• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernkastelWitch

Smash Ace
Honestly between the Tales-Chun leak and the KOS-MOS-Reimu leak, Pyra/Mythra only negatively affects KOS-MOS' chance in Smash. There's still a possibility we can get Chun-Li, Reimu, or Lloyd/Yuri/Any Other Tales rep here.

It is funny how FP2 so far has been characters people deemed impossible to be in either because of stuff like Mii costumes, another character in the game, or stuff involving the company. Though I can say those would be more cynical peoples takes here.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I don't really see Pyra's risque costume being the primary reason she's disliked. It's just her overall design is (in my opinion) kind of generic, and she's another anime character with a sword. I don't dislike Pyra, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer a character who had a more distinct design compared to the rest of the Smash cast.
To be clear, you mean moveset design correct?

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Yeah the Octopath guys are making a Fire Emblum clone without the best part of OP, the amazing monster sprites. Yay...

I don't want to hear anymore complaints about Morrigan's appearance.

I mean, I certainly don't like that they're transforming(because it means this cost us getting another character). But even if I count this as having 3 XB characters, that's still way better than FE's 8.

Assuming that it was a list of characters Nintendo approved for Sakurai,I doubt if Sakurai saw Rex and he went "What about Pyra/Mythra instead?"that Nintendo would be like, "NO! It can only be Rex!!"
Game reminded me of FFT more. and it is in early development, we have no idea all the sub systems. That game and Saga Frontier were the highlights.

And I never give **** for girls with nice assets. Include them all as far as I am concerned.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Don't worry. Everyone here's also clowning on this idea.

Still hilarious that they needed to give Pyra sheer tights though. Like, what does that even accomplish?
Whatever it takes to sneak past CERO I guess. I'm sure Sakurai would include these characters (and Mai in the background of Terry's stage) in their original form if he could.

To be clear, you mean moveset design correct?
No I meant visual design. Her moveset hasn't been revealed yet so I can't comment on that.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I feel like Lloyd's death draws near in regards to Mii costumes.

What WILL be telling if they STILL hold off the MonHun costumes. THAT... will start looking a touch suspicious.
Nothing indicates that the MonHunt costumes wouldn't be with the last fighter (#82) announced in his/her presentation.

Inue Houji

Purplish Wig
Pyra and Mythra are only controversial if you're a prude.

Considering you folks lusted after Sephiroth for months... you don't get to play that card.

Feel free not to like them, but the controversy surrounding them is the same as any other female character with sexual aspects to their design. Just like ZSS and Bayonetta.

They went through that stuff too.
Personally, I don't have any issue with them having sexual designs. The issue is that they look bad. All sex, no style, if you get what I mean.

What WILL be telling if they STILL hold off the MonHun costumes. THAT... will start looking a touch suspicious.
But what if they release the MonHun costumes, but hold off Lloyd?

Probably not happening, but it's possible with Rise releasing around then.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't really see Pyra's risque costume being the primary reason she's disliked. It's just her overall design is (in my opinion) kind of generic, and she's another anime character with a sword. I don't dislike Pyra, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't prefer a character who had a more distinct design compared to the rest of the Smash cast.
I'll be blunt. You're not going to get a lot of sympathy from me for using the generic card.

That said, I'm not referring to personal taste.

Shroob

Sup?
But what if they release the MonHun costumes, but hold off Lloyd?

Probably not happening, but it's possible with Rise releasing around then.
That would equally be as suspect.

Though, to a lesser degree, since Namco costumes have just been tossed in wherever, likewise, Capcom is missing 2 costumes.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm wondering if having to wait until the Sakurai Presents is a consistent thing.
We didn't need to wait with Byleth. And technically Min-Min as well if you don't count the ARMS character reveal as an actual reveal.

In the case for alternate costumes, Sephiroth didn't need to wait for a Sakurai Presents. His costumes were shown off the bat, hence why we saw Shirtless Sephiroth after he was first revealed.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Will it, though? They've generally brought one (or two, if they're from the same franchise/company) costume back for each DLC pack. Capcom doesn't seem too strict with their content, unlike Square-Enix (seeing as the only time that we got Square-Enix Mii costumes was with Square-Enix characters) - the Monster Hunter costumes could come back with seemingly any character.

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'll be blunt. You're not going to get a lot of sympathy from me for using the generic card.

That said, I'm not referring to personal taste.
Sympathy for what? I'm totally fine with this character's inclusion. I'm just saying I've not really seen much outcry of her being too revealing, but I've seen a lot of complaints about how she's very anime and has a sword like many other Smash characters who are also anime and who also wield swords, and I can personalize sympathize with those complaints.

SWSU

Smash Apprentice
Given the Mii Trends that have happened I wouldn't be surprised if we got these as the Mii Outfits

Rex Mii Rerelease (So you can get him even if you didn't go the FP1 Bundle)
Elma
Lloyd and Monster Hunter Returning.
KOS-MOS
Ryu Hyabusa or some other Sword Users
Random Deluxe Mii Costume.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I still despise Rexes design with a burning passion. If they’re trying to make him look sexy with the pajamas showing skin, they shouldn’t make him look 13.
Pyra and Mythra are a little better, but they seem like their trying too hard.

None of what I just said is related to Smash huh? I’m with most people here when I think the Lloyd mii comes with Pyra.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So ResetEra then?
They aren't prudes.

They just seem to resent a lot of people who really shouldn't be resented.

The issues they bring up are valid, but the site is so spiteful it ruins any point that could be made.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We didn't need to wait with Byleth. And technically Min-Min as well if you don't count the ARMS character reveal as an actual reveal.

In the case for alternate costumes, Sephiroth didn't need to wait for a Sakurai Presents. His costumes were shown off the bat, hence why we saw Shirtless Sephiroth after he was first revealed.
Both were revealed in their Sakurai Presents. At the very least, Min Min wasn't actually on the site until then.

Sephiroth didn't have to wait though? I guess it's not consistent then.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I still despise Rexes design with a burning passion. If they’re trying to make him look sexy with the pajamas showing skin, they shouldn’t make him look 13.
Pyra and Mythra are a little better, but they seem like their trying to hard.
Rex is wearing swim trunks with an mother****ing diving helmet. He's not supposed to be sexy at all.

Like wtf.

Pillow

Smash Lord
That would equally be as suspect.

Though, to a lesser degree, since Namco costumes have just been tossed in wherever, likewise, Capcom is missing 2 costumes.
I still think assuming a Capcom character is coming is still a good bet. I agree the missing costumes are suspicious, and there are just so many candidates with lots of stuff pointing in their favor.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
After getting Sephiroth and Pyra/Mythra back to back I can honestly say I am content character wise. Don't get me wrong, I'd still be thrilled if we got Crash, Eggman or Amaterasu but I'll no longer be super disappointed of they don't make it.

SuperSceptile15

Smash Lord
I think it's game over for a new Pokemon rep this game. With this month being the 25th anniversary of Pokemon, it would have been the perfect opportunity to announce a new fighter from that franchise. I can't say I'm really disappointed about this, considering they would have most likely picked something boring and obvious like Cinderace anyways.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What is hesupposed to look like then? I just assumed given the other designs and showing skin thats what they were going for. I have no idea as to the point.
Less hot? More visually interesting?

I really don't understand why they didn't just keep the leather portions of the pants, and why they thought the cutouts were so necessary that they kept them in his outfit redesign.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I just think much of the XB2 cast created by... that guy whose name I can never remember is poorly designed, at the apex of which, ironically, are Rex and Pyra. Mythra, imo, is a little better. The sexualization of Pyra and Mythra, while certainly not subtle (or imo, well done), is just the tip of the iceberg for me.

But I certainly don't inherently have a problem with that kind of stuff. I like 2B's design. I like KOS-MOS's design. I like Sephiroth's design. I just want... quality designs. Sexualized or not. Which I get is subjective, but my take on these Xenoblade ones is certainly is not an opinion that begins or ends with me.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What is he supposed to look like then? I just assumed given the other designs and showing skin thats what they were going for. I have no idea as to the point.
He's a diver.

As in he swims in the water.

Its swimwear.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given how unpredictable this Pass has been. I don't think its far-fetch to say that Master Chief could be our final character and supposedly our E3 reveal. That'd be a way to end this pass.

Move aside Crash.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
As a few have speculated, Pyra confirms to me that FP2 is wrapping up loose threads from base game. (Arms & XC2 considered for fighters, Steve supposedly in the works since 2015, and Sephiroth finally giving us FF7 music/spirits/Mii costumes)

Imagine if Brawl had gotten that opportunity - we'd have had Toon Zelda, Dixie Kong, Plusle and Minun!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom