• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Just like a Lloyd Irving fan might not care at all about Sephiroth, so said fan will keep supporting Lloyd.
This is obviously okay, as long as people behave respectfully.

Oh cool so where were the memes making fun of those people?

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
You literally admit to encouraging tribalism here. You saw other characters getting in besides yours, looked to see what they had in common, and decided to "attack" them because of it. If you see characters that aren't your most wanted getting in and decide "this is a call to arms," you're part of the problem.

You wanna talk about Scrimblo Bimblo being from February? People were using "anime swordsmen" in a derogatory sense since, at the very least, Shulk getting added.
Like I said, the first is criticizing the game itself for adding so many of the same type of characters.

If you're going to make fun of that criticism, that means you think the game or at least the fighters passes should be mostly JRPG characters. That it's ridiculous that you'd want someone not from a JRPG. I think one meme post making fun of that is reasonable.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I wouldn't really worry about those big Twitter accounts and their weird wars they want to wage. I remember the Monkey guy you posted some pages back made a Twitter post talking about how unfair Byleth was to Xenoblade 2 fans because xyz, and now here he is complaining about too much RPG characters.

It's for clout first and foremost.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Quote technically qualifies as a platforming character.
If we're considering ANYONE....

Crash
Rayman
Spyro
Gill Grunt ( >:) )
Ratchet & Clank
Jak & Daxter
Sly Cooper
Sackboy
Bubsy
Conker
Ryu Hayabusa (Ninja Gaiden started as one)
Pitfall Harry
Super Meat Boy

Just to name some.
This is answering TheMightyP TheMightyP 's question.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
The first complains about JRPG anime sword fighters being overrepresented, which is hard to argue against.
There is 85 character in smash bros ultimate.

:ultalph::ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultminmin:ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsteve::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

All of thoses are not "Anime Swordsman" and I'm using a big stretch right now.

Here's your "anime swordsman" by stretching the hell out of your argument
:ultbyleth::ultcloud::ulthero3::ultike::ultjoker::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultroy::ultchrom::ultpyra::ultshulk::ultrobin::ultcorrin:

Out of them
:ultcorrin::ultjoker::ulthero3::ultbyleth::ultcloud::ultpyra::ultroy:
Are DLC/Were DLC

Which means

:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultrobin::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultike::ultlink:

Were your base game "Anime swordsman" for smash 4
How the ****, how the flying ****, can you can you call this, even with that stretch, "overrepresented", even by stretching the hell out of the argument. Just...How?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I just think it’s a shame that the Smash fanbase decides to go to war with itself. Other FGCs are like a brotherhood who’s only discourse is drama between “running back a set” or “not running back a set” like we all love this game and could share our love for it with all the other people that do but instead we just decided to go to war with each other over stuff that absolutely doesn’t matter in the slightest.

It’s actually dumb if you ask me.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
If the entire ARMS cast was added I'd argue that characters whos limbs go across the stage are overrepresented as well despite them also being a minority in the grand roster.

Also they're the majority when talking about DLC, which makes it more dissapointing to get so many in a row.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I just think it’s a shame that the Smash fanbase decides to go to war with itself. Other FGCs are like a brotherhood who’s only discourse is drama between “running back a set” or “not running back a set” like we all love this game and could share our love for it with all the other people that do but instead we just decided to go to war with each other over stuff that absolutely doesn’t matter in the slightest.

Tbf most FGC games don't pride themselves on crossovers first and foremost, only real exceptions are KoF which has plenty of original **** people still adore and Capcom VS but Capcom fans have a huge amount of overlap

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

I can tell you why.

Smash is an ambitious crossover game. Most other FGs aren't crossover games, my friend.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

I dunno.
Mileena fans were acting well out of pocket with MK11 granted that's an exception.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Man, I love Guilty Gear's animation. As someone who grew up more with Arc System's sprite-animated franchises (mainly BlazBlue and Persona 4 Arena), the 3D animation style that they did with Xrd and Strive has really grown on me. I'd be super interested in seeing how Nintendo animates Sol if they decide to put him in Smash. That or seeing some of the current Smash roster animated in the GG Strive style in a hypothetical Sol trailer

(also I heard May's new theme, and between all the memes it spawned and it being a legitimately catchy song I haven't gotten it out of my head ever since)
Yeah I would be also very curious to see how they would animate Sol. Would they try to kinda recreate the Xrd/Strive visuals in some capacity? Would they go with his classic design, Xrd's or the newest one? Maybe a new composite design inspired by all the designs he had in the series?

As for May's Theme, yep, it's fantastic, though unfortunately I doubt they would include it with Sol if he was CP10 or CP11. I could see Smell of the Game being included because despite being from Strive, we have known of that one for 2-3 years at this point, unlike Dissaster of Passion.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
If you're going to make fun of that criticism, that means you think the game or at least the fighters passes should be mostly JRPG characters.
You know you said this to the person whom is pretty much the biggest Crash fan on the site right?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Like I said, the first is criticizing the game itself for adding so many of the same type of characters.

If you're going to make fun of that criticism, that means you think the game or at least the fighters passes should be mostly JRPG characters. That it's ridiculous that you'd want someone not from a JRPG. I think one meme post making fun of that is reasonable.
I'm saying that reasonable, well-adjusted people have the following reaction when their most wanted doesn't get in:

"Damn, that's a shame. Maybe next time."

Not this:

"I am going to act like a victim and cast blame on completely unrelated characters and fanbases, knowing it will literally change nothing except for making other people upset, because if I'm upset, everyone should be."

You're doing the latter. You shouldn't be. And you definitely shouldn't be whining that people bite back when you choose to do the latter thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah I would be also very curious to see how they would animate Sol. Would they try to kinda recreate the Xrd/Strive visuals in some capacity? Would they go with his classic design, Xrd's or the newest one? Maybe a new composite design inspired by all the designs he had in the series?

As for May's Theme, yep, it's fantastic, though unfortunately I doubt they would include it with Sol if he was CP10 or CP11. I could see Smell of the Game being included because respite being from Strive, we have known of that one for 2-3 years at this point, unlike Dissaster of Passion.
Tbf what are the chances of Sol getting locked in and Smash getting the licensing for the Strive songs back before Arc decided to delay Strive by at least half a year?

You know you said this to the person whom is pretty much the biggest Crash fan on the site right?
It honestly cracks me up seeing the worst Crash fans whine about Fire Emblem specifically when the Crash Support Thread was made by the biggest Fire Emblem fan I've ever seen

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

:ultalph::ultbanjokazooie::ultbayonetta::ultbowser::ultbowserjr::ultfalcon::ultdiddy::ultdoc::ultdk::ultduckhunt::ultfalco::ultfox::ultganondorf::ultgreninja::ulticeclimbers::ultincineroar::ultinkling::ultisabelle::ultjigglypuff::ultkingdedede::ultkrool::ultkirby::ultlittlemac::ultlucario::ultlucas::ultluigi::ultmario::ultmegaman::ultmetaknight::ultmewtwo::ultmiifighters::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultminmin:ultgnw::ultness::ultolimar::ultpacman::ultpalutena::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultridley::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultryu::ultken::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultsheik::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultsnake::ultsonic::ultsteve::ult_terry::ulttoonlink::ultvillager::ultwario::ultwiifittrainer::ultwolf::ultyoshi::ultyounglink::ultzelda::ultzss:

All of thoses are not "Anime Swordsman" and I'm using a big stretch right now.

Here's your "anime swordsman" by stretching the hell out of your argument
:ultbyleth::ultcloud::ulthero3::ultike::ultjoker::ultlink::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultroy::ultchrom::ultpyra::ultshulk::ultrobin::ultcorrin:

Out of them
:ultcorrin::ultjoker::ulthero3::ultbyleth::ultcloud::ultpyra::ultroy:
Are DLC/Were DLC

Which means

:ultmarth::ultlucina::ultchrom::ultshulk::ultrobin::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultike::ultlink:

Were your base game "Anime swordsman" for smash 4
How the *, how the flying *, can you can you call this, even with that stretch, "overrepresented", even by stretching the hell out of the argument. Just...How?
Pyra should be there twice because of Mythra (seriously, she should have her emote by now) and Sephiroth too.

But that's still under 1/5 of the roster regardless, even with the stretches made.

Edit: YL and TL should be bumped down there and Mii SF should be there too but even that's still just under 1/5

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Imagine that, all this stupid drama over a party game

Which is why Im tempted to drop smash and go to Actual fighting games

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just to say this and then we can hopefully move on from this actually ridiculous conversation.

