• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 E3 2014 Rumor/Leak Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
There was a bit of a mix up when rearranging the threads. I switched Sorrow's first post and my last post together to preserve them. I'm sorry if this messes up anyone's posts.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Just so you guys know, the "leak" for Nintendo on the sheet of paper says playable games on the show, not games they're going to show at E3. Mario Kart 8 will be out before E3, but it can still be playable at the event. Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem and Yarn Yoshi are still in the early stages of development, and Iwata stated that the games announced at E3 will either be early titles or nearly complete.

Then again, signs show that it's fake, like "X" being named Xenogears, even though Square owns the trademark. It's unlikely that Nintendo would ask Square to use it rather than make an entirely new name.

Found this on GameFaqs:

http://gameotakublog.wordpress.com/2014/05/10/leaked-nintendo-digital-event-2014/

Sorry if this has been posted before and deleted, or if this kind of thread isn't allowed.

Thoughts?
That's one of the first E3 leaks for Nintendo this year, and it's pretty much fake. The "leaker" tried too hard to combine past and recent rumours and announcements and even listed Tomodachi Life in there, even when it's going to be released just before E3.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Haven't there been instances where a title just released/was about to be released yet was at e3 anyway? I wanna say it might of happened with Nintendo some year before.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I wish the nintendo digital event leak was real, but I doubt it is.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Out of curiosity, how are either of these leaks "substantiated"?

Kuragari

Smash Apprentice
I dont wanna get my hopes up, but if that is Nintendo's E3 this year, I will be very very happy.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Leak is fake, I know the guy who made it, his dad works for, actually I don't think his dad works.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I just like that he went the extra mile and made it a fake image too.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
i wonder why it never occured to anyone that "NIGHTMARE" might be a villain(final boss?) in the game and not a spooky dream just sayin

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well this thread is going to be busy. I don't think we'll get any real leaks but it's fun to debunk them.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
i wonder why it never occured to anyone that "NIGHTMARE" might be a villain(final boss?) in the game and not a spooky dream just sayin
Well, Link HAS faced a villain named Nightmare before...

That'd make for an interesting crossover...

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
It kind of bugs me that they couldn't even include the usual sort of game logo behind the title Zelda games usually get. Getting a dark shard and photoshopping it behind the name can't of been that hard. That said, I can actually buy Shard of Nightmare, it's kind of silly sounding but it's not the worst name I've ever heard, maybe they'll go for a dream world/real world thing, ala M&L:Dream Team, have the real world be more realistic, while the dream world can be really colorful, bright if it's not corrupted by a nightmare and really dark if it is.

Of course, I still can't buy into any leak that would suggest that Monolith Soft's next title is part of the Xenogears franchise, was one of my favorite games as a child, but the chance that they'd of bought the rights to that instead of just continuing a Xenoblade title line, or just Xeno anything else makes no sense.

Though if they did maybe they also bought the rights to Super Mario RPG characters....a man can dream can't he?

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Found this on GameFAQs:

"My friend is a staff coordinator for Nintendo @ E3. He said he got some heads up on what they're going to show at E3.

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS--They're going to reveal the entire roster. They didn't tell him it all is, though. He said they'll also show off a few alternate costumes such as Dr. Mario, Zora Link, etc.

Zelda U he said is a first person game. You're still Link, but the screen on the gamepad is a top-down view third person view. Obviously, the game will primarily be played on the TV, and the third person view will be used for certain puzzles.

Hyrule Warriors will come out at the end of summer. They're going to show a more polished version of the game that shows Zelda fighting alongside Link.

That's pretty much all he had for me. I asked about Miyamoto's IP, but he said they're keeping it very under wraps."

Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69242299

Take this with a grain of salt.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Found this on GameFAQs:

"My friend is a staff coordinator for Nintendo @ E3. He said he got some heads up on what they're going to show at E3.

Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS--They're going to reveal the entire roster. They didn't tell him it all is, though. He said they'll also show off a few alternate costumes such as Dr. Mario, Zora Link, etc.

Zelda U he said is a first person game. You're still Link, but the screen on the gamepad is a top-down view third person view. Obviously, the game will primarily be played on the TV, and the third person view will be used for certain puzzles.

Hyrule Warriors will come out at the end of summer. They're going to show a more polished version of the game that shows Zelda fighting alongside Link.

That's pretty much all he had for me. I asked about Miyamoto's IP, but he said they're keeping it very under wraps."

Grain? I'd need to swallow a whole shaker. It's plausible but too easy. (The leak, not swallowing a salt shaker)

*The Sensus Crustulum*

Smash Journeyman
Found this on GameFAQs:

Game FAQs?
LOLNOPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom