• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E2C, Hypest, & RTGN.TV Present Smash 4 Worldwide With $1000 In Prizes on Jan. 18th

Are you participating?

• Total voters

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Are you going to use the Jigglypuff timer to spectate matches?

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Do you care if we stream our own matches during the event, on our own respective streams? Any logos or images you'd like posted on screen if we do so?

Events2Compete

Smash Journeyman
Do you care if we stream our own matches during the event, on our own respective streams? Any logos or images you'd like posted on screen if we do so?
I'm having anyone interested in streaming email me directly at joef@events2compete.com. I will send out a group email to everyone interested to let them know what they need to do to be featured on every event page and Challonge page to promote their stream. Basically it will involve your stream title and skin that we provide you and just a few set of rules.

Captain Zack

Banned via Administration
NNID
Chibi_Zack
I don't understand the ban stages and counter picks concept.... Like period... Could some explain please?...
Player A wins. Player A bans stages a certain amount of stages because of maybe a personal disadvantage or a matchup disadvantage. Player B then chooses a stage counterpicking a stage that hasn't been banned because they might have an advantage on that stage.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
will there ever be any 3Ds version prize tournaments in the future?

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
There will be an IRC room for each bracket posted the day or two before the tournament for everyone and the T.O. to communicate.
I host online tournaments and we always use an irc channel, so I could help moderate if you guys need it.

NinjaNomad196

Smash Cadet
NNID
NinjaNomad196
3DS FC
2766-8063-0156
How do you guys feel about doing a team one someday so my brother may join a team with me? Otherwise, great!

Last edited:

brokencross

Smash Rookie
NNID
brokencross
3DS FC
1590-4915-3928
Are brackets currently being made or where can I find them? I would like to know if my sign-up went through or not.

cFive

Smash Apprentice
Are brackets currently being made or where can I find them? I would like to know if my sign-up went through or not.
i think you should get an email if you signed up on the homepage mentioned in the startpost, at least i got one!

brackets prolly will be posted right before the tournament, since signing up is possible until 2 hours before start...

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
Also, on the confirmation email, are we supposed to do anything? I don't see a link, though maybe I'm wrong

NinjaNomad196

Smash Cadet
NNID
NinjaNomad196
3DS FC
2766-8063-0156
Hey Tourney Hosts, is there any chance we can set up a personalized first round match? My little brother and I have one Wii U to share, and can't play the same time, so can we face each other (once he signs up) for round one?

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
Signed up. I have to message my T.O.? What is T.O.? Also, what is IRC? I'm sorry, first tournament, brand new.

And I do not understand these rules:
  • Strikes will be in 1-2-1 order. The player with the lower seed will strike first (Example: 28th seed vs 2nd seed. 28th seed strikes first)
  • Winner strikes two stages, loser chooses stage, winner chooses character, and loser chooses character in that order

Last edited:

Quinfordmac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
quinford_GameCo
To the above, stage strikes aren basically ways of saying "We are not playing on _____" due to character match ups. For example: If I was fighting Mega Man, I might strike FD to take away some viability to his projectiles.

Another example: If I were a Jigglypuff main, I might strike Smashville/Town and City due to the small blast zones not being in my favor.

This is my first tournament too, besides, I'm sure the person you are fighting will help you along the way.

<Pride>

Smash Rookie
NNID
WildSkitty
Really wanna join, but it starts 20:00 here in Sweden, and I have school the day after..

cFive

Smash Apprentice
Really wanna join, but it starts 20:00 here in Sweden, and I have school the day after..
same problem for every european i guess (me included).... so it seems the good smashers gonna be "sick" on monday :sick::cool:

WT!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WT_Smash
3DS FC
4597-0015-7814
Switch FC
SW-3650-7945-8401
Hey Tourney Hosts, is there any chance we can set up a personalized first round match? My little brother and I have one Wii U to share, and can't play the same time, so can we face each other (once he signs up) for round one?
You should probably just ask if it's okay at all, since this is a serious hold up for tournaments of this scale. And also, you probably won't be allowed to play your brother first round since that messes with seeding and is strictly unfair.

RobinPower123

Smash Rookie
You should probably just ask if it's okay at all, since this is a serious hold up for tournaments of this scale. And also, you probably won't be allowed to play your brother first round since that messes with seeding and is strictly unfair.
I Think He Should BE Aloud If He Has Problems competing With Anyone Else In The First Match you should Have Them Do a Practice round first though to see how good they are

KenboCalrissian

NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
I'm looking for training buddies too. Hit me up!

cFive

Smash Apprentice
sollution: play the match some hours or days before the tournament! the winner of you is the one playing the tournament on your wiiU!
glhf

Signed up. I have to message my T.O.? What is T.O.? Also, what is IRC? I'm sorry, first tournament, brand new.
IRC is a chatroom, i think they wrote that they will provide a link a few hours before the start of the tourney!
I think TO stands for Tourney Organisator! Apparently every group of players will get one and you can contact him if you have any questions or problems during the tournament!

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
sollution: play the match some hours or days before the tournament! the winner of you is the one playing the tournament on your wiiU!
glhf

IRC is a chatroom, i think they wrote that they will provide a link a few hours before the start of the tourney!
I think TO stands for Tourney Organisator! Apparently every group of players will get one and you can contact him if you have any questions or problems during the tournament!
Cool, thanks a lot for your reply!

SilverWolf7

Smash Apprentice
I'm looking for training buddies too. Hit me up!
I'm training with someone else, but the more the merrier! I'll train with you. I'll add you a bit later in the day, but my NNID is literally the same thing as my username here. SilverWolf7.

Top Bottom