• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enter The Darkness: Dark Samus Support Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Says the person that made a Dark Pit thread and kept insisting that it could be viable.
Stop bellyaching and get to the point; why on Earth do you believe Dark Samus is "pretty identical" to normal Samus?

Oh & I think u may have trolling us the whole time since u voted for Dark Samus in that poll thread. GG. :troll:
???

I don't see his vote there.

D

Deleted member

Says the person that made a Dark Pit thread and kept insisting that it could be viable.

:phone:
I never said Dark Samus nor Paper Mario couldn't be different.
Just that it's hypocritical to denounce Dark Samus for "being like Samus", yet apparently not thinking the same for Paper Mario, who is literally just Mario in a paper form.
Try harder.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Metroid Wiki, not Wikitroid. Don't support Wikia when there's an alternative.
Wikitroid is the Metroid Wiki, just like Halopedia is the Halo Wikipedia.

Actually he is right there, while Dark Pit is characterized as smarter and more aggresive, he is almost an exact copy. But during the boss battles, he is said to use a variety of differrent waeapons.
http://kidicarus.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Pit

D

Deleted member

Not only that, but Dark Pit can easily be a Luigified Pit rather a Clone Pit if he uses his boss abilities.
No one complains about Luigi so what would be the problem?

But that still doesn't change the fact that Habanero denounces Dark Samus by name, yet acts as though Paper Mario is completely different, which is hypocritical.
Dark Pit has nothing to do with this, as like Paper Mario and Dark Samus, he can be easily different. The only reason why he's been brought up is because Habanero has no argument and thinks he can call me out on a moot point.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord

I don't even think that Dark Pit is a very good pick,that I know this^^^ is just wrong.

Because atleast,Dark Pit came from some different dimension from a mirror,Dark Samus is a different thing looking like Samus.

While Paper Mario is Mario,not a "Different Mario" or something,it's just Mario,in the same world,in the same body,Paper Mario can't even meet Mario,unless going in front of a mirror.

Dark link is even more his different character.

Golden,if it can make you happy,i'm starting not to care about Dark Pit being the same,as long as any character have different colors to not start confusion,and different animations i guess they'll be "different".

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I was referring to this one. Not Wikitroid, which is part of Wikia.
Meh, some of those character pages on that wiki lack plenty of the details that the Wikitroid version of the pages have.

assosiaan2014

Smash Rookie
Well since Metroid is the one of two of the original smash games not to have a second rep. And since the only two characters that are present in multiple games that could be playable, it makes since that it would either be Ridley or Dark Samus. It will probably be DS because of all the arguments of Ridley being too big, even though he stays the same size in most of the games, when Bowser has gone from a little bigger than Mario to the size of a building. But there are still the arguments that she will be just a clone. Everyone just wants to say no because 99% have never played a metroid or multiple metroid games enough to see the potential

I think that Ridley wouldn't be a good character for SSb4, mainly because he was a boss from SSBB and he'd be probably too big and bulky to work. I just can't see it happening. However, if they maybe add some characters from Metroid Prime Hunters, that may work as well. They could add in Trace or Sylux or somebody who they can make a decent move set out of. Of course not many people have probably played Hunters, so who knows. Just my opinion

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I think that Ridley wouldn't be a good character for SSb4, mainly because he was a boss from SSBB and he'd be probably too big and bulky to work. I just can't see it happening. However, if they maybe add some characters from Metroid Prime Hunters, that may work as well. They could add in Trace or Sylux or somebody who they can make a decent move set out of. Of course not many people have probably played Hunters, so who knows. Just my opinion
It wouldnt be that hard to size it down, technically speaking, Olimar is the size of a quarter and Kirby is 8 inches tall, they could make it work

If they had to cjoose some one besides those two, i'm voting for Rundas from Prime 3

assosiaan2014

Smash Rookie
It wouldnt be that hard to size it down, technically speaking, Olimar is the size of a quarter and Kirby is 8 inches tall, they could make it work

If they had to cjoose some one besides those two, i'm voting for Rundas from Prime 3
Oh yeah, Rundas would be pretty awesome. Or Gandrayda, but I dunno how they'd give her a moveset at all.

I suppose they could easily size down Ridley, but I think it just wouldn't feel right. If they were to add a new metroid character, definitely Dark Samus, or even Rundas/another from Corruption.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Oh yeah, Rundas would be pretty awesome. Or Gandrayda, but I dunno how they'd give her a moveset at all.

I suppose they could easily size down Ridley, but I think it just wouldn't feel right. If they were to add a new metroid character, definitely Dark Samus, or even Rundas/another from Corruption.
If it was from Prime 3 it would have to be Rundas because Ghor is a giant mech, you cant change that, he would just be too bulky, and Gandrayda, all she does is throw thos disk things at you, turn invisible, and morph into other characters. Actually that could work, it would be like Kirby except that you actually transform into them for say, 10 seconds?

But Rundas would be awesome, he shoots those ice balls at you, he freezes you with weird cloud things, he rides his ice path, his creates those ice spikes traveling in a line on the ground, he creates the armor, and he also has weird ice claws on his hands. All in all, it could work, but this is about Dark Samus.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Meta Ridley in Brawl, model wise, actually wasn't too bad, you know. The wings may need to be re-scaled a bit, but really, even in Smash, Ridley was never extremely large.

Not that that matters, considering his size was never his defining feature.

EDIT: Woah. I thought this was the Ridley thread for a minute...

assosiaan2014

Smash Rookie
If it was from Prime 3 it would have to be Rundas because Ghor is a giant mech, you cant change that, he would just be too bulky, and Gandrayda, all she does is throw thos disk things at you, turn invisible, and morph into other characters. Actually that could work, it would be like Kirby except that you actually transform into them for say, 10 seconds?

But Rundas would be awesome, he shoots those ice balls at you, he freezes you with weird cloud things, he rides his ice path, his creates those ice spikes traveling in a line on the ground, he creates the armor, and he also has weird ice claws on his hands. All in all, it could work, but this is about Dark Samus.
Agreed, we should save this discussion for a thread supporting Rundas. If you make one (which I recommend you do, you'd do it well) I'll join it willingly.

Back to original business, Dark Samus would be pretty awesome. The move set posted at the very beginning looked very well thought out and accurate, however the only point of concern I have would be the Down-Special move, Dark Echo. I just feel that it would be a bit cheap to spam, especially if you are on the stage at the same time your Echo is. Your thoughts, anyone?

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Dark Samus is a largely unexplained character, this presents lots of possibilities in the way of abilities and characteristics.

And let me think a little more on Rundas, it would take some thought.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Hey guys! This is a little bit late in coming but Dark Samus is on the chopping block. If you support Dark Samus, go to the Rate and Discuss Thread! As of right now, Dark Samus is getting fairly low prediction scores (some as lower than 1.0). The discussion phase will begin in a few hours so please bring your A game in defending dark Samus! There are many naysayers who think DS will just be a alt costume or a clone but let's show them just how unique DS can be! Even if they deny DS can be unique or that she can become a playable character, we will still support her!

So I ask for all those that support DS or Metroid in general, to bring all your sources and information into the discussion phase and begin defending our loveable phaaze psychopath!

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
I've prepared my wall of text. Ready to fire at will commander!

And I still find it hilarious that more people think Krystal is a good option, while saying they hate Dark Samus. Fourth Star Fox character (A girl whose movesets are all based on Fox's from Starfox Adventures) in a minor franchise that is already overrepresented with three overly similar characters? NO SHE'LL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUYS.

Metroid, an underrepresented franchise, getting a character who has shown a lot of unique abilities?

NO HE'S TOO BIG AND OUR HEADS ARE ALREADY EXPLODING FROM THE SIZE PARADOX OF FOURSIDE

NO SHE'S JUST A CLONE BECAUSE HER NAME IS DARK SAMUS

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
I've prepared my wall of text. Ready to fire at will commander!

And I still find it hilarious that more people think Krystal is a good option, while saying they hate Dark Samus. Fourth Star Fox character (A girl whose movesets are all based on Fox's from Starfox Adventures) in a minor franchise that is already overrepresented with three overly similar characters? NO SHE'LL BE TOTALLY DIFFERENT GUYS.

Metroid, an underrepresented franchise, getting a character who has shown a lot of unique abilities?

NO HE'S TOO BIG AND OUR HEADS ARE ALREADY EXPLODING FROM THE SIZE PARADOX OF FOURSIDE

NO SHE'S JUST A CLONE BECAUSE HER NAME IS DARK SAMUS
Start up Hypermode and charge up you blaster, get ready to fight for the right of Dark Samus to be in SSB4.

D

Deleted member

Careful with drumming up the troops there Venus. Make sure to not use the thread to increase Dark Samus's chances of getting in the final product since this is a game for this board after all.

Treat it like that and bad things happen to this thread. Not trying to discourage you or the supporters here (myself included) just remember that this is a game and won't affect the roster.

However, you'll need to convince me that Sakurai will see Dark Samus as meeting the uniqueness criteria. While Dark Samus does meet all four criteria, Sakurai noted his similarity in the Brawl trophy description, so unless he has picked up Prime 3 and played it for longer than 10 minutes, he's not going to agree. Succeed and I'll put him in my rigurous character pool.

DarkSouls

Smash Apprentice
Careful with drumming up the troops there Venus. Make sure to not use the thread to increase Dark Samus's chances of getting in the final product since this is a game for this board after all.
???

It's an internet thread. Everybody knows that it's not going to affect the final game, especially since it's a game made in Japan by a guy who infamously doesn't mind flipping off the internet community.

Treat it like that and bad things happen to this thread.
Why are you so serious? We're joking around.:) It's what they do in every character thread. See: King K. Rool, Ridley...

However, you'll need to convince me that Sakurai will see Dark Samus as meeting the uniqueness criteria. While Dark Samus does meet all four criteria, Sakurai noted his similarity in the Brawl trophy description, so unless he has picked up Prime 3 and played it for longer than 10 minutes, he's not going to agree. Succeed and I'll put him in my rigurous character pool.
Sakurai added Ganondorf as a Captain Falcon clone and made Wolf a unique character. He gave Zero-Suit Samus a whip out of nowhere when she was just a Samus clone in Zero Mission (Funny how most people ignore that she literally played like a terrible Samus in that game). He gives the finger to predictability.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace

Well i'm pretty sure Sakurai wrote the trophy description, so of course he doesnt know that much.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Treat it like that and bad things happen to this thread. Not trying to discourage you or the supporters here (myself included) just remember that this is a game and won't affect the roster.

Oh I understand. However, unlike K. Rool and Ridley, Dark Samus is fairly controversial and has a minuscule fan base compared to the aforementioned. I was just encouraging members to put forth good arguments in how DS can be implemented in Smash. Especially concerning the early prediction votes.

Thanks for thr heads up, SSBF. We won't cause any problems.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
Oh I understand. However, unlike K. Rool and Ridley, Dark Samus is fairly controversial and has a minuscule fan base compared to the aforementioned. I was just encouraging members to put forth good arguments in how DS can be implemented in Smash. Especially concerning the early prediction votes.

Thanks for thr heads up, SSBF. We won't cause any problems.

Actually, a lot of the Ridley supporters also support Dark Samus, i support both.

And no offense SSBF, but your picture makes me want to punch you in the face

D

Deleted member

TheJohnMonster said:
And no offense SSBF, but your picture makes me want to punch you in the face
Heh, I could see that. But I will say that it's Astro Boy sleeping.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
ridley comes first, but dark samus definitely strikes me as the best candidate for a third metroid character. i thought she would just be a samus clone as well, until i actually played Prime 3 and found that she really has no common ground as far as potential moves. she just does so much that samus herself can't.

TheJohnMonster

Smash Ace
ridley comes first, but dark samus definitely strikes me as the best candidate for a third metroid character. i thought she would just be a samus clone as well, until i actually played Prime 3 and found that she really has no common ground as far as potential moves. she just does so much that samus herself can't.
You my good man, have seen the light, or the dark? If only all the critics could play the game and learn the differences.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
After finally completing my copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, I'm done. Now I'm inspired to do another Prime stage concept. I've already planned on redoing my Skytown Elysia stage concept, but before I do that, I'd like to do something special and exclusive for this thread.

Phaaze! The freakish, sentient homeworld of Dark Samus and all of the Phazon in the universe. A poisonous blue world bent on corrupting anything and everything. The design is not exactly inspire the most cuddly of feelings, but then again, nothing in the Metroid universe really does. Except for El Pollo Ridley... Maybe...

The background of the design is what anyone could expect from an alien world filled with all kind of blue nightmarish organisms and structures. Deep underground blue tentacles and appendages slowly drift back and forth in the backdrop. The walls, saturated with strange alien growths induced by Phazon radiation. Phazon crystals and pools can be seen all over the place, even the rare orange Phazon makes its appearance within Phaaze. The creatures living inside the caves are no less, well, alien. Phazon Metroids fill the air, burrowing through tunnels throughout the walls within Phaaze. A special guest makes their appearance, Aurora 242. Playing the part of "Parasite Queen" for this stage, AU 242 looms in the backdrop, observing what is transpiring on the battlefield. Perhaps waiting for an opportunity to corrupt the players...

Now, for the stage itself. The stage is knock off, for starters. Large chasms exist to the left and right of the stage. Considering how creepy the environment, probably don't want to be knocked off here... The stage itself is broken into three layers; two larger platforms at the top, one smaller platform in the middle, and a large surface like platform with Phazon at the bottom. If that sounds confusing don't worry, that is what the ASCII example is for. The two large platforms at the top are the standard, fall through, alien organism fare type platforms. The middle platform below is smaller, rock like platform that can be made to crumble with enough damage. In this stage the most important feature is what is at the bottom. Phazon.

Just like in the Metroid Prime games touching Phazon will result in burning/poisoning. Any unfortunate player who touches the bottom will proceed to gradually accumulate damage (1% per second, maybe) that will become slightly faster the longer a player is atop the Phazon. When a player is stuck it's imperative to get to the middle platform. However, if the opponent is calculating they'll want to destroy the platform, causing the player to leave themselves open by trying to reach the top most platforms.

Although it is no lava, the Phazon will hurt just as bad if a player is not being careful where they step...

Stage Example:
...........___...___
................._
xxxxx----------------xxxxx

Stage Name: Phaaze
Stage Icon: Metroid Symbol

Home Stage: Dark Samus

-Tracks-
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Phaaze
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Dark Samus
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption - Rundas
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Emperor Ing
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Quadraxis
Metroid Prime - Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Title Theme
Metroid Fusion - Sector 4
Metroid II: Return of Samus - SR388
Metroid Prime - Opening/Main Theme (Brawl)
Metroid Prime - Vs. Parasite Queen (Brawl)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - Multiplayer (Metroid Prime 2) (Brawl)

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Phazze is the best place for Dark Samus's home stage.

Nice stage concept & good music choices. I really hope Metroid gets fair treatment this time around.

MelMoe

Smash Journeyman
Fingers crossed.

Other M will most likely get a stage & I'm hoping to get a stage from Corruption. Sanctuary Fortress & Phendrana Drifts would make nice stages as well.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Fingers crossed.

Other M will most likely get a stage & I'm hoping to get a stage from Corruption. Sanctuary Fortress & Phendrana Drifts would make nice stages as well.

Glad someone besides me feels that way about those places being stages too.

Out of curiosity, where'd you get that first image Star, or where did it come from? The creature in it kinda reminds me of that multi-armed snow beast (no official name) here and there from Phendrana Drifts who was cut as a boss. As for that list of Prime tracks, pretty sure they would also include the Meta-Ridley theme since it was used in Brawl like those last three.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Glad someone besides me feels that way about those places being stages too.

Out of curiosity, where'd you get that first image Star, or where did it come from? The creature in it kinda reminds me of that multi-armed snow beast (no official name) here and there from Phendrana Drifts who was cut as a boss. As for that list of Prime tracks, pretty sure they would also include the Meta-Ridley theme since it was used in Brawl like those last three.
Wikitroid. Apparently it's official artwork. Typically I don't unlock the art packages on my Trilogy game, so I'll take their word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom