• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Everything You Need to Know About Pikmin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
Hilt's chart should def. be in here, that was really helpful to me and others for which stage to pick against which character for a certain Pikmin type, like Yellow against Marth, some Olis pick Frigate.
Done.

Sorry for my long absence. I'm back, and was wondering if anyone had anything else they'd want to see in this guide. Remember that it is pikmin-intensive, and I'm not going to stray to far from that topic, but I will certainly look into any requests.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Quite helpful indeed...

Now, when you say that when you B-stick and that you lose the ability to boost a hyphen smash, do you mean the hyphen smash in general or overall. I b-stick with Lucas and if you try to buffer a SHU-air you'll always get an U-smash, and when you hold Z-down, it' will charge. (although Lucas should never have to use this)

Llumys

Smash Champion
Hilt's thread lacks a few of the general things this thread covers.

If Hilt adds the missing information, I'm sure this won't be needed anymore.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
I will admit that my thread has been here for a long time, and Hilt is a much more active member of the board than me. Honestly, I'm honored that my guide has been stickied this long... years... I really miss when I had the time to dedicate every evening to finding out things about Olimar, and when I was more passionate about this game. It sort of hurts to be thought of as "phased out," but at the same time, I'm not that active here anymore. Dang but I miss it... all of this college crap has pushed everything else out of my mind.

I don't mean to be clingy or nostalgic, or selfish and defend this thread just to keep my name stickied. I do think, however, that this thread is quite good for starting Olimainers--a good, pretty much peer reviewed set of basic info that isn't too complex or overwhelming. Hilt's guide looks wonderfully in depth, and I definitely think it deserves its sticky, but I could imagine a newcomer being a bit... taken aback by how incredibly in-depth Hilt's stuff is. I don't know, perhaps I'm just being selfish--perhaps there aren't many new Olimainers on the boards these days, either... I wouldn't know.

I really do miss this community though, and I will always be an Olimainer. I'd be interested in getting involved again, perhaps sleep a little less, smoke and drink a little less, and help out some more and stop soaking up recognition posthumously (lol I don't even know if I get any recognition these days).

I'll look into setting up a killchart with average DI resistance one of these days (if this hasn't already been done).

Other than that, I'd just like to say to all of the old Olimainers that I haven't forgotten you, and I hope that all of the oldies have avoided board lethargy better than I have!

Denti

Smash Master
i agree kyas! I'm serious you nailed it, this chart helped me the most when i was starting up a year or so ago. It's easy and basic, the most relevant powerful and stuff to know when studying the olimar basics. *highfive* lol

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Haha, the main reason this thread has stayed stickied is because it's served as a basic reference thread for the Olimar Boards for those that are new. My thread was originally going to be a replacement for it but I instead turned it into a research thread. It's highly possible I may change that though and shift the direction my thread goes a bit soon, changing it from just being about mechanics of pikmin, to being everything about pikmin instead, mechanics and the basics. I haven't updated the thread yet since I've made it, so I may make that choice then.

Even if this thread does end up unstuck, you should still come back to the community Kyas. I wouldn't normally have my guide replace it alone, considering mine would definitely not be for newcomers, as you stated, but with Fino's guide for Olimar, I think that area is covered well enough. I don't know, I'll see what I do and where things go after awhile.

Good to see you again though Kyas :D
Show up more!

Noa.

Smash Master
Kyas, I really would hope for you to come back. Even if you don't know who I am, know that I would also appreciate you returning.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
ahh kyas it has been a while since you were active, just don't forget the power of the pikmin and it's all good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom