• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Holy ****, Ultimate is actually a horribly rushed piece of work that is only as good as it is because of Sakurai, Bamco, and the team doing one hell of a job.

Every single one of us fans have been ripped off by Nintendo in terms of this game, and we continue to be so through the DLC.

Jesus Nintendo, get your **** together and start pumping out those requests because you really have a lot of people to please that you haven't done that good of a job of as much as you've pissed people off.

EDIT: This is a summary of a realization I had about Ultimate's development as well as the history of Smash's development, in combination with a lot of Nintendo's choices during this Switch Era. If you want more elaboration, I can give it, but I was trying to avoid making a big-ass post.
I would argue that it has the one of the best sets of newcomers in the history of smash. Not to mention the largest.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Holy ****, Ultimate is actually a horribly rushed piece of work that is only as good as it is because of Sakurai, Bamco, and the team doing one hell of a job.

Every single one of us fans have been ripped off by Nintendo in terms of this game, and we continue to be so through the DLC.

Jesus Nintendo, get your **** together and start pumping out those requests because you really have a lot of people to please that you haven't done that good of a job of as much as you've pissed people off.

EDIT: This is a summary of a realization I had about Ultimate's development as well as the history of Smash's development, in combination with a lot of Nintendo's choices during this Switch Era. If you want more elaboration, I can give it, but I was trying to avoid making a big-ass post.
I'm somewhat convinced you don't mean this at all and are only doing this to spark up drama. You can't seriously be coming back onto this thread where people mostly never agree with you and unironically think this time I will say something so opinionated and ignorant that it will get 20 likes.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I'm somewhat convinced you don't mean this at all and are only doing this to spark up drama. You can't seriously be coming back onto this thread where people mostly never agree with you and unironically think this time I will say something so opinionated and ignorant that it will get 20 likes.
To be honest, I was expecting you to make a Sergeant Cortez joke...

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice

I heavily disagree

With It's overwhelmingly huge roster and a ginormous amount of franchises and licenses the game contains, let it be known that Super Smash Bros Ultimate is an impossibility made reality, something that will never, ever, EVER happen again.

So, when the last fighter is revealed and released, I'm going to give this game a huge hoorah.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Oh yeah this is totally bait, I'd recommend everyone to ignore it and go back to talking about how the Among Us Impostor is fighter 11. Ooo ooooo ooooo you want Among Us in Smash ooooo ooooooo!

pokemon-hypno.gif

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
yall gotta understand how difficult this is for the ppl who dont give a **** about any of the dlc characters revealed, sure I got my MW added but tbh I feel bad for sum of the fanbases that have been holding out for so long

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think the unfortunate truth is that K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie were all by far the biggest and most popular characters of the "core Smash community bubble" and the other ones like Isaac, Geno, Krystal, Dixie, Lyn, etc weren't popular enough to really turn Nintendo's and Sakurai's heads.

The only possible exception to this is Waluigi, who Nintendo isn't really super crazy about in general.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Now I'm just curious as to how that guy has a reaction score 9x that of his # of posts

2000 MESSAGES : DDD

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
since we’re talking about newcomers in the game. I’ve had non of my mw’s but I’m just glad people are happy with the characters and got what they want and I’m happy with the characters we got. It would be nice to get one of my mw’s not gonna lie but without this dlc we got, I would’ve never discovered

Sephiroth’s theme, mythra’s theme and byleth’s theme so I’m happy with the dlc characters we got.

gutted I havent got one of my MW’s though. They’re not even far fetched. Layton, king boo, crash, a sonic rep. All have great ties (apart from crash) to Nintendo. All I can do now is pray that one of them is last.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
yall gotta understand how difficult this is for the ppl who dont give a **** about any of the dlc characters revealed, sure I got my MW added but tbh I feel bad for sum of the fanbases that have been holding out for so long
Nah I haven't gotten my absolute most wanteds since Ridley and I ain't throwing a tantrum over any of them not getting in.
People can be disappointed, but there's a world of difference between that and whatever the hell their recent post history is.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I think the unfortunate truth is that K. Rool, Ridley and Banjo & Kazooie were all by far the biggest and most popular characters of the "core Smash community bubble" and the other ones like Isaac, Geno, Krystal, Dixie, Lyn, etc weren't popular enough to really turn Nintendo's and Sakurai's heads.

The only possible exception to this is Waluigi, who Nintendo isn't really super crazy about in general.

Except Miyamoto loved Waluigi, so it wouldn't be him that prevents him from being in mainline games.

znyollk7mpe61.jpg

Also that doesn't make sense in general, I can understand them wanting to limit creative freedom of these studios, but what doesn't make sense is how this would stop Waluigi from appearing in the mainline games. He's just one character. It makes little to no difference whether he's there or not. Also he's not even the only character that doesn't appear in mainline titles. Even if that guy was telling the truth, which is unlikely. The part where he said that it prevents Waluigi from being in the mainline games was either speculation or a flat out lie.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

Out of curiosity's sake, what should Smash Ultimate look like? I'm genuinely curious as to how someone could think they were ripped off from what we got.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
Nah I haven't gotten my absolute most wanteds since Ridley and I ain't throwing a tantrum over any of them not getting in.
People can be disappointed, but there's a world of difference between that and whatever the hell their recent post history is.
yea I didn’t scroll thru their post history but it just looks like typical disappointment to me

imo if you spend your own money on the console and game u have the right to throw smash bros tantrums in the comfort of ur home

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I read a previous post of his on the Geno Support Thread:

"The DLC didn't really do well with this since all the inclusions were essentially shilling, even for the more beloved ones, putting in characters from much more recent titles. We got a teacher wielding weapons that they don't really canonically wield just to avoid being another 'FE anime swordsman' from a franchise the community is sick of seeing get characters in Smash, a Chinese noodle woman from a goofy semi-fighting game that was already dead as a game, and everyone's favorite big booba team from a game that did overall very well but felt like it already missed it's chance and people had moved on to different wants by then."

Darn, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tekken, and Minecraft, etc.. such shill and obscure series!

Theguy123

Smash Lord
But we have :ultsonic: already:4pacman:

Nah jk lol I'm just glad you're happy for others. Maybe one day you'll get character you really want : ))
I’m doubtful but anything can happen I guess. The only character I’ve currently got confidence in potentially being last is Layton but even then I’m not as confident as other characters chances. Fp11 is probably the biggest chance for representation for these characters as some of their futures are in the unknown.

whoever is last though I’ll be happy as long as it’s not a shill pick.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Out of curiosity's sake, what should Smash Ultimate look like? I'm genuinely curious as to how someone could think they were ripped off from what we got.
The exact same but with Geno, probably
yea I didn’t scroll thru their post history but it just looks like typical disappointment to me

imo if you spend your own money on the console and game u have the right to throw smash bros tantrums in the comfort of ur home
Nah throwing a tantrum because a video game dared to do a single thing that doesn't cater exclusively to you is just pathetic, especially if you're a grown ass adult

osby

Smash Obsessed
I read a previous post of his on the Geno Support Thread:

"The DLC didn't really do well with this since all the inclusions were essentially shilling, even for the more beloved ones, putting in characters from much more recent titles. We got a teacher wielding weapons that they don't really canonically wield just to avoid being another 'FE anime swordsman' from a franchise the community is sick of seeing get characters in Smash, a Chinese noodle woman from a goofy semi-fighting game that was already dead as a game, and everyone's favorite big booba team from a game that did overall very well but felt like it already missed it's chance and people had moved on to different wants by then."

Darn, Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Tekken, and Minecraft, etc.. such shill and obscure series!
Man, don't go into that thread unless you enjoy people making nothing but "No Geno Ultimate bad" posts under different guises.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Speak for yourself because I got a lot of what I wanted lmao.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
What's been great is that Smash Ultimate gave me what I wanted in base (all veterans, Ridley, K. Rool) and then gave me more things I didn't even know I wanted during DLC. Because of Sephiroth's addition I played FF7 and FF7 remake for the first time and now they're two of my favorite games of all time.

So not only did Ultimate satisfy my expectations, it went above and beyond and gave me stuff I never knew I needed.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
What's been great is that Smash Ultimate gave me what I wanted in base (all veterans, Ridley, K. Rool) and then gave me more things I didn't even know I wanted during DLC. Because of Sephiroth's addition I played FF7 and FF7 remake for the first time and now they're two of my favorite games of all time.

So not only did Ultimate satisfy my expectations, it went above and beyond and gave me stuff I never knew I needed.
I was satisfied with what I had got too. In fact, there were some surprises I did not know I wanted. Ultimate is a great game.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just because your favorite character is unlikely doesn’t mean you have to throw a hissy fit about the whole thing. Look at me, for example; my MW is unlikely for a plethora of reasons, but I’m content with whoever gets the last spot.
Neither does it mean the game is automatically bad, may I add.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom