• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Leak Disproven

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I just have this feeling that Sakurai is bringing back every single character from Brawl. Nobody expected Lucario and Ike to be back. If they made it into the game, I'm sure Lucas, Wolf, and Snake are back too.

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
Duck Hunt Dog? Dr Mario? Exactly 0 of the hype three? This is by far the worst roster Smash has ever put out, and I never thought they could out-bad the melee roster.

BelowZer0

Smash Apprentice
Duck Hunt Dog? Dr Mario? Exactly 0 of the hype three? This is by far the worst roster Smash has ever put out, and I never thought they could out-bad the melee roster.
How do you know? There are obviously more characters and Ridley has been heavily hinted at and leak so I see him being in and there's that question mark over Mewtwo, whatever that means

Ferio_Kun

Smash Journeyman
IMHO... Lucas alternate costume of Ness, Wolf alternate costume of fox... IC probably Wii U exclusive. Snake might be cut.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
I'm gonna miss Wolf, I really liked him in Brawl and especially Project M.
i don't believe he was confirmed to be cut
IMHO... Lucas alternate costume of Ness, Wolf alternate costume of fox... IC probably Wii U exclusive. Snake might be cut.
uhhhhhh ya no as sakurai said with :4lucina: if there is enough diffence between the character they get there own slot so you want to tell me :wolf::fox: :lucas::ness2: are the same but not :drmario::mariomelee: and :4pit: and dark :4pit: hahahahaha no. its fake as the leaker said the dlc part to screw with people so who to say the whole thing is not to screw with people

Last edited:

Drclaw411

Smash Lord
i don't believe he was confirmed to be cut

uhhhhhh ya no as sakurai said with :4lucina: if there is enough diffence between the character they get there own slot so you want to tell me :wolf::fox: :lucas::ness2: are the same but not :drmario::mariomelee: and :4pit: and dark :4pit: hahahahaha no. its fake as the leaker said the dlc part to screw with people so who to say the whole thing is not to screw with people
This is the real, complete, final roster. No hype 3, no Lucas, no Wolf, no Snake. Horrible, disgusting, offensive roster.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
...Screw it, I am holding onto hope until the Wii U version is in my hands and I unlock all star mode.

Rasko

Smash Apprentice
REMEMBER: No matter how real this leak may seem, it may also be fake. Time will tell.

If this is real, shove that salty river water down the leaker's throat. :grin:
(Salt makes you dehydrated.)
Well Shulk and Bowser Jr. had videos of gameplay so they should be confirmed soon.

MelmanOfDaSouthh

Smash Cadet
Man journalism is horrible, you guys do know Ice Climbers are still IN right? Don't jump on an emotional bandwagon without paying attention to previous information that was given.

Remember Smash-run? Sakurai said dream Co-Stars which means where there's a polar bear there's Ice Climbers Starring in the roster. Come on, the context of words, people. *smh*

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
...Screw it, I am holding onto hope until the Wii U version is in my hands and I unlock all star mode.
I am also waiting for more characters to be revealed and this is not everything, even if there is no DLC. Because the lack of Isaac as well as inclusion of largely clone characters and too many over-repped franchises leaves a bad taste in mouth regarding Smash 4.

Logsmash

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LogMash
Well, this is certainly an interesting development. Some parts of the leak are potentially confirmed to be real, some parts are potentially confirmed to be false. I'd say this is the ideal outcome, as people arguing from either side now have more ammunition to fire back and forth. Should make for some thought-provoking discussion.

In addition, this is a wonderful example of a situation where a partially confirmed leak =/= 100% undeniably true, and partially disconfirmed leak =/= 100% undeniably false.

Furthermore, people really need to stop judging the validity of any unofficially released information based on whether or not they like what they're hearing. Just because your favorite character is part of a leaked roster, don't just assume it's true and throw all your support behind it. Likewise, don't rail against said roster just because your most wanted fighter isn't included. Leave your bias at the door and evaluate the information (whether it be images, videos, or even a wall o' text) objectively.

As for me, I'll just wait until I have unlocked the entire Wii U roster myself before assessing the validity of any leaks.

Darknut

Smash Cadet
SOMEONE gets it. I mention this so many times and people still push it, like c'mon. DLC was not planned from the get-go. Sakurai wants a full game here, I'm pretty sure it's obvious he doesn't want to do big DLC (like characters and stages) for the games, but instead have everything in the copies right away.
Not necessarily though. Just that they want a full release, no citing content back in order to save it for DLC, but that also doesn't mean we won't get new characters and or stages as DLC.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well, this is certainly an interesting development. Some parts of the leak are potentially confirmed to be real, some parts are potentially confirmed to be false. I'd say this is the ideal outcome, as people arguing from either side now have more ammunition to fire back and forth. Should make for some thought-provoking discussion.

In addition, this is a wonderful example of a situation where a partially confirmed leak =/= 100% undeniably true, and partially disconfirmed leak =/= 100% undeniably false.

Furthermore, people really need to stop judging the validity of any unofficially released information based on whether or not they like what they're hearing. Just because your favorite character is part of a leaked roster, don't just assume it's true and throw all your support behind it. Likewise, don't rail against said roster just because your most wanted fighter isn't included. Leave your bias at the door and evaluate the information (whether it be images, videos, or even a wall o' text) objectively.

As for me, I'll just wait until I have unlocked the entire Wii U roster myself before assessing the validity of any leaks.
Yup analysing it. Bowser Jr. seemed legitimate with new moves while Shulk also seemed real even though many of his moves seemed copied from other fighters, mainly due to the Monado effects and some Shulk-ish animations. Some other aspects seem false though and the presence of the lock on the All-Star Mode suggests that this is not fully complete and more characters are left.

I sincerely hope that one of them is Isaac because that is the only newcomer that I have been rallying behind with all my support/hope! Also inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit in the leaked picture sort of miffed me but nothing shown in the video for them so we still have a ways to go.

Waiting for some positive news now.

Zurf

Smash Cadet
Ike climbers for DLC!!!:joyful:

But seriously though Ice Climbers had better make it.

If they have time to put Little Mac in the game then they should have time to add another NES-era veteran.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ike climbers for DLC!!!:joyful:

But seriously though Ice Climbers had better make it.

If they have time to put Little Mac in the game then they should have time to add another NES-era veteran.
Or upgrade another Assist Trophy (Isaac--- hint, hint....)! Surely he can't be the only upgrade?

If he is not in the game then Isaac for DLC!

Zenmaioh

Smash Apprentice
Still just upset that we're getting a stupid amount of Mario reps. The least they could do is keep the obscure characters in to keep it from being Super Smash Mario Fighting for 3DS/WiiU.

Kidney Thief

Smash Journeyman
Lol Ice climbers gone but Doc Mario is back? There are two possibilities. Sakurai isn't as smart as we thought with his character decisions or the leak is fake. I'm leaninig towards fake. Besides why would anyone want the duck hunt dog. He's not even a character, He'd be lucky to be an assist trophy

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
This is the real, complete, final roster. No hype 3, no Lucas, no Wolf, no Snake. Horrible, disgusting, offensive roster.
Someone is jumping the gun a bit too early. It's alright though. Everyone did it when the Brawl roster was leaked. And the world was still standing, Smash was still played, and no were are asking "Where is Lucas? Where is Wolf?" when people back then thought they were idiotic inclusions.

I have said this before but this particular DLC leak that mentioned that the 5 veterans + Chorus Men will be DLC may be disproven but that doesn't neccesarily mean that these characters are cut...gone...never appear in Smash nor does it rule out DLC in Smash. It was a DLC leak that was disproven...not Sakurai coming out and saying "These characters will not be DLC and never will be in Smash Bros."

Why don't we simmer down on the over-dramatics theatrics and be a bit more logical about this.

Lol Ice climbers gone but Doc Mario is back? There are two possibilities. Sakurai isn't as smart as we thought with his character decisions or the leak is fake. I'm leaninig towards fake. Besides why would anyone want the duck hunt dog. He's not even a character, He'd be lucky to be an assist trophy
While Duck Hunt, Dr. Mario, and Dark Pit are up in the air; we do know that Shulk, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf are in the game based on videos that was taken down by Nintendo. Seeing as how they were included in the character select screen and the fact Wario's trophy uses the same model as seen in the imgur leak, the character screen select has a lot of evidence going for it. I would suggest looking into the Roster/Stage Leak Thread or checking out the news article about said video. Using character inclusion as a way to argue the legitimacy of a leak is always a bad idea and never helps your argument.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
Something is jumping the gun a bit too early. It's alright though. Everyone did it when the Brawl roster was leaked. And the world was still standing, Smash was still played, and no were are asking "Where is Lucas? Where is Wolf?" when people back then thought they were idiotic inclusions.

I have said this before but this particular DLC leak that mentioned that the 5 veterans + Chorus Men will be DLC may be disproven but that doesn't neccesarily mean that these characters are cut...gone...never appear in Smash nor does it rule out DLC in Smash. It was a DLC leak that was disproven...not Sakurai coming out and saying "These characters will not be DLC and never will be in Smash Bros."

Why don't we simmer down on the over-dramatics theatrics and be a bit more logical about this.
If anything, they might be still locked. I don't think they unlocked everything that was shown in the recent pictures of the leaker.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
If anything, they might be still locked. I don't think they unlocked everything that was shown in the recent pictures of the leaker.
The general consensus that not all of the characters were locked due to the All-Star mode screen shot but nothing is known for certain.

What if Nintendo was actually in control of the leaks? View attachment 23068
I doubt it but it wouldn't be the first time a studio PR team would falsify information or leak pictures in order to generate hype and discussion. Though I highly doubt it is something of this magnitude. This was a non-Nintendo related leak.

Last edited:

The Slayer

RAWR!
NNID
Ren
3DS FC
1778-9825-9960
The general consensus that not all of the characters were locked due to the All-Star mode screen shot but nothing is known for certain.
The general consensus is strong, but I wouldn't keep it as truth. They might have changed it to what's currently unlocked instead of "once all characters being available." In all honesty though, the roster still looks great even without some characters from previous games.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The general consensus is strong, but I wouldn't keep it as truth. They might have changed it to what's currently unlocked instead of "once all characters being available." In all honesty though, the roster still looks great even without some characters from previous games.
The roster is what it is. I question the inclusion of Dr. Mario and Dark Pit but, hey, we have yet to seen them in action who knows. They might actually be fun. Bowser Jr., if the videos are to be believed, looks really interesting and fun. Duck Hunt was a character I never supported and never wanted to support. But seeing as how I have yet to see any pictures or videos of it, I can't say for certain if he doesn't deserve the spot or not. We can hope that this is not the final roster and that wasn't every character shown. I feel it isn't and they were will be a few more character who can really say at this point. It's less than 3 weeks away and we know for sure about the game.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Look at peach Embarrass !
What is this btw? An event match? Why are you putting importance on the lock ?
Because apparently this is the All-Star mode which UNLOCKS only when you have unlocked all characters. And if the lock is still there, that means the leak is missing a few characters which have not yet been unlocked in this build of the game.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Look at peach Embarrass !
What is this btw? An event match? Why are you putting importance on the lock ?
It is assumed to be the All Star Mode. As it involves every character in the roster, the fact it is locked and there is no score is taken to say that roster that were shown on the CSS leak did not have all of the characters on it. Take it with a pinch of salt though.

Xykness

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XYKman
I can only imagine what an angry Sakurai looks like after all of this.

If it is one thing that I have learned from leaked information, it is to take information like this with a grain of salt. We have already discovered that it is likely that part of a very popular leak may be true, while the other part of it not being as likely. This stirs up questions and conspiracies among smash-lovers like us, but these questions certainly can't be fully answered until Mr. Sakurai has officially announced them. This game is going to be amazing, guys. Despite whether these leaks are 100%. 87%, 34%, or 0% real... I am certainly going to enjoy playing Smash for the 3DS and Wii U!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
I'm glad I'm not one of the stupid ones who believed the leak was through just cuz there's a video... it NEVER a proof until it is officially confirmed by Nintendo.

People nowadays can make everything seem real. They know how to fake something really good and make it look like it is official. There are many ways to proof this. One of the best things is that they want to let it seem hyperrealistic.

Besides, this character selectscreen all black and dark colored is way too different from the fresh white screens we've officially been confirmed with. This wouldn't match at all with the other menu's.

The strange placing of Lucina and Dark Pit, not next to the other relative characters, the lack of some veterans. Blabla... DLC is a nice excuse. Easy to say, not able to disprove. UNTIL Nintendo says so herself.

SO people, one wise lesson: don't believe any leaks. Nintendo makes sure there won't be leaked anything.

Top Bottom