• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DLC Leak Disproven

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
The polar bear from the Ice Climber series is in smash run, with that said it'd be odd for ICs to be cut.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
I had a feeling that the DLC was fake. I couldn't see Nintendo doing that for Samsh with characters, but probably with stages. Who honestly thought Nintendo would release a game unfinished?...

...Mario Kart 8 is an exception though.
Mario Kart 8's as complete as they get, and no, Battle Mode doesn't matter, IT'S A RACING GAME.

Also, what's with people and their aversion to well-done DLC? I'd rather have 150% or 200% of a game than 100% if I can pay for it. Get this through your thick skulls, a complete game with DLC doesn't suddenly make the game incomplete, it adds.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Well, there's still a shot for the Chorus Kids at least considering the leak apparently isn't the full roster.

And I just hope Sakurai makes an exception to his "same characters on both systems" rule for the Ice Climbers. He says he wants both products to be the best they can be, so why remove a well-loved veteran from a system that can support them because the other system can't? That's unfairness, not fairness.

D

Deleted member

wait! there still a chance that the ice climbers will be a playable character take a look at this.

CJ Falcon

Smash Lord
I was probably the only one who said Ice Climbers were gonna be cut.

Last edited:

Ornstine

Smash Cadet
NNID
Faroose
3DS FC
3454-1164-7348
Na man NA MAN NOT WOLF i mean i will miss snake and lucas alot too but i knew they would be out. I Hate the ice climbers but their super unique fighting style made them a good asset to smash so even they shall be missed. But wolf why the hell cut wolf? No man cutting a villian is just stupid hes not even a damn clone especially if they say their gonna add trash like dark pit or duck hunt dog. But their still hope. I 100% beleive that the videos are true no doubt about it but the roster screen still seems dumb to me plus rumor has it not everyone has been unlocked yet so hopefully this means Wolf, Ice Climbers, Lucas, and even snake might return. Hopefully we can get King K Rool, Ridley, Mewtwo ect also Screw Duck hunt dog and dark pit their stupid characters im indifferent about doc i hate how hes a clone but i still love him from melee. Bowser Jr and Shulk are pretty much confirmed
at least ROB is back everyone said he'd be cut cept for me sweet :rob:

Ragna22

Smash Ace
R.I.P

:cry::crying::snake: :popo::wolf: :lucas::crying::cry:
We are gathered here today to say our farewells to 4 veterans. Their whereabouts unknown, it is doubtful they will make a return this time.

You will all be missed. Godspeed.
They're not dead dammit they're on vacation with all the money Brawl made lol.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Mario Kart 8's as complete as they get, and no, Battle Mode doesn't matter, IT'S A RACING GAME.

Also, what's with people and their aversion to well-done DLC? I'd rather have 150% or 200% of a game than 100% if I can pay for it. Get this through your thick skulls, a complete game with DLC doesn't suddenly make the game incomplete, it adds.
Yeah, but providing DLC on day one is like a slap in the face to gamers.

"So, you bought the game, but we decided not to include this part/these characters in the CD (although we could've) to make you pay some more for the 'complete' experience."

If you're gonna release DLC, do it after the game is completely finished and after people have played it for a bit.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
They're not dead dammit they're on vacation with all the money Brawl made lol.
Lol.

That would be funny if the EarthBound fans weren't sad.

Or the Snake fans.

Or the Wolf fans.

And good god the Ice Climber Fans.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Well, there's still a shot for the Chorus Kids at least considering the leak apparently isn't the full roster.

And I just hope Sakurai makes an exception to his "same characters on both systems" rule for the Ice Climbers. He says he wants both products to be the best they can be, so why remove a well-loved veteran from a system that can support them because the other system can't? That's unfairness, not fairness.
I doubt the ICs would be held back because of the 3DS. Rather, it could be that they couldn't fix their Chaingrabs.

But no, he wouldn't make an exception. He wouldn't go out of his way to make SSB3D outright inferior.

Drarky

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1607-4919-4337
I hope the leak it's not true, and if it is, Lucas has to be in the game.
C'mon Nintendo, show some love to Mother already ;-;

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
While the DLC leak is disconfirmed this has no bearing on actual potential unrevealed DLC content for the games. Please bear that in mind when posting.

PokeMarioRevolution

Smash Cadet
NNID
Supermario231502
I could see why Lucas and Snake but.. ICE CLIMBERS?!?!

Take a moment of silence for these fellows
:snake::lucas::popo::wolf:

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Wait...was the DLC leak the one that stated Ridley was in...? :c

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I doubt the ICs would be held back because of the 3DS. Rather, it could be that they couldn't fix their Chaingrabs.

But no, he wouldn't make an exception. He wouldn't go out of his way to make SSB3D outright inferior.
The solution for the former is simple: Make Nana unable to grab. The 3DS limitations are literally the only explanation.

And you know he won't make an exception...how, exactly? I'm not saying he outright will, but to deny it completely given the different situation the Ice Climbers are in just seems odd. It's not like he hasn't gone back on his word before. And it's not his fault if the 3DS is inferior hardware to the Wii U. Heck, the fact that it's handheld Smash is impressive as it is. It would just make the Wii U version more complete than it would be without them. Hardware issues shouldn't keep a character out of a game on compatible hardware.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
While the DLC leak is disconfirmed this has no bearing on actual potential unrevealed DLC content for the games. Please bear that in mind when posting.
This also means the characters still have a chance, as the leaked roster isn't complete anyway. The leaker confirmed that, right? Correct me if wrong.

Even if it was a lie, there's still a chance, and the roster doesn't seem complete with the strange character placement.

Toony McSkizzle

Smash Rookie
NNID
DarknessMaster
3DS FC
0361-7887-2519
Really sad to see IC's go - if the leak turns out to be true. They had a unique play style that no other character had. They were constantly a deadly duo. I came to love IC's just for their uniqueness. Now with the possibility of them getting cut becoming very real, I'm not sure how I feel about Smash 4.. I'm never a fan of undeserved nerfs and character cuts. I want to feel hyped, but with the strong possibility that such a different and unique character getting cut just kills it.

Sure, their chaingrabs were absurd, but that's what made them deadly. That's what made IC's who they are in Smash.

However, I'm still on the fence with them being cut. Sakurai can work miracles and he obviously wants them in.

Neoleo21

Smash Apprentice
There
Yeah, but providing DLC on day one is like a slap in the face to gamers.

"So, you bought the game, but we decided not to include this part/these characters in the CD (although we could've) to make you pay some more for the 'complete' experience."

If you're gonna release DLC, do it after the game is completely finished and after people have played it for a bit.
was no "day 1" dlc for mario kart 8, it was only revealed only a couple weeks back, only its free. I do say that the roster of MK8 isn't as good as MK Wii, but the characters may be continually introduced as time goes on for free (which is nintendo's usual approach to small stuff dlc like drivers). New characters may be free, but new courses may become available for DLC purchase in the future which is something many people are hoping for.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
The solution for the former is simple: Make Nana unable to grab. The 3DS limitations are literally the only explanation.

And you know he won't make an exception...how, exactly? I'm not saying he outright will, but to deny it completely given the different situation the Ice Climbers are in just seems odd. It's not like he hasn't gone back on his word before. And it's not his fault if the 3DS is inferior hardware to the Wii U. Heck, the fact that it's handheld Smash is impressive as it is. It would just make the Wii U version more complete than it would be without them. Hardware issues shouldn't keep a character out of a game on compatible hardware.
No, the ICs shouldn't be in one game because that'd make the other inferior. Remember, the 3DS version was originally the only game. Sakurai wouldn't make his original idea inferior.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
No, the ICs shouldn't be in one game because that'd make the other inferior. Remember, the 3DS version was originally the only game. Sakurai wouldn't make his original idea inferior.
Once again, you're speaking as if your words are fact. They're not.

Them not being in the Wii U version makes the Wii U version inferior to what it could be. It's limiting its potential.

NATGamer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NATGamer
3DS FC
3737-9639-8538
I loved Wolf in Brawl and I cannot believe the Ice Climbers, who have been in since Melee, are potentially cut. I would be very disappointed if this is true, but I am sticking to my guns. I have never believed this leak and I never will until it is officially confirmed by Sakurai.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
well then, i had a feeling the DLC was fake. but tbh i really did like the idea of Chorus men. o well
Keep in mind that this only confirms that the 4chan leaker was lying about the DLC list, just as he was lying about being the main source. The ACTUAL source of the images (Izat True) confirmed that the leaked roster isn't fully unlocked, as verified by All-Star mode being locked.

So, the Chorus Kids and any other newcomers are fair game! :chuckle:

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
I knew there will be no DLC planned before release from the beginning, but out of all of the veterans to cut, WHY ICE CLIMBERS?!?

Last edited:

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
I'm gonna miss Wolf, I really liked him in Brawl and especially Project M.

Top Bottom