

Hell, they CAN'T make a direct sequel unless they are willing to make

Chrom canonically die by simply putting Grima to sleep by sacrificing himself.

But... Mewtwo's coming in Spring... Right?
EDIT: It looks fake. Some of those titles are horrible. "Bayonetta-Jeanne's Showdown?" Give me a break.
Personally, I wouldn't find it out of line for them to make a trailer a month before release. But mewtwo months? I really wanna see more Mewtwo, but...fake.

It's so fake that I find Shrek being a newcomer more real. Chronicles spelled wrong, really? Not to mention that that anyone can make that in Microsoft word. Also, the Mario news and the sequels having terrible names confirms it even more fake.
Pretty much why I said fake before the image.

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Yeah, pretty easy to tell. ****, dat sum boo-sheet.

I wanna see Chad Warden at E3.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice

Guys, I just found this old Mewtwo card. Does anyone else think it's creepy looking? Also, yeah. That schedule sheet is too fan-servicey to be real. But I hope that we get more Mewtwo details soon.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
This is basically what I've been trying to tell people.
Like Igzex mentioned, no character outside of Mii Swordfighter and maybe WFT is completely unsuitable for competitive play.
I don't think Smash 4 is that balanced either. In the end we're probably gonna see about a third of smash 4's cast being used in tournaments too. Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Swordsman, and probably Charizard are more balls than the other characters but Shiek and Diddy and probably a few more to discover are more dominant than other characters.

Guys, I just found this old Mewtwo card. Does anyone else think it's creepy looking? Also, yeah. That schedule sheet is too fan-servicey to be real. But I hope that we get more Mewtwo details soon.
The art style is dark to fit your opponent's mood when you retreat Scyther into Mewtwo, discard 2 psychic energies to a computer search for a professor oak, use it, attach a psychic energy to mewtwo, throw out an energy removal, use energy absorption, and then get all 3 energys for psyburn on turn 1.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I don't think Smash 4 is that balanced either. In the end we're probably gonna see about a third of smash 4's cast being used in tournaments too. Wii Fit Trainer, Mii Swordsman, and probably Charizard are more balls than the other characters but Shiek and Diddy and probably a few more to discover are more dominant than other characters.

The art style is dark to fit your opponent's mood when you retreat Scyther into Mewtwo, discard 2 psychic energies to a computer search for a professor oak, use it, attach a psychic energy to mewtwo, throw out an energy removal, use energy absorption, and then get all 3 energys for psyburn on turn 1.
Still a third of Smash 4's cast is more than a third of Melee's. With a roster of 51 (soon to be 52) characters, just having a third of them be viable for high level play is pretty good.

Igzex

But will any of them be Mewtwo? *Dramatic music*

MagiusNecros

Smash Master

I'd laugh if I had to buy the Last Story again just to see it on a glorious New 3DS. The FE title seems fake as hell though. No FE game namedrops big villain's like that. And although I like Grima's design as a black dragon, Grima is as lame as they come. A Cyan Bloodbane he is not.

Mewtwo gameplay has to be coming anyway which is what you are trying to draw attention to I reckon?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Did the 'leaker' forget about SMT X FE?
I suppose he/she wouldn't be the first.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah. I mean really. And nothing on that new Kirby game or Yoshi's Wooly World? Pffft.
Isn't the new Kirby game the Rainbow Curse?
If it is the image clearly shows 'y and the Rainbow Curse'

EDIT: Yep just googled it and and my memory is correct.

Last edited:

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334

True that. Though this game always has the potential for patching ever since they went from "no more patches" to "considering it" real quick.

Now I remember why Super Energy Removal got banned.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Mewtwo gameplay has to be coming anyway which is what you are trying to draw attention to I reckon?
Yeah, pretty much. The leak is almost undoubtedly fake(unless we do get a Direct on that day), but Mewtwo footage seems very likely in a Direct, which is why I posted it here. I mean, we got Shulk's reveal on a Japan only 3DS Direct, for that matter, so anything can happen.

Last edited:

Igzex

True that. Though this game always has the potential for patching ever since they went from "no more patches" to "considering it" real quick.

Now I remember why Super Energy Removal got banned.
Yeah I'm gonna use an excess energy to set a pokemon you were trying to ready back 2 turns. What can possibly go wrong?!

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I hope to see at least some more pics of Mewtwo soon.

Also, an update on my stolen items case from Christmas: Police have done NOTHING even though they have 8 names and numbers and were supposed to interview my younger brother two days ago...at this rate, I may never get my Wii U Gamepad back...

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
And then, there's the Air Dodge mechanics and wavedashing. Whenever I have a conversation about Smash Bros., that's the one subject that never fails to come up. Yes, Melee's Air Dodge and the resulting wavedashes are geared for competitive players, but I wouldn't say that makes the current Air Dodge mechanics inferior because they're more casual. If you ask me, the current mechanics feel far more fluid and natural than Melee's. This is a bold statement, but I would say that if wavedashing had been removed when Sakurai noticed it, an uproar over the new Air Dodge mechanics would've been less that half of what it was. Wavedashing is an important aspect of Melee's competitive play, I understand that. But the fact that is a glitch should probably tell Melee players that hate the other installments, "Hey, maybe I should stop *****ing about the new Air Dodge mechanics because wavedashing was a glitch, so even if Melee's mechanics were to return, which they probably won't because Nintendo clearly prefers the new ones, as Smash 4 showed with their reinclusion, wavedashing most likely wouldn't, which is a massive part of why I prefer Melee's mechanics." I don't have a problem with you preferring Melee's mechanics, but don't think that they're going to return when Nintendo's decided they like the current mechanics better, and at least think about how wavedashing returning, even in the event that Melee's mechanics were going to return, is incredibly unlikely because it is a glitch. And ESPECIALLY don't crap all over other installments because of their exclusion of Melee's mechanics and, consequently, a glitch. I have absolutely no problem with you preferring Melee's Air Dodge mechanics, but be sensible and be nice.
I'm sorry I'm so late replying and I'm sorry this post is so long, but I feel like this needed to be said.
And for the most part, it's well-said. Except that I wouldn't call wavedashing a glitch, per se. L-canceling was in Smash 64, and glitches tend to be more, shall we say, game-breaking. Sakurai knew about those mechanics during testing and chose to leave them in for hardcore players to discover. So while I agree with your overall statement, I guess I'm nitpicking your choice of words.

What I wouldn't give for another Okami...

Last edited:

thebadlamp

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thebadlamp2
3DS FC
0963-0296-0917
If we're lucky we might get pics in Febuary but likely nothing.
I also found this today.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
If we're lucky we might get pics in Febuary but likely nothing.
I also found this today.
Idk about plushies but I still have my Mewtwo toy from Burger King...

This one's not mine though, just a quick picture off the internet. Mine's on display with my amiibos so I can pretend until the real thing comes out. I hope DLC fighters get amiibos.

D

Deleted member

Something that I was thinking about for a while; we should probably prepare for Mewtwo being light again.

One thing to realize that in Smash, "weight" doesn't mean "the force of gravity exerted on an object" like it does in real life. It means "resistance to being knocked back" a.k.a. "defense".
The concept of real world gravity and weight is rather skewed in Smash. Take Fox and Samus for example. Fox is one of the lighter characters in the game yet sinks like a rock in the air. Samus is a heavyweight, but gently floats down.
Wario is 308 lbs, Charizard is 199.5 lbs, yet Charizard has a larger weight stat in Smash. Snake's only 165.3 lbs, yet he was heavier than both of them in Brawl, with only Bowser and the 800 lbs DK above him.

Those 269 lbs don't really mean much in the long run. Especially when the logic of "floating = less knockback resistance" is applied, which also applies to Rosalina. The anime appearances of both Mewtwo enforce this theory by having them be knocked around very easily when attacks successfully hit either one of them (mostly Newtwo/Femtwo; Oldtwo only actually got hit once, and that was when Mew redirected his own attack back at him) when both of them are levitating.
Though Mewtwo could be buffed a bit in regards to weight, I doubt it would be anything higher than Palutena.

WVdUde

Smash Apprentice
Something that I was thinking about for a while; we should probably prepare for Mewtwo being light again.

One thing to realize that in Smash, "weight" doesn't mean "the force of gravity exerted on an object" like it does in real life. It means "resistance to being knocked back" a.k.a. "defense".
The concept of real world gravity and weight is rather skewed in Smash. Take Fox and Samus for example. Fox is one of the lighter characters in the game yet sinks like a rock in the air. Samus is a heavyweight, but gently floats down.
Wario is 308 lbs, Charizard is 199.5 lbs, yet Charizard has a larger weight stat in Smash. Snake's only 165.3 lbs, yet he was heavier than both of them in Brawl, with only Bowser and the 800 lbs DK above him.

Those 269 lbs don't really mean much in the long run. Especially when the logic of "floating = less knockback resistance" is applied, which also applies to Rosalina. The anime appearances of both Mewtwo enforce this theory by having them be knocked around very easily when attacks successfully hit either one of them (mostly Newtwo/Femtwo; Oldtwo only actually got hit once, and that was when Mew redirected his own attack back at him) when both of them are levitating.
Though Mewtwo could be buffed a bit in regards to weight, I doubt it would be anything higher than Palutena.

Well, if we were dedicated enough to purchase two consoles and two separate Smash Bros games for those consoles then we deserve our exclusive character to be buffed in as many ways as possible. Make him harder to knock around, give him counters and reflectors, harder to catch, and make his power levels OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.... Or at least powerful enough to be strong but not be broken.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225

I still have one or two of these cards. I think it was a Nintendo Power magazine exclusive. The attacks and whatnot are the same as the Pokémon the First Movie Mewtwo cards, I think...

LoveGame

NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
I still have one or two of these cards. I think it was a Nintendo Power magazine exclusive. The attacks and whatnot are the same as the Pokémon the First Movie Mewtwo cards, I think...
It came with the VHS tape

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
and ofc giant disclaimer of fakeness was somewhat skipped

100% agree. It's impossible to make a direct sequel to Awakening without making a canon...and since there's multiple endings...

Sure, Mass Effect did it, but at least they prepared like hell for any possible saves.

Hell, they CAN'T make a direct sequel unless they are willing to make

Chrom canonically die by simply putting Grima to sleep by sacrificing himself.

Personally, I wouldn't find it out of line for them to make a trailer a month before release. But mewtwo months? I really wanna see more Mewtwo, but...fake.
Does that say Xenoblade Chronicles X under Super Mario Wii U? not sure because the X is too small and the s if that were a s is too close to the X, not to mention Xenoblade Chronicles X of course should've been in the direct if he isn't, that game is glorious, too bad a Wii U costs too much, really hope they that this list is fake.
Pretty much why I said fake before the image

First day Mewtwo comes out, for glory will be filled with Mewtwo users 100% fact k
too bad for me im gonna wait till Mewtwo is buyable so I don't have to waste 300$ on a console I wont even play with.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Primal Groudon? Yes.
Primal Kyogre? No...
Mega Rayquaza? ...that's going too far man.
POgre is still as broken as PDon despite having significant weaknesses. And of course, MegaQuaza is more broken than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom