• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ducktales Mafia - Game over

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Set-up:

Duckworth - Vanilla Townie [glg]
Mrs. Beakley - Vanilla Townie [Gova]
Launchpad McQuack - Vanilla Townie [Chaco]
Scrooge McDuck - Vanilla Townie [Asdioh]
Gyro Gearloose - Town Inventor [Soupamario]
Louie - Town Tracker [ZacBlock]
Webby Vanderquack - Town Attention Whore [Joey]

Flintheart Glomgold - Mafia Goon [Tracker]
Magica DeSpell - Mafia Roleblocker [DatHydra]

Attention Whore had to get quoted by half the remaining players to get enough attention. Otherwise she would've had Miller/Gravedigger status for the next Night phase.

SWF is pathetic for censoring a word as trivial and harmless as whore.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This game was characteriszed by exceedingly weak town play, which resulted in a free win for the mafia. Ryker had to put very little effort into this game and when he did he immediately became a top-suspect - Kuz came to his aid and chainsawed Chaco without getting to feel any negative consequences while Ryker got to coast for the rest of the game. Under normal circumstances this would've been bad play - not against this town. I don't really have much more to say other than that I'm greatly disappointed.

Gova / Asdioh - you two aren't bad players. Just stop being such non-factors in these games for once - your ability to use reason could be actually helpful if you just showed that you actually have it. It's a waste of talent.

Chaco - you actually played really well and your reads were generally spot on. It's too bad that you couldn't affect anything simply because the townie consisted of tools for the most part. Stick around and you'll learn to deal with it. You still have the talent to outplay most of the people here.

Soup - horrible play, straight up. I often try to defend you when people makes snide remarks about your play but I feel it's going to be hard to justify my stance if you play like this. What on earth were you thinking when you claimed? Didn't it occur to you that your role might just be the most powerful one in a 9 player game? Didn't you see through Kuz' blatant bullshit after he mislynched a completely guilt-free Chaco? You make it too easy to win your trust for superficial reasons and it hurts your play so much ...

Kuz - Sorry, if it seems like I don't give you credit but I honestly can't tell if you actually played well. Just be aware that you can't get away with everything all the time - it might've worked out this time but in another game you shouldn't expect to get away with such amounts of anti-town manipulation. If you manage to play like this successfully more than just that one time and against a better town than I will admit that it's not just the town's fault. For now, I completely agree with Gordito.

No MVP, this isn't even up for debate.

:059:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
These player comments are terrible.

Gheb, your play and viewpoint is very limited to those who have come before you. Just because they are older in terms of amount of time they have played the game (or been on this site) does not make them nor their play or playstyle better. Any newer player who did what Chaco did would have been chastized by you for the game he played. He was certainly not guilty free. His attack on Ryker had so many holes I as scum could easily pick it apart. He also really wanted to mass-claim, which certainly didn't need to happen and certainly looked like rolefishing. You were the one that *****ed at everyoned after Dissidia that just because someone has the right reads, it means **** and even reflects worse on the player if they can't get them lynched. Chaco failed to do this and even ended the discussion early by self-hammering despite him dying to a normal lynch which would have probably forced Ryker to hammer which would have given scum an added disadvantage in lylo.

He didn't even have the correct reads until the very end of the push again him, which was more omgus than anything. He thought it was a TSN Ryker scumteam almost the entire game which helped us get support for Gova is LYLO.

Just because Chaco is a senior player doesn't mean his play can be covered up because other player's didn't listen to him. He played bad and was lynched for it. End of story.

If you manage to play like this successfully more than just that one time and against a better town than I will admit that it's not just the town's fault.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=296940

Exact same play in the exact same fashion against a better town. Kept all my scumbuddies alive with my anti-town manipulation despite them both being V/LA most of the game.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
This game was characteriszed by exceedingly weak town play, which resulted in a free win for the mafia. Ryker had to put very little effort into this game and when he did he immediately became a top-suspect - Kuz came to his aid and chainsawed Chaco without getting to feel any negative consequences while Ryker got to coast for the rest of the game. Under normal circumstances this would've been bad play - not against this town. I don't really have much more to say other than that I'm greatly disappointed.

Gova / Asdioh - you two aren't bad players. Just stop being such non-factors in these games for once - your ability to use reason could be actually helpful if you just showed that you actually have it. It's a waste of talent.

Chaco - you actually played really well and your reads were generally spot on. It's too bad that you couldn't affect anything simply because the townie consisted of tools for the most part. Stick around and you'll learn to deal with it. You still have the talent to outplay most of the people here.

Soup - horrible play, straight up. I often try to defend you when people makes snide remarks about your play but I feel it's going to be hard to justify my stance if you play like this. What on earth were you thinking when you claimed? Didn't it occur to you that your role might just be the most powerful one in a 9 player game? Didn't you see through Kuz' blatant bullshit after he mislynched a completely guilt-free Chaco? You make it too easy to win your trust for superficial reasons and it hurts your play so much ...
That's nice for you to defend me, and yeah, i played terrible, my claim was shoddy and it coulda used improvision, claiming JoAT made me too much of a target for scum, and my main motive was to stay low, there coulda been multiple things i coulda claimed, hell, i could just claimed VT and got away with it, but still.

I thought the push was a bit warranted, however, i think i'll remember this for another time, kuz completely swayed me back onto CR when i didn't really feel bad about him, and i felt it was convincing, then, afterwards, i was dissapointed at the use of a fake-vig shot, that stuff hardly ever works anymore and it was scummy, i understand that gambits like that can be pro-town, but all of the factors chaco did have against him mattered, even if he was right.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Town in Tiger's game was still bad. And Chaco wasn't OMGUSing you either - like I always say: whenever a scumbag is caught it's always "for the wrong reasons", m i rite?

Chaco was lynched because town was bad. He had Ryker and you as scum. He was playing well. Maybe you did play well too but I can't tell. But don't expect me to sugar-coat my mixed feelings on your play.

:059:

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Cello/Swiss/July/(J/Zen) Isn't a ****ty town gheb.

Chaco was lynched because he didn't play good enough. He may have caught on in the very end but he didn't play good enough to argue himself out of his lynch which has nothing to do with the other town players playing bad. They listned to me because I was convincing which is pretty much all I'm good at in this game anyway.

IDC about what you think of my play sugar coated or not I just can't see how you're giving town a smackdown for playing like **** and then tell Chaco he played well. I'm not doubting Chaco can play well but if you honestly think he played well this game then you need a reality check.

But that self hammer was so pro-town I don't even

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Apologizes again to everyone that was effected by my stupid mistake.

Apologizes to Joey for being slightly inactive and not posting as much as I should of. You're a hard man to keep up with. Great reads this game, and sorry that I held you back on them by always coming up with a new scum lead in the elevathn hour.

Yeah, we should probably hydra again. It was fun.;)

It's not up for debate but for what it's worth I think DH should get MVP. Truly great WIFOM play with the "lynch me cause I'm too much of a liability" ploy Day 2 as well as having Ryker as a direct town read. That really threw me off, as I almost never expect scum to do that.

Also, Gheb states what you did "anti town manipulation," but it all looked super legit to me. Great job coming up with such legit material to use against townies.

I think Kuz is smarter than most players on Dgames, no matter WHAT time period they came from.

Chaco didn't actually appear all that frustrated to me, at least not until the very end. I was actually kinda surprised because I was more or less expecting him to act more or less like he did in ToS mafia, but I didn't see it. Good reads dude, but that was some weird play there at the end, no offense.

Soup, meh. If you're not going to be active, then replace out, or don't sign up. Don't spend so much johning, it's only distracting. Coming in at the elevathn hour at the end of Day one to make some really bad cases made me really salty, no lie. Good read on GLG though guess.

Ryker, get carried son.

Thanks for hosting Gheb. Try not to be too salty about town's "bad play."

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Thanks Swords :)

You've got pretty good reads as town when you're active, which is the part of my game I'm trying to work on the most. If you notice in the QT I was actually scared of your slot the most out of all of them while I was talking to Ryker early game.

Lol @ gord saying that about everything I ever do

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Hey kuz you seriously got me to laugh out loud for about 25 seconds. You know I'm just playing babe it's your coworkers that are dumb not you :)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yeah it was a choice between you and TSN N1.

TSN because he pinned Ryker and you because literally everyone but Soup had a town read on you and we didn't need you continuing your connection case on Ryker. Would have been too dangerous to argue against it.

If you look back me and Ryker talked about it and agreed to pretty much *** kiss you until the point where you agreed to go GLG first and then Ryker no question on that SvS connection. Once GLG popped town and you weren't around to continue pushing Ryker we got away with keeping him alive. Somehow.

But yeah post less good cases and material if you want to survive.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Hey kuz you seriously got me to laugh out loud for about 25 seconds. You know I'm just playing babe it's your coworkers that are dumb not you :)
Dawww :)

I'm the exception to the rule.

But I already know that from your lyrical prowess.

T-block

B2B TST
lol; i'll take that as a compliment i guess

i'll keep that in mind though. i was under the impression that scum usually hunt PRs instead of going for obvtown people with a lot of connections. so when we died i was like "eh at least that might lead to a ryker lynch"

and then ryker didn't get lynched =(

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
lol; i'll take that as a compliment i guess

i'll keep that in mind though. i was under the impression that scum usually hunt PRs instead of going for obvtown people with a lot of connections. so when we died i was like "eh at least that might lead to a ryker lynch"

and then ryker didn't get lynched =(
Scum don't kill people who're obvtown and people with lots of connections if they have doubts if they can get away with it.

We already had Soup the psuedo doctor claim so we knew we'd be able to get away with killing you once we roleblocked him.

And yes, I think I speak for Ryker as well when we say you guys played a very good game. Shame you had to die N1 and funny that you tracked Ryker sending in the kill just as you died.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Soup, meh. If you're not going to be active, then replace out, or don't sign up. Don't spend so much johning, it's only distracting. Coming in at the elevathn hour at the end of Day one to make some really bad cases made me really salty, no lie. Good read on GLG though guess.
I really only stayed in because of kuz, he said he wanted me here so i kinda was like "what the **** ever" then i chopped through a half-*** case and was like "yep, all good." then D2 i hardly did anything, and D3..well..yeah.

Seikend

Smash Journeyman
Neat.

I was super active through D1, but it was pretty much Kuz after that. Guess I got a bit intimidated haha, didn't want to ruin whatever Kuz was planning. Was hoping for town since I feel like I can play at around Kuz's level as town, but as scum I couldn't really keep up.

Fun game anyway, hope to be around dgames a bit more now.

Thanks to Gheb for hosting, and Kuz for carrying us all the way.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
For all Seik hates scum he's undefeated while I don't think he's won a town game yet haha

Man I can't wait for the day our hydra gets town.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
>_> I was going to be pretty lazy in this game as part of a hydra... but then WL was forced to drop out and I was like welp.

I did some work with him, but for the most part just agreed with whatever he thoughts, I didn't put a ton of effort into it. When I found that I was alive in lylo though, I was gonna do some rereading and all... I thought it was a given that nobody (Soup) would quickvote in lylo, or at least that they would vote for scum... but I guess that was wrong.

So yeah Soup, don't do that. I don't even care about your claim, the super early vote in D3 was the worst.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I love how our slot doesn't even get mentioned in gheb's shoutout list.

Gheb, did our slot play THAT badly? lol.

Swords, you fixed my ****** mistakes in early game and you gave me ideas for what his scum motivation would be (I honestly didn't understand motivations that much until you said what you did haha). :)

:027:

Top Bottom