• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
Although I didn't believe it, I was interested in this leak before

With this terrible, terrible picture of Ridley, I am no longer interested.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Because you are. This doesn't mean anything. Any you keep saying because Pic 6 mentioned Ridley, he has to be the pic 3 leaker. Which, in fact, it doesn't. Get that through your head please we've told you a billion times. You're a smart dude I've seen you make some good posts here. Just stop repeating stuff we've already answered
No one gives me any answers though. Why couldn't the guy who posted the 6th pic post the 3rd pic?

theinstituter

Smash Cadet
NNID
theinstituter
3DS FC
0662-2468-9863
Okay at least 20 pages were added from the last time i was on this thread.
Can someone recap what happened?
Are we still with the CSS leak?

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper
Saved all the archive as html which mean that I have them FOREEVER HAHAHA!!!!

But seriously, I hope we will find who posted what.
i looked through then but the only mention of an ip was a game ip not an address

plrichard

Smash Cadet
No one gives me any answers though. Why couldn't the guy who posted the 6th pic post the 3rd pic?
I don't think anyone is saying he can't be, we're just saying he might not be and mentioning Ridley doesn't automatically mean it is.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Okay at least 20 pages were added from the last time i was on this thread.
Can someone recap what happened?
Are we still with the CSS leak?
A 7th picture appeared clearly showing Ridley with a ugly model. Going nuts, everyone is.

Last edited:

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
That Ridley is pretty fake. The art style is completely different from EVERY other character except possibly Snake. Not happening.

About the original leaks though; the colors option is interesting. If you were trying to make a believable leak, why would you put a never-heard-of option in there? Why would a colors option even be available in a demo in the first place?

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
I'm really enjoying this tbh. It's the first leak that's a CSS which has stumped us for more than 5 minutes, so that should give it some credit. Honestly, this leak is a great way to hold me over to MK8 Thursday night.

If we find out all the pics are from the same person, even though we have evidence that pic 3 and 4 could be fake, let's not dismiss it too quickly, as people in this thread seem to do when they find something against the leak.

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319
Ok but I sugest getting the addon it's 4chanX

First thread: http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244912381/
Second thread: http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244932457/
Third thread: http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244944761/
Fourth thread: http://boards.deniableplausibility.net/v/thread/244952647/
Fifth thread (active): http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/245069064

How long does this archive last? is it possible to keep this page in .html forever on my computer?
Someone needs to find these IPs or whatever. It could help us out something at least.

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
So, now that we have the archives, can we just trace the ips already?
Someone needs to find these IPs or whatever. It could help us out something at least.
This would require hacking the 4chan servers. Supposedly, someone in that 4chan thread did just that to figure out that the IP address matched the poster of the original 2 pictures. However, I cannot find it anywhere in that thread.

I'm starting to think this whole IP thing wasn't even true to begin with since I can't find any evidence of it. If that's true, then it means that we don't know if pic 6 was posted by the original leaker. Therefore, we cannot use that to debunk the original 2 pics. OHMYGODITNEVERENDS

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
That Ridley is pretty fake. The art style is completely different from EVERY other character except possibly Snake. Not happening.

About the original leaks though; the colors option is interesting. If you were trying to make a believable leak, why would you put a never-heard-of option in there? Why would a colors option even be available in a demo in the first place?
This kind of "odd" stuff is what makes pics 1-2 the most credible to me. If the leaker was really trying to fool us, why put that there? Make it believeable!

Shroob

Sup?
This would require hacking the 4chan servers. Supposedly, someone in that 4chan thread did just that to figure out that the IP address matched the poster of the original 2 pictures. However, I cannot find it anywhere in that thread.

I'm starting to think this whole IP thing wasn't even true to begin with since I can't find any evidence of it. If that's true, then it means that we don't know if pic 6 was posted by the original leaker. Therefore, we cannot use that to debunk the original 2 pics. OHMYGODITNEVERENDS
This is friggen Mr.Bone's Wild Ride.... we'll never get off it.

Bladeviper

Smash Ace
NNID
Bladeviper

like i said they only talk about game ip in the thread instead of the ip address at least i couldnt find and talk about the posters ip address being the same

GamerGuy09

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-3742-4712-6319

Brian.xex stooped dutying.

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Reading these threads on 4Chan has been a very funny experience. But I wouldn't give too muh credence to this leak.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
The worst thing about it, is that we can't find an original source for that Ridley, huh?
Which adds some credibility at least to 7 pic's story. It'd be tough to mock up a 3D model of Ridley in a day. Also, they must've already had the model of Ridley if it's fake yesterday, considering we saw some of it in Pic 3 or 4 can't remember

Sebagomez

Smash Journeyman
For all, the Mii character icon is NOT the crown. In fact, Find Mii is NOT a stage in the Mii universe.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
I'm just gonna take a step back for a second and say that, subjectively, this whole leak reeks of fakery. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me why somebody would take photos so close to the screen like this. Why not just take a complete photo?

And as far as the design of the screen is concerned, there are a lot of design decisions that don't feel right to me, but again, that's hard to objectify. The use of the smash logo stripes on the locks feels very amateur, as it's bad practice to overuse a brand element like that. The fact that the images are essentially identical to images found on the website also smells funny. And the fact that any implication of a new character that hasn't been revealed has been shown in some cryptic way where they're cleverly cropped. To me, that communicates that the person posting the photos is trying to make us dance, which is exactly what we're doing.

The first 2 original pics don't show us anything that we should be skeptical about, but all the subsequent images haven't been rock solid like the first 2 images (Ridley, Pacman, etc.)

If this is indeed the character select screen, it's still a reasonable assumption to make that only the first 2 pictures are legitimate.

But again, the idea of fragmenting the starter characters by scattering them among a field of lock icons doesn't feel like something the design team would do based on all the precedents we have seen in past games.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Did we give up the Ridley Render Research? (ever since AP Lit this year, I've loved alliteration)

Also, can someone check the two pucks to see if they are similar. P2 looks smaller and the thickness around it's edges is more noticeable than the P1 puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom