• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Does anyone like the 35 roster?

Ryusuke

Smash Cadet
From the looks of it, it seems like I'll be content with the roster. Most of the characters have unique movesets, and I'm alright with the semi-clones. The roster only brought in one character I actually wanted the most (Sonic), and brought in several "WTF, mate" characters (R.O.B., Snake, PKMN Trainer). Sure, I was disappointed that Geno, Mega Man, Andy and Ray 01 didn't make it. But, y'know what, it's not worth killing for. I wasn't really expecting to get THE perfect roster of all time, if that is even possible. People set up their expectations too high, thinking that they'll get what they want because it is all for the sake of fan service. That is not the case. For obtaining 3rd parties, Nintendo is not rich. Snake totally blew us away, and they actually brought in Sonic because he was the most popular in votes. And, it takes a lot of money to buy those rights, I imagine.

Most of the disappointments, I can live with. I thought they'd change Ganondorf to be true to his own character and not...Falcon (Why did they do that in the first place is a big mystery to me).

There's much more to game than the characters. I'm just amazed how much material they managed to squeeze in the game

Kojy

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kojyneox
i like it, not love it, but like it
ginally one of my fav characters from nintendo gets a spot in Brawl: Wolf
i woul`ve ove to see sigurd instead of marth/ike
but oh what the hell
i give a 8.5 out of 10

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
It's funny how the roster is good for the most part...but just the fact that a few high wanted characters didn't get in because of a few clones and a WTF character makes me very angry. Seriously, just a few more in demand characters to that roster would have pushed this game from being very good, to being great. Even after I get over my anger at the final roster, I will always think about how this game could have just been that much better.

Blaze the cat

Smash Apprentice
No. It's one of the worst rosters anyone could have possibly conceived. I'm actually considering canceling my pre-order, because of this is the final roster, it won't much different from Melee. No sense in wasting $50 on that.

I mean, no new female characters? Why? Why not just one? Why, oh why, Wolf and Falco (Fox clones, no less) over Krystal? Ergh....

Machineking1313

Smash Cadet
I love it! Except Rob is WTF? but I am sure I will like him after I play him a few times...just whiny kids who are fat complain....

Noypi_GjD

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai was on the homestretch to making the perfect game. Just a bit more delays would have made it perfect.... I can wait Sakurai T_T...

Its just really troubling me that:
Wolf is in rather than Krystal
Toon Link is a clone
Ganon doesn't use the sword/magic in any attacks
No other FE characters
No other Metroid Rep
A lot of those AT look like they were promising characters, how they did not beat Wolf (Lyn/LittleMac/Saki)... is just saddening.

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
I like it. at first i was kinda dissapointed about rob, jiggs, and G&W, and I would have rather had Isaac, another FE rep, and another 3rd party, but then I realised theres already like 5 or 6 characters I'm going to use and thats plenty, so to want more would simply be selfish.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Well thank god the idiots who hated the roster so much that they'd canceled their pre-order or killed them self, because quite honestly I don't want to experience those people online.

Sheer Cold

Smash Journeyman
I'm ok with the number I wish there were more but we would always want more. I'm not liking a few of the character choices Wolf and ROB mainly.

Tabris-

Smash Apprentice
For the most part, I am very happy :)

I am disgruntled about ROB having a place over other characters, simply for the WTF factor and the fact that he's being pushed down our throats in just about every Nintendo game as of late. I do wish the roster was a little bit bigger though (it's already huge, so a few more wouldn't hurt :)). After everyone has gone and completed SSE, I doubt many people are going to be playing it over and over again, and it's for that reason I'd have preferred a few extra characters for a shorter SSE. Or even more events, since there are only supposed to be 26 this time around :(

Marcman2020

Smash Cadet
Meh... sorry to say, but I have a few problems with it... well, 3 mainly

1. Lack of Ganon's move change... sure his final smash is different, but I wish he had a move where he used his sword atleast...

2. Falco and Wolf, from what I see, appear to be fox clones (correct me if I'm wrong) I would perfer if one of them be removed for Krystal, who'd most likely would have had a more original move set

3. R.O.B (AKA ROBOT) strikes me as too awkward... I wanted Lip... Sorry...

but oh well... you can't always get what you want...Hopefully she'll be an assist trophy... or atleast a regular trophy...

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
Falco is a little luigified this time. Wolf IS luigified.
To be honest, Wolf looks more like an original character to me. All of his basic moves are completely original. The only similar thing to Fox is his B moves, which have been shown to be different.

STILL not sure about Falco, though, lol.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
To be honest, Wolf looks more like an original character to me. All of his basic moves are completely original. The only similar thing to Fox is his B moves, which have been shown to be different.

STILL not sure about Falco, though, lol.
Oy, Starfox, what a dilemma. Everyone loved Falco, but he was destined to be a Fox clone. Wolf is different, but too similar at the same time. Lots of people wanted Krystal, but lots of people also didn't want Krystal. I wonder what went through Mr. Sakurai's head when deciding who was in the end.

Andromeda

Smash Lord
I like it. I said that Lucario would be in Brawl since I heard of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, and I got right. Not that it was a hard guess...

All the old good favorites are back (at least most of them) and I'm quite sure that we will have many new favorites among the newcomers.

sprials

Smash Rookie
I think its good. Wolf's addition is a little disappointing, but I've never played the Starfox games, never thought too much of them, so 3 from that series is a little much.

Top Bottom