• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Shroomed

Smash Master
Either I suck now, or everyone learned how to **** Doc. I struggle ridiculously hard with Zhu now.

Idk if it's Doc or me. 90% me but I'd rather blame my character than admit I'm less skillful than I once was.

ColZDude

Smash Rookie
dajuan dude.

tiensi no akuma's katarina
arch angeloid's pantheon
crs veigar's veigar

that is all.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
bouncingchest is such a good name

Mango said names are your thing though

Captainblowjob, smoke2jointz, bouncingchest... they're all amazing lmao

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Went to my second tourney (Rage) with :drmario: this past weekend and got 9th of 36 (or something lol). I lost to M2K in winners and carroll in losers. Here's a vid of me vs. Carroll, can anyone give me some critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvX_lJj9hA

Also, what do I do vs. :sheikmelee:? I mean I know it was M2K and all, but I still need help in that MU.

boss8

Smash Hero
Went to my second tourney (Rage) with :drmario: this past weekend and got 9th of 36 (or something lol). I lost to M2K in winners and carroll in losers. Here's a vid of me vs. Carroll, can anyone give me some critique.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGvX_lJj9hA

Also, what do I do vs. :sheikmelee:? I mean I know it was M2K and all, but I still need help in that MU.
you kinda like to roll/abuse nair alot....

try rolling less,more dash dances,usmashes OOS,and more nair mixups...

don't forget CC dsmash is ur best friend...along with utilt..

don't get me wrong rolling is good in some situational circumstances...

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Shroomed, make my :drmario: better :(

EDIT: Lol just saw you're post Boss, thx. What percent should I stop trying to CC stuff (approximately). Also, what options should I choose besides rolling?

Max?

Smash Champion
When you should CC is a tough thing to answer. It's different against every move in the game, so if there is one you're looking specifically don't be afraid to ask. CC is really good in general, so it doesn't hurt to abuse it a lot. Overtime you'll get a feel for when not to do it.

In regards to your rolling problem, the solution is probably just not to go in shield in the first place. It stops all of your momentum, gives up position on the stage, and is more or less a free invite for your opponent to do w'e they want to you. So yeah, work on them footsies and try to commit to shield only if you have to. Doc does have some solid OOS options tho, and in certain matchups playing shield heavy is really good (Falco/Marth come to mind). WD oos is your best friend, and dont forget about Usmash/UpB, and the infamous UpB Cancel oos. They all take priority over the roll.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble using Doc in teams, I know he is a great character in teams, but I don't think I'm using his full potential. I feel like I just throw out moves and go after whoever is closest. Does anybody know what I should/should not be doing in teams?

Shroomed

Smash Master
These things are your jobs in teams as Doc: Save stock, punish everything you can heavily (which is generally a dsmash), save your teammate from team combos, and edgeguard.

You should virtually never be the aggressor. You're the support. Cover your teammate as he goes in and stay alive/rack up damage/kill people with your somewhat strong fair/dsmash.

Mr.Lemon

Smash Journeyman
These things are your jobs in teams as Doc: Save stock, punish everything you can heavily (which is generally a dsmash), save your teammate from team combos, and edgeguard.

You should virtually never be the aggressor. You're the support. Cover your teammate as he goes in and stay alive/rack up damage/kill people with your somewhat strong fair/dsmash.
Oh ok I was totally being way too aggressive then. Thank you for the info this will definitely help me, I'll keep it all in mind.

unknown522

Some guy
Jiggs, peach, fox, falco, sheik, falcon

Use your pills into the fray and try to disrupt the opponent. You also usually want to be the one edgeguarding since cape is fairly easy to hit. You should be stock tanking as doc, though he has some pretty good kill power.

If you want to play an iso strat (like Raynex and I did), you should fight whichever character is more floaty (or if there is a peach as one of your opponents [unless your teammate is not a FFer]) otherwise, fight the character that your teammate can't combo as hard.

:phone:

Shroomed

Smash Master
Jiggs, peach, fox, falco, sheik, falcon

Use your pills into the fray and try to disrupt the opponent. You also usually want to be the one edgeguarding since cape is fairly easy to hit. You should be stock tanking as doc, though he has some pretty good kill power.

If you want to play an iso strat (like Raynex and I did), you should fight whichever character is more floaty (or if there is a peach as one of your opponents [unless your teammate is not a FFer]) otherwise, fight the character that your teammate can't combo as hard.

:phone:
Generally I agree with all your posts but I think Jiggs, Peach, and Sheik are really bad teammates for Doc. ESPECIALLY Jiggs/Peach, and I play Doc/Peach quite a lot lol

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
So I've been messing around with Doc a bit cause he's really fun. I just learned how to upB cancel consistently(alot easier than I thought it would be heh). Anyways, a few questions.

how useful is the upB cancel?
whats the trick to hitting spacies with upsmash out of shield? I think I'm bad at it lol.
whats the best way to deal with sheik's sh ff autocancel fair?

Max?

Smash Champion
So I've been messing around with Doc a bit cause he's really fun. I just learned how to upB cancel consistently(alot easier than I thought it would be heh). Anyways, a few questions.

how useful is the upB cancel?
whats the trick to hitting spacies with upsmash out of shield? I think I'm bad at it lol.
whats the best way to deal with sheik's sh ff autocancel fair?
1. I don't use UpB cancel at all. You can't combo off of it, so I only see it being useful OOS to escape shield pressure. Perhaps I should try to integrate it in my game more, but I don't really see the use in it.

2. I look for it in a few places. Punish laggy move into shield. The usmash animation starts behind you, so it's good for when people try to cross you up. In spacie shield pressure you want to try and hit them right after the shine. It's also trades with certain moves (like Falco dair), which will give you positional advantage and in certain instances a combo follow up (you're at lower %, they are at higher)

3. Run the **** away, space ftilt/utilt, shield approach -> stuff, uair

I'd run the **** away honestly

Max?

Smash Champion
I wouldn't say it's impossible. Anything in this game is possible if your opponent is ******** enough

Top Bottom