• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ebargo lifted: What are the unlockable stages?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
46 stages and no Bowser's Castle, Planet Wisp, Magicant, Sunset Shores, Metroid Prime Stage, so yes, this is pathetic.

Not to mention no Rainbow Road 8.
What'd you expect when half the development went into making a portable demo=???

The resources and time got stretched thing because of another gimmick. It's like the SSE problem (where over half the development went into a mode no one plays; this time the "mode" is Smash 3DS) all over again, except this time we paid twice as much money ($100 vs. $50, sans the cost of a GCN controller adapter), and that's not including the added marketing gimmicks.

Additionally, it doesn't help that the past stages picks were basically "tl;dr: we don't care." Because if they cared about the stage choices, Yoshi's Story/Yoshi's Island Brawl > Yoshi's Island Melee, Mute City > Port Town, and PS1 > PS2, and no, don't give us 75M and Bridge of Eldin, give us Dreamland 64 and Hyrule Castle.

And before anyone says "but stage builder", stage builder sucks. Excite Bike has a better stage builder, lol. We won't get a real stage builder with real diverse stages added until the quality hacks start coming out in 2 years, unless of course there is DLC.

But hey, this has been the story of Sakurai ever since post-Melee. Everything has to be a (marketing) gimmick that compromises the quality of the final product... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Smallgenie549

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Smallgenie549
So don't buy it then.

Between speaking with your wallet or your entitled mouth only one actually does any good.
What if I've bought it through Amazon and it's already shipped (the $100 GCN bundle - that's a hard load of cash for a video game)? That makes me a consumer, and I've got the right to voice my criticism. That being said, this game is still going to be brilliant. I love Sakurai and his work to death, and to quote him: "I've never made a game". It'll be fun, but the lack of new, unlockable stages is disappointing.

Also, the stage list is questionable. 2 Mario Circuits, but we've yet to see Peach's Castle? The 3DS doesn't get new stages for half its franchises...?

Last edited:

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
How about how to get :4wario::4rob::4duckhunt::4drmario::4darkpit::4gaw::4falco: Without doing vs matches?

I only have dr mario (beat any master order ticket doesn't matter on diffculty)
I just unlocked Dark Pit :4darkpit: by winning an 8-Player Smash as Pit on Palutena's temple. Something in that combination unlocks him apparently.

I only thought to do it because 8-player & All-Star are the only modes that don't unlock anything. Lucky guess.

Top Bottom