• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
Day 1: HYYYYYPE METERS OFF THE CHARTS!
Day 2: Cool, we got to see a lot of gameplay of so many great games!
Day 3: Wait... what...? What was that?! Why you do dis to me?!

BeatNinja

Smash Ace
NNID
BeatNinja
3DS FC
0473-8305-4122
WELP. That was an amazing E3 for Ninty. You selfish little poops got three newcomers. CHERISH THEM.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I liked how short it was. I was sure they were going to do a recap of the games shown but I don't think that was necessary in the end.

We got nothing today but expecting anything was always going to be slightly optimistic. Sakurai went back to Japan after all it was pretty clear it was over for Smash news.

yahooda

Smash Ace
NNID
yahooda
3DS FC
0302-0469-6394
I personally think that this E3 would have been better if it had just ended on the first day. There was practically nothing new afterwards.
Edit: Hopefully in future E3's they spread the reveals throughout the 3 days instead of just slapping everyone with news on the first day, then boring them on the last 2.

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
Not sure why people are so unsatisfied with this E3. Last year's E3, the game just got a trailer. Excluding the obvious veterans, the game only had 3 newcomers announced. This year's E3 had 5 newcomers announced with very intricate systems (Yes, Mii Fighters count as 3 separate characters). We also got more information about the game than ever before which includes tons of gameplay footage.

I have a strong feeling that even if there was another announcement, people would still most likely be unsatisfied. Everyone needs to learn to just be happy with what we are given...which was a lot.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
One newcomer that I actually like. And a release date for two games I plan on buying. (Smash 3DS and Layton vs Ace Attorney).

Not nearly close to what I was expecting.

Edit: And I guess Pokemon, but we knew that was coming in November.

Last edited:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
E3 was good, however I enjoyed the Smash Direct more.
Hopefully we get another Smash Bros Direct in a couple months.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
Well, nothing new today, but as I said earlier, we still got 3 newcomers and like 4 teases. I say we take the win.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Don't forget, we can look forward to a month of filler PotD updates.

Again.

*sigh* I need a drink

Morbi

Scavenger

Again.

*sigh* I need a drink
That is what hurts the most... at least we can learn about Palutena's d-special! After that, we will figure out why he went with Pac-Man's 2D design! HYPE. E3 JUST STARTED! Let us go all month filled with redundant information. Please, three days is not enough. I need more!

domokl

Smash Lord
guys this was one of nintys best e3s. you gotta focus on the other games not just smash man.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617

Again.

*sigh* I need a drink
tbh, I don't think so.

Remember the trailer of the modes at the digital event? Yeah, it was a teaser but today's potd, it was details about homerun contest so I expect to see more details on others modes such as this mysterious branching path adventures on 3ds.

Top Bottom