• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 speculation: Any more to come?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Are we doing an hour-by-hour countdown now or somethin'?

spader13

Smash Journeyman
Switching from days to hours makes it seem closer...which only makes waiting through those hours seem longer!

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Switching from days to hours makes it seem closer...which only makes waiting through those hours seem longer!
I agree. Let's change the title to "E3 2014 speculation: 3/365th of a year left until E3"!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
No one will play the Song of Time on Tuesday right? I would hate having to wait for E3 2014 again.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
No one will play the Song of Time on Tuesday right? I would hate having to wait for E3 2014 again.
How do you know they haven't already? Only the person who plays the song knows that they've gone back in time.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
I just hope the reveals blow us away, like Megaman last year. I want something so much better than those "leaks", and we as a community deserve better.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You had better play the Song of Time so that you do not get ninja'd on this day! It is forty minutes past the hour, good luck.
Darn it. Well, time to go get an ocarina, I guess...

Morbi

Scavenger
I just hope the reveals blow us away, like Megaman last year. I want something so much better than those "leaks", and we as a community deserve better.
What if Mega Man's reveal did not blow us out of the water? :awesome:

But seriously though, there is no way this e3 will not be better than the last.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I need an ocarina to play the Song of Double Time.
Or pipes. Or drums. Or a guitar.
I would not want that, since I would possibly over shoot the E3 day. Sure, the video would be available to see in its full glory, but there is a certain charm to watching it live and being present for the current events.

Morbi

Scavenger
This is why you're the best Jigglypuff.

Sorry Morbid, I guess you could say I really don't like you anymore.
Why not?

MAYBE YOU SHOULD JUST CHANGE YOUR NAME TO MORBIDOPTIMISM AMIRITE.
I might have to if I lose my account! Huzzah! But seriously though, why would we not be optimistic? This is what we were waiting for all year, guaranteed Smash related news. Not only that, but we get Nintendo news as the cherry on top.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Why not?

I might have to if I lose my account! Huzzah! But seriously though, why would we not be optimistic? This is what we were waiting for all year, guaranteed Smash related news. Not only that, but we get Nintendo news as the cherry on top.
Too optimistic.

Loljk you're still my friend. How else would I get my daily likes? You got it now for me... right? I NEED MY LIKES!

Welshy91

Smash Ace
Because if you go in expecting nothing, then you can't be let down.

Morbi

Scavenger
@MorbidOptimism your new Avatar avatar confuses me because it's the same one used by Hong and also because I didn't know you had any input regarding Fire Emblem.
Ah; yes, that is correct. I was quite hesitant to use the avatar at first, but Hong convinced me. I am an adamant supporter of Robin as of current. She has somehow (the thread) become my most anticipated character. I hope to see her at e3 even more than Ganon/Ghirahim.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Ah; yes, that is correct. I was quite hesitant to use the avatar at first, but Hong convinced me. I am an adamant supporter of Robin as of current. She has somehow (the thread) become my most anticipated character. I hope to see her at e3 even more than Ganon/Ghirahim.
Well, obviously I want Lucina/Anna more, but female Robin wouldn't make me unhappy.

If they do have both genders (or the hooded version) I would prefer they call them "Avatar".

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, obviously I want Lucina/Anna more, but female Robin wouldn't make me unhappy.

If they do have both genders (or the hooded version) I would prefer they call them "Avatar".
Robin is not a gender-specific name. However, if they had to choose an ambiguous name, I would personally prefer "Tactician."

Welshy91

Smash Ace
But do you truly gain anything if you expect nothing?
Yes. I call it being pleasantly surprised. It's like getting some sort of terminal illness. If you go into it like "meh, I'm probably gonna kick the bucket, but we'll see what happens" then you can accept your fate more easily than if you were absolutely sure you were gonna pull through. Then in the chance that you don't die, you can be like "wow, didn't see that coming, what a pleasant surprise".

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Robin is not a gender-specific name. However, if they had to choose an ambiguous name, I would personally prefer "Tactician."
I know, but it is a person's name. The Villager isn't called "Bob" for example.

Also, I knew there was a name for the character I was forgetting. Tactician is good, but Avatar is more official.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I somehow get the feeling that there might be a surprise within Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS at E3 for some reason. Ah well, I still can't wait to see what is in store though!

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
I feel completely wrong about my predictions. Giving us what we expect/want? Blasphemy for Nintendo.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Ok, so now that my *ahem* outburst is over, I'd like to share that I'd first and foremost like to devote my E3 attention towards the unveiling of new news specifically related to my two favorite series, Smash Bros and Zelda. All else can wait their turn for my attention.

Top Bottom