• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I agree that we don't need an entire new Mii class. I think there just needs to be less restraint in costumes. Which, hey, Ultimate itself showed promise in already.

They could give costumes their own hitsounds, their own visual hit effects - even give you a HSV slider for key components of a selected costume rather than set color options if any. They could also do that for actual fighters, that last bit...

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Not at the start.

Once it starts doing the hand gestures sure, but back then, aside from Gematsu talk, Greninja wasn't really a super big talking point iirc, everyone was talking about Mewtwo, esp due to the recently revealed Mega Mewtwo Y.
Let me ask you,

Which does this resemble more?
View attachment 334294

This
View attachment 334295

or this?
View attachment 334296

Now,
Yes, that's a point, but isn't it like... for about 2 seconds?

I'm not disputing that in those 2 seconds it looks more like Mewtwo's but as soon as the water comes in there shouldn't be a lot of doubt.

That does make sense, but every Greninja reaction video in 2014 where everyone shouted MEWTWO says otherwise. :iwatanod: No, really, watch them.
I mean, fair, but I didn't say no one thought it was Mewtwo, my point was that I personally didn't see why it would be Mewtwo back then.

Also, why are we talking about this now lol. I thought that topic died in the morning?

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, that's Hearts as One. That's what I was saying. I'm pretty sure there's another besides that. Or I could be remembering wrong.
Only other one I can think of is essentially, the same combination of Other Promise and Vector to the Heavens during the Overture to the Final Battle as part of the World of Tres orchestra.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
View attachment 334291

"What's that, consumer? Call of Duty? That's a strange way to pronounce Fire Emblem."
We joke but I could legitimately see that being the scenario. Especially after sakurai saying it doesn’t matter if a character isn’t well known in Terry’s presentation and then revealing byleth straight after.

“What characters do you want ehhh…. Shadow the hedgehog you say??? That’s a funny way off saying another anime swordsman with a counter”

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We joke but I could legitimately see that being the scenario. Especially after sakurai saying it doesn’t matter if a character isn’t well known in Terry’s presentation and then revealing byleth straight after.

“What characters do you want ehhh…. Shadow the hedgehog you say??? That’s a funny way off saying another anime swordsman with a counter”
Shadow the Hedgehog, you say? And no sir, we don't sell fingerless gloves here. Sir, sir - sir, please stop knocking over the Funko Pops, sir.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
So. With Sora dropping in a few days, and because I'm just a tiny bit bored, I decided to think "what if Sora had as many songs as Terry ****ing Bogard?" and make a list for it. KH is perhaps one of the few DLC series (that I like) where I could easily reach that number.

Here's my selection. I considered the 10 tracks we already have and added 40 more on top of it. I'll indicate the games for the specific rendition of the themes. I mostly stuck to the original KH content (with three exceptions, you'll see) and tried to refrain from including other versions of songs already in the pack.

Kingdom Hearts II
  1. Sinister Sundown
  2. Tension Rising
  3. Working Together
  4. Desire for All That is Lost
  5. Dance to the Death
  6. Vim and Vigor
  7. Rowdy Rumble
  8. Old Friends, Old Rivals*
  9. The Corrupted
  10. The Encounter
  11. Sinister Shadows
  12. The 13th Dilemma
  13. Deep Drive
  14. A Fight to the Death
  15. Darkness of the Unknown
Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM
  1. Struggle Away
  2. The 13th Struggle
  3. The Fight for My Friends
  4. Forgotten Challenge
  5. Graceful Assassin
  6. Scythe of Petals
  7. Lord of the Castle
  8. The Force in You
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
  1. Future Masters
  2. The Tumbling
  3. Unforgettable
  4. Black Powder
  5. Up Down Adventure*
  6. Enter the Darkness
  7. Rage Awakened
  8. Dark Impetus
  9. Night of Tragedy
  10. Hunter in the Dark
Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
  1. Storm Diver
  2. All For One*
  3. Untamable
  4. Ice-Hot Lobster
  5. The Dread of Night
Kingdom Hearts III
  1. Hearts as One
  2. Vector to the Heavens**
* These are, in order, the Timeless River, Disney Town and Country of the Musketeers battle themes. Normally I wouldn't put them in, but I kinda like them, and if the Timeless River costume could make it, I see no reason why these would be off-limits from a creative perspective.

** I know this didn't originate in KHIII, I simply like this version more and I think this fits the atmosphere of Smash better than the original.

Also this might be Mandela Effect kicking in, but I'm pretty sure there's another combat version of The Other Promise that I'm missing somehow. I'd gladly trade Hearts as One for it. Not that I dislike it, it's just that Hearts as One has a few segments where I think it sounds a bit too slow for the likes of Smash.

If I look biased towards KHII... well, I am lol. It's my favorite in the series to this day.
All those songs and I still don’t have one of my favorites (Hazardous Highway) 😞.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
All those songs and I still don’t have one of my favorites (Hazardous Highway) 😞.

Oh, believe me, if it wasn't for the self-imposed 50-song limit, ALL of the Gummi Ship themes would be there. Along with a few tunes that didn't make the cut.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

The logic here is.... a little strange.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
The iconic fourth Mii class, Mii Mage

Remember when people actually wanted a fourth Mii class? Because I sure do.
Still do. Every Mii fighter gets us, like, a dozen other playable characters.

Mii Mage is not necessary imo. What we do need though is more mage-y costumes for Mii Gunner.
Disagree. It's not the same archetype.

And mages keep inexplicably getting turned into swordfighters instead of gunners anyway...
Ashley
Viridi
Lip
Veronica
Aerith
...all swordfghters that shouldn't be.

Add to that...
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Kamek [Super Mario Bros.]
Reimu [Touhou]
FF1 Black Mage [Final Fantasy]
FF1 White Mage [Final Fantasy]
Magus [Chrono Trigger]
...and you've got a solid enough basis for another Mii.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’d still love a completely separate create a character not related to Miis. I want to feel like I’m actually using the character, not a weird character cosplaying as them. I realize that is probably never going to happen so I’ll just have to settle with mods.

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Yoko Shimomura, who is in charge of composer, participated in the debugging of the first "Kingdom Hearts" and said that she fell down in this hollow bastion ... I heard that the song had the image of "falling!"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I’d still love a completely separate create a character not related to Miis. I want to feel like I’m actually using the character, not a weird character cosplaying as them. I realize that is probably never going to happen so I’ll just have to settle with mods.
That kind of ruins the point of a crossover fighting game.

The reason Miis get away with it, is because they're characters with history in their own right.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Still do. Every Mii fighter gets us, like, a dozen other playable characters.

Disagree. It's not the same archetype.

And mages keep inexplicably getting turned into swordfighters instead of gunners anyway...
Ashley
Viridi
Lip
Veronica
Aerith
...all swordfghters that shouldn't be.

Add to that...
Eggplant Wizard [Kid Icarus]
Kamek [Super Mario Bros.]
Reimu [Touhou]
FF1 Black Mage [Final Fantasy]
FF1 White Mage [Final Fantasy]
Magus [Chrono Trigger]
...and you've got a solid enough basis for another Mii.
A staff moveset would be really cool, but what I meant is that the mage-y fighters in Smash already have some core moves distributed over the Gunner set, such as the PSI Magnet, Din’s Fire, Arcfire so I was wondering what type of playstyle Mii Mage would have. Maybe a bit more of a walling moveset that’s no so much based on range but on meaty hitboxes. Zelda’s Up Air, that sort of thing.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
The main reason I don't think a fourth Mii, like Mage, will ever happen is due to the three we have already covering specific range archetypes. Brawler is short range, Swordfighter is mid range, Gunner is long range. A Mage would likely just be another long range archetype, so to me it feels redundant.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I just wanted Miis to be based off of the Wii Sports/Party/whatever games ngl. They're the only remaining remnant of the custom move gimmick, but I'd like a larger variety of custom moves if they're still going to keep it.
I would call the sports one Mii Athlete.

(I really want one new Mii fighter with a big hammer like Dedede and another who swings a ball and chain flail/mace thingy around.)

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I want the miis to have as many job classes as in something like Final Fantasy V but that's like 5x the work of creating the 3 types of miis we already have.

Mii Mage
Mii Thief
Mii Axewielder
Mii Ranger
Mii Sports

Those are the five I can think of.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
so the new NSO price is apparently £50.00 and £80 for a family member

The scenes are gonna be wild when in a year or 2’s time it’s £80.00 just for a 12 month membership

Discoball Fever

Smash Rookie
so the new NSO price is apparently £50.00 and £80 for a family member

The scenes are gonna be wild when in a year or 2’s time it’s £80.00 just for a 12 month membership
You're applying the £ to US prices without accounting for currency conversion.
It's £34.99/59.99 in the UK, not £50/80.

I feel like this could turn into a fairly good deal if they put slightly more effort into it, throw in GBA and GameCube to sweeten the deal and I'd be happy enough paying but until then I don't care about what's being offered.

N64 and Genesis/Mega Drive do nothing for me, I wouldn't even mind if they removed them entirely in favour of getting GBA+GC instead, both would be the best option though of course albeit seemingly unlikely.
Worth nothing that they seem to be up for adding DLC to the Expansion, I'm curious how this will affect other new releases going forward.

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
1634313361785.png

Now don't tell anyone I told you this, but I hacked into the mainframe and - shh - uncovered a top-secret dark art... they call it - pssst - calm down, calm down... they call it emulation... on your computer!

Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Ugh 79.99/yr for family membership.... Kinda steep for adding 45 bucks to the existing family plan.... I'll get it but I don't see this being super popular without the promise of more systems in the future

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
The main reason I don't think a fourth Mii, like Mage, will ever happen is due to the three we have already covering specific range archetypes. Brawler is short range, Swordfighter is mid range, Gunner is long range. A Mage would likely just be another long range archetype, so to me it feels redundant.
not really redundant because a mii mage couod utilizise debuffs, buffs, status effects, aoe magic etc as opposed to gunner’s projectile spam. a mii mage would be actually really unique because no one else on the roster really has this type of playstyle

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Did Kotaku really recommend it? I'm probably misremembering but it was my understanding that they merely reported that the game was working.
Emulation being able to run a game day one is newsworthy. Kotaku is, at least allegedly, a news site.

Obviously, you should buy Metroid Dread if you wanna play it, just for the sake of the series' future. At the very least, if you find yourself enjoying the game with a pirated copy, please go buy it when you can, it deserves your money.

But I mean, I'm no stranger to dumping my own purchased games to emulate. My entire bought Wii and 3DS libraries for example, I dumped for use on Dolphin and Citra.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Did Kotaku really recommend it? I'm probably misremembering but it was my understanding that they merely reported that the game was working.
Obviously, you should buy Metroid Dread if you wanna play it, just for the sake of the series' future.

But I mean, I'm no stranger to dumping my own purchased games to emulate. My entire bought Wii and 3DS libraries for example, I dumped for use on Dolphin and Citra.
They tried to brush it off by saying they expected their readers to be mature enough to know for themselves, but given the circumstances, I can't help but "Press X to Doubt" on that one...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
They tried to brush it off by saying they expected their readers to be mature enough to know for themselves, but given the circumstances, I can't help but "Press X to Doubt" on that one...
Is that really wrong? Those with half a brain know that emulation is not just for piracy. Those that couldn't piece that together have themselves to blame for getting worked up.

Even with a newly released game, many would want to dump their copies and emulate them, so as to enjoy things like 4K resolution, mods without hacking your console, and what have you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom