• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[EVENT OVER] Santa Barbara Gamefest! (Saturday, April 17th)

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@DrAwesome,

Where do you live? (Don't need address just yet, PM me that if you want)
And what time are you willing to get there? I plan to get there VERY early (around 8am), so if you're willing to go that early, then I can easily give you a ride.
Also, what are the details of your setup? CRT TV? Gamecube? Wii? Memory card with full stuff?

I imagine my brother or perhaps another smasher would be willing to give you a ride if 8am doesn't work for you.

You can check the OP (original post) for who we expect to show up to the tournament, but I highly believe more people will come than are listed there. That's why we need lots of setups.

Anyway, I'll ask again just for clarity. The 3 answers I need from you are:

1.) What vicinity do you live? IV? Somewhere in Goleta? Etc.
2.) What time are you willing to go?
3.) What precisely can you bring setup-wise?

DrAwesome

Smash Journeyman
@GosuSheep

1. Santa Ynez apartments (just outside of IV)
2. Uh preferably not at 8am but I was expecting to go sometime before gamefest starts
3. I can bring a CRT tv (of decent size), a cube, disk and memory card with everything.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
@DrAwesome,

It is possible that I can pick you up after 8:00am after setting up stuff calms down. Please give me a time that you can commit to and I'll let you know if I can do it.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Just making sure, you are the same David from our smashfest at the CCS building a couple weeks ago? If so, I have your number and I'll give you a call on the day of for any time I can come git you.

Also, if another rides comes up, let me know or I'll let you know if I find one.

LuCKy

Smash Master
just from looking through the thread is there any idea how many attendies there will be for melee? and anyone good play street fighter ?

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
There will prolly be 15-30 people playing melee. It's hard to tell because a lot of people that show up don't use smashboards.

My friend Tino is a god as SF4.

There will also be several pro brawl players and tekken players.

GosuSheep

Smash Journeyman
We will likely start doubles at 1:00pm and do singles right after that. If no one wants to do doubles, we'll just to singles at 1:00pm. The entire event ends at 9:00pm. When will singles end? That's really hard to say. Could be 4:00pm, could be 6:00pm, could be 9:00pm-.-

CableCho57

Smash Lord
If this thing start a little past 1 I think I might be able to make. Perhaps you can start the brackets and try to postpone my match as much as possible? That would be pretty awesome

huy I think my friend Juan might take me or the bus.

DanteFox

Smash Champion
If this thing start a little past 1 I think I might be able to make. Perhaps you can start the brackets and try to postpone my match as much as possible? That would be pretty awesome

huy I think my friend Juan might take me or the bus.
thisthisthis.

do this for me too please. I can make it, but I might be a lil late. It'd be great if you would not dq me.

r3d d09

Smash Master
I have a friend in chino on a trip with no internet access at the moment that wants to go to this. He needs a ride but will help pay for gas.
If someone could call him
and help him. It would make him way happy.

Call his phone if you need details.
His name is rj. 8018150145

CableCho57

Smash Lord
you can take out analog stick boxes and switch them with other controllers. i did that to change the weirdly loose one in my white one and now its freakin awesome.

huy i have a bunch of old controllers so i can take a look if you want

Top Bottom