• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[EVENT OVER] Santa Barbara Gamefest! (Saturday, April 17th)

LuCKy

Smash Master
you can take out analog stick boxes and switch them with other controllers. i did that to change the weirdly loose one in my white one and now its freakin awesome.

huy i have a bunch of old controllers so i can take a look if you want
how did you do this?? O.o lovage would be the happiest man ever if its possible lol

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
sheen said:
brawl results should include top 5
I agree. But as I said, I am not in charge of brawl, so how quickly I can get that info to you depends on another person.

Melee brackets uploaded to results page.

EDIT: Special thanks to all you guys for dealing with my inexperience with running tournaments. I'm sure it was a frustrating process, but there was frikkin pizza and cake. So ya'll lucked out.

"Are semis 3/5?"
"Wtf? I don't care"

"Is brinstar banned?"
"Yeah. I'm afraid only counter stages are blah, blah, blah, blah, and brinstar"
"You just said brinstar"
"Oh. I thought you said corneria"

DanteFox

Smash Champion
I really appreciate everything gosusheep. This tournament was a lot of fun. I only have one teensy tiny itty bitty recommendation for next time: have semis in the singles bracket be 3/5 in order to be consistent with the doubles. other than that, everything was perfect.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Dante,

It should be the other way around. Semis should be 2/3 for doubles. As said in a previous post, the actual rules of the tournament were "3/5 for LF, WF, and GF" but someone asked "3/5 for semis?" and I was concentrated on something else, became more stupid than I already am, and answered "OH YE. FERSHER. YAYAYAYAY GOGOGO." So I had to keep it that way for the rest of doubles.

Btw, what constitutes a member as a "Tournament Director" ???

DanteFox

Smash Champion
you have to go into your profile and activate it. they ask you to link them to the thread of a tournament you've hosted. once approved, you get a shiny blue name.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Results thread on AiB please?
I'd love to know who I played & won against, and how far I got in the little time I had before I had to forfeit and leave the Brawl tournament.

:]

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
What does AiB mean?

Also, as I've said multiple times, I don't have access to the brawl info. I'm getting it. It will be posted once I have it.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@Not_As_Gosu_As_Me_Engineer,

I did use Tio. Check out the results page.

I have no intention nor desire to post anything on any website other than this one.

$heen

Smash Ace
@Not_As_Gosu_As_Me_Engineer,

I did use Tio. Check out the results page.

I have no intention nor desire to post anything on any website other than this one.
Just because Neal is from CalPoly and brawl sucks doesn't mean AIB is a bad site for results.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
I'm not committing treason on SB, but I must say:

Gishnak has a ****ing lethal fox. he doesn't know, but I've signed up for fox-training lessons after dantefox teaches me how to moonwalk.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
he's got that socal training.

that's what happens when you travel to tournaments, which is what slo has over sb. Their community may be ridiculously small, but at least they have a spirit of competition, which is more limited in sb.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?

Gishnak has a ****ing lethal fox. he doesn't know, but I've signed up for fox-training lessons after dantefox teaches me how to moonwalk.
he's got that socal training.

that's what happens when you travel to tournaments, which is what slo has over sb. Their community may be ridiculously small, but at least they have a spirit of competition, which is more limited in sb.
How should we increase the level of competition in SB? :confused:

D

Deleted member

slo barely goes to tournaments, they are simply too far away for most

R00R

Smash Journeyman

What a noob, cant even moonwalk. I bet you cant even ledge cancel.
I need to go back to the SBCC rec room and show you and all the half ******** kids in there that they suck at melee.

This summer.......... you!

/Handbanana

Top Bottom