• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait a minute... they gave him a stage, but they didn't make him playable? What about the robot he had in that one game? Wasted, wasted I say!
That was Street Fighter X Tekken, which Capcom made and thus he can't be directly copied into Tekken 7.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
New topic/challenge: If World of Light (whether through DLC or Ultimate Deluxe) were to get new Light and Dark bosses, what bosses would you add (and why would they be part of the side you chose for them)? My picks:

Forces of Light:
1) Father Balder from Bayonetta (evil light-sider, nuff said)
2) Rhea, in both her Seiros form and her Immaculate One form (villain who leads a church)
3) Metal Face, both his Mumkhar form and his Metal Face form (since machines, including cyborgs, have power sources, which are often powered by forms of energy (such as heat, electricity, solar power, and nuclear fission) that also produce light)
4) Bhunivelze (a god of light)
5) Death Egg Robot (same reason as Metal Face)
6) Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno (fire and thunder generate light, and the Legendary Birds are most likely mindless beasts just like Rathalos, which would probably be how Galeem was able to get Rathalos under his control)
7) Buff Dedede (due to being a heroic figure with a villainous side, akin to Bowser)

Forces of Dark:
1) Yellow Devil (the word "devil" is in its name)
2) Dark Emperor (do I need to say anything?)
3) Grima, both his dragon form and his possessed Robin form (he's a dragon of darkness)
4) Ender Dragon (she's there for the same reason Grima is)
5) Nihilego, with a possessed Lusamine (it's on the side of darkness due to playing on Lusamine's desires)
6) Safer Sephiroth (an angel of darkness)
7) Gruntilda Winkybunion, with both her Banjo-Kazooie boss fight phase and her Hag-1 phase (due to being a witch, and also due to turning into an undead skeleton)

I must admit, it was kinda hard to come up with Lightside bosses. ^^;
Light Side
  • Solaris (from Sonic 06, looks like a powerful being of light)
  • Necrozma (Both normal and Ultra forms, why he wasn't in baffles me)
  • Safer Sephiroth (Defeat him before his Supernova reaches the sun destroying the Solar System's planets along the way)
Dark Side
  • Wither (Minecraft, would prefer it over the dragon)
  • Titan Dweevil (Pikmin, it needs more content)
  • Dark Lord (Miitopia, the Switch port is coming soon)

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
By the way, PapaGenos did a video on Demi-fiend. @Idon
I was about to cringe over what he speculated for Demifiend, but noticed he brought up Masahiro "Spooky" Sakurai from Soul Hackers afterwards, so I put myself in deep relief.

Here's that bonus fighter y'all.

She's free from that little 40 year court bull**** Namco went through, no?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Random: your daily reminder that Nintendo cares more about Pac-Man than Bandai Namco:

Wow, haha, if they're willing to celebrate the 41st anniversary for a franchise they don't even own, surely they have something big planned for their own franchises like Metroid and Donkey Kong that have anniversaries that are multiples of 5 this year, right?

...right?

Last edited:

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Wow, haha, if they're willing to celebrate the 41st anniversary for a franchise they don't even own, surely they have some big planned for their own franchises like Metroid and Donkey Kong that have anniversaries that are multiples of 5 this year, right?

...right?
I mean if we're speaking realistically, there is a reason that this image popped up circa 2016...

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
New topic/challenge: If World of Light (whether through DLC or Ultimate Deluxe) were to get new Light and Dark bosses, what bosses would you add (and why would they be part of the side you chose for them)?
World of Light:
Arceus [Pokemon] - God of Pokemon!
Eggman piloting Death Egg Robot [Sonic the Hedgehog] - Fun cartoon boss
Dr. Wily piloting Wily Machine [Mega Man] - Fun cartoon boss
Liquid Snake piloting Metal Gear REX [Metal Gear] - Just some dude in a mech
Safer∙Sephiroth [Final Fantasy] - Presents as an angel

World of Dark:
Mother Brain [Metroid] - Scary brain
Andross(N64 version) [Star Fox] - Bad monke
Porky [Earthbound] - Complete monster
Medusa [Kid Icarus] - Goddess of Darkness
Estark [Dragon Quest] - The Demon King

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I mean if we're speaking realistically, there is a reason that this image popped up circa 2016...

But alas, they tweeted nothing on Zelda's birthday this year either, despite it being a 35.

When the Nintendo twitter tweets a happy birthday to the 41st Anniversary of a series they don't even own, but ignores your 35th birthday despite you being one of their biggest franchises.

thejediavengeroftheinternet - Seeing someone wearing a Zelda shirtWhen you  compliment their Zelda...

ZenythSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2552-4344-0495
So, I just watched Source Gaming's latest video about cut characters in Smash:

And man do I wish that Krystal finally got her chance with ultimate. She was one of my most wanteds during the brawl days (and of the few I had at that time). She deserved better (and I’m not just talking about Smash). But the assist trophy is at least something.

(btw SF: Assault Krystal > SF: Adventures Krystal, change my mind)
I enjoy how they finally debunked all the speculation involving against Plusle and Minun being Pra_Mai.
The wiki never settled on or double checked for YEARS.

Hopefully this will encourage people to request for those two again, maybe, LOL.
This theory is really pointless, especially after he said this was only for FP5....

View attachment 315925
Swung by the wiki, turns out the Crowd Cheer Theory info comes from 4chan. I've mostly been a neutral observer regarding the leak, but if it's just another anonymous rumor... Yeah, I don't trust it.
It's not a rumor or leak, it's an observation.
Just like that theory above this paragraph.

and you know what, the wiki should like retool the page for a section involving theories, so nobody mix up the two kinds of speculation.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
But alas, they tweeted nothing on Zelda's birthday this year either, despite it being a 35.

When the Nintendo twitter tweets a happy birthday to the 41st Anniversary of a series they don't even own, but ignores your 35th birthday despite you being one of their biggest franchises.

thejediavengeroftheinternet - Seeing someone wearing a Zelda shirtWhen you  compliment their Zelda...
The thing is that's not really new. Nintendo usualy celebrates Zelda's anniversary at E3, and it looks like this year won't be any different, but alas, the internet tends to forget things really quickly.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Maybe it's a hint that Nintendo has plans for the Man of Pac...

Lyncario

Smash Ace
I think we all know why they weren't included...
I think it's more because the poll took Playstation All Stars Battle Royale as a template, and added Spiderman because of the drama with Disney + him being Spiderman. I mean, why would Fat Princess be on it otherwise?

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
So, I just watched Source Gaming's latest video about cut characters in Smash:

And man do I wish that Krystal finally got her chance with ultimate. She was one of my most wanteds during the brawl days (and of the few I had at that time). She deserved better (and I’m not just talking about Smash). But the assist trophy is at least something.

(btw SF: Assault Krystal > SF: Adventures Krystal, change my mind)
she's been my most wanted character since i started wanting characters, tied with Ridley. the video suggests mewtwo and krystal never made it in because of time constraints, but that jigglypuff, wolf, and toon link were added because they had leftover time... it's so frustrating hahah. i wonder if there's a timeline somewhere in the multiverse where it went the other way; maybe the Sakurai in that timeline also picked Decidueye over Incineroar, and the me in that reality is living it up with what is very nearly the roster of our dreams
(both designs are good, i have a mild preference for the Adventures look but as long as she gets her staff I'm not picky)

New topic/challenge: If World of Light (whether through DLC or Ultimate Deluxe) were to get new Light and Dark bosses, what bosses would you add (and why would they be part of the side you chose for them)?
Light
Kyurem - once fought alongside two heroes, so he's sorta good-aligned. during this boss fight it would shift between Black and White forms, which as you pointed out wrt the legendary birds, wield more literal light sources in the form of fire and lightning. replaces Master Hand as the Classic Mode boss for Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Lucario
Man-At-Legs - it has no bad intentions, it's just a wild creature trying to live its life! replaces Master Hand as the Classic Mode boss for Olimar and Ness

Dark
Twinbellows - hard to get more dark-sided than a fiery hellhound. replaces Master Hand as the Classic Mode boss for Pit (and possibly the Ice Climbers? the hands fit the theme well enough)
The Helmaroc King - Ganondorf's fiendish familiar. replaces Ganon as Toon Link's Classic Mode boss, as well as Master Hand for King Dedede and Peach

Unaffiliated
in a lot of ways, Subspace Emissary felt like a Kirby game, understandably so with Sakurai at the helm. something they've done in more recent Kirby titles is add a secret final boss, a more powerful ascended form of the main antagonist. what if, in your proposed expansion, it turns out that Galeem and Dharkon are having their strings pulled by none other than Tabuu Soul

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
New topic/challenge: If World of Light (whether through DLC or Ultimate Deluxe) were to get new Light and Dark bosses, what bosses would you add (and why would they be part of the side you chose for them)? My picks:

Forces of Light:
1) Father Balder from Bayonetta (evil light-sider, nuff said)
2) Rhea, in both her Seiros form and her Immaculate One form (villain who leads a church)
3) Metal Face, both his Mumkhar form and his Metal Face form (since machines, including cyborgs, have power sources, which are often powered by forms of energy (such as heat, electricity, solar power, and nuclear fission) that also produce light)
4) Bhunivelze (a god of light)
5) Death Egg Robot (same reason as Metal Face)
6) Zapdos, Moltres, and Articuno (fire and thunder generate light, and the Legendary Birds are most likely mindless beasts just like Rathalos, which would probably be how Galeem was able to get Rathalos under his control)
7) Buff Dedede (due to being a heroic figure with a villainous side, akin to Bowser)

Forces of Dark:
1) Yellow Devil (the word "devil" is in its name)
2) Dark Emperor (do I need to say anything?)
3) Grima, both his dragon form and his possessed Robin form (he's a dragon of darkness)
4) Ender Dragon (she's there for the same reason Grima is)
5) Nihilego, with a possessed Lusamine (it's on the side of darkness due to playing on Lusamine's desires)
6) Safer Sephiroth (an angel of darkness)
7) Gruntilda Winkybunion, with both her Banjo-Kazooie boss fight phase and her Hag-1 phase (due to being a witch, and also due to turning into an undead skeleton)

I must admit, it was kinda hard to come up with Lightside bosses. ^^;
Forces of Light:
1) Rayquaza (returning boss from Brawl, plays about the same though the battlefield is changed to Sky Pillar)
2) Dr. Octavio
3) Egg Dragoon
4) Dr. Wily (MM2 or MM7 version)
5) Hegemon Edelgard or Rhea

Forces of Darkness:
1) Mother Brain (Similar to Super Metroid, starts in the jar, transforms into the dino form)
2) Dragonlord or Mordegon (Starts in a human form, transitions to their dragon forms)
3) Hades
4) Porky (Another returning boss, again not too many differences aside from a change in battlefield)
5) JENOVA: Synthesis

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
We talking characters that resemble Pyra and Mythra now?

A redhead and a blonde..... that are the same entity yet different....

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
We talking characters that resemble Pyra and Mythra now?

A redhead and a blonde..... that are the same entity yet different....

I don't think that's the same thing...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I really wish I could sit down and get through Xeboblade 2 but the writing is just awful to me (and the gameplay is a tad bit boring).
Rex's English voice especially doesn't help.

Remind me what 15 year old even sounds like that, let alone looks 10 rather then 15...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What are the u/Senjougahara_Hitagi and u/Noatesty ones? I don't remember them.
Hitagi was someone who originally collabed with Verg to say that Steve would be playable, but then later said so would Katalina from Granblue Fantasy.

u/Noatesty was straight up a Ultimate Beta tester and leaked info about Incineorar and Plant on Reddit, but no one believed him.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
the video suggests mewtwo and krystal never made it in because of time constraints, but that jigglypuff, wolf, and toon link were added because they had leftover time
Jigglypuff is built off Kirby, Wolf and Toon Link are semiclones, it should be obvious they're quicker to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom