• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Down B.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
With the strong possibilty Sheik is gone (IMO) due to her being in her twilight princess look, Zelda will need a new down B. What could it be?

And before you start saying that because she kept the other three moves she'll keep Sheik too, keep in mind that the three things she used in Melee were items in Hyrule that could have been kept during the 50 odd years between OoT and TP also keep in mind that Zelda is the head of the sages of Hyrule so it wouldn't be odd to think that the goddesses would each bless her with some sort of power. That can all make sense, but Sheik just wouldn't. It's like having Tom Nook transform into Crazy Redd.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
I could imagine them somehow implementing Light arrows, since shes had them in the past... 3 zelda games, that would be interesting. *flees before the sheik mains arrive*

Darkurai

Smash Master
Zelda never used Farore's Wind OR Din's Fire in Twilight Princess, yet they've both been shown in Brawl.

Explain that please.

Arean

Smash Ace
Zelda's design is BASED from twilight princess. That doesnt mean her moves must come from twilighht princess now does it? Heck dins fire and farores wind are moves of link not zelda and yet they can do whatever they want in this game. This is the smash world, not the zelda universe so anything can be possilbe. For a down b IMO the best one they can give her is either the Light arrows or her Rapier

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . .Zelda's melee moves where simply items Link used in OoT. TP is like 100 years after that and these items could very well have been in TP's time. Having her use items from years ago is one thing. . . .having her transform into a character from 100 years ago (as in, her old relative) that she never had anything to do with is another.

If Shiek is in than I prosume that she will be her own character and that Zelda will have a down Bv.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
If Sheik is in, then she should still be Zelda's transform. I don't really want her to return, but I won't whine if she does. But- Sheik CAN'T be her own character. She's Zelda. She'll always be Zelda. That would be having OoT Zelda and TP Zelda in Brawl, I'd rather have her transform and deal with the discontinuity than having Sheik separate.

Of course, I'd rather hope she will not return, even if I like to play the Zelda/Sheik game sometimes.

EPX2

Smash Ace
*sigh*

TP Zelda =/= SSB Zelda. Sheik will return, without a doubt, and as Zelda's Down + B move.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
With the strong possibilty Sheik is gone (IMO) due to her being in her twilight princess look, Zelda will need a new down B. What could it be?

And before you start saying that because she kept the other three moves she'll keep Sheik too, keep in mind that the three things she used in Melee were items in Hyrule that could have been kept during the 50 odd years between OoT and TP also keep in mind that Zelda is the head of the sages of Hyrule so it wouldn't be odd to think that the goddesses would each bless her with some sort of power. That can all make sense, but Sheik just wouldn't. It's like having Tom Nook transform into Crazy Redd.
I'm going to disagree with the idea of Sheik being gone for reasons I will explain later in my post. However, I will agree that there is a possibility that Sheik could be her own character and Zelda will need a new move. Personally, I'm going to agree with the rapier suggestions. Just seems to make sense with TP Zelda.

Also, on a side note, where did you get the number 50? Nintendo is so inconsistent with timeframes in the Zelda series. :dizzy:

Zelda never used Farore's Wind OR Din's Fire in Twilight Princess, yet they've both been shown in Brawl.

Explain that please.
He did. In his first post. You fail.

I swear I'll shoot myself is they give Zelda light arrows. A blind monkey on crack has better accuracy than her.
Don't shoot yourself, that's selfish; let someone else do it.

*sigh*

TP Zelda =/= SSB Zelda. Sheik will return, without a doubt, and as Zelda's Down + B move.
I agree that Sheik will return, but if Zelda's Down + B move isn't being changed, then why would she be withheld from the demo roster at E for All? Most likely because they're not yet ready for us to know they've changed her, or possibly haven't finished changing her yet.

Regarding the issue of Sheik's return, I found an article a month or two back citing quotes from the director of Twilight Princess, saying that he'd been consulted by Sakurai for approval of Twilight Princess-style designs of Sheik and Gannondorf. So, I'd say it's pretty well assured those two will be back.

If anyone really wants me to, I suppose I can see if I can dig the link up, but it was up on IGN for awhile, so I don't think it should be hard to find.

Andy

CORRUPTiON

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure you were not the only person to have found that site. It was posted by someone on the boards. Also, you answered your own question that was never in question. Sorry I don't like smart alecks.

All that aside, I agree with the rapier idea. Light arrows seem boring unless they somehow make them distinctly different than Pit's.

xianfeng

Smash Hero

Explain that please.
I allready did.

As for that interview saying models for Sheik and Ganny were submitted that could be for anything from a Playable character to Background character to AT to Trophy or even a sticker.

Hong

The Strongest
Well, when Ganondorf controlled her she attacked you with that ability that made a triforce on the ground and then shot up a pillar of light. While this ability may only be possible with Ganondorf controlling her, Ness doesn't learn PSI Fire or Thunder and Mario can't shoot fire without a Fire Flower so shush. >:/

They could make this a chargable short-mid ranged ability to give her more options. The only time you can comfortably use Din's Fire is if the foe is at a reasonable distance because it leaves Zelda quite vunlerable. Having a quick explosive attack that she can use before having to resort to melee combat or shhfl'd f-airs would make her a more well rounded character in my opinion.

Yoshi1999

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to disagree with the idea of Sheik being gone for reasons I will explain later in my post. However, I will agree that there is a possibility that Sheik could be her own character and Zelda will need a new move. Personally, I'm going to agree with the rapier suggestions. Just seems to make sense with TP Zelda.

Also, on a side note, where did you get the number 50? Nintendo is so inconsistent with timeframes in the Zelda series. :dizzy:

I agree that Sheik will return, but if Zelda's Down + B move isn't being changed, then why would she be withheld from the demo roster at E for All? Most likely because they're not yet ready for us to know they've changed her, or possibly haven't finished changing her yet.

Regarding the issue of Sheik's return, I found an article a month or two back citing quotes from the director of Twilight Princess, saying that he'd been consulted by Sakurai for approval of Twilight Princess-style designs of Sheik and Gannondorf. So, I'd say it's pretty well assured those two will be back.

If anyone really wants me to, I suppose I can see if I can dig the link up, but it was up on IGN for awhile, so I don't think it should be hard to find.

Andy
GANNON-BANNED =O

@being withheld from the demo part: It makes just as much sense that Zelda wasn't in the demo because they didn't want people to know Sheik was in yet.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
B] But- Sheik CAN'T be her own character. She's Zelda. She'll always be Zelda. [/B]
I think that there's a fair bit more difference between Shiek and Zelda than Dr. Mario and Mario... yet Dr Mario is his own character?
Well he's not going to be in Brawl

...and Zelda IS most likely getting Shiek transformation...

We'll just have to wait and see what happens

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I think that there's a fair bit more difference between Shiek and Zelda than Dr. Mario and Mario... yet Dr Mario is his own character?
I've always hated Dr. Mario for that reason. However...

Dr. Mario = Mario in Dr. disguise

Sheik = Zelda in Sheikah disguise

However, Sheik was a part of Zelda's character, Dr. Mario was his own clone. And I hope he gets seriously kicked out.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Uhh... just a thought, could Zelda just been left out of demo for the simple purpose of limiting the number of characters in the demo overall? Sometimes I think things aren't nearly as complication as they are made to look like XD

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman

Andy[/COLOR][/FONT]
I believe you, and I reckon Sheik (and the Ganon-meister) will both be returning. However, could I have that link anyway please?

If she doesn't, whoever said the AoE Triforce thing would be mad.

Either that or transform into Tetra. <_<

blueriku

Smash Journeyman

first in need to correct you on a couple of things first off yes zelda is the leader of sages but her blessed power is light magic, second OOT and TP is NOT 50 years apart its thousand of years apart also TP is parallel to wind waker TP taking after child link time line. also imo sheik would make a great return, but i also think she will be nerfed like fox did. i also would like to ask a question why would u not want sheik in, if u don't like sheik then don't use her and stop complaining their is no reason to take her out especially if its just cuz u don't like her.

Destructioncalls

Smash Cadet
Well I thought it was kind of odd that Zelda was the 1st returning veteran shown that we still no nothing about. I mean she was the 1st one we got to see that wasn't in the old May and November videos. Honestly think the next veteran shown is gonna be Sheik. I mean that has to be the reason why Zelda has been pushed aside for all this time! Shes been on the dojo site FOREVER, yet we know the least about her and she ain't even in the demo. I'm sure there has to be a reason why there keeping Zelda in the dark and it gots to be Sheik.

:034:

Smash Hero
This is a 'what if' thread, amirite? So no discussion whether or not Sheik will be in? Alright!

I think her down+b could be sword-related? It'd be interesting if she'd pull her sword for a good thirty seconds to rack damage, then she automatically puts it back so you can do a devastating bair or fair.

Lauf

Smash Apprentice
My ideas of what may down b would b
1. may become nyrule's love and b become like arrows
2. let zelda take out her sword from tp and is used like an item
3. sheik will come back

imo the 3rd is the most likely the other 2 were just ideas i made up

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I don't think Sheik returning is too likely. I think the Light arrows would make sense considering how she's used them about three times now, they could be made different to Pit's Light Arrows like not haveing as good range but more power or being chargable (or not if his are)

EPX2

Smash Ace
I don't think Sheik returning is too likely. I think the Light arrows would make sense considering how she's used them about three times now, they could be made different to Pit's Light Arrows like not haveing as good range but more power or being chargable (or not if his are)
Any particular reason why you think Sheik won't be returning?

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx

No. Did you also notice characters with complicated movesets weren't in either? Like Pokemon Trainer(since he's 3 in one), Kirby(his copy move), etc. Zelda was shown in the SSE trailer at E for All, with a computer playing as her. She looks great, although I'm not liking her dress - it's huge.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Well I thought it was kind of odd that Zelda was the 1st returning veteran shown that we still no nothing about. I mean she was the 1st one we got to see that wasn't in the old May and November videos. Honestly think the next veteran shown is gonna be Sheik. I mean that has to be the reason why Zelda has been pushed aside for all this time! Shes been on the dojo site FOREVER, yet we know the least about her and she ain't even in the demo. I'm sure there has to be a reason why there keeping Zelda in the dark and it gots to be Sheik.
The reason Zelda got that day is because The Phantom Hourglass was released that day. Sakurai is not a s random as you think.

But that still doesn't explain the lack of updates.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Well between these two arguments ive found a compromise:
If im correct Zelda has never been shown using Nayru's love. If Nayrus love is replaced by a Rapier slsh or light arrows, then she could still have Sheik as her Down-b.
If Nayru's love has been shown, then disregard this post completely

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
OMG. Any of Zelda's B moves will NOT be replaced by a sword!!! She doesn't even use one, and she's a magic user!

:034:

Smash Hero
OMG. Any of Zelda's B moves will NOT be replaced by a sword!!! She doesn't even use one, and she's a magic user!
Uhm? Did you play Twilight Princess? She has a rapier, and uses it to battle Link, albeit controlled by Ganon.. But even so, if she HAS a rapier, she SHOULD be able to use it, right?

EPX2

Smash Ace
*shrugs*

I think Zelda relying on her magical abilities is a pretty cool concept... I don't really understand why people are so eager to give her a primarily sword-based moveset.

Black/Light

Smash Master
*shrugs*

I think Zelda relying on her magical abilities is a pretty cool concept... I don't really understand why people are so eager to give her a primarily sword-based moveset.
I thought that she could use it like Shiek. . . as in her whole move set changes and she becomes the cloaked sword user she was in TP.

But really, I think that it's one of these as a reason we have yet to see her playable. . .
1. They simply gave her a down Bv that makes her us Light arrows or some other LoZ item and DON'T want to deconfirm Shiek right now.
2. They gave her a new Bv where she becomes "Warrior/ Cloaked Zelda" and she uses her sword along with magic and items like the Light Arrows and such. They just don't want people to know this.
3. She still have Shiek as her Bv but don't want people to know for some reason.

I personnaly think that 2 is the most likely.:p

Like, just look at Link. DoJo said that because his design was taken from TP that his B moves where charged some as a result. I would find it odd for Link to have changes to his moves, Ganon to most likely have his TP look and sword (meaning a HUGE change from Melee) but than Zelda has to have the same move-set and Shiek tranformation from Melee when Shiek is from a whole other game. I really think that Sword/ Cloaked Zelda with light arrows and new TP moves will be her Bv with reg Zelda staying as she is.

EPX2

Smash Ace
Link's moves haven't really changed, though; they've just been slightly altered. They're still virtually the exact same moves we saw in SSB and SSBM, so it wouldn't be much of an understatement to call those changes minor in that they don't really have a huge effect on the way Link works for the most part. We wouldn't be able to say the same if Zelda ends up losing Sheik; that takes away a MAJOR component of her entire character. And to do that just because TP Zelda doesn't transform into Sheik (who isn't the Zelda that appears in the SSB series, meaning that there's nothing stopping SSB Zelda from transforming) is ridiculous.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Link's moves haven't really changed, though; they've just been slightly altered. They're still virtually the exact same moves we saw in SSB and SSBM
But the point is that they choose to change Link even thouth he is basicly the same in mostly all LoZ games BECAUSE he has his TP appearance. Theres nothing really big they would have had to change seeing as he has the same main weapons in all LoZ games. Zelda and Ganon, on the othe hand, change alot between games.

And I think that the only thing "big" about Shiek in Melee and OoT was her being Zelda in ninja form. The idea of Zelda having 2 personals in the series was probly the driving force to give her a transformation and if thats the case than Shiek isn't "needed" for Zelda now as much as just having a different persona to transform into is.

IMO having Zelda transform into Shiek in brawl just because that was a "big thing about her in melee" is along the lines of keeping Ganondorf a Falcon clone just cause thats how he was in melee. I personally think it's ridiculous to have Zelda in brawl transform into a character from a whole other game thats dead and gone in the series now "just cause" Zelda transformed in Melee. Like having MM Link have a story for SSE that has him transform into TP link after getting the MS....he transformed into a adult in OoT so why not:ohwell:

But that, again, is just my opinion. I respect your opinion but IDK if Zelda will transform into Shiek in brawl and I personally don't think she will.

EPX2

Smash Ace
But the point is that they choose to change Link even thouth he is basicly the same in mostly all LoZ games BECAUSE he has his TP appearance. Theres nothing really big they would have had to change seeing as he has the same main weapons in all LoZ games. Zelda and Ganon, on the othe hand, change alot between games.

Right, and that's exactly my point. I'm not denying that the Gale Boomerang isn't a direct result of Link's TP appearance - Sakurai himself has acknowledged that. However, since it's a relatively minor change, there's far less issues with him having done that. Removing a major part of Zelda's character isn't really comparable to Sakurai upgrading Link's Boomerang.

And I think that the only thing "big" about Shiek in Melee and OoT was her being Zelda in ninja form. The idea of Zelda having 2 personals in the series was probly the driving force to give her a transformation and if thats the case than Shiek isn't "needed" for Zelda now as much as just having a different persona to transform into is.
Sheik provides a much different experience than when playing as Zelda. Strategies differ wildly between the two, which is why I'm saying that to just remove someone who, in theory, is suppose to complement Zelda as a fighter would be ridiculous. It just massively changes a character in ways that are completely unnecessary.

IMO having Zelda transform into Shiek in brawl just because that was a "big thing about her in melee" is along the lines of keeping Ganondorf a Falcon clone just cause thats how he was in melee. I personally think it's ridiculous to have Zelda in brawl transform into a character from a whole other game thats dead and gone in the series now "just cause" Zelda transformed in Melee. Like having MM Link have a story for SSE that has him transform into TP link after getting the MS....he transformed into a adult in OoT so why not:ohwell:
I see your point, but your analogy is flawed for the simple fact that Ganondorf isn't being "advertised" as a Falcon clone. Zelda transforming into Sheik is a gimmick of sorts that plays a LAAAARGE part in her role as a fighter in Melee; Ganondorf being a clone of Captain Falcon was simply because the developers wanted to flesh out the roster and that was the easiest way of doing so. Melee doesn't really try to play up the fact that Ganondorf's moveset is an altered form of CF's, whereas it stresses that Zelda can transform into Sheik and that they largely complement each other every opportunity it can.

Basically, Ganondorf being a clone of CF isn't really used as a "selling point" for the character, while Zelda being able to transform into Sheik and vice-versa is.

But that, again, is just my opinion. I respect your opinion but IDK if Zelda will transform into Shiek in brawl and I personally don't think she will.
Same, except I'm certain that Zelda will still have her Transform move and that it will still result in her transforming into Sheik. :p

**** color tags. Oh well.

Top Bottom