• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
User was warned for this post
It applies to both sides of this argument. It applies to any argument, really.
Also love the "both sides" ing of one group of people complaining about an over saturation of a certain character while the other side ****s on them for months for it. But one person suddenly decides to make a meme making fun of those posters and suddenly its "boo hoo why we gotta be so toxic ))))):"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also love the "both sides" ing of one group of people complaining about an over saturation of a certain character while the other side ****s on them for months for it. But one person suddenly decides to make a meme making fun of those posters and suddenly its "boo hoo why we gotta be so toxic ))))):"
I would like to personally thank you for supplying my comedy for the day.

Stratos

Smash Ace
I have a lot of characters in mind that I would like to see in the Super Smash Bros. series, but because there are so many, I do not write them all together.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Question: how popular is GTA in Japan?
I'd say it's decently popular. In a famitsu article it ranked 7th with 699,182 units sold during April 1st 2013 to April 3rd 2014 and was the only PS3 game to make the list.

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord
I'd say it's decently popular. In famitsu it ranked 7th with 699,182 units sold during April 1st 2013 to April 3rd 2014 and was the only PS3 game to make the list.

It could also be nothing, but I'll also add that anime girls on youtube also enjoy streaming GTA pretty often in recent years, and anime girls on youtube are pretty popular in Japan.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
It could also be nothing, but I'll also add that anime girls on youtube also enjoy streaming GTA pretty often in recent years, and anime girls on youtube are pretty popular in Japan.
Anime girls on Youtube, eh?

She's in.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Stop, just stop, it's people like you that are the reason why we're having this conversation.
Without me this thread would just be about how terrible platformer fans are for doing what JRPG fans have been doing for months.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I would be also very curious to see how they would animate Sol. Would they try to kinda recreate the Xrd/Strive visuals in some capacity? Would they go with his classic design, Xrd's or the newest one? Maybe a new composite design inspired by all the designs he had in the series?

As for May's Theme, yep, it's fantastic, though unfortunately I doubt they would include it with Sol if he was CP10 or CP11. I could see Smell of the Game being included because respite being from Strive, we have known of that one for 2-3 years at this point, unlike Dissaster of Passion.
I remember reading that with GG's 3D animation style, they do a lot of squash & stretch on the models to make the animations look the best they can from the set front-facing camera angle. Smash having a free camera at any time from the pause menu might make those exaggerated animations a little harder to translate. I'm sure Sakurai and everyone can replicate the feeling of GG's animation, though -- they managed to pull off the feel of the Persona art style with all that red highlighting in Joker's animations, so some smart use of particle effects and other animation tricks can go a long way. Plus, the victory screens would be a prime opportunity to still do that kind of squash & stretch exaggerated animation, since they all have a set camera angle.

And yeah, Sephiroth's lack of Remake content leads me to agree that if we get any straight-up Strive content, it'd be on a rather limited scope. Smell of the Game would be great, and Mass Destruction shows they aren't afraid to change a lyric or two to get a song to match Smash's age rating.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Without me this thread would just be about how terrible platformer fans are for doing what JRPG fans have been doing for months.
Yes, because this thread totally isn't civilized enough to try and be respectful like they've been doing ever since you came here. We truly were in need for an arbiter of truth such as yourself.

Yacobo. Judge, jury, and executioner.

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Yes, because this thread totally isn't civilized enough to try and be respectful like they've been doing ever since you came here. We truly were in need for an arbiter of truth such as yourself.

Yacobo. Judge, jury, and executioner.
It'd be more civilized but the cognitive dissonance would have never even been addressed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Anime girls on Youtube, eh?

She's in.
Screenshot_20210606-142031_YouTube.jpg

Anime Girls... Youtube... LimeWire... Music... E3... Pride Month... Minecraft?

hatsune_miku.jpg

Pillow

Smash Lord
It'd be more civilized but the cognitive dissonance would have never even been addressed.
Lmao what are you on about. Seriously, I just can't.

View attachment 318048
Anime Girls... Youtube... LimeWire... Music... E3... Pride Month... Minecraft?

I unironically think Miku has a shot though. She's just that big in Japan...and she can logically be construed as a Video Game character.

OK, moving on to a new topic.....

Capcom moment.
Speaking as a lawyer (albeit one with limited copyright experience) this article seems to overblow things. Big companies get sued for stuff like this all the time, and the particles in the "4" could be from that pictures or from a bunch of other things. The important thing is that it's vague, which makes the case against Capcom weak. They'll likely just settle for some amount and people will have forgotten all about it way before that.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
OK, moving on to a new topic.....

Capcom moment.
I'm not sure. As someone who work on some game project, at time, you end up finding copyrighted textures in some "free banks".

On the other, sometime it's just one designer who used it without thinking it would do anything wrong but doing a cool effect on the logo.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I, and I'm assuming most people, come to this forum for light-hearted discussions about smash. Please don't argue here, it just brings the mood down for everyone. This page has always been good because no matter who you want, or what your opinions are on smash, people won't get annoyed with you, and will at worst discuss stuff with you, and argue their side calmly. That's been my experience with it at least.

So, back to speculation. If they did another reveal like Isabelle's, where they reveal a character alongside a new game in the same trailer, what character do you think it would be, and why?

Technomage

Smash Champion
Yeah, I, and I'm assuming most people, come to this forum for light-hearted discussions about smash. Please don't argue here, it just brings the mood down for everyone. This page has always been good because no matter who you want, or what your opinions are on smash, people won't get annoyed with you, and will at worst discuss stuff with you, and argue their side calmly. That's been my experience with it at least.

So, back to speculation. If they did another reveal like Isabelle's, where they reveal a character alongside a new game in the same trailer, what character do you think it would be, and why?
Maybe a BotW2 character, because BotW2 is a super-hype game, and revealing both its details and its fighter reveal for Smash would be super duper hype; not an opportunity Nintendo would wanna ignore (assuming that kind of character is planned).

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Seeing people claim that Sora is "likely" or just seeing him rise in popularity over the span of the 4 years I've been here constantly, makes my heart genuinely melt and warm, when I still remember the majority of the speculation scene just spitting on him and dismissing him entirely.

Last edited:

Paraster

Smash Lord
Besides Eggman, other candidates include:

GLaDOS
Freddy Fazbear
CJ Johnson (does he count as a villain simply due to the kinds of stuff people can do in Grand Theft Auto)
Dracula Vlad Tepes (but he's a boss)
Albert Wesker
Arthas Menethil, The Lich King
Shao Kahn
Nightmare
Heihachi Mishima
Pyramid Head
Diablo
Sarah Kerrigan
Monokuma
Porky Minch
Andross
Pig Ganon
I would love to see how they'd manage to make GLaDOS into a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom