• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Texas Fight Club IV - Now with 100% More Project M 3.0! - January 11th, 2014 - Lindale, TX

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Greetings Southwest Players!

January 11th, 2014 is the official date for the next installment of East Texas Fight Club, and you will want to be here! Not only is it our 1 year anniversary of these events, it will also be the week before the TO Michael's (that's me) 35th birthday and a precursor to APEX the following weekend!

Official Game List:

Brawl (Singles/Dubs)
Project M 3.0 (Singles/Dubs)
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (Singles)
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (Singles)
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (Singles)
DiveKick (Singles)
Killer Instinct (Singles)

Both sets of Smash tournaments will be contested strictly under APEX 2014 rules, for more information on the rules go to https://www.apex-series.com/rules/brawl/

Prices:
$10 Venue (waived if a complete setup including TV is brought)
$5 per game entry ($10 for teams)
Payout is 60/30/10 for all games

Bracket matches are best 2 games out of 3, finals matches are best 3 out of 5.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
tentatively coming to this, will see about bringing north LA people. it's a ways off tho so no promises
Completely understood! Anyone coming from LA would be awesome, as we haven't had you guys before for a Fight Club ... just for Icecream's WT series.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I will run low-tiers and a Melee bracket if there is enough interest (which there typically is). These will be announced day-of, so make sure to bring your Melee setups too!

Win All Day

Smash Rookie
Very interested in going. Is the entry fee to get into the event or is it just to enter the tournament. I Dont plan on playing since I haven't touched ssb in a few years, but definitely want to get into it and maybe learn some stuff. Been playing smash since 64, but just never competitivly. Might bring a few friends aswell.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
If you don't want to enter anything you only have to pay the venue. Just noticed it was 10 hmmm.

We've held off as long as we can increasing the venue fee because of each event since #1 actually running at a substantial loss due to the items we purchase for each Fight Club (sodas, chips, water, etc etc). We are implementing a hard budget starting with this Fight Club in order to maximize return and further invest in the community and the event itself. The increase in the venue will also allow for the library to be paid for multiple Fight Clubs in advance, along with the long-needed purchase of streaming equipment and software that will work effectively across all our games.

If you (or anyone else) have any further questions, please feel free to contact me.

Very interested in going. Is the entry fee to get into the event or is it just to enter the tournament. I Dont plan on playing since I haven't touched ssb in a few years, but definitely want to get into it and maybe learn some stuff. Been playing smash since 64, but just never competitivly. Might bring a few friends aswell.

The venue fee is to enter the event, the tournament fees are separate and not included. Bring as many friends as you can, and tell friends about us if you do happen to make it!

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
also guys, we will be announcing our Evo plans at this Fight Club ... and we will have a sign-up sheet if you want to seriously consider going (We're assuming Melee is gonna happen over Smash 4, but you never know).

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
We had a major component of our system (our registration and tournament software) go out on us in the last 48 hours, so I've had to move everything to Challonge. You'll need to register for a challonge account, and once you've done that you can sign up for Brawl/P:M/Melee. Only sign up if you are 100% certain you are coming!

edit: the address you'll need to visit is http://etfc.challonge.com/

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Really want to come to this. Where exactly is the venue?

I live in Plano... so I'm a good whiles away at the very least an hour and half drive. Damn :/

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Really want to come to this. Where exactly is the venue?

I live in Plano... so I'm a good whiles away at the very least an hour and half drive. Damn :/

The address for the venue is 200 E. Hubbard St, Lindale, TX 75771

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Is this the first time you guys are doing a Project M tournament?

If not, how was the turn out last time?

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Project M has been featured at the last 3 events ... I think it was the second one that held the statewide record for Project M turnout until LTC came and took the title away!

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
Any videos from previous events? :p

I'd love to see how the competition is.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
Any videos from previous events? :p

I'd love to see how the competition is.

There are videos somewhere online, but the competition is pretty fierce. Typically for Brawl/P:M we have Denti, Oracle, and Infinity along with most of the Dallas guys come out to play. Paging TM_Icecream to the thread ...

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
There are videos somewhere online, but the competition is pretty fierce. Typically for Brawl/P:M we have Denti, Oracle, and Infinity along with most of the Dallas guys come out to play. Paging TM_Icecream to the thread ...
Wait Oracle usually comes to these? Oh boy. He's like my smash hero. That guy's Lucas is beautiful.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
we may be moving the event date further out, I'm waiting on the okay to start this new job I filled out paperwork/federal forms for today (but I have the job unofficially). Stay tuned to this space for further info as it develops ...​

EmLeingod

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmLeingod
we may be moving the event date further out, I'm waiting on the okay to start this new job I filled out paperwork/federal forms for today (but I have the job unofficially). Stay tuned to this space for further info as it develops ...​
I'm so undecided if that's good news or bad. On one hand I asked for the day off already, on the other hand it would give me more time to prepare. Do whatcha gotta do though, man.

OAM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OAM37
I haven't heard anything yet from this employer, so for now the event is still on. This is of course subject to change, and as soon as I hear something I will let everyone know via Facebook and here.

Top Bottom