• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Full Metal Jaguar BLADE Captain: Elma [Smash DLC] *No XCX spoilers, please!* 37 Days Until XCX!

Should Elma appear in Super Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS?

• Total voters

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
They're uploading a world exploration video at Friday, at 8am EST. It's not a Direct but at least it's something.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Meh... Elma needs more support! I really think Elma is a strong contender for the next Smash game. I mean, doesn't she look bad*ss?

Some alternate costume ideas:

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Meh... Elma needs more support! I really think Elma is a strong contender for the next Smash game. I mean, doesn't she look bad*ss?

Some alternate costume ideas:

Considering we got swim trunks Shulk, I'd consider that middle one a strong contender.

D

Deleted member

If by chance X's gonna get a rep by DLC or for 5mash, Ithink it will be between Elma or Cross the avatar.

Exactly like a Chrom VS. Robin bis.

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Naturally people always go for the protagonist regardless of their opinion on the character even if there is no rule for what X character has for their role in their game of origin. I wonder how many people actually like X character as a character and not for their role in their game of origin. Does being "muh protagonist" make people genuinely like them and find them interesting and want them in a gigantic crossover game or are they just following their own fan-made rule of "protagonist gets top priority because bias"? I for one would rather have characters I actually like rather than this "muh protagonist" mentality or "muh number of game appearances" or "muh number of games on Nintendo platforms." I'm disappointed that people don't support characters as actual fans of X character and only have these unwritten rules and "muh reasons, prioritizes, etc."

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
We don't know if Elma is really important to the story, she looks more like a side-character like Tharja and Impa than a main character.
Not sure if you closely follow Xenoblade Chronicles X news or not, but a lot of things suggest that she is important to the story. Not like Tharja and Impa. I think you're hugely underestimating her importance.
If you do not wish to be spoiled, then don't read any further.
Elma is a playable character and is literally the first person you meet when you begin the game. She is a/the team leader of BLADE (a private military organization) who has a lot of connections to other playable characters, such as Irina and Guin being her subordinates when they lived on Earth. A lot of the cutscenes shown so far has featured Elma in some way. And she has also been featured in many official artworks.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
We don't know if Elma is really important to the story, she looks more like a side-character like Tharja and Impa than a main character.
She looks like a required Party member, that's pretty leagues above Tharja and Impa in terms of screen time. If Xenoblade Chronicles is anything to go by, she's a main character.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
That's literally the first thing I did when the Direct ended. LOL. I've already made a thread on GameFAQs in the XCX thread.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Already cast my ballot for her.

...You know, is it technically a duplicate vote if I vote on behalf of another person, such as oh, I don't know, a family member who doesn't really care? I may convince myself to cast a few more. ;)

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice
Hey look awesome artwork:

Elma doing her best Shulk impression while the other guy (Cross maybe?) is doing a generic sci-fi cover pose which looks familiar...

Although that was one of the intentionally ridiculous ones.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
It would be odd if based upon both the Villagaer and Robin, the default version of the main character gets in over Elma.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Any idea for Elma's Final Smash? I can totally see her jumping into a Doll and wrecking the stage, much like Bowser's Final Smash.

Weeginji

Smash Cadet
I was thinking more along the lines of her calling in Cross in his/her mech for support fire while she remains active. Kinda like Pit's FS in Brawl except cooler.

More specifically, Cross flies in in a Doll and essentially functions as a personal stage boss for Elma. They periodically fire huge energy beams and homing shots, slash at anyone who comes close, and occasionally rush across the stage with a flying sword stab. Attacking them can reduce their duration time, but they won't flinch, and Elma is still active the entire time to set you up to get hit.

Alternatively, if it proves too difficult to get them to fit on every stage, they can just hang in the background and do basically the same things.

Last edited:

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
http://gfycat.com/NaturalNervousCoyote
Elma's Sword Beam is amazing, it did a lot of damage to that Crab monster.
Also, her beams look like Ichigo's Getsuha Tensho's.
She can replace Ichigo in Super Smash Flash 2! :troll:
Any idea for Elma's Final Smash? I can totally see her jumping into a Doll and wrecking the stage, much like Bowser's Final Smash.
But which design should the Doll be?

upload_2015-4-9_11-46-49.png
I would pick the Red one because it matches Elma and red ones go faster.

Last edited:

Senatiator

Smash Apprentice

A Doll/Online Multiplayer Direct has been uploaded. Where can I get one of those?

Pallex

Smash Journeyman

Hiroyuki Sawano has published in Japan a teaser of the Xenoblade X Original Soundtrack.

Lao Chimera Telethia? Oh my god. Lao gets turned into a Telethia like Kallian in Xenoblade confirmed...

Lao, nooooooooo!!!! :(

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I wouldn't be against Elma in smash at all but I want KOS-MOS or Fiora more. Elma is pretty awesome though. I watched all the directs of Xenoblade X but now I will be avoiding spoilers like the plague once it is out in Japan.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Go Team Elma! <3

Caution: .gif in the spoiler tag below!!

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Booyah! Have you played the first game? Looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles X?
I have indeed played the first game on the Wii and I enjoyed it a lot which is one of the reasons why I supported Shulk's inclusion for Smash 4.

I haven't got a Wii-U yet, but I've been keeping a good eye on the trailers and I'm loving every aspect of Xenoblade Chronicles X.

So I'm still hopeful of getting a Wii-U at some point and Xenoblade Chronicles X is definitely on my list.

Abade

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to know much of the plot, for the sake of a fresh experience.
So you are basing your arguments on nothing but your own ignorance and unwillingness to be knowledgeable about Xenoblade X? This sounds like Trolling. Are you trying to Troll and trying to flame this thread? Did I read that right? I genuinely believe you are just trolling this thread and trying to get a rise out of people for kicks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think you're making too much of a big deal out of this, I'm excited for Xenoblade X and a big Chronicles fan too. That was a little mean dude. :(

By the way supporters, how has Elma's role changed as of recent, is she a very integral part of the story now?

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
I think you're making too much of a big deal out of this, I'm excited for Xenoblade X and a big Chronicles fan too. That was a little mean dude. :(
By the way supporters, how has Elma's role changed as of recent, is she a very integral part of the story now?
I don't know why he attacked you. It was a bit harsh, especially as a first post. :/

I dunno. The cutscenes shown so far seem to place a strong emphasis on Elma and two other characters (not sure if you know them, but I don't want to risk spoiling you). But Elma seems to be the most prominent compared to the other two based on the bits of cutscenes I've seen.

Last edited:

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
Elma is the heroine of the story just like Fiora was in Xenoblade Chronicles. However, I don't want to know her importance until I get to play it myself. Starting April 29th (JPN release) I am going dark on anything Xenoblade X.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Elma is the heroine of the story just like Fiora was in Xenoblade Chronicles. However, I don't want to know her importance until I get to play it myself. Starting April 29th (JPN release) I am going dark on anything Xenoblade X.
I'm also going on a media blackout once the game hits Japan. It's going to be a long, torturous wait. T_T

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Just made a poster for Elma using Gimp!

I hope double-posts aren't against the rules here... Then again, it's for the sake of humanity.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
That is a really awesome support poster. I think I'm going to make one for KOS-MOS, lol.
Do eeet! Please do show it if you ever make one. :D

KOS-MOS is one of my favorite characters from Xenosaga.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Elma's confirmed class is FullMetal Jaguar and her two unique arts are Shadow Strike and Ghost Stage.

Plus, Japanese magazine Dengeki (HERE) has a 50 page "guide". Gessenkou and iYakku did some translation, including some gameplay details and the first five or six chapters (which I haven't looked at).

Also, Famitsu's score for XCX is 34/40. It seems their main complaints are: too many cutscenes (which should assuage any fears of the game having no story. To me, that's actually positive.) and not helpful in-game tutorials (Dengeki stated the opposite, saying that learning everything is much easier than XC).

Top Bottom