• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B.

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
i think Sheik should be her own independent character, seeing as how she has no TP form, they can't match her with TP Zelda, they just need to update her look and then make her her own character!!!

Earthbenderjump5

Smash Journeyman
TP Zelda can't transform in Sheik because Sheik is what Impa teched to Zelda. Impa isn't in TP so how would Zelda be able to transform in Sheik?
BTW the sign Zelda wore in TP was the Sheika's(Impa's race in OoT) not Sheik's
Yes But it is impa's race/the sheika's which is what sheik is a part of duh.
so most likely. she knew of impa, and the race. and she could've been sheik.
there was no need though. she surrendered. and was in no use because she gave herself in to save everyone from being killed. She didn't have to in Oot because ganondorf turned them into zombies without killing them. and zelda was little she was still being trained by impa at the time. although she was still very wise and suspected him. she could do nothing until he attacked. but she was supprised in TP. so most likely whats all adding up sheik is in.
Not as final smash. Sakurai (i never spell his name wright) wouldn't be that stupid. if he is. i would understand the stafy deal.

Iris

Smash Ace
That made no sense whatsoever. The symbol doesn't even represent Sheikahs, the race is nonexistant in TP. Sheik is as unrelated to TP and she is to WW and Minish Cap. You can't assume something exists because the lack of it being there. That's illogical.

If Sheik's in, it's because Sakurai doesn't want to let the gimmick go. That's all.

Today's event makes me uneasy about Sheik..
In one of the event pictures you can see ZS Samus, and Zelda together.

Transforming woman vs other transforming woman?

It could just be girl power, but it still makes me sightly uneasy =S
Ooh, now that you mention it, that's odd. If it were girl power, Peach would be in it, but she's not on the icon. And yeah, that's pretty much the whole icon showing, so Peach couldn't fit on it anyways.

It could easily be something else, but that's the first thing I would think too. I'm a little worried too, because not only would it suggest Sheik's in, but as an FS (because it'd be weird if an event about transformation had characters who obtain it far differently). Double whammy.

Oh well, it doesn't prove anything. Optimism ahoy!

Arean

Smash Ace
I dont think it would be Zamus vs Zelda... after all it is indeed co-op mode and you COULD be playing with each other not AGAINST... then again... I could be wrong

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
My god. How many times have I stated that I DO NOT want Sheik as an FS. That would be the worse possible scenario.
But with the update yesterday....really got me worried guys.

I wanted to make a discussion about it, but was too scared.
Anyways, yeah, what gets me through is saying "Oh...well it could be an event that Samus and Sheik are separate from the two people in the picture......" But that would make 6 fighters on the screen x.x

Oh Lord....PLEASE DON'T LET SHEIK BE A PART OF ZELDA!
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE!!!!!!!!!

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
It's either Zelda's final smash or not at all... Hopefull Sheik ain't in. (Don't get fooled by my avatar I thought it looked cool... <_<)

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
?? what is wrong with a Sheik FS I never understood everyones argument. There's a chance that FSs will be accepted competitively but theres about 7:3 (or more) chance that they will be banned.

If Sheik is an FS, Zelda will most likely be a full normal character. Look at Samus for instance, she seems to be around what she was in melee, which wasn't all that bad, and doesn't seem nerfed because she has Zamus. If Sheik is a transformation there's a chance that the melee scenario will happen again, with Zelda bieng nerfed for the sake of Sheik.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
?? what is wrong with a Sheik FS I never understood everyones argument. There's a chance that FSs will be accepted competitively but theres about 7:3 (or more) chance that they will be banned.

If Sheik is an FS, Zelda will most likely be a full normal character. Look at Samus for instance, she seems to be around what she was in melee, which wasn't all that bad, and doesn't seem nerfed because she has Zamus. If Sheik is a transformation there's a chance that the melee scenario will happen again, with Zelda bieng nerfed for the sake of Sheik.

Most Zelda players will fear a smash ball if Sheik is Zelda's FS is Sheik. Most Zelda players won't want to have the burden of having to have to play as Sheik until you gain another smash ball, and a lot of Zelda players will avoid the smash ball so they can stay as Zelda, cutting out Zelda's greatest attack.

Sheik should never be a FS. FS's are supposed to be a character's greatest power/ last resort. Sheik is in no way Zelda's greatest power. It's probably her worst power.

NastCF

Smash Apprentice
They could just change Sheik's design a little, like change her (his?) hair color, so that it would make some sense. I don't see why they should remove her (him?).

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They could just change Sheik's design a little, like change her (his?) hair color, so that it would make some sense. I don't see why they should remove her (him?).
Because obviously fanmade rules are more important than what Sakuri wants in the game.....

DUH!

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
My theory is that if Sheik does not return...

Nayru's Love will be her new DOWN B..

Regular B will be something else. Maybe light arrows, maybe an ocarina :p maybe a sword attack...

Or Nayru's Love would still be Regular B, and Down B would be a sealing type move (think Mewtwo).

I'm not a big fan of Sheik... where I live, most people use Sheik cause *gasp* Sheik = Ninja!! Naruto = Ninja!! Sheik = Naruto, LAWLZ!!

If she's back, then i hope she's nerfed.. a LOT.
If she's not, I hope she's an AT at least.. maybe playing the Ocarina/Harp to warp you to Death Mountain or something. XD

Black/Light

Smash Master

I don't think that has anything to do with "transforming characters". It's 2 player event mode. What does Link and Samus have in common? What does Yoshi and D3 have in common? I don't think this is some hint at Zelda transforming seeing as Zero can't transform (at will) and some of these 2 player events make no direct link between the characters.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964

I don't think that has anything to do with "transforming characters". It's 2 player event mode. What does Link and Samus have in common? What does Yoshi and D3 have in common? I don't think this is some hint at Zelda transforming seeing as Zero can't transform (at will) and some of these 2 player events make no direct link between the characters.
Event 1 is shown to be a gimmick

Trouble KINGS.

The gimmick being, they're both kings.

The gimmick between Zelda, and Samus could be that they can transform using Final Smashes.

Event 4also seems to have DK, and 3 Diddy's. All being Monkeys.

Quite a lot of Melee's events had gimmicks.
It's speculation that in even 6 we'll have to fight Zelda, and Samus, 2 women who can transform into alter egos using a final smash.
( Samus isn't really an alter ego, but she does transform through a final smash)

Also, Link,and Samus both have "dark" versions of themselves in their games. The black silhouettes are their dark forms most likely.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Event 1 is shown to be a gimmick

Trouble KINGS.

The gimmick being, they're both kings.

The gimmick between Zelda, and Samus could be that they can transform using Final Smashes.

Event 4also seems to have DK, and 3 Diddy's. All being Monkeys.

Quite a lot of Melee's events had gimmicks.
It's speculation that in even 6 we'll have to fight Zelda, and Samus, 2 women who can transform into alter egos using a final smash.
( Samus isn't really an alter ego, but she does transform through a final smash)

Also, Link,and Samus both have "dark" versions of themselves in their games. The black silhouettes are their dark forms most likely.
I only see one Diddy and one DK. And if some connection can be made between something as blunt as a color than I would look at the first thing to connect Zero to Zelda. . . .they are both women.

We don't know if you fit againts or with them seeing as all these seem to have only 2 playable characters (other than one) where you either choose someone to fit against the pic characters or fight as the pic characters.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I only see one Diddy and one DK. And if some connection can be made between something as blunt as a color than I would look at the first thing to connect Zero to Zelda. . . .they are both women.

We don't know if you fit againts or with them seeing as all these seem to have only 2 playable characters (other than one) where you either choose someone to fit against the pic characters or fight as the pic characters.

i HOPE it's simply because they're women.

It's all just speculation really. It could be anything. They could have no connection at all, and it could just be a random match.

This is what happens when Zelda doesn't get an update in 6 months.
haaa xD

Iris

Smash Ace
The women thing doesn't make much sense, as Peach is absent. She's definitely the girliest of the bunch, so why would she be excluded in an event match based on females?

Black/Light

Smash Master
The women thing doesn't make much sense, as Peach is absent. She's definitely the girliest of the bunch, so why would she be excluded in an event match based on females?
Cause theres only 2 characters you can play as or against in these events it seems. This is a 2 player mode so 3 controlable characters (for most of them) aint going to happen meaning they need only 2 characters for the players. Peach and Zelda or w/e other female will porbly have their own event in 2 player mode.

And plus, it doesn't have to make perfect sense. Yoshi and D3 have nothing in common yet they are apart of the S D one. If that dark one is for "dark characters" than Pitt/ Zelda or Fox could have been in there as well.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
Cause theres only 2 characters you can play as or against in these events it seems. This is a 2 player mode so 3 controlable characters (for most of them) aint going to happen meaning they need only 2 characters for the players. Peach and Zelda or w/e other female will porbly have their own event in 2 player mode.

And plus, it doesn't have to make perfect sense. Yoshi and D3 have nothing in common yet they are apart of the S D one. If that dark one is for "dark characters" than Pitt/ Zelda or Fox could have been in there as well.

Dark Link , and Dark Samus are characters from Zelda/ Metroid.
They are doppelgangers of Link , and Samus

Dark Fox / dark pit/ dark Zelda are costume palette swaps, and not an actual character from their respective series, so they wouldn't fit that event.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Today's event makes me uneasy about Sheik..
In one of the event pictures you can see ZS Samus, and Zelda together.

Transforming woman vs other transforming woman?

It could just be girl power, but it still makes me sightly uneasy =S
The Transforming Woman - a new primetime series on NBC starting Feb 10!

Honestly, I don't know what to think of that Event. If Sheik is still in at all I will cry.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
The Transforming Woman - a new primetime series on NBC starting Feb 10!

Honestly, I don't know what to think of that Event. If Sheik is still in at all I will cry.
I agree with you 100%
Sheik being an Final Smash is the worst possible scenario.
As I've said before, even though I don't want Sheik to be aprt of Zelda, I'd much rather have her as a DownB, that way I have a choice. But as I Final Smash is wrong on SO many levels.

Considering its not even her most powerful attack. Considering I don't want to play as that skank, I would have to turn the smash balls off. It would also disappoint the people who want to play purely as Sheik too, seeing as though they would have to pick Zelda and wait for a Smash Ball to appear. Not to mention, HOW MANY FLECKING CHARACTERS ALREADY HAVE A TRANSFORMATION FS. SAKURAI PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASEEEEEEEEEE YOU CAN'T BE DOING THIS TO BOTH OF THE PARTIES! D>

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah when I first saw that event I got pretty worried. Please dear god don't let Sheik be Zelda's FS. Why must Sakurai torture us? I bet if we knew something about Zelda we could have a better idea of what that event is. On the other hand it could just be a girl power 2.0 match which I hope is the case. Even with Peach excluded maybe you have to play as her and some other girl.

VideoGamer713

Smash Cadet
Actually, it's just Samus that has the transforming fs... And now there's jelly on my keyboard... dangit...
Bowser -> Giga Bowser
Sonic -> Super Sonic
Samus -> Zero Suit Samus, etc...

Samus is the only one who keeps her transformation, but more than one transform during their final smash.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
I DON'T CARE!
IF THEY DO THAT WITH ZELDA ITS TOO REPETITIVE!
How the hell could Sakurai choose THE WORST scenario out of all the possibilities is beyond me!

Gooodness, hopefully I'm just overexaggerating. :/
I swear, if Sheik is related to Zelda I'll scream
"I HATE YOU SAKURAI!"

Drake3

Smash Ace
I'm not a big fan of Sheik... where I live, most people use Sheik cause *gasp* Sheik = Ninja!! Naruto = Ninja!! Sheik = Naruto, LAWLZ!!
I would sig that equation if I could make space for it.

And like I said before...somewhere, ZSS vs Zelda could be Technology vs Magic.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
That theory makes no sense sir, since Samus is actually a man inside a woman's body raging to come out and show the world, so she hides her big boobs in a big block of metal so that no one will even know that she is human much less a woman.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone explain to me why the pro-Sheik players don't want Sheik separate if its their favourite player to play as?

I just don't understand why they keep pushing her on Zelda when she REALLY needs to be a full character this time around.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
That reason flecking irks me to no end.
Its like using Zelda simply because she has a better recovery.

People always give me the excuse that some of them like playing as Zelda and Sheik because they make up for each other's differences/weaknesses.
Do you get to switch between Bowser and Sonic at will? NO!

I dunno, it just really annoys me when they try to force Sheik on Zelda simpy because of her recovery when Zelda NEEDS to be a whole character this time, but it dosen't matter to the Sheik-ers simply because Sheik is already broken.\
Tis a sad thing. ]:

Shmmitty

Smash Rookie
I swear I'll shoot myself is they give Zelda light arrows. A blind monkey on crack has better accuracy than her.
Rofl, ya thats true, but she'll probbly have light arrows since she had them on Orcanrina of Time and Twilight Princess. I dont know why they wouldnt have them in brlaw, but she does have pretty back accuracy lol

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That reason flecking irks me to no end.
Its like using Zelda simply because she has a better recovery.

People always give me the excuse that some of them like playing as Zelda and Sheik because they make up for each other's differences/weaknesses.
Do you get to switch between Bowser and Sonic at will? NO!
Erm, but Bowser and Sonic do not transform into one another....

However if bowser had an alter-ego that was similar to sonic, I'd be all for the possibility of the inclusion.

It's a unique mechanic that Zelda had to make the character more interesting, incorporating the transformation into an alter-ego she assumed.

Why not use both? That's how the character was DESIGNED.

I dunno, it just really annoys me when they try to force Sheik on Zelda simpy because of her recovery when Zelda NEEDS to be a whole character this time, but it dosen't matter to the Sheik-ers simply because Sheik is already broken.\
Tis a sad thing. ]:
You understand that Sheik is Zelda (granted, Sheik references to a specific Zelda but still), so Sheik's incorporation and usage doesn't make Zelda any less a whole character.

Look, yell at Nintendo for making Sheik too powerful and making the transformation time too long, thus forcing people to choose and making too few people actually use her uncostumed self.

Still, that doesn't mean they need to overreact remove an interesting mechanic, it means they need to apply it better.

Can anyone explain to me why the pro-Sheik players don't want Sheik separate if its their favourite player to play as?

I just don't understand why they keep pushing her on Zelda when she REALLY needs to be a full character this time around.

The whole point of Sheik is that he/she/it/potato is actually Zelda, separating the two makes little sense.

Same deal as why I don't really like the idea of WW Link, two incarnations of the same overarching characterization isn't really terribly logical.

Assuming of course smash Zelda and smash Link and Smash Gannondorf represent all their incarnations, which by all indications they do.

Top Bottom