• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
I had the weirdest, craziest dream last night. I was watching E3, and they showed a newcomer. It looked like Ridley with two pieces of fabric attached to his sides, and it was called something weird. They said they were just joking, and they changed the name. Then, later they said that they were joking again, and they removed the fabric and it was actually Ridley that time. Then, later there was something about my sister, and even later, there was something about the Mario Kart 8 stage Toad Harbor. It was completely and utterly messed up.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Let's say characters like Pacman, Mii, and Snake aren't shown. Do we call them disconfirmed?

I mean maybe not Snake because Sonic didn't get a big showing either.

But Pacaman and Mii have Judgement day on Tuesday.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Let's say characters like Pacman, Mii, and Snake aren't shown. Do we call them disconfirmed?

I mean maybe not Snake because Sonic didn't get a big showing either.

But Pacaman and Mii have Judgement day on Tuesday.

Nah. There's still probably a direct in between E3 and Smash's release date.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
With the 3DS version releasing this summer, I'm sure they will reveal the release date. Hopefully, the release date for the Wii U is also shown.

Donalp15

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Donalp15
I want the intro to be more like melee, brawls rips from SSE felt a bit lazy. Seeing unique short scenes of the characters in their own environment is much better.

R0Y

Smash Master
You post this, but Iwata wont be at E3.....
He could easily be in the digital event, broadcasting from Japan. There are many reasons why a person could be healthy enough to do a broadcast within a few kilometres of home but be recommended to not travel abroad.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
With the 3DS version releasing this summer, I'm sure they will reveal the release date. Hopefully, the release date for the Wii U is also shown.
We can only hope...

Just imagine, two days from now, we'll know at least one more character for SSB4!!! :D

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
I'm calling it now- three out of these four characters will be shown at E3: Palutena, Ridley, Pac-Man and Shulk. Shulk and Palutena seem obvious, and as much as people don't like the idea of Pac-Man I think he will be in.

VhatDeHel

Smash Apprentice
I feel like the intro may take scenes from the newcomer trailers like Brawl's intro took scenes from the SSE. I hope that's not the case.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I feel like the intro may take scenes from the newcomer trailers like Brawl's intro took scenes from the SSE. I hope that's not the case.
Chances are they wont do that, since, well, there is no story mode.... And Im sure well get an original trailer.

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Is the countdown set for when the first Nintendo event starts or for when E3 as a whole starts? :)

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is the countdown set for when the first Nintendo event starts or for when E3 as a whole starts? :)
Nintendo event. It was the other way around but people complained. If you want to see Microsoft's one it's early but given how embarrassing the last two were.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Nintendo event. It was the other way around but people complained. If you want to see Microsoft's one it's early but given how embarrassing the last two were.
I'm really dreading having to sit through that because they're always so bad (I am because I'm going to get either a Xbone or PS4 eventually so I need to know which has better exclusives). I'm kind of glad that Sony's starts at 2am here so I don't have to bother watching it live.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Here's hoping Microsoft doesn't yabber on about Kinect, TV or Sports for half an hour but I can also hope I'll fly to the moon.

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Thought so, thanks for quick answer mate. Tuesday will be a good day for Nintendo fans; The main Nintendo E3 events, The Smash Q&A AND the Smash bros invitational all the same night. Oh lord, this gon be good!

Edit: Oh and yes. I have moved on from watching Microsofts presentations. Reading/watching the highlights from it via various gaming media afterwards is more than enough. Can't remember last time I saw a good presentation by Microsoft at E3. Have they even ever "won" E3 in anyones (except super hard core fans) minds?

Last edited:

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
E3 will most likely go like this:
Microsoft- Here are some useless announcements about how we are still trying to take over your living room by the box that does everything, but none of them very well.
Sony- Have some games. And remember we wont try to screw our fanbase like those guys in the green booth over there.
Nintendo- Come join us in the mosh pit for Smash Bros! Also here are other games.

Honestly I believe Nintendo can steal the show this year if they do everything right. Only reason Sony stole the show last year was they came out and straight up said 'We wont pull the same crap as MS'. People already know how awful MS's show was last year, and the year before that, and before that.

Top Bottom