• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ebargo lifted: What are the unlockable stages?

MajorMajora

Smash Ace
If anyone knows what the unknown stages are, they can be revealed now that the embargo is no longer under way. If you see a video detailing it, please post it in this thread.

Naglfarii

Smash Journeyman
boring tbh. at least the stages I already knew about look pretty awesome

the8thark

Smash Lord
If anyone knows what the unknown stages are, they can be revealed now that the embargo is no longer under way. If you see a video detailing it, please post it in this thread.
I was told the embargo is lifted on the 21st. And it's not the 21st yet. So I wonder who is right about this.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Cool. Now that stages are out of the way, GIVE US THE MUSICS!

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
Only 46 stages? I hope the storm of gamers rushing to cancel their pre-orders doesn't cause a major traffic crisis tomorrow.
Considering Brawl had 41 and a crapton of the Wii U's are returning stages, yes, this is awful.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How about how to get :4wario::4rob::4duckhunt::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4falco: Without doing vs matches?

I only have dr mario (beat any master order ticket doesn't matter on diffculty)

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Considering Brawl had 41 and a crapton of the Wii U's are returning stages, yes, this is awful.
Well considering they had to make two games at once and divide exclusive stages among the two, how bad is it now?

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
Really? that's all?
With all of this embargo vids and the occasional "ups we can't show that" I got myself overhyped. At least I was wishing dor Dreamland 64. Oh well I think it's my own fault but I digress. This game looks amazing, Friday won't come soon enough.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
How about how to get :4wario::4rob::4duckhunt::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4falco: Without doing vs matches?

I only have dr mario (beat any master order ticket doesn't matter on diffculty)
Dr. Mario is unlocked by playing a Master Order ticket.
Falco is unlocked through classic mode (presumably he takes Ness' unlock requirement while Lucina takes Falco's old requirement of beating classic mode with no continues)

Stage unlock requirements for those curious are:
Flat Zone X: Break 100 blocks in Trophy Rush as Game and Watch
Duck Hunt: Get 1 KO in Cruel Smash
Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Smashville are unlocked by beating specific events
No idea on Pac-Land

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I'd be more disappointed if it weren't for DLC stages. I'd be very surprised, especially considering games like Mario Kart and Mario Golf, if we didn't get new/returning stages sometime down the line.

Master Jelly

Smash Cadet
Given that they had to work on 2 games and it wasn't delayed a crap ton like Brawl was, it seems like a pretty good stage roster. Keep in mind that there will probably be DLC that will make up for the lack of new stages.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Sure the stage choices at the moment are a little underwhelming...so many past stages...but I'm happy that Congo Jungle is back.

I am hoping for some DLC packages including new stages.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
6 unlockables is bit underwhelming, but there's DLC soooo yeah kinda pointless to be mad about something like this.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
We literally could've gotten any stage back from 64 and it would've been better than Kongo Jungle. Gah I hate that stage. Visually at least.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
It is a shame there aren't any more stages than those. I feel like there are too many returning stages instead of new ones. Heck, Brawl had more new stages than the Wii U version. I guess though if one owns both versions of the game, the amount of stage content is way more. Still, I wish there was at least one more N64 stage considering Congo Jungle 64 set a precedent for having N64 stages back. Lastly, Captain Falcon and Ness got shafted for having no new stages on the Wii U version.

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
Town & City, cool! ..... Smashville, wtf? Why.

Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8), omg amazing!!!! ..... Mario Circuit (Brawl), wtf. What in the actual ----

I mean seriously, what IS THAT.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
We literally could've gotten any stage back from 64 and it would've been better than Kongo Jungle. Gah I hate that stage. Visually at least.
I...

I can't even respond to this. It's the only visually appealing 64 stage!

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Hell, I really wanted HD Magicant, but we do have a ton of stages, even if a quarter are reused from the previous games, I'm happy :)

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
Dr. Mario is unlocked by playing a Master Order ticket.
Falco is unlocked through classic mode (presumably he takes Ness' unlock requirement while Lucina takes Falco's old requirement of beating classic mode with no continues)

Stage unlock requirements for those curious are:
Flat Zone X: Break 100 blocks in Trophy Rush as Game and Watch
Duck Hunt: Get 1 KO in Cruel Smash
Kongo Jungle 64, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Smashville are unlocked by beating specific events
No idea on Pac-Land
I'm guessing the rest have the same requirements as they did I'm the 3DS version(regarding the unlockable characters).

Pac Land I think you have to do something with Pac Man. No clue

Last edited:

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Lastly, Captain Falcon and Ness got shafted for having no new stages on the Wii U version.
Like it or not, F-Zero and Earthbound are both dead series. One new 3DS stage each seems more than fair, especially seeing as current series like Donkey Kong and Metroid got nothing in that version.

AIM0001

Smash Lord
It is a shame there aren't any more stages than those. I feel like there are too many returning stages instead of new ones. Heck, Brawl had more new stages than the Wii U version. I guess though if one owns both versions of the game, the amount of stage content is way more. Still, I wish there was at least one more N64 stage considering Congo Jungle 64 set a precedent for having N64 stages back. Lastly, Captain Falcon and Ness got shafted for having no new stages on the Wii U version.
New Pork City would have been a welcome return now that 8 player smash exists. Is this really confirmed? Is there really only 6 unlockable stages? Makes me wonder why we have 2 Mario Kart stages and two Animal Crossing stages that look the exact same. What a waste of 2 stage slots.....Shame

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Also if we're still looking at character unlocks, Dark Pit has a different requirement. I've seen people beat Classic Mode 3 times and he doesn't show up. No one shows up for that matter.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Like it or not, F-Zero and Earthbound are both dead series. One new 3DS stage each seems more than fair, especially seeing as current series like Donkey Kong and Metroid got nothing in that version.
But it'd been nice if they ended up sharing their 3DS stages.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Also if we're still looking at character unlocks, Dark Pit has a different requirement. I've seen people beat Classic Mode 3 times and he doesn't show up. No one shows up for that matter.
I still don't get why people unlock it the hard way now, considering that Vs. mode unlocks characters stupid fast. Unless they changed that in the Wii U version. I would be rather upset if they did that.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
I still don't get why people unlock it the hard way now, considering that Vs. mode unlocks characters stupid fast. Unless they changed that in the Wii U version. I would be rather upset if they did that.
Killing two birds with one stone? You'll unlock the character's classic trophy and make progress on unlocking characters, other trophies, customs since you can't transfer them from what I heard, and other stuff. Makes sense to me.

Last edited:

RIP|Merrick

Absolute Trash
NNID
Merricktherox
3DS FC
4339-2630-2726
It was to be expected really. Some gaming journalists and other sites with the game have cited that there wouldn't be an insane amount of remaining unseen stages and given supposedly all six of them were leaked through multiple outlets prior, it shouldn't really come as a big surprise.

That being said, I'd say we have a great variety of competitive and fun stages that will keep us busy. Plus with the stage builder and the possibility of more DLC stages like the upcoming Miiverse one, us Smashers have quite a bit of variety this time around! Bit of a shame old popular ones like Dreamland 64 and such didn't make the cut, but eh, no worries. :)

Edit: I said supposedly at first because there was no solid prove of them being the only unlockable stages but then I found this.

So there ya have it folks.

Last edited:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
If there are DLC stages, then there should be more N64 stages coming, Congo Jungle 64 being the only returning 64 stage would just be plain weird.

The past stages I'd want as DLC would be

Super Smash Bros. 64:
Peach's Castle (yeah, yeah)
Dreamland
Mushroom Kingdom
Sector Z

I'd only want Hyrule Castle and Saffron City if they get updated in design

Super Smash Bros. Melee:
Great Bay
Fountain of Dreams
Mushroom Kingdom II
Poke Floats

Jimray3

Smash Rookie
wait .... 46? but only 41 (42 if you count miiverse) are known so far. So that must mean 4 more stages!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Town & City, cool! ..... Smashville, wtf? Why.

Mario Circuit (Mario Kart 8), omg amazing!!!! ..... Mario Circuit (Brawl), wtf. What in the actual ----

I mean seriously, what IS THAT.
At least Smashville is justified since it's one of the best stages ever. Mario Circuit on the other hand... get that **** outta here.

Munomario777

Smash Master
3DS FC
0387-9596-4480
Switch FC
SW-8229-3157-8114
I'm guessing the rest have the same requirements as they did I'm the 3DS version(regarding the unlockable characters).

Pac Land I think you have to do something with Pac Man. No clue
In the 3DS version, Pac-Man's stage (the arcade Pac-Man one) is unlocked by using his final smash a few times, so I suspect it might be the same here.

Top Bottom