• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Texas Fight Club IV - Now with 100% More Project M 3.0! - January 11th, 2014 - Lindale, TX

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Okay, looks like I've got some buddies who are down to come. Looks like me and at least 2 other dudes can come. Will bring a full set up, as long as it's cool to use a modded Wii. Also if so, would you prefer a version without custom stages? All of the front pages stages are just "textures" meaning they're essentially the exact same, they just look different, they are the exact same layout/collisions.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Okay, looks like I've got some buddies who are down to come. Looks like me and at least 2 other dudes can come. Will bring a full set up, as long as it's cool to use a modded Wii. Also if so, would you prefer a version without custom stages? All of the front pages stages are just "textures" meaning they're essentially the exact same, they just look different, they are the exact same layout/collisions.
I have a modded Wii also (no Brawl texture mods/custom stages to speak of). No custom stages is fine, and I don't really mind textures, as long as they don't provide distinct and clear advantages.

Last edited:

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
just a general FYI guys, like last time I will be cutting registration off @ 1:30pm for everything at Fight Club. If you haven't called/texted and let us know you/your carpool are on your way and/or going to be late, you will not be allowed to register for tournaments. Also, there will be a dedicated warm-up time after announcements, as we will start the brackets at around 2:30pm to 2:45pm. After this timeframe, any tournament setups will be unavailable for anything outside of matches. You will be asked if you're bringing a setup in if you want it used for casuals or tournament play. Choose carefully, because this is how your setup will stay for the duration of the event!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
The only way to be seeded is if we register online?
I tried running the recovery software again that I use, and it was successful in bringing my Windows image back ... so TioPro has been saved. We will do on-site seeding as usual ...

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Out of curiosity, how many of you will be coming from the Dallas area? Hoping to meet some smashers in my area while I'm there.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Out of curiosity, how many of you will be coming from the Dallas area? Hoping to meet some smashers in my area while I'm there.
From my understanding, Dallas is bringing 3 cars full of players so that's at least 15 people if not more.

Who's down for some crew battles? I have 4-5 guys that are ready to duel
Come find me on Saturday during the event and I'll try to work something into the event itself that will allow for it.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
This is still going down tomorrow, right?
yes it is, we encourage everyone to arrive early if they're participating in dubs for either Brawl or Project M. Doors open @ 10am and there will be practice until those brackets start at 2pm!

Bobby_Corwen

Smash Rookie
I have a set up I can bring. I'll be coming from the DFW area, I might have missed when matches begin, has their been a time table put up I can look at?

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I have a set up I can bring. I'll be coming from the DFW area, I might have missed when matches begin, has their been a time table put up I can look at?
We have announcements @ 1:30pm (also registration closes at 1:30pm on the dot for everything). Brawl and Project M doubles start @ 2pm, and singles for both games should start at 2:30pm dependent on how many machines and TVs are brought. If you're going to be late (this goes for anyone else too), please text (903) 563-1793 with your arrival time. Also, put your SWF name in the text, that way I don't just delete your message and not allow you to play on account of being late.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
So uh... we gonna be using 3.01? or 3.0?

Gah! Why did they have to release this today. ):

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
I know right? lol I went ahead and updated my version since it did have some character fixes.
Gonna keep an SD card with 3.0 just in case. :p I'll bring my laptop and SD card reader for anyone that may need it.

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Ahh, sorry I had to leave so early guys. Like half my car pool wasn't well rested at all so they were pretty exhausted, and the driver's parents were upset he wasn't back yet, and the car belongs to his parents. He was a champ though, he doesn't even play smash so and he still was down for a 1.5 hour drive! Wouldn't even let me pay for gas.

Had a load of fun though, hope to see you guys at Play a Real Game on the first.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Results thread will be up in the next 15-20 minutes, look for it!

Thank you all for coming out :D

edit: results thread is in the tournament results subforum!

Last edited:
Top Bottom