• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo East: The East Coast Championships (May 25-27, 2007) *All Information updated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Err... well, I haven't registered either. But I definitely won't get there at 9:00. Any suggestions?

Does anybody, for instance, want to register me and have me pay them back on Friday when I actually get there?

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Wait... 9:00 am? I'm probably not getting there til two.

If it's 9am, then I'm in the boat with wobbles... /looks at cactuar/m2k

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
This sucks....looks like I cant go cause I wont get back in time from work to "emergency register" today. My crew and others like hayato cant make it in time either. Looks like this tourney is gonna lack some good NE smashers oh well. Lame see you all at pound.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
You know guys, according to the schedule you can still register tomorrow morning. Unless that's wrong if you didn't register today it doesn't mean you can't enter.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Yeah but you have to get there at 8AM to play a tourney that starts at 4. And there are no friendlies so thats pretty gay.

If there are friendlies please correct me.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
I've been wondering about that too. I want to show up at like 12ish to play lots of friendlies but it's really unclear whether or not we will be able to have any.

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Also I cant find that schedule on the site. The only thing I could find was the schedule that said emergency registration was on friday. I couldnt find the one that mentioned it being on saturday. And it says they are taking "a few" entrants at the door. Is there like a contact person for this ish?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well I found the schedule on Shoryuken, so that's where it came from. I'm trying to ask the people there for information...

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Well I didn't get much of a response on shoryuken but it sounds like the BYOC area is always open and you can just come anytime and do friendlies. I'll probably get there 12:30ish...

D1

Banned via Administration
Well I didn't get much of a response on shoryuken but it sounds like the BYOC area is always open and you can just come anytime and do friendlies. I'll probably get there 12:30ish...
BYOC means bring ur own console so hope to God there's free TVs+Cubes for ya'll to play on.

Sowwiez I won't be there v.V.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
Evo was fun, but not enough tvs for friendlies and there was only one tv for warmups so everyone's first match was their warm up... Nice meeting all of you/playing all of you!
Current brackets for tomorrow's finals... I think: I left right before everything finished.
Winners:
M2K vs Forward
PC vs Cort or Cactuar
Losers: Most of these are unknown at the point in which I left but there should be 4 left and my guesses would be between the following.
Inui
Chu
Cort or Cactuar
Wobbles
Dire

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Cort beat Cactuar and Chu beat Wobbles. I think Dave beat Dire too but I don't know if that was a friendly or not.

I'll post shoutouts and whatever after the tournament is over....

kiwiii

Smash Lord
awesome, did we finally see a pro ic's ditto?
heard there were lots of wobbling going on :p gay
musta been hectic on the screen -__-
wobbles won the first, it was close the second, and chu ***** the third?

good luck to the top 8 today :o (wtf inui? o_o)

captain smashie01

Smash Journeyman
heard there were lots of wobbling going on :p gay
musta been hectic on the screen -__-
wobbles won the first, it was close the second, and chu ***** the third?

good luck to the top 8 today :o (wtf inui? o_o)
well thats the thing, the only character the ICs cant chaingrab is themselves, so it must be a pretty weird matchup...
do we get videos of this?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
well thats the thing, the only character the ICs cant chaingrab is themselves, so it must be a pretty weird matchup...
do we get videos of this?
There's a lot of other characters they can't chaingrab either unless you count the edge handoff stuff. If you DI the down-throw dair correctly you can usually jump out of it before the regrab.

I'm pretty sure there's not going to be any videos. I didn't see any VCRs recording SSBM matches.

NusCirtap

Smash Ace
West Hartford, CT <3 Asian Cuteness Level: 10
People had camcorders recording matches but I dunno when they would be putting that up, it'd be on evo I'm pretty sure, though only some of the matches were recorded. Even though time ran out on Cort vs Chu, even if it was 8 mins instead of 6, chu was at around 100% and cort was like 20ish% and chu only had one climber. Inui also beat wes on third match by running around until time ran out at the end. LOL

kiwiii

Smash Lord
^ I don't think she cares about ic chain grab. just a feeling. Bluedeath
is hot.
LOL
yea sorry
wobbling is clearly a lot different from cging.. and about 1.2x more gay

lalalallaalallajdl;adjf.

rofl@inui camping to win
coward! :p

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't know if I qualify as a "pro."

But it was really fun getting to play such an intense IC ditto. I didn't see Chu infinite anybody as much as he infinited me XD

I also ended it with an airdodge into FD (boo!), but my Nana was dead and I think it's better that I died like that then getting on the stage and losing to my namesake move. ^_^ It was a really fun set though, even with everybody chanting "Chu! Chu! Chu! Chu!"

I kinda wish I qualified, but no real qualms about losing to M2K and Chu. I just wish I didn't have to play them one after the other >_> But it was good times, nonetheless.

Although it's safe to say that M2K pretty much destroyed me.

A full shoutout list... at another time.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i miss watty... =o what an amazing tournout i cant believe wes lost kids the best in the world waths happened'?! i see alot of timeout matches :o must be intense

Rasalas

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if i should be asking this, but if anyone has any information about Lord HDL on the tournament please reply or PM me if its considered spam.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
i dont know if i should be asking this, but if anyone has any information about Lord HDL on the tournament please reply or PM me if its considered spam.
Lord HDL was there using Marth mostly (either that or someone was using his tag >_>). I think he lost to Dave in the losers bracket. I'm not sure who put him in losers though.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah, he uses Marth most of the time now. Do you know how early on the tournament he got eliminated?
I'm not too sure but I think it was like 3rd or 4th round in losers, since the HDL vs. Dave match was one of the later ones. Dave was put in losers immediately by Wobbles by the way.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Would this be the first recorded Icy ditto tournament match in Smash community history?

I kid you not, I've literally pondered for YEARS what that matchup would look like (I've never seen it -- even in friendlies).

From the sounds of it, it met the expected astronomical levels of f@ggotry I've conceptualized throughout my years of pondering. Hopefully they were in fact recorded...

-SynikaL

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Yeah, IC dittos are really crazy and disorienting. At one point in my match vs. Wobbles, he grabbed both my Popo and Nana simultaneously and they both did down-throw at exactly the same time. It looked really funny:laugh: It's also just really funny match in general. At one point he was wobbling me while my Nana was still alive, and it took like 5 seconds for Nana to break me out because she kept running into the f-tilts.

I had a hard time watching Chu vs. Wobbles since the crowd was so huge but I'm assuming it would just be a more intense version of what I had.

xHayatox

Smash Lord
results:

1st. Hayato
2nd. M2K
3rd. PC
4th. Cactustuar
5th. Cort
6th. Forward
7th. Chu
8th. Dave
9th Inui