• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Character Discussion Thread - Read the new sticky/announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Nintendo exclusive.
There actually have been PC and mobile versions of Ace Attorney games in the past.

Still, he is more iconic to Nintendo fans than anyone else.

EDIT: :4greninja:'d

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Time for a little fun.

If a series veteran currently in the game were announced as DLC as a newcomer (i.e. Donkey Kong was not in any of the other games but could be DLC for this one), what would the reactions be?

Joseppo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Yosemite_JIT
You called him a dumbo? You're such a [Rated M for Meanies]
Real talk, if Pheonix Wright happened, yay or nay? I'd love the guy, Capcom has so many memorable characters, with Pheonix standing out a lot
It would be the biggest YAY! of my life. Getting the character I actually voted for in the ballot would be the really neat. And, in terms of "relationship with Nintendo", I think he should be the next Capcom rep.
So yes, it would be really cool. And if he came with and Edgeworth alt, like Olimar/Alph, it would be even better.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
You called him a dumbo? You're such a [Rated M for Meanies]
Real talk, if Pheonix Wright happened, yay or nay? I'd love the guy, Capcom has so many memorable characters, with Pheonix standing out a lot
I wouldn't have a problem with him at all, he's a very unique character and one that's history is tied to Nintendo's. My only complaint is that I'd rather have him next smash if only to heighten the chances of another certain character getting in, but I'd still be pretty happy if he made it.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Subspace Emmerisary was neat and pretty cool the first time through. A little jarring how a lot of it, namely the enemies, came off as generic outside of the DK segments where they felt most at home (even it was fighting Bowser's army and not K. Rool's).

But as I had my Wii die to my cousin trying to force a disc in the wrong way and breaking the reader, it was not nearly as good the second time around.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Subspace Emmerisary was neat and pretty cool the first time through. A little jarring how a lot of it, namely the enemies, came off as generic outside of the DK segments where they felt most at home (even it was fighting Bowser's army and not K. Rool's).

But as I had my Wii die to my cousin trying to force a disc in the wrong way and breaking the reader, it was not nearly as good the second time around.
Your cousin is a little ****

Children0fTheStars

Smash Apprentice
As minor as it was, this is one of the things I really loved about the SSE. In some cases, it seemed like they were trying to design the level to be reminiscent of how the character's original games played. A jungle level with Donkey Kong and Diddy, the Island Swing track playing, barrel cannons; it was obvious they were trying to hearken back to the Donkey Kong Country days through the use the Smash engine.

I almost get this feeling with Zero Suit Samus's first level as well; it had limited Metroidvania-like level design.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
As minor as it was, this is one of the things I really loved about the SSE. In some cases, it seemed like they were trying to design the level to be reminiscent of how the character's original games played. A jungle level with Donkey Kong and Diddy, the Island Swing track playing, barrel cannons; it was obvious they were trying to hearken back to the Donkey Kong Country days through the use the Smash engine.

I almost get this feeling with Zero Suit Samus's first level as well; it had limited Metroidvania-like level design.
If we had more actual Nintendo enemies scattered around, like Smashrun, alongside the SubSpace Army, I feel like the experience would have come across better.

If Smash Run had online capability, jesus it would have been such a massive boon of a mode.

Oasis Dealer

"Woah!"
NNID
DarkCloud2469
3DS FC
4639-9066-5866
Yeah, for base game...

I am going to assume the reason why we didn't get a Ken alt for Ryu is because it's DLC and it would have taken extra time and money. Same goes for Edgy,
But...Ken plays differently from Ryu. Same body type, sure, and also they had the same specials, but the two play pretty differently from each other. There's a reason why the alts were chosen: They fit and played like the character the most. Lucina acted Like Marth for a bit, Dark Pit is a literal clone, and Dr. Mario is basically Mario in a coat. Alph is exactly like Olimar in body structure, and the koopalings pilot the clown car, and aren't the ones moving around.

Ken would be a semi clone of Ryu at best, and wouldn't exactly fit as an alt for Ryu.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Yeah, for base game...

I am going to assume the reason why we didn't get a Ken alt for Ryu is because it's DLC and it would have taken extra time and money. Same goes for Edgy,
No there's no Ken alt because they were going for a Street Fighter 2 feel and that had 8 colours for him already

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Wonderful, someone else is pulling a Tama. He's claiming, in essence, the next character will be shown soon, it's a Nintendo character and someone "who would have gotten in eventually".

Have fun with his Twitter feed.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hah, proof.

Precisely why I made the Tama comparison. There is no proof.
"What is proof? A miserable little pile of secrets!!"

Alright then. Business as usual...

I'm starting to wonder if we'll even get anything this month.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Wonderful, someone else is pulling a Tama. He's claiming, in essence, the next character will be shown soon, it's a Nintendo character and someone "who would have gotten in eventually".

Have fun with his Twitter feed.
I'm gonna go with Dixie for my guess, maybe I'm just ridiculously optimistic but she's a character that's not really surprising and and would have been added eventually, something in my gut is just telling me that it's her if this is all real

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I'd love it if Rhythm Heaven got a character.

I imagine a character from that series would play like Wario or G&W, with lots of janky, quick attacks.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
He thinks he didn't win the ballot (Not likely Wolf), but says their inclusion makes a lot of sense.
A Nintendo character.
The only logical (at least to me) solution is probably Chorus Kids.
Or less likely, a less popular veteran.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He thinks he didn't win the ballot (Not likely Wolf), but says their inclusion makes a lot of sense.
A Nintendo character.
The only logical (at least to me) solution is probably Chorus Kids.
Or less likely, a less popular veteran.
It could be Isaac... Or K. Rool. :ohwell:

memoryman3

Daisy Obsessed
NNID
memoryman3
Sounds like he's referring to Chorus Kids.
"The character is a BIG deal"

Chorus Kids are not that of a big deal but...

"This person would have been added eventually"

Someone who is seen as a popular character, who is a shoo-in.

"A Nintendo character"

I like where this is going.

"A newcomer!"

GIVE IT TO ME!

"Not added from the ballot.."

Give me Daisy! Aw forget it, I'm getting my hopes too high...

Last edited:

Talpr1

Smash Journeyman
We don't even know what he means by winning the ballot. It's a lot different if he means top 5/10 rather than if he means absolute first place. In the second case, any character.could potentially fill the bill tbh. Even K. Rool.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
He says the character didn't win the ballot, so that eliminates any possibility of a very popular character.
Well, he doesn't have any evidence to prove his claim, so it's really just speculation.

All we can do is wait... As usual...

"the character is a big deal"
I know who it is
not believing something without proof btw

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
"The character is a BIG deal"

Chorus Kids are not that of a big deal but...
Seems like the only criteria the Chorus Kids it didn't fit.

"This person would have been added eventually"

Someone who is seen as a popular character, who is a shoo-in.
Going by Gematsu, Chorus Kids also fits this.

"A Nintendo character"

I like where this is going.
Obvious!

"A newcomer!"

GIVE IT TO ME!
You sure these are the quotes he said?
Then that eliminates the possibility of Wolf.

in some seriousness someone who didn't "win the ballot" but still seems like a shoo in sounds like dixie or Inklings to me.

Especially inklings from the "they will get in eventually" part.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
He says the character didn't win the ballot, so that eliminates any possibility of a very popular character.
He says he thinks the character didn't win the Ballot. Aside from the fact that there's not necessarily a clear cut winner to begin with, all it would mean is that the character in question wasn't the most popular. He even went on to say that the character could be considered a "big deal."

I guess that could eliminate K. Rool, but anyone else seems like fair game.

Of course, that's all assuming that this guy is genuine. As of now, there's not much reason to really believe him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom