• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2012 | Schedule & Streams

BSP

Smash Legend
I wanted something about Smash 4...just anything. Pikmin 3 did look really good, and so did the Marios.

M@v

Subarashii!
Started off good, ending slow.

Biggest pluses I took from this:

-2 wii u gampads can be used on 1 console. This could have huge implications, especially on smash tourneys(ex. 2 wii u gamepad players facing eachother wont need to use a tv station.)

-ZombiU. Looks hype as hell. If it has online co-op it will have my money without a second thought.

Downsides:

Wii park thingy....what?
Other titles reminding me too much of screw the gamer casual all the way. Too many.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Nintendo was very meh. :/

Looks like I wasn't missing anything with the other two either. Meh E3 all around.

Well there's still Nintendo's 3DS thing tomorrow, if I can just Fire Emblem Awakening I'll be happy.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ Yea, it seems the console didn't perform better than we thought they would. At least Nintendo excited me with Pikman 3, NSMB U and NSMB2 news. Still wondering about the release date and the Wii-U's internet gameplay.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Underwhelmed. :(

I hope 3DS conference is ok.

Player-3

Smash Hero
they aren't going to announce smash 4 when EVERYONE ALREADY KNOWS IT'S COMING if they have JUST started on it and have nothing to show

rofl

skyward sword came out 6 months ago so there's not going to be a new zelda for a while

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I am really confused as to why people are displeased. The conference showed a crap ton of games, almost too much to buy.

This was the one conference that didn't have celebrities or rappers to try and hype up the lack of stuff. And guess what? There was no awkward attempts at being funny like the others. Everyone typical came out and was way funny and professional at the same time.

Like Reggie said, that had to show how the Wii U works because people were confused, and they needed to show launch games and launch window games, which they could barely fit in. Smash Bros. is not even close to that. Any Zelda game they have is probably on the 3DS, not too long ago we got Skyward Sword.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Nintendo was a huge bust! Damn near every game for the Wii U is a port! Shame because it started off pretty solid with Pikmin 3 and it all went downhill from there! ZombiU is pretty much all they had!

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
So out of the main 3 (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo), who do you think "won E3" with their conferences so far? I mean, I think we can all agree Microsoft absolutely lost, but it's a bit of a tough call between Sony and Nintendo. I almost want to say Sony, but a bunch of things from the Wii U and the Nintendo press conference have me second guessing that pick.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
☯ I'll give Sony some points for displaying God of War Ascension, Last of Us and Uncharted Drake's Fortune, but give them negatives for not showing enough Vita, no RPG games for show, (I guess I'm a little biased towards that, lol), and Wonderbook was pretty boring to watch. Not much to say on Sony's part, they didn't do much note worthy this year IMO.

☯ Nintendo's side had a great start because of Pikman 3, and Miiverse was a great idea IMO. Some of the first party games they showed I like, and Zombie U was pretty good. The down side is that near every game afterwords you already knew that was coming out, the 3DS had little show time, (great they get they're own day tomorrow), they haven't released any new details of they're release date and prices, and explaining Nintendo Land took up a lot of time. Too much hype can lead to disappointment, but honestly, it wasn't as bad as people say it is, just wanted to see more first party's I think.

☯ Over all, I think Ubisoft did the best this time. The consoles didn't shine this year, but I think the games will speak for it's self.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Meh.

Sums up my opinion on this whole E3.

Nothing really new that interests me and all I get out of it is more worrying about the future of Fire Emblem.

Many of the 3DS games look fun, but nothing new. Paper Mario will be cool, but Intelligent Systems' other series needs more love. :(

Edit:
Unless of course, this is real?
https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/statuses/210553611237863424

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why would you need to worry about it coming to America?

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Because they skipped over Fire Emblem 12 and we still don't have any word on one of the Operation Rainfall games.

If they didn't skip the second DS FE I wouldn't have been that concerned, but these two recent events were enough for me to start worrying about one of my favorite Nintendo series. :/

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I forgot who said it, but I think the Wii-U could be a good console in a few years, but it won't be a best seller like the Wii. The Wii was a one-time event, and I doubt it will ever be repeated.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
After that conference, I'm holding off of buying a WiiU until Pikmin 3 comes out.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I'll be waiting on the Wii U, but I'm still fairly optimistic.

The second screen on the DS has brought me nothing but good things. Looks like the Wii U will have a slow start but I want to see where developers take it.

I guess the real question might be how long will it be relevant, if Sony and Microsoft's next consoles are a large improvement over the Wii U then I can see it having the same problem as the Wii where it doesn't get the same third party multi-console games as the others.

But at least for now it will have the right tools so that it isn't the odd one out. :/

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
After that conference, I'm holding off of buying a WiiU until Pikmin 3 comes out.
Only dumb people with no memory buy Nintendo consoles at release date. Give them about 2 to 3 years, and they will release a better version of the same console with less bugs for way cheaper.

Zero_Saber

Smash Apprentice
Because they skipped over Fire Emblem 12 and we still don't have any word on one of the Operation Rainfall games.

If they didn't skip the second DS FE I wouldn't have been that concerned, but these two recent events were enough for me to start worrying about one of my favorite Nintendo series. :/
It's been confirmed by Reggie that FE will be coming to the US so you no longer have to worry! :D

Richard 89

Smash Lord
NNID
Wesker08
3DS FC
4768-7987-3562
I'm excited for the new NFS:most wanted game, the open world specs i seen on there are bigger than NFS:undercover (for ps2), and the online speedwall looks promising , getting 1st rank and becoming the most wanted by your friends on there means more attention.

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
Just gimme brawl and the next paper mario and i'll be happy.

Maybe a F-zero game where captain falcon goes around capturing crooks like a real bounty hunter. Yea, that'd be cool too.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
does anyone know where I can watch all the e3 showings on one site?

Top Bottom