There’s always toxicity on both sides. There just is, defending toxicity is still toxic. There’s ways to be critical without being toxic and demeaning to the other side and Twitter is not a place to take inspiration from to avoid being toxic. Fair criticism is ok but don’t be shocked when there’s push back from the other side.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying that reasonable, well-adjusted people have the following reaction when their most wanted doesn't get in:

"Damn, that's a shame. Maybe next time."

Not this:

"I am going to act like a victim and cast blame on completely unrelated characters and fanbases, knowing it will literally change nothing except for making other people upset, because if I'm upset, everyone should be."

You're doing the latter. You shouldn't be. And you definitely shouldn't be whining that people bite back when you choose to do the latter thing.
You claim that the criticism is because it's not "their character" then why hasn't every character been negatively received besides Banjo? This argument never made sense.

Also the second quote is LITERALLY the scrimblo posters. Do you think literally everyone who criticized the absurd amount of JRPG characters only plays 90s platformers?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You claim that the criticism is because it's not "their character" then why hasn't every character been negatively received besides Banjo? This argument never made sense.

Also the second quote is LITERALLY the scrimblo posters. Do you think literally everyone who criticized the absurd amount of JRPG characters only plays 90s platformers?
I'm not going to continue this if you refuse to acknowledge that the "scrimblo posters" literally only exist because of folks like you egging them on for years. If such a basic tenant of this dynamic is lost on you, nothing I can say will change your mind.

Technomage

Smash Champion
New question.

Assuming one of the last two slots is another villain. Who do you guys think earns it the most?

I'd say Eggman.
Besides Eggman, other candidates include:

GLaDOS
Freddy Fazbear
CJ Johnson (does he count as a villain simply due to the kinds of stuff people can do in Grand Theft Auto)
Dracula Vlad Tepes (but he's a boss)
Albert Wesker
Arthas Menethil, The Lich King
Shao Kahn
Nightmare
Heihachi Mishima
Pyramid Head
Diablo
Sarah Kerrigan
Monokuma
Porky Minch
Andross
Pig Ganon

osby

Smash Obsessed
So uh...
GTA rep for Smash? Get CJ in the game, it's long overdue
CJ in Smash would unironically be a kid appeal character and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

But I'd love it if they make his moveset full of pulling out random stuff from his hammerspace. I know nothing about his personality but there is a lot you can do with a GTA fighter.

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
I'm not going to continue this if you refuse to acknowledge that the "scrimblo posters" literally only exist because of folks like you egging them on for years. If such a basic tenant of this dynamic is lost on you, nothing I can say will change your mind.
Yeah you don't have an answer lol. By your logic Ryu would've been just as controversial a character as Corrin in 4 if it was about "not getting their mascot character"

Pillow

Smash Lord
New question.

Assuming one of the last two slots is another villain. Who do you guys think earns it the most?

I'd say Eggman.
Deserving? Eggman probably. Though I'm a Sonic hater, so there's definitely others I'd prefer to see.

Other good Villain candidates I'd like to see in Smash as playable characters or bosses are Wesker/Nemesis (after Leon/Jill), Vergil (after Dante), M. Bison, Pyramid Head, GlaDOS, Kefka, and Skull Kid.

7NATOR

Smash Master
New question.

I'd say Eggman.
Eggman is more Iconic than Sephiroth who got in into Smash (and honestly any other Villain not named Bowser), and he's pretty popular, so I'd say him. Of course the question is would he get in over other Sonic characters, but that's another story

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Foolishness Geno Boost, foolishness
View attachment 318040

True power is knowing that Capcom's Nightmare Before Christmas is the best option to pull from
i am gonna make sure that doesnt happen i am doing the ritual right now and the fate has been sealed
thqa.PNG

(i think i forget where my Black Puffle and Sensei plushies went)

Last edited:

Yacobo

Smash Apprentice
Always remember
It's funny how many time you guys accidentally post things that apply to scrimblo posters

Loving the logic of "scrimblo posters are perfectly justified but also dont exist"

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think a more effective way of mitigating pointless acrimony than voicing dissent is by not giving it attention.

Twitter is mad? My god, what else is new. The internet will remain largely spiteful and mean and the best we can deescalate it is not contribute to it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom