• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC Event #4 - GameUnicon 09: S.N.E.S. Tournament - August 2009 - MA

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Did you really just call Jake "Blue Death"?

I haven't heard that name in forever. I occasionally let a "Blue" slip, but never the full thing.

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
ahahahahahha
ahahahahahahahahah
ahahahahha

most people dont even know that name anymore
I like it when im called OmegaBlueMage
its cute
<3 Matt

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Yeah, Matt, look into Tufts and Northeastern, maybe Wentworth? Basically anything in Greater Boston that has an established campus, and is pretty close to the train. Hopefully it won't be as expensive. Also, since it's in the summer, maybe you should ask about housing in the dorms?

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
whats important is

this will be the biggest tournament of all time

and will be renamed

MLG presents FC Fast Pound: Ohana 0C42X
Sounds like a car.

Questor, for now I'm going to stick with asking if we even can rent the rooms. Dorms and such will be taken into consideration later.

Also, **** people and their new tags. Original tags > All others.

I sometimes call you OmegaBlueMage.
Old tags ftw
<3Jake

Frames

DI
That actually helps a lot, Frames.
Blackmage and Blue Death both gave me some tips on what I should ask for. I was thinking it was like some professional ****, but if I consider what you said it's pretty relaxing.
no prob

what also helps is if you actually go to the college, or know people that do, the building on campus that was willing to rent to me actually offered discounted rates if i was with a student organization, and by a lot too, so ask around see if maybe you can get one of the clubs to sponsor you

Hack

Smash Journeyman
I ran into Jake wandering around Anime Boston a few years ago and said "Aren't you Blue Death?" and he said "yes." and then hid in his box and shuffled away.
LOL win

isn't there a way to claim that we're a registered association, and thereby get partly sponsored?

in Sweden we have something called "Swerock", and they sponsor a lot of associations connected with TV-games, Live etc. as long as the association qualifies as such (there are some standards, like taking protocol, have registered members and so on). Does anything like that exist in the states?

just an idea on how to (partly) solve the financial issues.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I don't think anything like that is around here.
Maybe G4 but it's a loooooong shot.

Getting this on TV would be amazing but I really doubt it would happen.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
If you're feeling EXTRA bold, you can try asking Nintendo for some money, who knows maybe they'll put you in nintendo power like they did for FC3.

You can make an account here https://nintendo.sponsorwise.com/Login.aspx and try your luck.

I actually filled one of these out, and it took a while, nintendo never got back to me though :(
i bet on the form or whatever you use to ask them for money, if you say its for brawl only and that melee is dead they'd probly give you moneyz

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
Is there at least a range of dates you are/aren't looking at? By the end of the month I'll just have to pick a random week to spend with my family, and I'm sure there are more people in a similar situation.

Faab

Smash Ace
So how much would it cost to get from ohana to this tournament, just checking the options.

Edit, was meant for the champ combo thread. -_-

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Or suck their ****.

Also the date I constantly tell venues I contact is July 17-19. If that weekend is taken I go for the week directly after it.

pockyD

Smash Legend
it's still not good enough for him to buy a ticket

it's not relevant if it's narrowed down to two weekends; it needs to be a specific date to be helpful =\

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
-_-
Anyway I just called up a few colleges and left messages about it. I'm going to call them each back on Thursday in hopes of talking to someone if I have no callbacks by then.

Top Bottom