• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Let me guess, Pyra is a Blade, so she's actually 5 or something?
No, she's one of the few Blades to have lived since the Aegis War, so she's actually really old.

EDIT: It's one of the few times where that silly lampshade is actually plot relevant, and they're not even a lollie. lol

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
This might sound weird, but it's nice to get another unique fighter that's fully female with no asterisks attached.

Peach
Zelda
Samus
Palutena
Rosalina
Bayonetta
Min Min
Pyra

Pretty much every other female fighter in Smash is either an alter ego of one of the above characters (Sheik, ZSS), a clone/deriative character (Lucina, Isabelle, Daisy, etc), a character attached to the hip of a male (Kazooie), or some kind of avatar that has to also have male skins (Inkling, WFT, Robin, Corrin, Byleth, etc).

Last edited:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So as a person who wanted Rex, I do have some complicated thoughts on this, though overall positive since I get to play as Mythra.

But that isn’t important right now. What is important though is that oh my god this was my dream reveal trailer. If we ever got a xenoblade 2 trailer I wanted it in xenoblade 2’s engine and they absolutely delivered. They even threw in a reference to the challenge mode dlc with Shulk at the end. Absolutely perfect.

10/10 perfect trailer for me.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
This might sound weird, but it's nice to get another unique fighter, two of them really, that's fully female with no asterisks attached.

Peach
Zelda
Samus
Palutena
Rosalina
Bayonetta
Min Min
Pyra
Mythra

Pretty much every other female fighter in Smash is either an alter ego of one of the above characters (Sheik, ZSS), a clone/deriative character (Lucina, Isabelle, Daisy, etc), a character attached to the hip of a male (Kazooie), or some kind of avatar that has to also have male skins (Inkling, WFT, Robin, Corrin, Byleth, etc).
it does have an asterisk attached though... but is another female :v

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So as a person who wanted Rex, I do have some complicated thoughts on this, though overall positive since I get to play as Mythra.

But that isn’t important right now. What is important though is that oh my god this was my dream reveal trailer. If we ever got a xenoblade 2 trailer I wanted it in xenoblade 2’s engine and they absolutely delivered. They even threw in a reference to the challenge mode dlc with Shulk at the end. Absolutely perfect.

10/10 perfect trailer for me.
Aside from the out of character "lol bye" that Pyra pulled, it was a pretty decent trailer.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
No, she's one of the few Blades to have lived since the Aegis War, so she's actually really old.

EDIT: It's one of the few times where that silly lampshade is actually plot relevant, and they're not even a lollie. lol
So Pyra's nearly 500 years old then. As with Mythra.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well Xenoblade Chronicles's team thought that Rex's "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-ya!" was such a good voice clip that they decided to use it multiple times in the same scene so it's probably not that high a bar. lol
Is it just as bad as in XC1 on Switch where Shulk screams a certain name in just about every scene?

Pillow

Smash Lord
This might sound weird, but it's nice to get another unique fighter, two of them really, that's fully female with no asterisks attached.

Peach
Zelda
Samus
Palutena
Rosalina
Bayonetta
Min Min
Pyra
Mythra

To be fair to WFT, the female variant is by far the most iconic look for the character unlike the other avatar characters.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I think she was chosen simply due to moveset potential and fun factor.

also just admit it yall Sakurai is smarter than all of us.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So at this point a Gen 8 Pokémon is dead in the water fire grass whatever a Pokémon is weak to, I presume?
I wouldn't doubt they'd throw Pokemon in as FP11, but they're absolutely not being FP10. If a Fighters Pass 3 happens though I'd say it'd be a guarantee at that point.

It'd be a big mistake to assume that Nintendo will end off Smash will a "hype" character. Looking at Wolf, Corrin/Bayo, Incineroar, and Byleth respectively.

Last edited:

Ben Holt

Smash Master
NNID
BenHolt
3DS FC
5455-9637-6959
Switch FC
5283 2130 1160
I just realized; Rex's Mii Costume kinda deconfirms him.

Which means if a Mii Costume truly doesn'y get promotions, neither do Assist Trophies! :4wario2:
Though I "liked" this, I cannot dislike it more.

Pillow

Smash Lord
So at this point a Gen 8 Pokémon is dead in the water fire grass whatever a Pokémon is weak to, I presume?
I’d say yes. The most fitting time for a 2nd Nintendo character this pass was today, and that character was Pyrha. I firmly believe the final 2 challenge packs will be 3rd parties.

I’d say yes. The most fitting time for a 2nd Nintendo character this pass was today, and that character was Pyrha. I firmly believe the final 2 challenge packs will be 3rd parties.
I've got a question. Why did you think this was the only real shot for a first party? I've seen you say that quite a bit, but what's your reasoning?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Congratulations Xenoblade 2 fans! I don't feel too much for this reveal, but it feels like a wrong has been righted with Xenoblade 2 finally getting the love Sakurai wished he could have given it in base game. Pyra looks like fun and I'm glad they subverted our expectations a little bit with her over Rex.

Looking forward to their eventual presentation and what their movesets entail. I think it's neat that we essentially got two brand new characters.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Is it just as bad as in XC1 on Switch where Shulk screams a certain name in just about every scene?
Worse in that it's an absolutely awful sounding line, and it's used 2-3 times in the same dang cutscene, better in that it's far and away Rex's worst sounding line and it's never used after that as far as I know.

Between that, Rex being the weakest designed party member, and the fact that Xenoblade Chronicles 2's combat system kinda drags until you can cancel Driver Arts into other Driver Arts and stuff, the game really does give a terrible first impression. lol
EDIT: Visually designed. Rex is quite strong in battle.

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I'd imagine Etika would have been really happy by now, with literally all his fan favorites getting into the game.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This counteracts the salt everywhere else on Twitter immensely. Makes P&M so much more worth it.
Rest in peace, Desmond. We all miss you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom