• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
From my perspective, I'm seeing 2 different font styles in the image from the Nintendo Direct as well as 2 different font styles in the original pics of the leak. Look at the "Options" and "Colors" font in the leak, then look at the "Online" font in the image from the Direct. These fonts match up. Then look at the "Free for all" in the leak and the "For Fun/Glory" and "With Anyone" from the Direct. These might be the same font style as well.

sdf

Last edited:

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
From my perspective, I'm seeing 2 different font styles in the image from the Nintendo Direct as well as 2 different font styles in the original pics of the leak. Look at the "Options" and "Colors" font in the leak, then look at the "Online" font in the image from the Direct. These fonts match up. Then look at the "Free for all" in the leak and the "For Fun/Glory" and "With Anyone" from the Direct. These might be the same font style as well.

sdf
Oh heavens no. Not even close, bro. =P Do I need to repost my list? (with a few more that I've found subsequently)

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Additionally, look at this screen from the Direct and all the different types of fonts there are.
That's because it is a different menu. The "With Anyone" and the "Free For All" look like they are trying to the same font. Why would they make them different per screen?

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni

Additionally, look at this screen from the Direct and all the different types of fonts there are.
But none of the fonts represented in this image are the font used in the leaks for Options, Free For All, or Colors. That's a completely different typeface from anything we've seen.

I honestly wish I could let you guys borrow my eyes or something. To trained eyes, the differences between the fonts is really glaring.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I think the whole mess is fake. And that's coming from someone who believes the Sal leak.

My reasons for this are multiple.

- The shape of the roster just seems off to me. 17x3? I know we live in a widescreen era now, but that would make all those icons super tiny on the screen, and I don't like that.
- To me, stuff looks pixelated. I'm not saying that automatically disproves it. I'm just saying that a professional game like Smash 4 hasn't looked pixelated anywhere else. Why in the character select screen?
- Not showing Ridley initially immediately raised my suspicions. If you're a leaker and you want to prove it's real, get some hard-hitting evidence to prove that. You're TWO INCHES from the monitor. Angle that camera like 10 degrees to the left AND SHOW RIDLEY
- The water/stain marks on the monitor reek of home computer to me.
- So far nothing is conclusive proof that these are real. Sure there's the possibility, but it's also completely possible someone is good with Photoshop, made a mock-up character select screen, and is trolling everyone.
- I like the locks idea, but I do think it looks odd like that. Sakurai doesn't give us exact numbers to figure out. From these images, we can say "hey there are 50 characters total!" "Hey, there are five Zelda characters." Sakurai has never in the past done that. He may show question marks, like Melee, but even then things shift around and move, almost as if Sakurai was planning it the whole time and saying "aaaah! fooled you! hah!"

I don't have any concrete evidence against these leaks, but you just get that gut feeling, you know? As much as I want to believe these, there's just something about them that screams fake to me. They look professional to a degree, but break it down to a professional level like Nintendo and it falls flat.

Last edited:

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
But none of the fonts represented in this image are the font used in the leaks for Options, Free For All, or Colors. That's a completely different typeface from anything we've seen.

I honestly wish I could let you guys borrow my eyes or something. To trained eyes, the differences between the fonts is really glaring.
Actually your technically wrong. "My Music" uses the same font as "With Anyone". However, that doesn't change anything.

Last edited:

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Let's see what Sakurai will post on tomorrow's pic of the day... maybe he will give a hint to debunk the leak... remember what he did with the Palutena one? He likes to TROLL

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Let's see what Sakurai will post on tomorrow's pic of the day... maybe he will give a hint to debunk the leak... remember what he did with the Palutena one?
oh the potd well, I'm glad this it's finished now before seeing it I miss them SO MUCH (even if it will be an ike filler).

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Let's see what Sakurai will post on tomorrow's pic of the day... maybe he will give a hint to debunk the leak... remember what he did with the Palutena one? He likes to TROLL
"Pic of the Day. Here are Mario and Luigi. They're plumbers, as I'm sure you're all aware. Don't mind them, though, they're just here to fix some leaks."

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Actually your technically wrong. "My Music" uses the same font as "With Anyone". However, that doesn't change anything.
No no, I was saying that the fonts used in the music menu and "Skyloft" are still not the font used in the leaks (what I'm saying is Franklin Gothic). The font used in the page title portion of every menu is obviously going to be the same, since it's a persistent UI element.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
No no, I was saying that the fonts used in the music menu and "Skyloft" are still not the font used in the leaks (what I'm saying is Franklin Gothic). The font used in the page title portion of every menu is obviously going to be the same, since it's a persistent UI element.
Yeah I know, I was just saying that the "My Music" does use a font we know of. And that is the one that uses "With Anyone".

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Because its very nitpicky and really doesnt prove anything. I wont count this out till e3.
I won't try to convince you that the font discrepancies are very telling, but I'm pretty dang confident about this. You call it nitpicking, I call it knowing how to tell the difference between Arial and Helvetica or Univers. I'm a font nerd, I know what I'm talking about. XP

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I'm going to say that this is most likely fake because of the different fonts, although there is still a chance of it being real. I'm biased though since the "leaked" roster doesn't really leave much room for Snake with the Gematsu leak.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
Yeah, despite the glaringly different fonts, I'm still not going to say "YAY, confirmed fake," just because anything can happen, and I don't want to be dogmatic. But anyone who's saying that the fonts aren't different are kidding themselves. The fonts are very different. And it's heavy evidence against the legitimacy of the leak.

I can say, however, that I'm personally saying "fake" just because I know my own brain. =P

Last edited:

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
I noticed in this leak we don't see a place for Miis, I say, Miis are likely to replace the old name system. Maybe...

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman

Your analyses have been impressive and entertaining to read, and you've resolved any doubt in my mind that these leaks are fake. Very well done.

Shroob

Sup?
It's dead.... but why do I have a feeling someone is going to preform necromancy by tomorrow and give it life AGAIN?

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
It's dead.... but why do I have a feeling someone is going to preform necromancy by tomorrow and give it life AGAIN?
The fake leaker will probably go out with a bang showing us that he unlocked all the characters or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom