• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
The backwards crawl was too great. Maybe it's just because Hoppip is small, but the animations actually look very fluid, good job.
Considering you can only really animate the leaves on its head, I think you've done a pretty good job. I think they arc a little too far down for the squat, though.
maybe a little :/
thanks x3

shadowsquid86

Smash Rookie
Hoppip looks great! If you need help on his specials, I have some ideas...

B - Energy Ball
Just a ball of green energy. It has mediocre range and distance when first fired, but if charged, it can move over a longer range at greater speed. Damage is constant.

(<>) B - U-Turn
Darts forward in a simple dash attack (green streak effects preferred). However, at the end of the attack, it will reverse and end up at the start. It has a medium distance and low-medium damage.

(v) B - Giga Drain
Similar to PK Shield. Hoppip generates a field of green energy in front of itself. It does no damage, but absorbs health from any energy based attacks that reach it. If possible, have it sap health (damage opponent while Hoppip gains health) when an opponent stands in the field.

(^) B [Ground] - Bounce
Rockets Hoppip into the air. It does minimal damage with nearly no knockback, but is a good getaway attack. Try to put in a sweetspot as well, if it, it actually has great knockback (but same damage).

(^) B [Air] - Aerial Ace
Since Hoppip already has 10 jumps, this attack doesn't have much range. It forms a small arc up and creates a small slash of air that does good damage and knockback.

And if I remember correctly, you already have the Final Smash as Solar Beam.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Hoppip looks great! If you need help on his specials, I have some ideas...

B - Energy Ball
Just a ball of green energy. It has mediocre range and distance when first fired, but if charged, it can move over a longer range at greater speed. Damage is constant.

(<>) B - U-Turn
Darts forward in a simple dash attack (green streak effects preferred). However, at the end of the attack, it will reverse and end up at the start. It has a medium distance and low-medium damage.

(v) B - Giga Drain
Similar to PK Shield. Hoppip generates a field of green energy in front of itself. It does no damage, but absorbs health from any energy based attacks that reach it. If possible, have it sap health (damage opponent while Hoppip gains health) when an opponent stands in the field.

(^) B [Ground] - Bounce
Rockets Hoppip into the air. It does minimal damage with nearly no knockback, but is a good getaway attack. Try to put in a sweetspot as well, if it, it actually has great knockback (but same damage).

(^) B [Air] - Aerial Ace
Since Hoppip already has 10 jumps, this attack doesn't have much range. It forms a small arc up and creates a small slash of air that does good damage and knockback.

And if I remember correctly, you already have the Final Smash as Solar Beam.
wow, that was good attacks :3
thanks x3

The rolling made me lol. The animations as a whole are pretty smooth. There's a number of moveset-related things I want to point out, but that's probably best saved for when that time comes.
if I was you, I should not save them and say what you did point out

Razanak7

Smash Ace
if I was you, I should not save them and say what you did point out
Well, the first thing I noticed is the graphics are huge, borderlining ridiculously big.

Second, the jumps. From what I see in that video, they just don't make sense. The height of it's jump is roughly size the size of it's body, which means that even with multiple jumps, it's vertical jumping power is almost worthless, especially when metal (unless it's over an Alloy, in which case the metal isn't a problem).

Lastly, the aerial control. I know that being able to have high control makes some sense considering the character, but that's overdoing it. I would change the Jump H Initial Velocity to 1, and the Maximum H Air Velocity 2.5. That still gives you that control, but it won't just flop around anymore.

But of course, that's just my opinion. It's your character, so you do what you want with it.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
Well, the first thing I noticed is the graphics are huge, borderlining ridiculously big.

Second, the jumps. From what I see in that video, they just don't make sense. The height of it's jump is roughly size the size of it's body, which means that even with multiple jumps, it's vertical jumping power is almost worthless, especially when metal (unless it's over an Alloy, in which case the metal isn't a problem).

Lastly, the aerial control. I know that being able to have high control makes some sense considering the character, but that's overdoing it. I would change the Jump H Initial Velocity to 1, and the Maximum H Air Velocity 2.5. That still gives you that control, but it won't just flop around anymore.

But of course, that's just my opinion. It's your character, so you do what you want with it.
good to know but still, it is still under development and easy to fix :3

but just to make you sure, hoppip is extremely tiny, almost same size as a mite (enemy from SSE)
and the jumps I have one problem, I want to make his "forward" jump higher like yoshis aerial jump by moving with the Yrot on the Y axle but it does not working, will fix it before release anyway ;)

thank for the tips x3

Razanak7

Smash Ace
and the jumps I have one problem, I want to make his "forward" jump higher like yoshis aerial jump by moving with the Yrot on the Y axle but it does not working, will fix it before release anyway ;)
You could probably use the Character Momentum event in JumpF to make it go higher.

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I have lost some progress. I try following Eldiran's fix, but now Toad doesn't move on the ground. Period. On the bright side, I made a new wait animation.

now he flaps his arms like in paper mario 2.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I just remembered while browsing the OP that I should give a status update:

The Isaac over Ike project with fortwaffles has been canceled. Or, suspended indefinitely. But mostly canceled.

(fortwaffles was going to depart hacking to do other work, and could only be lured back in with fancy new models. And I'm not animator-y enough to do it and would rather work on the likes of Zero.)

If anyone is interested in the assets accrued up to this point, PM me and I'll send it on over. What I have thus far is that Ike's Eruption attacks with vines instead of fire, and Ike's taunts summon a Psyenergy hand that moves forward with a wind effect on it.

EDIT:
@mariorocks64: finally sent you a pm just a bit ago on the matter. I assume you refer to the solution of mine that is quoted in the OP? If so, make sure you uncheck "Moves Character" to make it work.

Fen__

Smash Ace

The Isaac over Ike project with fortwaffles has been canceled. Or, suspended indefinitely. But mostly canceled.

(fortwaffles was going to depart hacking to do other work, and could only be lured back in with fancy new models. And I'm not animator-y enough to do it and would rather work on the likes of Zero.)

If anyone is interested in the assets accrued up to this point, PM me and I'll send it on over. What I have thus far is that Ike's Eruption attacks with vines instead of fire, and Ike's taunts summon a Psyenergy hand that moves forward with a wind effect on it.
This is really disappointing to me, but I guess I expected it. I hope someone will take up the project.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I have lost some progress. I try following Eldiran's fix, but now Toad doesn't move on the ground. Period. On the bright side, I made a new wait animation.

now he flaps his arms like in paper mario 2.
You should really try to get his face working, because this work could be all for not

humble

Smash Ace
Couldn't you replace a graphical effect with his head, then attach the graphical effect to his neckbone and make it always present?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
made one newer video on my hoppip about his animation :3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RisW1SXKAVU

what do you think guys?

@Brawlshifter: can you add my video on the OP? :3 I would be grateful if you did :3
Of course, and great job!

Can Naruto be added to the list?
He will be over Ike and is worked on by Piggybank67, baro, MaRRoK and me.
Alright, adding now.

Alright, thanks a lot for the update. I heard about fortwaffles leaving, but not unti after he came back. I feel left out...

Just repeating my request.
You don't need to repeat requests, whenever I come back from being gone I always check this thread (and most others) starting from the last page I saw before I left, and I also won't just ignore you.

Couldn't you replace a graphical effect with his head, then attach the graphical effect to his neckbone and make it always present?
Yes, using the sword glow event, just like how fortwaffles did Roy's hair.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
It's pretty much the same technique used for Tails and Silver, right?

But...won't his head not be slightly dark like the rest of his body?

EDIT: Vertex hacking Tails was a FAILURE. I'm always thrown into confusion by hexing. I'll just wait until Kryal puts vertex editing in Brawlbox...

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
It's pretty much the same technique used for Tails and Silver, right?

But...won't his head not be slightly dark like the rest of his body?

EDIT: Vertex hacking Tails was a FAILURE. I'm always thrown into confusion by hexing. I'll just wait until Kryal puts vertex editing in Brawlbox...
Das Donkey Team Vertex Box, download it.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Yeah, I got it, but I just don't know how it works with Anim8or.

I don't have 3dsMax, and the video tutorial only shows how to do it with 3dsMax, not Anim8or.

SuperMasterHand

Smash Journeyman
I have a question
How can we change the Alloys face and name in Battle
Cause pf/info/portrite/InfFace621.brres doesn't work
And what file for the name ?

I have an other problem with my custom character,when someone grab him,it is very glitchy and the screen is messed up with textures

My character is Master Hand over Red Alloys (all animations and attacks finished on Brawl box and SA,I just need to make the alloys guard,escape and special)

EDIT: did someona made a code which could replace the character icon by another
Because the Master Hand's icon is already in game
So remplace Red Alloys Icon by Master Hand Icons

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
PROGRESS MADE

Toad will now go over Olimar

I have turned Olimar's antenna into Toads face. Also the red light can be put to use. I can use it to brighten up toad. I just need to know how to move the face in the right spot. Plus, Toad is now the same size as Peach's meatshield Toad.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
PROGRESS MADE

Toad will now go over Olimar

I have turned Olimar's antenna into Toads face. Also the red light can be put to use. I can use it to brighten up toad. I just need to know how to move the face in the right spot. Plus, Toad is now the same size as Peach's meatshield Toad.
Yay! Now you just gotta move it to the right spot and win :3.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Unfortunately, I don't know how. Brawlbox didn't help much. Do you know how to move his face to the right spot? If so, you win!
I think you'd have to move the antenna bone to fit where his face is, as an animation... If not, you could attempt a vertex hack of his antenna, if it's connected to his head in the same vertex set.

felixsrg

Smash Cadet
My Isaac project is still being worked on, I'm having some troubles with the PSA but Melic67 is working on the animations, I hope he send me some soon.

I really liked the fortwaffles's Ike-Isaac sadly he decided to stop it.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Every char deserves their own stage.

And this is Tails' stage.

Using his FS here looks ridiculous.

Kinda off-topic, though.

Anyway, I'm finishing up the f-tilt (a clap), up-smash (
) and a mess of other things.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
Every char deserves their own stage.

And this is Tails' stage.

Using his FS here looks ridiculous.

Kinda off-topic, though.

Anyway, I'm finishing up the f-tilt (a clap), up-smash (
) and a mess of other things.
omg looks awesome dl?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Weegee that's ****ing beast. If it's finished, can't wait to use it. If it's not, I'll patiently wait.

Nice to hear progress on Tails too. Can't wait to play with him. :3

By the way, anyone else looking forward to seeing Sonic, Tails or any other char that'll be made playable clash against or alongside Klonoa? I sure am. XD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
^^ Prolly when Tails is released. Looks awesome though, I really need to get that clone engine.

Top Bottom