• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EC Regional Event #1: XI.E.S.T.I.C.L.E. Results

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
Fun times everyone. Looking forward to next time.

I was Siyko in singles, and team Double Dragon in teams - i played metaknight.

Shoutouts:

UnknownForce - Thanks for the team casuals - we completely made the decision to switch to Snake/MK based on those few games, and that helped us out a lot. I want to do some MK 1v1 dittos next time, need more practice with that.

OmegaBlackMage - your **** gay man watcher... I really want to learn that matchup better, because every one of our fights is embarrasingly one sided. No offense to SJake, but it was you who beat us in doubles, your **** was scary.

Solid Jake - Fun matches - It's unfortunate you don't get much comp, because it shows in your game... where are you planning on getting your apartment? I think someone siad worcester area, which isn't too far from me, and we're always looking for more in the crew.

Catfight - Haha, I really love your Daigo-esque motionless face during your matches. Your play also reminds me a lot of Street Fighter, so I gotta wonder if you play those games as well. Fun matches in teams, I can't remember them exactly but I know they were close.

Cort - You seemed all pissed off during the tourn, but Memphis says thats just your way... either way, thanks for the casuals near the end - even though we only played a few matches, believe me I took away a lot of improvements from that. Congrats as well.

PC Chris - I don't like your hair.

Nintendude - I feel like a moron because I was talking **** right before our match, and you undeniably beat me. Way to rep the ice climbers, wish you the best of luck in the future.

Hayato - Your snake is very different... I want to play you some more. Also, Memphis said your main is Kirby? I don't believe it.

Anyone I missed - you weren't memorable - your fault

==

I'm always looking for more people to play with - if you're in or near the Lowell area, give me a ping, we get together pretty often.

Atlantis

Smash Cadet
Dang, im so mad i missed this tourney, i was planning on going until i had to take a friggin police exam, oh well there are other tourneys in CT i can go to, and this would have been my first ever too :(

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Catfight - Haha, I really love your Daigo-esque motionless face during your matches. Your play also reminds me a lot of Street Fighter, so I gotta wonder if you play those games as well. Fun matches in teams, I can't remember them exactly but I know they were close.
It's very interesting that you say this because I've said in the past that I treat Brawl like Street Fighter II (not turbo). More and more people are mentioning this to me when I play. Both having a motionless face when I play, and that my playstyle seems like I'm playing Street Fighter - haha.

Alas, yes, I play SFII and Super Turbo amongst my friends quite often which seems to have rubbed off on my Smash playstyle. I don't mind it. :"D

Can't wait for SFIV! I might be headin' up to MA to meet up with Chris for CAT4... do you play SF as well?

Anywho, yeah... good teams matches. :"}

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
It's very interesting that you say this because I've said in the past that I treat Brawl like Street Fighter II (not turbo). More and more people are mentioning this to me when I play. Both having a motionless face when I play, and that my playstyle seems like I'm playing Street Fighter - haha.

Alas, yes, I play SFII and Super Turbo amongst my friends quite often which seems to have rubbed off on my Smash playstyle. I don't mind it. :"D

Can't wait for SFIV! I might be headin' up to MA to meet up with Chris for CAT4... do you play SF as well?

Anywho, yeah... good teams matches. :"}
Hah, it's not a bad thing at all.. it's very scary to fight SF-style zoning.

I play lots of fighting games - I am very very good at Super Turbo, MVC 1, and decent at third strike, cvs2, ggxx, mvc2, etc. Also used to be very good at Virtua Fighter, but retired from that recently.

I'll have to ask Chris what CAT4 is... and I can't wait for SF4 either.. although the new characters haven't done much to hook me on them yet... I'll probably end up playing Zangief or something.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Shoutouts time!

Unknownforce - You're a really cool guy and I'm glad we got lots of matches in at the end.

Swift - Good seeing you again buddy.

Awsmsean - Thanks for teaming. Epic comeback was epic.

Phish-it, Sol, Ky - I realized that I never even really played any matches with you guys besides the tourney set with Sol =( I want to come up to Mahopac one of these days.

PC - good stuff as always.

Cort - Sucks about the migraine or whatever that was but you owned everyone regardless lol. Next time we have to play some co-op Stadium >_>

Levi - Thanks for all the support!

Solid Jake - Your Squirtle is ridiculous lol. Keep on repping the Pokemon Trainer.

omegablackmage - You really wrecked me in our tournament set....I'm gonna have to figure out some stuff to do vs. G&W. Fun matches all around though!

Emmy - We never played any singles matches =(

Roga - That Wolf is pretty scary.

Cat Fight - wtf that money match was toooooooo close! We can definitely rematch next time.

----

Jeez New England really is Snakeland >_> Coming into this tournament I was afraid I was just gonna lose to a bunch of Snake players cause I really hate fighting him. I suppose I figured out the matchup pretty well though.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
He used to do do Gamebattles....and his record was really good. Hes been playing but just has not popped his head in much.
I played it for like a couple weeks lol.
I've been in the Melee scene for a long time but it seems nobody knew who I was back then either >_>

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
SiYkO, where'd you get the idea to use the name Double Dragon? Because that was the team name Darc and I used at the last ESTICLE and we placed the 3rd as well.

The Dragon

Smash Journeyman
/subscribe

ok time for shout outs were to start...

ICW?!/ Dominic:
Yah what can i say but good times, you are def a cool dude and we should hang out more, Captain Falcon dittos were amazing, and we should def double falcon in teams in the next tourney(keep the team name a secret though its too amazing). Oh yah, how could i forget, the best thing about our friendlies, Water Gun + Falcon Pwnch = Amazing.

OBM:
Playing your G&W that early in the tournament was not planned lol you deffinitely spankd my pit around, good matches when i counter pickd Diddy though, they were deffinitely intense. i still hate you for picking battlefield lol. I think im going to take your advice and main someone else. Pit is just to hard to win with. We deffinitely need to play again sometime though.

PoFfy:
Fun friendlys dude, yah pit has officially been droppd which sucks hardcore cuz my pit is very sexi.. Still deciding who it should be but Diddy is among the top 3 choices. Also nice shiek ditto was fun.

Beast:
I agree with ICW the captain america shirt was awesome. And your DK is awesome that stage spike pisses me off everytime. Also had some fun friendlies too, good times man.

To everyone i missed, sorry but im too lazy to write anymore so had fun, nice matches and c you all next time, when maybe ill place better with a decent character next time...

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
SiYkO, where'd you get the idea to use the name Double Dragon? Because that was the team name Darc and I used at the last ESTICLE and we placed the 3rd as well.
because some people would get the 'bimmy' and 'jimmy' reference when we named our chars that

it's not a very unique team name though

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
rofl, we even did that in a couple of games too.

and we used it as a last resort because we couldn't think of anything better or more unique

then cort manually changed it to the superior "Dazwa I'm Darcin' Bout" in the results thread.

but yeah, lol bimmy jimmy

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
haha wow, that's really clever and really lame at the smae time

in any case, this was regional, which means we get full rights to the name, right??

better than team Buttpoop last time...

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
yeah, if you guys want "Double Dragon" it's all yours. we switch team names every tournament anyways

memphischains

Smash hhkj'
well, ok

Maine + Lil - where the **** where you, no johns
Solid Jake - oh hai
PC - gay pogo sticking with ganon
Cort - I'll never lucas the same again
Icantwin - Falcon dittos soon
ASL? - lol @ pointing out post... ya pric
SiYkO - Best Sonic ever... ya pric
Mdrn - My back is broken from carrying you in teams >__>
Cat - Graze ftw, we should def team. Whats our name though? EC GRAZE?
OWM - Good to finally meet you, let me know the deal with that ****
OBM - if you didn't watch and/or hear, I triend playing G&W agaisnt cat fight in tournement with your style and i got 4 stocked.... so.... fml. It was good to see you agian, we should pop some **** off when you in the area
POF - nice yellow shirt
Guy that played ROB and used a Wiichuck - I forgot your name, but good friendlies
Nana - Wheres Popo

I'm sure i forgot someone, but, eh

Cat Fight

Smash Lord
NNID
NoGoodEndings
Cat - Graze ftw, we should def team. Whats our name though? EC GRAZE?
OBM - if you didn't watch and/or hear, I triend playing G&W agaisnt cat fight in tournement with your style and i got 4 stocked.... so.... fml. It was good to see you agian, we should pop some **** off when you in the area
Beat you so bad I took off an extra stock (4)? lololol

*shrug* @ team name. Doesn't really matter to me, although it prob should be Graze related... I can't check the thread anymore.

< Membership gone. ;~~~~;

BEAST!!!

Smash Rookie
We gatta do some freindlys Nana

I like your place style Nana, we gotta do Friendly s sometime, maybe at Cats.

BEAST!!!

Smash Rookie
Sounds good wes, We need to start playing alot, not just the weekend of each tourney: )

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
*shrug* @ team name. Doesn't really matter to me, although it prob should be Graze related...
***s n bags
halfro ninja
chris and co
problem child
2much4u2do1thing
ASKLJ and QPOWE
2dudes1butt

thats all i got

xHayatox

Smash Lord
i dont care my ike is sick :) haha yes i dooo main kabi but i hate fighting MKs with him because im so slow vs mk that i cant do shiet specially againts sonic who just hit and run away like a little girl.

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
Per order of results, i'll omit you if i didn't play/talk to you, sorry guys!

1 Cort (Snake) - i really need to play you in tournament, good talkin to you
2 PC (Snake) - i took a game, im getting closer. its really all about avoiding that uptilt
3 Omega Black Mage (Game & Watch) - do better next time
4 Nintendude (Ice Climbers) - best icies i've seen so far, stick wit em, you'll be whippin my *** in no time. i really like your style.
5 Unknown Force (Metaknight) - gw dittos were too fun. really close second match... way to intense, great games and friendlies, hope to see you soon.
5 Sol (Snake) - i really hate having you in my side of the bracket all the time. i wanna play your ddd sometime.
7 Roga (Toon Link) - toon link? wolf? you guys whooped us in teams, we were expecting an epic fight but you guys never made it to us. tis a shame.
9 Hayato - snake will always beat mk... lol. kits got to be bustin more sheilds with marth...
9 phish-it - get the dk jab lock down its too good
13 Icy Light - best olimar in NE for sure, i heard you beasted pc a bit? too good!
13 Prince of Fire - next time, i will show you more gw wrath, i got more tricksies in my book now vs mk.
13 Solid Jake - don't be too hard on yourself, we'll def need to practice more soon and get you back in shape.
17 BEAST - spacing with that dk is just way too good. you were hitting me with back airs where i never thought it possible, and that forward smash? every time... every time
17 PRiDE - yoshi release grabs vs unknowns metaknight were just nasty.
17 Siyko - luigi's mansion better be banned now b/c of you lol. we'll play soon.
17 Swift - good seein ya, good luck pickin up the gw, hit me up on aim if you have any questions.
25 omegawhitemage - gettin better all the time, we'll play soon. too good
25 Memphis Chains - no happy birthdays in teams = loss for sure.
33 JV SMooth - good teams matches, good seein ya, come to cip, we'll play more.
33 Baka - diddy is so annoying! your strat was working too well ha ha. good playin ya. find me at the next tourney, we'll play some more.
33 ASL? - im just too much of a ***** lol. great teams matches.
33 Nana - ike? **** thats gunna be hard to learn but good luck if you go through with it. we'll play at cip

mark - good teams matches, brinstar ***** us. you need to enter singles moar.

-Nana-

Smash Journeyman
Haha I'm not gonna use Ike I main Marth but I will probably switch to Falco or DK. Depending on the character I do well enough with Ike though, he held up pretty good against your G&W. GG.

BEAST!!!

Smash Rookie
Ya OBM you did tend to get caught by those charged forward smashes: ) You gave me a beating in game 3 tho,your G&W is too much......looking foward to playing you at the next tourney.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'm putting up team matches of OBM and Solid Jake now. I don't know who half these people are that they played against, though. So if anyone can identify yourselves, that'd be appreciated.

My Youtube is linked to my sig (click the picture).

SiYkO

Smash Apprentice
I'm putting up team matches of OBM and Solid Jake now. I don't know who half these people are that they played against, though. So if anyone can identify yourselves, that'd be appreciated.

My Youtube is linked to my sig (click the picture).
Thanks!

4, 5, 6, 7, are Siyko (MK) and ASL? (snake)

Top Bottom