• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fact 54 - Mewtwo Is On The Way [Social/General Discussion]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I hope it's not a club nintendo offer. I want it to be just by linking it in game, I don't have time for club nintendo stuff

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
I hope it's not a club nintendo offer. I want it to be just by linking it in game, I don't have time for club nintendo stuff
I think it will be an update to the WiiU version and when you connect your 3DS to it the files for Mewtwo will be sent over and thus unlocking him. This would stay true to the files found in the 3DS version that said approaching challenger or something along those lines when connecting the 3DS version to the WiiU.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I think it will be an update to the WiiU version and when you connect your 3DS to it the files for Mewtwo will be sent over and thus unlocking him. This would stay true to the files found in the 3DS version that said approaching challenger or something along those lines when connecting the 3DS version to the WiiU.
That's what I want. My Club Nintendo account got deleted and I cba to do all that stuff again.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041

If Mewtwo get's his own stage I would love for a remix of this song to be one of the tracks that play. This was such an awesome moment in the first film. Fighting it out to this would be perfect. (Start the video at 2:40)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
So excited for Mewtwo. I still can't quite believe it.

If Mewtwo got his own stage dlc what do you think it would be?

Cerulean Cave or Cinnabar Mansion immediately come to mind but I'm not sure if they have anything interesting to contribute as stages. Maybe they could do something like what they did with the 3ds Kirby stage and have some kind of 2.5D stage with Red/Blue graphics?

Last edited:

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800

Cerulean Cave or Cinnabar Mansion immediately come to mind but I'm not sure if they have anything interesting to contribute as stages. Maybe they could do something like what they did with the 3ds Kirby stage and have some kind of 2.5D stage with Red/Blue graphics?
If a stage delays him, then I wouldn't want a stage.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman

That's a good question, but i believe Cerulean Cave would be a much better stage for Mewtwo! But i don't think he'll get a stage with him though. Speaking of stages, what Pokemon stages do we have in the Wiiu? Only the XY League and Stadium 2?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If we do get a pokemon stage along with Mewtwo, it's quite possible that it'll be an ORAS stage rather than a Mewtwo related one.

I think I'd prefer that though, Hoenn needs more Smash love.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Cerulean Cave sounds great for Mewtwo! But what about a Melee stage for a Melee returner... Poké Floats anyone? :troll:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Congratulations Mewtwo fans! I never thought they would actually talk about DLC so soon but hey who cares, Mewtwo is back!!! Even though it's a shame what happened to Ridley (especially since I wanted him the most), at least he's a pretty cool stage boss and I'm satisfied with that. It's more than what I expected honestly. Anyways, I'm really happy for all of you! Can't wait to play as Mewtwo! :grin:

Also...

I'm kind of annoyed that you have to own both versions. This means any tournament hosts will have to have the 3DS version as well...
You don't actually need both versions. You just get him for free IF you have both versions. Otherwise, he is payed DLC. Nintendo is just, once again, terrible with wording. :laugh:

Last edited:

TeaTwoTime

Smash Ace
I'm kind of annoyed that you have to own both versions. This means any tournament hosts will have to have the 3DS version as well...
I don't think this is likely at all. The most likely case is that TOs will just have to pay a small fee to download him, which will be possible either during or after the "free if you own both" promotional period. :)

Artero

Smash Enthousiast
NNID
Artero
I'm still pretty much awestruck from last night. Really didn't expect Mewtwo, but I'm very glad to have been proven wrong!

On a side note, do you think he'll also be purchasable (next to be being able to get it for free if you own both versions) either right away or after a certain time-period has passed? I'll be owning both versions, but I can't seriously believe that Nintendo would totally screw over 3DS-only users by making Mewtwo UN-purchasable, which is why I was so sceptic about this rumour [about connecting versions to get characters] in the first place.

EDIT:
You don't actually need both versions. You just get him for free IF you have both versions. Otherwise, he is payed DLC. Nintendo is just, once again, terrible with wording. :laugh:
Has that actually been confirmed though, or is that just what you suspect? I suspect you're right, but that doesn't make it fact. :p

Last edited:

TimidKitsune129

Falling into Infinity
NNID
TimidKitsune129
Has that actually been confirmed though, or is that just what you suspect? I suspect you're right, but that doesn't make it fact. :p
https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/525415360242393088

They mention it's a promotional period, meaning you get him for free only for a limited time. This makes me believe that it will be paid DLC later on. So in a way you're kind of right on the suspect part. :lol: I wouldn't worry too much about that though. I doubt Nintendo would force people to buy both versions only for a character, but I apologize in advance if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Well guys...I guess I was wrong about the dlc idea not coming true. I'm sorry for causing doubt. At the same time though, all of the support I had for the guy really did pay off in the end. <3 My main finally gets his chance again!

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
So how long do you all think until we see Mewtwo in action? By the way they presented him it seems like he is in very early development so I would maybe expect something before the end of the year. I would love for him to get a trailer though. That would be incredible.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
So how long do you all think until we see Mewtwo in action? By the way they presented him it seems like he is in very early development so I would maybe expect something before the end of the year. I would love for him to get a trailer though. That would be incredible.
I can almost guarantee we'll be seeing more from this guy before the year ends. I also expect a little tease trailer to get people excited to purchase him later down the line. His model seems complete, so they may just need to finish animating and balancing him around the cast.

Staarih

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure we'll get glimpses of Mewtwo as days, weeks and months go past, and probably get to know if this promotion holds anything else in it besides Mewtwo.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I'm confused though does it mean we have to register both version by the time the promotional period begins or during it? I literally just signed up for Club Nintendo and registered the 3ds version after the Direct (yes I'm that anxious to get him).

As for when we will see gameplay info via pics or video, I'm hoping by at least the end of January but I'm expecting not till at least March or April with a release date in May since the second MK8 DLC wave is going to be released by then.

The fact that his reveal was nothing more than a model and "yes you guys want Mewtwo we get it so stop asking!" means that they just began working on him for a while now.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a Mewtwo PotD or trailer for the halfway point of her development cycle...

I also wonder if they can finish her early :3

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
So some people apologized to people like @Zipzo a while back for getting riled up at him for telling us what his leakers told him.

My post to Zipzo on page 307 said:
Both your and Neo Zero's sources (if they weren't the same) probably weren't trolling us either; I wouldn't see much of a reason for people to utterly mess with others like that, especially if they've been correct [before] in this case. Couple that with the DLC/crosslinking thing, and they've definitely still got some validity.

They were sure that Mewtwo would be in; to everyone else, they didn't necessarily dictate when Mewtwo would be in. We've assumed the entire time that "we'd all know the full roster before the 3DS version released". This means that there's still the chance that the sources are correct and no one has trolled us (besides Sakurai, of course) whatsoever and everyone is simply jumping the gun. It's probably a chaos befitting of Sakurai's confusion.
NOW DON'T YOU THINK WE OWE THE LEAKERS THEMSELVES AN APOLOGY??

Last edited:

Mechageo

Smash Ace
I wonder how long we'll have to wait for a Mewtwo PotD or trailer for the halfway point of her development cycle...

I also wonder if they can finish her early :3
I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is an it and not a her. Though it does look very girly if you think about it.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
I'm pretty sure Mewtwo is an it and not a her. Though it does look very girly if you think about it.
Mewtwo is canonically an it. Although, always calling it an "it" can feel somewhat disrespectful to some, so feel free to take the genderlessness as a chance to view Mewtwo as whichever gender you want. Even Nintendo called it a "he". Recognize that Mewtwo is still an "it", though, regardless of what gender you view it as due to its voice.

More on the factor of "it": It may have had both male and female voice actors before, but (to avoid getting too... specific) Mewtwo lacks any gender discerning reproductive factors, regardless of telepathic voice; it's a synthetic Pokemon, so still an "it", regardless.

I could have the voice of Victoria Justice but would still be male.

Last edited:

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

Mewtwo is canonically an it. Although, always calling it an "it" can feel somewhat disrespectful to some, so feel free to take the genderlessness as a chance to view Mewtwo as whichever gender you want. Even Nintendo called it a "he".

More on the factor of "it": It may have had both male and female voice actors before, but (to avoid getting too... specific) Mewtwo lacks any gender discerning reproductive factors, regardless of telepathic voice; it's a synthetic Pokemon.

I could have the voice of Victoria Justice but would still be male.
So what your saying is that Mewtwo chooses its gender?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm actually hoping we get a female voice for Mewtwo. ...just because it would an interesting twist. I mean, female additions are a big thing in this illiteration.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Or maybe they will let you choose its voice for those who want either the female or the male voice?

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
So what your saying is that Mewtwo chooses its gender?
No, the correct distinction is that Mewtwo's an it.

I'm just saying that you can choose to view it as being either way if it you think of Mewtwo that way, even though it'd still be genderless, regardless.

I edited my previous post for more clarity.

Last edited:

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace
I would like to have a Mewtwo that's personality is more like the games like Origins, even if it's feminine or not.

Also 6 pokemon Reps and 6 player matches why aren't people grasping this?

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would like to have a Mewtwo that's personality is more like the games like Origins, even if it's feminine or not.

Also 6 pokemon Reps and 6 player matches why aren't people grasping this?
Psh. Mewtwo could go 1v5 against the clowns that stand before him. :3 (and still be bored xD)

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
So...anybody want to speculate on Mewtwo's 8 palette swaps/potential alt. costumes?
I will bet money that just like every single other character in the game Mewtwo will have a white/grey palette and a "dark" palette whatever that may be (dark grey, black, darker purple, etc).

He will also have a reddish, greenish (shiny?) and blueish palette to represent the teams just like every other character in the game.

His palettes will probably only change his tail color while his "light" and "dark" palettes will change his body color to a lighter/darker shade.

That's 5 palettes right there. The remaining 2 could be anything. Yellow is also an extremely common palette color for most characters in Smash, but its not universally shared. That's a possibility. Another possibility is his armor as the last palette.

Once Mewtwo releases you can quote me on this.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I will bet money that just like every single othe character in the game Mewtwo will have a white/grey palette and a "dark" palette whatever that may be (dark grey, black, darker purple, etc).

He will also have a reddish, greenish and blueish palette to represent the teams just like every other character in the game.

That's 5 palettes right there. The remaining 2 could be anything.
Still hoping for a Pink paette to represent Mew. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom