• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm eager for that as well, but I miss the movie theater experience. Hard to get hyped for movies when local theaters around me have shutdown permanently. I think there's just one left, but its up in the air if it'll ever actually open again.
Assuming things don't get better for me where I am by then, I'm just gonna watch it on a streaming site. What I'm also doing with Coming 2 America this week.

Would prefer the theater experience but better then nothing. I could even give you the link to this site through PM if you want.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Honestly, I think that's more of a generational thing rather than a straight up overall fact. Most kids around my age aren't playing Call of Duty, they're playing Fortnite, Splatoon, all these games that are very cartooney in nature. I myself don't tend to enjoy games that are realistic and try to avoid them; although there are games like Breath of the Wild that are fairly realistic that I enjoy.
You're right that kids don't care that much, insecure teens and adults however, need validation that the media they consume in actually super mature, realistic, deep or all of the above, which is unfortunately the audience Jump Force decided to target.
Here is something for fun List 10 more villains you want to add in smash
Let's see...

1: Gremory
2: Albus
3: Eggman
4: Antasma
5: Sho Minamimoto
6: Kefka
7: Vergil
8: Susie
9: Black Knight
10: I-No

D

Deleted member

Assuming things don't get better for me where I am by then, I'm just gonna watch it on a streaming site. What I'm also doing with Coming 2 America this week.

Would prefer the theater experience but better then nothing. I could even give you the link to this site through PM if you want.
Appreciated, but no thanks. I've got HBO Max, so I should be able to just watch Godzilla vs Kong from home when it comes out without issue. I just miss the movie theater lol

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Appreciated, but no thanks. I've got HBO Max, so I should be able to just watch Godzilla vs Kong from home when it comes out without issue. I just miss the movie theater lol
Ah didn't know you had that.

I'd get it myself but I'm on a budget so streaming on a site is the only option.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
10 villains?

1. Pig Ganon(ALTTP, who has yet to appear in Smash at all, oddly enough)
2. Porky(not sure the best way to make him work, but he's only there on a technicality as a spirit, assuming they just used the slightly wrong sprite of Absolute Safety Capsule)
3. Black Shadow(sweet echo option for Ganondorf to have his Brawl/4 moveset. Fits his proportions way better than Falcon, at least. ...Which is odd, but)
4. Dr. Eggman(definitely using Bowser Jr. as a base, of course, since the vehicle is his best part)
5. Dr. Coyle(Semi-clone of Min Min, but different abilities and obviously no dragon arm. Probably more unique than Isabelle in terms of changes? Hard to say on my end)
6. Kamek(I wonder what he'd be named in Japan, though. Since Kamek is the name for Magikoopa there. I forget if he has a changed name...)
7. Shadow(Sonic echo aside, I definitely want him to use abilities from his various appearances. Orbital Laser would be a cool Final Smash, for instance)
8. Fulgore(I mean, it's the mascot of Killer Instinct. That alone says something. That, and a unique take on a shotoclone, especially with new abilities in the reboot game)
9. Nightmare(Soul Calibur character who isn't just the mascot, but has evolved in many ways. Now it's just an armor at times, or has many different hosts. Which allows for a variety of moveset options. And tons of ham. But Soul Calibur without ham is like a pig without a blanket.)
10. Tom Nook(well, if we're pushing it. I'd love another semi-clone, but at least can use Isabelle for the base far easier since they're the same actual proportions. A money-based moveset, but can use all kinds of items and stuff from New Horizons too).

I did run out of ideas on number 10, I admit. But... I do want to see him. Mr. Resetti is another option, but he doesn't feel like a villain but just a guy doing his job and legitimatley cares. Same with Don Resetti. ...Redd is questionable.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Hey, can you hook me up with a PM with the link? Idk if theaters around me are open or not. I find it pointless to check; I'm in California, and immuno-compromised. I love Godzilla, but not enough to risk my life for him lol.

as a Sonic fan, someone referring to Shadow as a villain hurts.
I'm sure he looks that way to the uninitiated. But as an fyi to everyone else: Shadow's actually very kind-hearted and wants to do the right thing. He's just also pretty emo lol. Basically, he thought wiping out humanity was what Maria wanted, and he was very bitter toward them for killing her. He later realizes that Maria wanted the opposite - for all the people on Earth to be happy. He then goes on to right his wrongs.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
I'll do my 10 villains:
1) Eggman
2) Gruntilda
3) Dr. Coyle
4) Medusa or Hades (Kid Icarus)
5) Pyramidhead
6) Kamek and Baby Bowser
7) Meowth
8) Porky
9) Kefka
10) Do Octolings even count? If they do, they can go here. Kinda feel like they don't, though. So... M. Bison!

Edit: Also, howzabout we upgrade Skull Kid, Dr. Wily, and Waluigi? I'd like to see them playable. I know Waluigi's more rival than villain but whatever

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here is something for fun List 10 more villains you want to add in smash
It was really hard to narrow my list down to 10 so I'll go with my top 20:

1) Magus (Chrono Trigger)
2) Fulgore (Killer Instinct)
3) Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
4) Sarah Kerrigan (Starcraft)
5) Lich King (Warcraft)
6) Diablo (Diablo)
7) Ansem (Kingdom Hearts)
8) Xemnas (Kindgom Hearts)
9) Medusa (Kid Icarus)
10) Pharaoh Man (Mega Man)
11) Goomba (Super Mario Bros.)
12) Wart (Super Mario Bros.)
13) Jenna Anderson (Astral Chain)
14) Jecht (Final Fantasy)
15) Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)
16) Nightmare (Soul Calibur)
17) The Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
18) Kain (Legacy of Kain)
19) Dr. Robotnik (Sonic)
20) Dr. Wily (Mega Man)

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
he is a villain in that one game tbf. Though he isn't even evil by the end
To be honest, I think the setup of Sonic Adventure 2 is really interesting, because I think in terms of structure Gerald Robotnik actually serves as the main villain. But what's funny about that is that he's already dead by the time the game starts. He just set everything up fifty years ago, and you're fighting all the stuff he left behind, including the Biolizard. I just think that's a really fun way to do a villain.

Man, SA2 was a really good game...

Last edited:

Lyncario

Smash Ace
10 vilains? Alright. Keeping it to series in Smash with a playable character,

1. Marx (Kirby)
2. Skull Kid (Zelda)
3. Hades (KIU)
4. Bisharp (Pokemon (Pawniard and Bisharp are used a lot by Team Plasma and the Shadow Triad so it counts, I think))
5. Fawful (Mario)
6. Mr Bison (Street Fighter)
7. Masked Man (Mother)
8. Geese Howard (Fatal Fury)
9. Senator Armstrong (Metal Gear)
10. Fuhrer (Persona)

CureParfait

Smash Ace
So lets say they decided to include 4 more fighters as bonuses, who would you include? It must be from existing universes with already playable characters and it can’t be from any DLC mii costumes or spirit events. It can be base game spirits or assist trophy upgrades.
For mine:
1. Darkrai- Pokemon
2. Waluigi- Mario Series
3.Spring Man- Arms
4. Shadow- Sonic

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So what do you guys expect to see in the Presentation on Thursday aside from Miis?

Notably reasons why Pyra & Mythra were chosen over Rex and why it wasn't Rex with them?
I'm curious if Sakurai will address amiibo. At the very least, say that the fighters from Pass 2 have amiibo in development and a plug for Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, and Byleth.

Also music, what songs make it and will the Xenoblade 2 music already in the game be fixed.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
When you consider that Steve's targeted release was September, every character has released at an intended and otherwise regular interval; three months.

I think people expecting the pace to pick up are reading the wrong signals. I say we get a character in June, and then the last in September. Which also coincides with when Nintendo typically has events. I don't think working on fewer characters will result in them becoming available more quickly.
Honestly, I'm banking on a double reveal at E3. Every E3 with smash does at least 2. The first one for smash 4 had villager, Megaman, and Wii Fit, the second had Miis, Palutena, and Pacman, and the third had Roy and Ryu. The first one for Ultimate had tons of returning cut vets, Inkling, Daisy, and Ridley. The second for ultimate had Hero and Banjo. Last E3 didn't actually happen. I don't know why we should only expect one smash character for E3 when that's never happened before.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
So what do you guys expect to see in the Presentation on Thursday aside from Miis?

Notably reasons why Pyra & Mythra were chosen over Rex and why it wasn't Rex with them?
Hopefully a history lesson on Xenoblade for the uneducated swines in the chat...

Seriously, people, will you PLEASE stop calling them a wasted slot!?! It has been LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Yeah, I'm very curious to hear more on the reasons. Also dying to see the rest of the alts (which we probably won't see all of them in the Presentation but we'll know soon after) and find out if there are any reasons why the alts aren't up on the site. And also learn more about how Pyra and Mythra work, especially with Mythra's whole Foresight thing.

I don't expect we'll get anything else announced.

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord
Hopefully a history lesson on Xenoblade for the uneducated swines in the chat...

Seriously, people, will you PLEASE stop calling them a wasted slot!?! It has been LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!
I don't think they're a wasted slot! I wanted them, but I am curious on Sakurai's reasoning for excluding Rex. I'm thinking it was because they're easier to have without him, but I wonder if there are any other reasons, such as Rex being a Mii costume.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I think you're letting people who think they're a waste live rent free in your head.

Seriously this isn't Byleth we're talking about, the backdraft was never as big.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Oh dear... No offense but I don't think adding Hitler to Smash is a good idea
Technically it's not Hitler but an image of him created by a cosmic horror from rumors, and played by said cosmic horror.

But really I put him there because to this day, I still find how Atlus dared to even do that hilarious, and if I had to make a more serious number 10 I'd put Nyarlathotep or Joker because I like Persona 2.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I don't think they're a wasted slot! I wanted them, but I am curious on Sakurai's reasoning for excluding Rex. I'm thinking it was because they're easier to have without him, but I wonder if there are any other reasons, such as Rex being a Mii costume.
I wasn't trying to call out anyone in particular. I've just been seeing so much hate towards them it's gotten pretty tiring.
I think you're letting people who think they're a waste live rent free in your head.

Seriously this isn't Byleth we're talking about, the backdraft was never as big.
Twitter begs to differ...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
"The creator said he wanted Pyra & Rex" - Sakurai

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Technically it's not Hitler but an image of him created by a cosmic horror from rumors, and played by said cosmic horror.

But really I put him there because to this day, I still find how Atlus dared to even do that hilarious, and if I had to make a more serious number 10 I'd put Nyarlathotep or Joker because I like Persona 2.
The concept of Joker Persona 5 and Joker Persona 2 on the same roster is really funny to me.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

“Who do you main?”

“Joker from Persona.”

“...Which one?”

I’m already sold on this concept.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom