• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fµlly Nëw Chàrácter Archive

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'm using Toad's model from Mario and Sonic at the winter olympic games. Too bad I have to make my own animations.
I'm still looking forward to the release of it when it's finally complete. Might I suggest placing it over Olimar? The seem relatively the same size... Unless you're already doing that, in which case, ignore me :D

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Hey brawlshifter just wanted to ask if you could put on the OP of the thread that the "Klonoa Group" which is me, StarWaffle, and some other people are working on Klonoa.

Yeah i made a post awhile ago, it says over luigi but we switched to lucas, not that it matters all that much :D

mariorocks64

Smash Journeyman
I'm still looking forward to the release of it when it's finally complete. Might I suggest placing it over Olimar? The seem relatively the same size... Unless you're already doing that, in which case, ignore me :D
I'll try to test out Olimar, because I wanted to give toad special moves. If it works, I will give credit to you for the idea!

Should I make a thread for Toad?

Revven

FrankerZ
You shouldn't ever make a thread unless you've really got it working in Brawl properly (meaning no graphical glitches), you have SOME moves done to prove you WILL actually complete the character, and ... only if BionicSonic says it's okay.

We don't need clutter, keep everything here until you have something stable and has actually quite a bit done with it.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Very nice work! I can't wait to combine these animations (the above one and the others I've heard about) with material-fixed Zero and get crackin'.

We don't have any beta available for download, unfortunately. Even if we had it together, I think we might wait to release a mostly finished product (haven't checked with my other members on this).

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Very nice work! I can't wait to combine these animations (the above one and the others I've heard about) with material-fixed Zero and get crackin'.

We don't have any beta available for download, unfortunately. Even if we had it together, I think we might wait to release a mostly finished product (haven't checked with my other members on this).
I see I see. Well, I'll be eagerly awaiting it's release!

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
It's BigSharkZ, KuroBit, Bluz, Fireking, Dhragen, Razanak7, and me.
Alright, thanks.

Hey brawlshifter just wanted to ask if you could put on the OP of the thread that the "Klonoa Group" which is me, StarWaffle, and some other people are working on Klonoa.
I added you the last time you asked.

Alright here's the people then: Shock44(me), StarWaffle, Emeril127, ChiboSempai, TaroNuke(not sure if that's his name on this forum, but it's his username on MSN), blacklink66.

Also this person isn't part of the project but I should credit fortwaffles for helping me change the bone indexes.
Alright, thanks for the full list this time.

Put me on the list! I'm doing Toad over green alloy
No you're not. His model only has 5 bones.

I'm using Toad's model from Mario and Sonic at the winter olympic games. Too bad I have to make my own animations.
Oh, never mind, then. Good luck!

Yeah i made a post awhile ago, it says over luigi but we switched to lucas, not that it matters all that much :D
Oh, you made that post, I thought Shock did.

arge srry forgot to change it here, heres the actual video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6lPIWrzO3LM&feature=player_embedded

The video before had the wrong music
Very nice.

Very nice. The only thing that's kinda weird lookin' right now are the tentacles in his wait animation... They just kinda flap everywhere. I think they should move slower, but that's just my input.
That's actually how they're supposed to be.

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
OK, Tails is coming along fine. I just the the dair, where he spreads his arms and legs out like his down R in Sonic Advance 2.

Suggested by Oni4Kage.

fireking220

Smash Rookie
Pretty good, but you should try to smooth the animation of the arms. If you follow them, you'll notice a break in the animation.
I am aware of that, its pretty diffcult to fix since I took part of his enter animation from his brres file and it just happened that the part where I cut it off at had a bunch of keyframes lol but with the newest brawlbox I should be able to remove those without that dam bug occuring where it gets rid of all the keyframes within that frame from all of the bones

Bynine

Smash Cadet
Just wondering.. in the history of Brawl hacks, has a fully completed character ever been made?

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
well does cloud really count? cuz he's not really a different character, just Ike with vertix edits and a PSA'd moveset... I don't think any model swapped characters are complete yet... but yeah as stated, some are near completion

Fen__

Smash Ace
well does cloud really count? cuz he's not really a different character, just Ike with vertix edits and a PSA'd moveset... I don't think any model swapped characters are complete yet... but yeah as stated, some are near completion
"Just vertex edits". It's pretty much a new model considering how much it's been changed.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
"Just vertex edits". It's pretty much a new model considering how much it's been changed.
don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to degrade the amount of work put into that project, I'm a big of it and I approve of it.
It's just that it's not really a model swap so thats why I it doesn't really qualify, but whatever I guess it can be considered a model swap idk...

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to degrade the amount of work put into that project, I'm a big of it and I approve of it.
It's just that it's not really a model swap so thats why I it doesn't really qualify, but whatever I guess it can be considered a model swap idk...
It doesn't need to be a model swap, just a model, and that shows just how much people read the OP. I guess I should change the title too.

DoB04

Smash Journeyman
my apologies then. Yeah I guess cloud is the closest one to completion then, since I heard he's even getting his own sound effects

Mario_Frek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MPacHD
Nice work! Out of curiousity, what glitches are you having?
I'm having some glitches with her walk cycle. Not the snapback effect, but she stops moving when her animation ends, then starts moving once it loops. It's hard to explain, I'll make a video of it sometime. There are also some glitches with attacks, but those are mostly just me being too lazy to fix them. Also the usual "glitch out when grabbed" thing.
I hope the debugging goes well and that we'll be able to see a download soon.
Thanks for taking an interest. Yeah, I should have most of them ironed out soon, except the walk cycle glitch. That may take a little longer.

fireking220

Smash Rookie
I'm having some glitches with her walk cycle. Not the snapback effect, but she stops moving when her animation ends, then starts moving once it loops. It's hard to explain, I'll make a video of it sometime. There are also some glitches with attacks, but those are mostly just me being too lazy to fix them. Also the usual "glitch out when grabbed" thing.

Thanks for taking an interest. Yeah, I should have most of them ironed out soon, except the walk cycle glitch. That may take a little longer.
ahh tha running/wlkaing glitch... thing. To fix that make every frame attached to your transN bone keyframes.

Mario_Frek

Smash Rookie
NNID
MPacHD
ahh tha running/wlkaing glitch... thing. To fix that make every frame attached to your transN bone keyframes.
Ah, thanks. I'll try that soon and edit this post with the results.
Edit: Thanks, Fireking, it works now! I just have to finish fixing the attacks and then I'll post a download.

Top Bottom