• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adond

Smash Rookie
NNID
Adond
3DS FC
4055-4803-1437
E3 is fast approaching which means there will be tons of fabricated leaks popping up around the internet. The latest leak found on the NeoGAF forums suggests that the next Zelda title is titled The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare. What’s interesting about this leak is that a number of titles which will have already been released by the end of the month will apparently be shown during the event. These titles include Watch Dogs on the PlayStation 4 and Mario Kart 8 on Wii U. I’d take this leak with a huge grain of salt.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm.. very interesting. We must keep tabs on this.

*Strokes Imaginary Beard*

dezeray112

Smash Hero
My thoughts:
  • Bayonetta 2 - Obviously, a release date will be shown.
  • Castlevania: Symphony of the Night 2 (3DS) - Would be pretty cool. Simon Belmont for Smash, anyone? :smirk:
  • Hyrule Warriors - We'll see a tad more gameplay and maybe multiple playable characters?
  • Mario Kart 8 - This one makes this rumor fishy. If anything, we'll get a glimpse at possible DLC.
  • Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate (3DS) - Probably.
  • Pokken Fighters - A reveal for this is definitely plausible.
  • Sonic Boom - More information about both versions of the game will be shown, as well as the 3DS version's reveal.
  • Super Smash Bros. U - Definitely, 2 or 3 newcomers, veterans, and stages. Maybe release date?
  • Super Smash Bros. 3D - Same as above but I think it'll get more focus since it'll be released first. Guaranteed release date.
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call (3DS) - I don't know anything about FF so nothing to say there.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Shard of Nightmare - Epic name. Whether this is true or not, we will see a Zelda.
  • Xenogears: Origins - If this is the same thing as 'X' then there's no doubt we'll be seeing this.
I guess this leak did not mention anything about the NPC technology games as well as Miyamoto's new IP.

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
It says "Super Smash Bros. 3D" and "Super Smash Bros. U" instead of the full titles. That seems kinda off to me.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
This sounds like another too good to be true fan scenario thing. This is literally a Nintendo diehard going ''WHAT WOULD MAKE EVERYONE **** THEIR PANTS IN PURE JOY?!!"
It is E3 though. Maybe this is their year?

R0Y

Smash Master
E3 logo gives it away too, modern logo is usually this:

Notice the TM instead of Copyright logo as well as the writing.

Mamp

Smash Apprentice
The interesting thing about these leaks is that both mention 'Pokken', which seemingly adds a bit of credibility. Still, I think both are very fake.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
What kills the 2nd one for me is Miyamoto's game being 'pokemon from x & y' levels of vague and non-specific, versus some other games.

The first/image one isn't hard to believe on the Nintendo front since it's all stuff everyone expects there, outside the names for Zelda and Xeno. MK8 seems out of place, and a sequel to SOTN seems too crazy to be true.

Fake City, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's more or less correct give or take a few things, due to safe bets.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
The interesting thing about these leaks is that both mention 'Pokken', which seemingly adds a bit of credibility.
That's just because the Pokemon Company filed a trademark for it in Augustish last year.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Worth noting is that the Nintendo part of this only states what games will be playable on the show floor, and nothing about the presentation itself, so people that scream that this is fake because Yarn Yoshi or other games aren't on there need to sit down and think about if those games are worth demoing.

With that said, it's probably still fake.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why does anybody take these seriously again?

Lists of what Nintendo will show are NEVER leaked.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why show Mario Kart 8 and the game will be out before then? Either way, this rumor shouldn't be reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom