• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dr. Who Mafia, Endgame! Town wins! The universe is doomed!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ranmaru I think this was for you to answer??

why would you crumb in a game with an open setup?
anyways, I was trying to ask for your soup read aside from him being a PR?
Hm? Not sure what you mean. It doesn't need to be closed?

Town of course.

D

Deleted member

Request replacement.

sorry, should have done this yesterday but school and other stuff will keep me busy until at leas next sunday :/

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
EBWOP, sorry about the double post.

I'm having a hard time figuring out who to believe, so since its so slow at work today I'm gonna review everything and hope to come up with some reads of my own. Hard to make reads on the Internet I'm learning lol.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
J replaces Paprika Killer effective immediately!

Welcome him and say thanks!

Deadline has been extended to the 2nd on account of Memorial day and the number of replacements.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Hi everyone. Needed a refresher game so I can get back into the swing of these. Not necessarily a newbie but someone who is seriously out of playing this game. Anyways I'll be caught up by the end of tonight with a post. Looked over the playerlist, pls let the scum-team be Scary Kary. I would love it so much.

Anyways later for now.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

That feel when my strongest town read is Kary who I hate reading.

(as of middle section of pg. 5)

Pawn being lynched was silly. He was obvi town but seemed no one took the time to back up from that read and plowed through with it. The part where Pawn showed his obvi-towniness was when he voted/unvoted/voted Scary which to me showed town indifference and not knowing what exactly to do. He was trying to answer Kary's questions but he didn't know how to formulate answers well enough and therefore stumbled.

P.S. Kary is one of the hardest people to respond to ever. He makes his questions confusing and has his own tells for things that don't make sense. (well for me from the beginning of time) This time his motives show a lot clearer but it is odd to me that he pushed the Pawn wagon. Need to read a bit more of it.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
The reason for the P.S. was saying that I understood what Pawn was going through and could understand why he was going through such a hard time answering (it seemed to me at least)

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
kajfndbuiwfhqjknasbhgfyahisjnm

Kantrip was the one to die? I wanted to play with him. His spree of posts when he finally started posting lined up with my thoughts exactly.

Wah. I thought this game was super easier but at least it confirms that my reads thus far are correct. *shrug* Postives.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Vote: soup

you're scum

Omg omg omg omg omg.

Literally just jumped up and down on my couch at this. Yes. 1000x yes. Soup scum definitely is my opinion. Lemme explain a bit more in detail but I am just giddy now.

Soup is super scummy for me especially when he came into this game and gave a bunch of non-concrete opinions on a couple of different people and continuously tried to leave himself backdoors in his reads. One read that stuck out to me due to a conversation with Kanty was his read on Ran where in his entire post series, it read as him defending Ran and then when Kanty pointed that out, Soup went back and said he was against which didn't make much sense at all. I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one confused by that but now I can't pat Kanty on the back cuz he's dead (I can't touch dead bodies, ew.) Plus his reads were wafery. He also went with the group opinion which everyone seemed to be going with which was everyone on board with lynching Pawn. Conformity to blend in? My feels exactly.

Then I continued to read on a bit more before posting this blurb and pretty glad I did because I found these posts:

Soup said:
Lmao you're such an awful player hahahaha 'look at me i know soup is scum but i can't do anything about nor convince anyone guys follow me please newbies PLEASE' lmfao

Are you writing a huge post that's going to blow me out of the water? Tell me how much of a piece of **** I am? Tell me how I'm scum? Good. Don't ***** out now
Holy cow the disgusting nature of these quotes. The reason they are disgusting to me is because of Soup's over-confidence and the use of petty remarks towards Kary as a player to discredit him. He is blowing a lot of hot air for a reason I can only reason to believe is that he is scum trying to act tough. He looks terrible in this light and I am 100% comfortable with lynching him today. He wasn't even pleading for people to follow him. You over-inflated what he said to try and make your (oh gog dammit, I had a word in mafia I used for this all the time without having to explain. Anyone who can remind me gets a cookie.) point stronger when it's not. STRAWMANNING! Remembered it! Ignore the crossed out bit. But yeah that's what you are doing, strawmanning. (now I think I have confused the words.)

I also his continual berating of Kary's "terrible" play but him not bringing up any of these situations, not bringing a vote to him, acussing him of being a PR, but not calling him scum at all. Yet refusing to even lay a vote down on him What. Just what.

Back to reading and if I am sure on the votes then I am okay to do this while I continue:

Vote: Soup

Update on the rest of my reads. I am seeing a Soup/Ranmaru scum team. Zen is super flaky and weird so he can be scum-read #3 if either of my scum-reads don't work out because they make logical sense any of the three being scum together. I don't really see anyone else as scum. Kary is who I am most sure is town. I like Orbo. Scary is reading a newbie-town but he is more null with a few things leaning towards town. If I forgot someone, I guess that means they are null since I can't remember them.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Was just alerted a bit ago and just checked what it is. Apparantly you can like posts in games? Well that's good to know.

Zen why you silly? But I luv you still. <3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Actually I like Scary as much as I like Orbo (maybe a little more). But yeah I am caught up. Ready to lynch Soup and gonna be in my corner now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
J let's lynch Orbo! soup town man. Agree with Kary town. Scary null. Ran can die again :D. And something else. Oh you. Nothing for you yet.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Orboknown said:
More Zen votes IMO.
Fine with kantrip's catchup thus far.
Fine with TPK and probably pawn making it through toDay. Zen/Ran/Scary. the later two in either order.
Actually, put skytear after Zen
Where did this Ran suspicion come from? Take note this is RIGHT after Kantrip (Potassium) votes Ran and I'm all like "Yeah Ran lynch bay bee". Before this Orbo expressed NO suspicion of Ran at all. But now all the sudden he is in his lynch pool after noticing some lynch potential x3.
The subtlety of it is telling as well as it shows he was trying to get it in there without looking like he was backing off from his hard core Zen push. It's funny because in the last line he puts "actually put skytear after zen". This is in the same post, so why does he not just simply put skytear after Zen himself? Surely it's easier to type "skytear/" after my name rather than typing in that last sentence? I'll tell you why! He wanted Ran to be up there, but he also wanted his options to be open and again not look like he was suddenly changing face. It's him distancing himself from the lynch while also supporting it at this same time. This is like so apparent to me and I hope the rest of you are competent enough to see this.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Idk how else to put this but no. It would be contradictory to a lot of what I'm saying if I followed you on the lynch choice and just no. Can't do it at all.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I don't care if it's contradictory. If I'm right we hit scum. If I'm wrong you get a double vote. No strings attached. At all. Quit worrying about your image and just vote with me. I 100% will not hold it against you.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Zen said:
How am I worrying about my image? I'm saying things clear about how I don't think you are likely to be right and you are one of the most suspicious people in the game. You don't even try and bring anything back up again about Orbo but continously push it. You ignore what people say about reads you don't like and that's not how it works. We aren't doing what you want just to do what you want. That happened yesterday and failed miserably. You say to vote with you but you must be forgetting that I am not a sheep and I am pretty much (unless this has changed) one of the only people that will go against you and prove that you are wrong 9/10 times. If anyone else offered you the same ultimatum, you would not go through with it and you would even try and make it into an elaborate scheme to somehow try and use it against them.

Again, I'm going to say this one more time. No. That is my final answer. Bug someone else to vote with you because I will not be doing as such.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I know J just entered the game, but really liking J.

I still have Zen pretty high on my "scum" list just because of how day one turned out but man the posts about soup and Ran were nuts.

Also, #ScaryKarylolz, #whyarehashtagseverywhere?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
So I got some breakfast in me and I'm chilling at a mcdonalds so let's get to it. I like that you're quick to make an assumption already and vote me based on it, because I think if you rolled scum you wouldn't have nearly put as much effort into that mini-case nor would I see your need to do it anyways. It's bold. I like bold.

Soup is super scummy for me especially when he came into this game and gave a bunch of non-concrete opinions on a couple of different people and continuously tried to leave himself backdoors in his reads.[ One read that stuck out to me due to a conversation with Kanty was his read on Ran where in his entire post series, it read as him defending Ran and then when Kanty pointed that out, Soup went back and said he was against which didn't make much sense at all. I was happy to see that I wasn't the only one confused by that but now I can't pat Kanty on the back cuz he's dead (I can't touch dead bodies, ew.) Plus his reads were wafery. He also went with the group opinion which everyone seemed to be going with which was everyone on board with lynching Pawn. Conformity to blend in? My feels exactly.
Huh? My reads were pretty damn solid on D1 and they didn't waiver at all. I think I was pretty blunt about everything and it confuses me that you somehow think I was giving 'backdoors'. You actually misinterpret that. If you're implying I switched my stance on Ranmaru you'd be wrong, and when I meant against I meant against lynching I think I even tried to substantiate that. Conformity to blend in? Oh no, I'm pretty sure the common wagon at the time was Ranmaru and I came in here and spear-headed the whole game and got Pawn lynched. Instead of looking at it like you are, could you tell me if you disagreed with my reasoning on Pawndidater? Would you have a guess as to why Kantrip would die?

#HBC | ѕoup

Holy cow the disgusting nature of these quotes. The reason they are disgusting to me is because of Soup's over-confidence and the use of petty remarks towards Kary as a player to discredit him. He is blowing a lot of hot air for a reason I can only reason to believe is that he is scum trying to act tough. He looks terrible in this light and I am 100% comfortable with lynching him today. He wasn't even pleading for people to follow him. You over-inflated what he said to try and make your (oh gog dammit, I had a word in mafia I used for this all the time without having to explain. Anyone who can remind me gets a cookie.) point stronger when it's not. STRAWMANNING! Remembered it! Ignore the crossed out bit. But yeah that's what you are doing, strawmanning. (now I think I have confused the words.)
More like I wanted Kary to do something besides blow smoke. The random vote on me out of left field actually bothered me and I was hoping I could get something out of it, but instead we just led to a pointless argument and i knew Kary didn't have anything solid on me. Regardless, that doesn't justify not doing anything with it and the whole point of the antagonistic approach was to push Kary's buttons and get him to react. He instead kept cool most of the time and to be honest, I didn't like it. I figure even if Kary had something he would have called my bluff, which is what I wanted. It's not about acting tough, it's about forcing people to put up or shut up.

#HBC | ѕoup

I also his continual berating of Kary's "terrible" play but him not bringing up any of these situations, not bringing a vote to him, acussing him of being a PR, but not calling him scum at all. Yet refusing to even lay a vote down on him What. Just what.

Back to reading and if I am sure on the votes then I am okay to do this while I continue:
Kary's confidence and bravado reads as someone who has underlying information or has a reason to be confident.Do you remember Kary implying that he should be protected yesterday? That isn't something I'd consider a VT to concern themselves with, or at I don't believe. I don't think I've seen Kary ever act this way. Why do you think that I should vote Kary, or that I would? I didn't reach a conclusion with him, let alone actually find a reason to vote him. I'm on the fence with him, and I would appreciate if you would give your insight about this. I skimmed your reasoning on Kary, and I'm kind of doing this as I read. I figure responding to you would be most important.

#HBC | ѕoup

Update on the rest of my reads. I am seeing a Soup/Ranmaru scum team. Zen is super flaky and weird so he can be scum-read #3 if either of my scum-reads don't work out because they make logical sense any of the three being scum together. I don't really see anyone else as scum. Kary is who I am most sure is town. I like Orbo. Scary is reading a newbie-town but he is more null with a few things leaning towards town. If I forgot someone, I guess that means they are null since I can't remember them.
I'd like more on Me/Ran.

#HBC | ѕoup

Goddamnit. Who did J replace? TPK? He was my town-read earlier but something in my head seems messed up. J, I know you're trying to imply me and Ran are a scum-team (and boy are you wrong), but could you tell me what's tipping you off about Ran right now, if anything? Is your scum-read just based on interaction or is there something more? What do you think of zen sticking to Orbo despite being wrong on Pawn, and the fact that his whole case is busted because of it? I don't see how zen is still implying Orbo is scum, nor do I like him trying to push you into a vote.

Top Bottom